Author Topic: Vince Goodrum's "Fuck That Shit, I Got A Better Idea" Threads  (Read 226220 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Vince Goodrum's "Fuck That Shit, I Got A Better Idea" Threads
« Reply #1625 on: April 09, 2018, 03:38:36 PM »
yeh i stumbled on the idea while looking at a few things on internet. the wardrobes are actually in front of a chimney breast and two alcoves, so lost a bit of space with it but the room is 20ft + long anyway so didn't really matter. was really pleased how it turned out.

In my previous home I was able to create built-ins, such as cupboards and book shelves, by having them fabricated at an unfinished furniture store, using stock items selected from their catalog. All I was left doing was making face-frames and doors where desired and then finishing the surfaces, which I painted. Unlike Ikea products, these quasi-custom built units were all wood with no MDF. When completed, they looked as if they'd been installed when the house was built.

For whatever reason, I didn't do this in my current home yet, but I may when I turn one of the bedrooms into an office. Anyone ever built a wall-bed? I'm thinking about replacing the current bedstead with one to save floor space as an option the occasional guest.

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #1626 on: April 09, 2018, 04:33:04 PM »
In my previous home I was able to create built-ins, such as cupboards and book shelves, by having them fabricated at an unfinished furniture store, using stock items selected from their catalog. All I was left doing was making face-frames and doors where desired and then finishing the surfaces, which I painted. Unlike Ikea products, these quasi-custom built units were all wood with no MDF. When completed, they looked as if they'd been installed when the house was built.

For whatever reason, I didn't do this in my current home yet, but I may when I turn one of the bedrooms into an office. Anyone ever built a wall-bed? I'm thinking about replacing the current bedstead with one to save floor space as an option the occasional guest.

that sounds pretty cool. i bet they looked great.  tbh i've never really been a fan of ikea or any flat pack furniture for that matter. but for the style we wanted these ikea pax wardrobes worked really well and i was very surprised with the quality of them for the money. yeh the carcasses are only covered mdf but they are actually pretty sturdy. the slidy doors are metal frame with a black acrylic like material with mirror sections in the middle.

they really have a decent feel to them and not cheap and nasty how you expect ikea stuff to feel. i think the slidy doors are better quality than the standard open/shut doors ikea do. very pleased with the value for money tbh.

not sure about a wall bed. not something you really see over here in the UK.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1627 on: April 09, 2018, 05:15:24 PM »
This may be inappropriate under this topic ... but ..

We had a summer home on a river 72 miles north of the San Francisco.

It was above a river called the Russian River in a small redwood forest resort called Rio Nido.

One year the winer river raised high enough to wash it a mile and a half down-river where it hit the Guerneville Bridge and sunk.

No one was in it at the time and insurance was not available for river-side homes ... so that was the end of our summer days within the most popular summer resort throughout Northern California in which the top politivians, movie stars, and industrialists came to get drunk, raise hell, enjoy the river and the sunshine, and get adverse publicity in the local newspaper.

BOHEMIAN GROVE  in my backyard.... Check it out for a bit of interesting California history.

Vince ... Make sure you get adequate home insurance  ..... and also for your dog in case he bites the burglers!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1628 on: April 09, 2018, 07:19:13 PM »
Haha I don’t mind that but can’t we take turns?

Possibly. But all depends how long you want to sit on FF's lap for.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1629 on: April 09, 2018, 07:19:56 PM »
One of the three stools is a metal garbage can....this begs the question, who will sit on the garbage?  ;D

haha lol. Good catch!  ;D ;D

Looks like three of us will have to share one stool.

X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1630 on: April 09, 2018, 07:21:42 PM »
I would be honoured to. And while we have some beers Goodrum can cook up a protein rich meal, while the battle for the Olympia 2002 DVD plays on his TV.

Hoping Goodrum will polish his bodybuilding trophies in front of us.
X

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #1631 on: April 09, 2018, 09:55:06 PM »
Got the washer and dryer hooked up....had to change the dryer cords over to a 4 prong since its a new home.  I'm also getting DishTV since I found that that they have a Welcome Pack for 22.99 a month.  I can get rid of SlingTV and reserve more of my data for other things.  My entertainment expenses of course will go from 35 a month to 37.99 but I can live with that
A

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
« Reply #1632 on: April 09, 2018, 11:09:32 PM »
Got the washer and dryer hooked up....had to change the dryer cords over to a 4 prong since its a new home.  I'm also getting DishTV since I found that that they have a Welcome Pack for 22.99 a month.  I can get rid of SlingTV and reserve more of my data for other things.  My entertainment expenses of course will go from 35 a month to 37.99 but I can live with that

Why?? You had sufficient antenna tv no?

