Author Topic: Vince Goodrum's "Fuck That Shit, I Got A Better Idea" Threads  (Read 225190 times)

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
Time will tell. In the meantime, the resolution and features on newer flat screen TV's are far and above any of those on a TV as old as yours is.

When I recently replaced my 2004 Mazda, it was partly because it is loaded with features not available in cars that old. With almost 150,000 miles on it, it still ran perfectly as if new. There are many reasons to upgrade to newer products than how long it will last. Most vehicles in the 1950's didn't hold up for anywhere near 150,000 miles and they required a lot more maintenance, fuel and oil.

Prime cruisin the bi-ways of America

"

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Prime cruisin the bi-ways of America

What a fun and sporty car this is. Maybe I should get one for the bi-ways.

This is what I actually bought and in this color, (red is too flashy for me). Can you photoshop my person into it?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Included, but not free. You still paid for them. You just didn't realize it. Not only that, if you took out a mortgage on your house, you will likely end up paying much more for that used washer and dryer then it would have cost you for fancy new equipment.

the washer and dryer (and for that matter the refrigerator) are chattel and not included in the price of the house and definitely not given any value in an appraisal and therefore not a single dollar of my mortgage was allocated or even had an imputed value for the washer and dryer.

The seller could have removed them but chose not to

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
It is pretty simple really. The seller included appliances with the sale and as part of the purchase price, which they've raised to compensate for the inclusion. When you take out a thirty year mortgage, you spread  however much you indirectly paid for these appliances over those thirty years. If you've had/have a mortgage you already know that you pay more in interest each month than you do on the principle for the first 15 years. So if the seller added $1,000 to the home's sales price to cover the "gift" of the washer and dryer, you will pay $574.96 in interest on them, making the total cost for the washer and dryer $1,574.96. In addition to this, you will be paying for them long after they went to the junkyard, considering most appliances last only 10 to 15 years.

simple and totally wrong

chattel is not given any value in an appraisal and mortgage lenders don't lend on appliances.
If you want to purchase appliances from the seller you do that separately and pay for them in cash

In my case the seller left them there (likely because he didn't want them as I had been leasing the house from him for a year prior to purchase and he had already moved to a new home)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
simple and totally wrong

chattel is not given any value in an appraisal and mortgage lenders don't lend on appliances.
If you want to purchase appliances from the seller you do that separately and pay for them in cash

In my case the seller left them there (likely because he didn't want them as I had been leasing the house from him for a year

prior to purchase and he had already moved to a new home)

In the legal sense you are correct. Realistically, the seller can include chattel in the price he asks for the real estate/property as long as it is not identified as such. I seriously doubt these items would affect the appraisal unless they are gold plated or the property in incredibly cheap.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
In the legal sense you are correct. Realistically, the seller can include chattel in the price he asks for the real estate/property as long as it is not identified as such. I seriously doubt these items would affect the appraisal unless they are gold plated or the property in incredibly cheap.

If it were included on a contract the lender would specifically ask the appraiser to comment on whether it was given any value and if so it would be deducted from the appraised value (and of course no competent appraiser is going to say he included chattel in an appraised value of real property)

Also, I know my transaction (I knew the seller) and purchased the property at less than market value (slightly -based on the current comps at that time) and the seller also gave me a credit to replace the carpets so I'm pretty sure the old washer and dryer in the garage (worth maybe $300 at that time which was 13 years ago) were not imputed into my purchase price

They also damn sure weren't part of my mortgage so your premise that I  "likely ended up paying much more for that used washer and dryer then it would have cost you for fancy new equipment" is total nonsense

Fortress

• Getbig V

This is what I actually bought and in this color, (red is too flashy for me). Can you photoshop my person into it?

What an ugly ride.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
What an ugly ride.

I find the new MX-5 pretty cool for a small little sports car.

It's got much meaner looks on the new model. Can look very nice.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
What an ugly ride.

