Author Topic: OBAMAS ASS-KICKING OF SOUL CRUSHER CONTINUES..approval rating at 51% and 4.8% UE  (Read 6428 times)

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
For one thing, you just asked whether lower and middle class people need certain jobs.

Do you expect them to pimp out their wives, instead?

No, I expect people to strive to do better.

In the previous scenario, where robots were "taking over" low level jobs. They will need people to repair them and program them. Work on them... Those jobs would still have a people requirement.

That's what I'm talking about in that scenario.

Or do you mean currently where people are picking lettuce and what not?

My point is that those people are making less than minimum wage and as such, most citizens in the US would refuse a job like that, where illegals don't of course.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
No, I expect people to strive to do better.

So why encourage an environment which makes that all the more unachievable?

In the previous scenario, where robots were "taking over" low level jobs. They will need people to repair them and program them. Work on them... Those jobs would still have a people requirement.

That's what I'm talking about in that scenario.

Or do you mean currently where people are picking lettuce and what not?

My point is that those people are making less than minimum wage and as such, most citizens in the US would refuse a job like that, where illegals don't of course.

We can make people work very hard when they're faced with a threat of being beaten, too.  Or if they want to eat.  Or both!

So how far down do we go?

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
So why encourage an environment which makes that all the more unachievable?

We can make people work very hard when they're faced with a threat of being beaten, too.  Or if they want to eat.  Or both!

So how far down do we go?

I mean if you get rid of things like welfare, I suppose that would start a huge shift, but do you think that's a good idea?

What about my scenario creates an environment that makes betterment "unachievable"?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
I mean if you get rid of things like welfare, I suppose that would start a huge shift, but do you think that's a good idea?

What about my scenario creates an environment that makes betterment "unachievable"?

Every illegal worker makes it further from an achievable state, because there's only so much need for workers.  Tonymctones spelled it out pretty well imo.  And of course things will only continue to tighten as we go into the future. 

It is a really tough spot we're in, and the media messages are so off-the-chart crazy on this issue, I would just love to see people be made to answer and be held accountable for that.

JackScribber

• Getbig III
and exactly where did you see in my post any talk of racism???????.....dude...stick to the topic instead of going off on rants....if you want to talk about racism, then say so..don't attribute it to me when there is no post here where I bring it up

In the fucking post I quoted!

It's become such a normal thing for you you don't even notice it anymore. All you do is cry racism when anyone dare criticize Obama for anything.

Get over it crybaby. Nobody gives a flying fuck about being called a racist on here. Get new material already.

JackScribber

• Getbig III
I think usually it will always be more economical to replace workers with machines....Machines don't get tired, don't call in sick, don't argue with the boss, adn have higher productivity levels.....its starting to happen in fast food now with the new $15 an hour wage...like I said, just wait until our trucks, taxis and limos are all being driven by robots....we will have mass unemployment like you've never seen

Who's going to build all these machines? Design the machines, program them, man them, maintain them, install them, upgrade them?

Jobs won't ever disappear, markets will change. People that don't want to change or better themselves will get left behind. There's literally hundreds of 1000s of jobs out there in America TODAY. Vacancies that can't be filled because the skills aren't there.

If you're too fucking stupid or lazy to continuously better yourself, yes, chances are unemployment will rise. Not for the lack of opportunity though.

But I suppose lefty liberal shitheads don't want to see it that way as that place the onus back on them to get off their asses and do something for themselves.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
Who's going to build all these machines? Design the machines, program them, man them, maintain them, install them, upgrade them?

Jobs won't ever disappear, markets will change. People that don't want to change or better themselves will get left behind. There's literally hundreds of 1000s of jobs out there in America TODAY. Vacancies that can't be filled because the skills aren't there.

If you're too fucking stupid or lazy to continuously better yourself, yes, chances are unemployment will rise. Not for the lack of opportunity though.

This is exactly what I was saying.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
There's literally hundreds of 1000s of jobs out there in America TODAY. Vacancies that can't be filled because the skills aren't there.

