Author Topic: Why does it matter whether Mike O'Hearn is natural?  (Read 2430 times)

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
Why does it matter whether Mike O'Hearn is natural?
« on: July 04, 2016, 06:29:34 AM »
This is a question that I think has deep philosophical meaning, not just for bodybuilding but for America itself.  Is it hard work or just cheating that has created O'Hearn (or America)?  Even if not natty, is there any reason to lie about it?  Or in America are you a sucker to ever not just fake it to make it?

I am posting it on America's birthday, July 4th because the country, to some extent, actually depends on O'Hearn's "natty" status.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Re: Why does it matter whether Mike O'Hearn is natural?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 07:02:12 AM »
It ONLY matters because he trumpets his natty status to the world. Just train and pin and STFU about nattiness. If somebody asks, deflect. He's like that other fake natty (name escapes) that probably actually believes he's natty at this point.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 07:11:11 AM »
It ONLY matters because he trumpets his natty status to the world. Just train and pin and STFU about nattiness. If somebody asks, deflect. He's like that other fake natty (name escapes) that probably actually believes he's natty at this point.

It matters because it determines how much credit he should be given for his physique, how much of an accomplishment it is.  If he admits being a user then his physique needs to be compared to all the pros and anyone else using.  Same with his strength.  Good for a natural, but not very big deal otherwise.  It goes to the very core of his being and status as a physique celebrity.

In fairness to him, there is this huge catch 22 where on the one hand people think the amazing physiques of a very small gifted minority can be developed naturally and on the other people think that using steroids means there is minimal effort involved and you blow up into Paul Dillett.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 07:16:54 AM »
It matters because it determines how much credit he should be given for his physique, how much of an accomplishment it is.  If he admits being a user then his physique needs to be compared to all the pros and anyone else using.  Same with his strength.  Good for a natural, but not very big deal otherwise.  It goes to the very core of his being and status as a physique celebrity.

In fairness to him, there is this huge catch 22 where on the one hand people think the amazing physiques of a very small gifted minority can be developed naturally and on the other people think that using steroids means there is minimal effort involved and you blow up into Paul Dillett.

This always annoyed me. If you are in the gas, you have to work as hard or harder, and the only difference is that your hard work actually produces results.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 07:47:11 AM »
This always annoyed me. If you are in the gas, you have to work as hard or harder, and the only difference is that your hard work actually produces results.

The easily obtainable everyday physique expectations today require some form of PED.  Anyone using PEDs is all drugs and deserves no credit for their accomplishments.  Therefore you only deserve credit if you are an out of shape looking slob.

milone79

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2016, 08:00:02 AM »

oh yea I love that line....gear users need to work harder....stfu with that bullshit.....some of the laziest fucks in know in the gym are full of gear and train like pussies....keep convincing yourself otherwise though.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2016, 08:11:30 AM »

No. You still have to bust your ass in the gym and eat ridiculous amounts of food. Shooting steroids is the easy part.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2016, 08:16:50 AM »
I wonder if steroids were made legal whether bodybuilders would still lie about using them?

Perhaps they fear the legal repercussions and possible media sensationalism.

It should be legal, that way people can buy proper quality at a pharmacy and get regularly monitored by a doctor.

The people that want to use, will use anyway.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2016, 08:18:03 AM »
THIS

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2016, 08:33:12 AM »
I wonder if steroids were made legal whether bodybuilders would still lie about using them?

It should be legal, that way people can buy proper quality at a pharmacy and get regularly monitored by a doctor.

I think this is some of my point and thank you for clarifying it for me.  I think they definitely would still lie, absolutely.  I think the legal issue is a dodge and it has a lot more to do with a sense of accomplishment/cheating and denigration of the hard work and effort put in that leads to the lies, at least the ones that aren't widely publicly disseminated.  I've had guys lie to my face many many times and not one of them was ever worried about the law.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2016, 08:39:01 AM »
It doesn't  matter. No one here or anywhere  is losing sleep over anything Mike says or does.

It only becomes an issue because his whole persona is based on his drug free status. I could handle him lying saying he doesn't do drugs when asked but it's ridiculous for him to continually spout off about being drug free and expecting it to go unchecked.

Getbig is the thunder dome for a reason.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2016, 08:48:22 AM »
oh yea I love that line....gear users need to work harder....stfu with that bullshit.....some of the laziest fucks in know in the gym are full of gear and train like pussies....keep convincing yourself otherwise though.

Sounds like the crying of a bitter natty.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2016, 08:48:42 AM »

Think of all the drug users you know who openly admit using something illegal. Most people don't care/have a similar story of using said drug/understand why/how a person would get to that point of use.

Taking it a step further look around at all the people you know who've bragged about having some type of cosmetic surgey (Nose job, breastfeed reduction/augmentation, liposuction, gastric bypass.....). The general public understands insecurity and self improvement.

Steroids aren't seen in the same light in either circumstance.  It seems the only issue that the war on drugs has worked with is steroids. People believe they're bad. Legal or illegal doesn't really matter.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2016, 09:10:30 AM »
Imagine how much more famous he'd be if social media had been around twenty years ago.  Dude is past his prime for sure and teeny boppers probably have no clue who the old man is. Great physique nonetheless.