That you find the ride ugly is of no importance to me.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
If it were included on a contract the lender would specifically ask the appraiser to comment on whether it was given any value and if so it would be deducted from the appraised value (and of course no competent appraiser is going to say he included chattel in an appraised value of real property)

Also, I know my transaction (I knew the seller) and purchased the property at less than market value (slightly -based on the current comps at that time) and the seller also gave me a credit to replace the carpets so I'm pretty sure the old washer and dryer in the garage (worth maybe $300 at that time which was 13 years ago) were not imputed into my purchase price

They also damn sure weren't part of my mortgage so your premise that I  "likely ended up paying much more for that used washer and dryer then it would have cost you for fancy new equipment" is total nonsense

There is little doubt your situation is exactly as you've explained it. That you thought I was specifically addressing you and your real estate  transaction, is interesting. What I suggested does happen.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Congrats on the new wheels and drive safe.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V

Congrats on the new wheels and drive safe.

Always.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
6 pages ...all over me buying a used washer and dryer still going strong ;D.   
A

Fortress

• Getbig V
That you find the ride ugly is of no importance to me.

Looks like shit.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...

You are a celebrity. More threads about you than pros or women.

Except for threads blinky posts to in the 18+ board.

Qwert II

• Getbig IV

Too bad all the posts ridicule your obesity, enthusiasm for minimum wage jobs & lack of cognitive ability.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V

just think, if you had a youtube channel you could make vegan stains and all the other tards meltdown

"

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
Too bad all the posts ridicule your obesity, enthusiasm for minimum wage jobs & lack of cognitive ability.

And not a single visit from anyone to his weak-ass online grocery store.
K

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
You are a celebrity. More threads about you than pros or women.

Except for threads blinky posts to in the 18+ board.

I suspect his dubious celebrity status still won't get him a free meal that the local Waffle House

BTW - for all the lame and embarrassing stuff he posts to this board the worst by far was revealing that he works out at Planet Fitness

Qwert II

• Getbig IV
I suspect his dubious celebrity status still won't get him a free meal that the local Waffle House

BTW - for all the lame and embarrassing stuff he posts to this board the worst by far was revealing that he works out at Planet Fitness

You can rest assured that Melvin Goodrum doesn't workout anywhere except in his mind.

He probably had a free workout pass & used the opportunity to take a pic.

One look at his giant gut & you know he hasn't been anywhere near a gym in years.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V

He should hook up with a Kardashian, or make a sextape with Kanye

it will be called Keeping up with the Kelbasa

"

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Looks like shit.

What one likes or doesn't like about how a car looks is subjective. What you see as ugly, others view as attractive or interesting.

My car is not my status symbol. What is important is how it drives, whether or not it is comfortable and for some, the level of technology. From an appearance standpoint, the interior aesthetics mean more to me because this is what I see when I am driving my car. The perforated leather and suede seats are very comfortable. The display/touch screen is fairly large and very interactive providing a multitude of features. Unlike you, I appreciate the compact and muscular appearance the exterior has. Other folks must too, because they often compliment the car.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
He should hook up with a Kardashian, or make a sextape with Kanye

it will be called Keeping up with the Kelbasa

rofl

Fortress

• Getbig V
What one likes or doesn't like about how a car looks is subjective. What you see as ugly, others view as attractive or interesting.

My car is not my status symbol. What is important is how it drives, whether or not it is comfortable and for some, the level of technology. From an appearance standpoint, the interior aesthetics mean more to me because this is what I see when I am driving my car. The perforated leather and suede seats are very comfortable. The display/touch screen is fairly large and very interactive providing a multitude of features. Unlike you, I appreciate the compact and muscular appearance the exterior has. Other folks must too, because they often compliment the car.

Tuna can with wheels. If I was driving beside such an eyesore, I'd sideswipe it and then throw a banana peel onto the hood.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
So I look around and tell him that I need something that doesn't leak, doesn't squeak, and I could care less how many dents in it as long as it works.  So he shows me a Whirlpool washer and dryer.  Its got a few dents and it was a bit discolored but it was fine for what I needed.  After some talk, he gave both of them to me for 250 bucks with another 50 bucks for the cords, vents, and delivery by some guys working indy.  We shook hands on it, I dropped 15 Andrew Jackson's in his hand and that was it.  

These are the one's I bought.  They will be delivering my goods in a few hours on a pickup truck and will be  installed.   That's how business is done folks.  No credit card payments, no waiting a week, no bullshit

Basically, you bought a used washer and dryer on clearance (which I did about 14 years ago, shortly after I got married). You can do that at department store. I got my washer from Sears (the only issue with the washer was that the temperature setting was backward....cold was hot and hot was cold; no issue with the dryer).