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #1633 on: April 10, 2018, 09:53:17 PM »
Hoping Goodrum will polish his bodybuilding trophies in front of us.

A dream come true.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #1634 on: April 12, 2018, 05:09:21 AM »
a

doggler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1635 on: April 14, 2018, 06:05:41 PM »
Vissy has a message.....

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #1636 on: April 16, 2018, 04:10:31 PM »
Pity Bump

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #1637 on: April 16, 2018, 08:05:37 PM »
What the hell is going on with the channel?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #1638 on: April 16, 2018, 08:58:55 PM »
What the hell is going on with the channel?

I'm moving a number of videos private.  I'll explain it in a few days on a new video I created.  I actually have 4 unreleased videos I made but I had to shelve them.
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #1639 on: April 17, 2018, 05:26:12 PM »
Ok guys....not any updates in a while so here we go....

Office is about put together....I've lined the driveway with solar lights....deck needs another 2 weeks before its ready to be stained.  Staying home tommorrow as I have blinds  being put in along with DISH Network coming to set up service.  Bedroom is complete and I'm about to finish up the office.  I'm ordering more solar lights for the back door and will have the driveway pours all the way to the stairs to allow more visitors. 

MAGA
A

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1640 on: April 17, 2018, 07:06:21 PM »
Ok guys....not any updates in a while so here we go....

Office is about put together....I've lined the driveway with solar lights....deck needs another 2 weeks before its ready to be stained.  Staying home tommorrow as I have blinds  being put in along with DISH Network coming to set up service.  Bedroom is complete and I'm about to finish up the office.  I'm ordering more solar lights for the back door and will have the driveway pours all the way to the stairs to allow more visitors. 

MAGA

X

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #1641 on: April 17, 2018, 07:29:57 PM »

I'm moving a number of videos private.  I'll explain it in a few days on a new video I created.  I actually have 4 unreleased videos I made but I had to shelve them.
???
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1642 on: April 17, 2018, 08:43:55 PM »
Q

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #1643 on: April 18, 2018, 08:08:51 PM »
Dish TV came today and put everything in.  Dish is mounted on the roof and cables are running under the house.   Intertherm came in to check on the heat pump and furnace and make some adjustments.   Went to sign off and pay for mini blinds and installation.   Lowes had some Bali blinds pulled and I said hell no to that....while they were only 50 dollars per blind, I'm not spending that type of money on something I'm going to hardly use...especially since I'll be getting curtains later to keep the temperature down during the hot summer.   Good old Project Source off the shelf is good enough for this.   Dex Station should be in tommorrow

A

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #1644 on: April 19, 2018, 01:08:06 AM »

any dvd about "legendary" mr.Canada 1970 contest  8)

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #1645 on: April 22, 2018, 06:41:40 AM »
Dish TV came today and put everything in.  Dish is mounted on the roof and cables are running under the house.   Intertherm came in to check on the heat pump and furnace and make some adjustments.   Went to sign off and pay for mini blinds and installation.   Lowes had some Bali blinds pulled and I said hell no to that....while they were only 50 dollars per blind, I'm not spending that type of money on something I'm going to hardly use...especially since I'll be getting curtains later to keep the temperature down during the hot summer.   Good old Project Source off the shelf is good enough for this.   Dex Station should be in tommorrow

Last thing somebody as unmotivated as you need is dish tv.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #1646 on: April 22, 2018, 05:28:51 PM »
Last thing somebody as unmotivated as you need is dish tv.

They have a fitness channel to where you can do home workouts guided by the screen.   Might be a good thing

doggler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1647 on: April 23, 2018, 02:01:45 PM »
Vince are you ready for Mtv Cribs ?

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #1648 on: April 24, 2018, 04:39:41 PM »
Several years ago during the last financial crisis we urged Melvin to acquire one of those houses for almost free. He declined the suggestion.

Then he was going to live off the grid. Then buy a Jaguar. This dude doesn't think clearly and bullshits all day long.

:)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #1649 on: April 28, 2018, 06:28:44 AM »
Got the blinds put in......just got off the shelf Project Source mini blinds.   You get a contractors price at Lowes when you buy more than 5.   I got all of them cord free which allows me to pull them up and down by hand as if they are some shades.   

Extension cable arrived for my DEX station so I'll have a computer that I can use as much data as needed.   I have a microwave cart coming in to free up my space on the counter for my knives and canisters.   I'm also have a storage shed put in next week.   I have to wait though for some free and clear weather to finally stain the deck.
A