Weedlejuice

• Getbig III
  • Be the very best, like no one ever was.
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2016, 09:12:29 AM »
This is a question that I think has deep philosophical meaning, not just for bodybuilding but for America itself.  Is it hard work or just cheating that has created O'Hearn (or America)?  Even if not natty, is there any reason to lie about it?  Or in America are you a sucker to ever not just fake it to make it?

I am posting it on America's birthday, July 4th because the country, to some extent, actually depends on O'Hearn's "natty" status.

It doesn't matter that he's juiced, what matters is that he's a liar and by extension a conman with regard to everything he endorses

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2016, 09:14:04 AM »

Not so.  The truth of it is while they don't really need to train any harder, they could.  For the greater part they just flat out refuse to.  Example:  Phildo.

And it could be said they refuse to train smarter.  Examples:  Branch, Jackson and the biggest idiot to date, Coleman.

Outside his artificial world of The Gatrix and Hollywierdos and YouBoob videos wherein Mikey is forever auditioning for some important role that requires he drop or add muscle, O'Hearn doesn't matter at all.

He's nothing more than the gerbil of the moment in some producers tunnel of love.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2016, 09:29:07 AM »
It doesn't matter that he's juiced, what matters is that he's a liar and by extension a conman with regard to everything he endorses

While absolutely a fair point, the "conman" thing is an entirely different thread of why falsely claiming natty is wrong.  That brings in the whole trying to sell you something aspect.  The conman issue applies to pretty much the entire supplement industry and all magazines and any events sponsored by or affiliated with the supplements.  No one seriously thinks Rich Piano is natural, but he's still a conman if hawking snake oil.

Some fairly large segment believes O'Hearn is or could be natty entirely apart from any supplement issues.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2016, 09:43:21 AM »

I thought we'd established that Mr Milone was @luimarco..?  So natty yes, but bitter...? #teamluimarco  #wesaluteyoubro
T

Anglo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2016, 10:09:23 AM »

Very true, however, in Mike's case he is an Idol that actually believes his own lies, ergo..  some think he needs to be sounded out.

If he didn't proclaim his natural status ad nausaum, people wouldn't question it.

Like in all aspects of pagentry/sport, drug use and dissonance are subconsciously accepted, as they are its bedrock.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2016, 10:30:44 AM »
Very true, however, in Mike's case he is an Idol that actually believes his own lies, ergo..  some think he needs to be sounded out.

If he didn't proclaim his natural status ad nausaum, people wouldn't question it.

Like in all aspects of pagentry/sport, drug use and dissonance are subconsciously accepted, as they are its bedrock.

That really is interesting, the idea that he believes his own lies.  Has a certain surface appeal but Can't buy it though.  No one could be regularly injecting themselves and still believing they are natural. He could push it down or ignore it, but not believe it.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2016, 10:37:36 AM »
The easily obtainable everyday physique expectations today require some form of PED.  Anyone using PEDs is all drugs and deserves no credit for their accomplishments.  Therefore you only deserve credit if you are an out of shape looking slob.

there are lots and lots of guys who juice and look like absolute doghorseshit

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2016, 10:47:52 AM »
there are lots and lots of guys who juice and look like absolute doghorseshit

There are lots of tall people in China also.  Those guys who look like doghorseshit already get no credit.  Just because they get no credit doesn't mean someone on juice doesn't also get no credit.  I'm pretty much talking about in the eyes of the public, who aren't worth two bags of doghorseshit anyway, but because of all the lies and propaganda from Hollywood and hawkers, they've come to expect a steroid requiring physique while at the same time denigrating and giving no credit to the realities.

Anglo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2016, 10:53:45 AM »
That really is interesting, the idea that he believes his own lies.  Has a certain surface appeal but Can't buy it though.  No one could be regularly injecting themselves and still believing they are natural. He could push it down or ignore it, but not believe it.

Those who tend to not flinch when presenting their mask to the public are either very good actors or borderline psychopaths, maybe both!

As we know, throwing the iron around can manifest into extreme insecurity and narcissism, not to mention the schmoealistic appeal! Plus, O'Hearn is aging and needs to preserve his identity. As another poster pointed out, he has nothing to gain from revealing the obvious.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2016, 10:58:31 AM »
Those who tend to not flinch when presenting their mask to the public are either very good actors or borderline psychopaths, maybe both!

As we know, throwing the iron around can manifest into extreme insecurity and narcissism, not to mention the schmoealistic appeal! Plus, O'Hearn is aging and needs to preserve his identity. As another poster pointed out, he has nothing to gain from revealing the obvious.

i always thought that o'hearn was a cool dude, but after seeing his reaction to gayson blahahahahaha he came off as a real shitstain

gayson is also a turd too so it's a nice match

one fella that is good peeps is kev levorne an all-around good dude is he  8)

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2016, 11:00:11 AM »

I think it starts out by being coy and evasive on the issue, but the more you have to narcissistically post on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc., the deeper you get pushed into it until you just have to flat out lie all the time about it.  And there's nowhere to go from there and no way to reel it back.

To me though, this is the fundamental question of modern bodybuilding now that the equation is:

Big guy = juice = anyone can do that if they are willing.

When I started the equation was/seemed:

Big guy = works hard in gym = that's not something everyone is tough enough to achieve.