Really?  Wow!  Must have come as quite a shock to the companies that you say are now losing money because they can't fill their potential.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
Pretty well known that there are lots of positions currently that people are having trouble finding qualified people for.

http://www.jobsinme.com/misc/page.aspx?pagenum=ten-jobs-employers-cant-fill

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Pretty well known that there are lots of positions currently that people are having trouble finding qualified people for.

http://www.jobsinme.com/misc/page.aspx?pagenum=ten-jobs-employers-cant-fill

Then how is it they're managing to "find" them in India, I wonder?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
This wouldn't be a convenient excuse to use Indian workers, would it?

???

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
This wouldn't be a convenient excuse to use Indian workers, would it?

???

They aren't finding a lot of Nurses and Truck drivers and HVAC guys from India.

So no, pretty sure not.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
They aren't finding a lot of Nurses and Truck drivers and HVAC guys from India.

So no, pretty sure not.

Isn't the tech industry known for hiring Indians because they "can't find" qualified Americans?

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
Isn't the tech industry known for hiring Indians because they "can't find" qualified Americans?

I don't know about that. I've seen people say they are off-shoring to do some things because of cost. "can't find"? I don't know.

I'm in the tech field and so far, I've not had an issue.

I guess it depends on what level of expertise the business is looking for at the time.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Lmao..you made me curious to find out more, Tu.  So I looked up Indian truck drivers in America and it isn't quite what you'd think, apparently.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
I don't know about that. I've seen people say they are off-shoring to do some things because of cost. "can't find"? I don't know.

I'm in the tech field and so far, I've not had an issue.

I guess it depends on what level of expertise the business is looking for at the time.

Indians are all over tech, as a matter of fact.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
An American company is recruiting long-haul truck drivers from India with the goal of placing them with U.S. trucking firms.

The Teamsters Union strongly opposes the plan by Gagan Global LLC of Garnerville, N.Y.

Teamsters Union spokesman Galen Munroe told WND the plan “is yet another example of corporations exploiting a visa program to replace highly trained, hard-working Americans with cheap labor from overseas.”

Gagan Global has contracted with the Indian state government of Andra Pradesh and its Overseas Manpower Consultancy to run a training school in the Asian country.

Gagan Global CEO Philip Gagan told WND a first batch of 200 Indian truck drivers has been recruited to attend the school in preparation for work in the U.S.

“We are recruiting Indian truck drivers,” Gagan confirmed to WND. “We are very demanding on our requirements to get into the school. The requirements are that you have to have five years of heavy driving experience on tractor-trailer trucks, you have to be HIV-negative, have a clean police record, verifiable references that the government in India can verify.”

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
When will we stop pretending everything is OK in this nation?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Yes, Indian truck drivers will be trucking down the road freely into Mexico and back and we'll all have a swell time.  ::)

Just because 'you' may sense everything's fine with yourself, and that it MUST mean the country is in primo shape, doesn't mean you aren't delusional and full of shit.  (not necessarily you, Tu, but anyone who can't see what's happening.)

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
Yes, Indian truck drivers will be trucking down the road freely into Mexico and back and we'll all have a swell time.  ::)

Just because 'you' may sense everything's fine with yourself, and that it MUST mean the country is in primo shape, doesn't mean you aren't delusional and full of shit.  (not necessarily you, Tu, but anyone who can't see what's happening.)

The question to ask is if they are using them because they are cheap, or because they aren't getting enough qualified candidates.

I do know I hear a lot of commercials on the radio looking for truck drivers all of the time.

JackScribber

• Getbig III
An American company is recruiting long-haul truck drivers from India with the goal of placing them with U.S. trucking firms.

The Teamsters Union strongly opposes the plan by Gagan Global LLC of Garnerville, N.Y.

Teamsters Union spokesman Galen Munroe told WND the plan “is yet another example of corporations exploiting a visa program to replace highly trained, hard-working Americans with cheap labor from overseas.”

Gagan Global has contracted with the Indian state government of Andra Pradesh and its Overseas Manpower Consultancy to run a training school in the Asian country.

Gagan Global CEO Philip Gagan told WND a first batch of 200 Indian truck drivers has been recruited to attend the school in preparation for work in the U.S.

“We are recruiting Indian truck drivers,” Gagan confirmed to WND. “We are very demanding on our requirements to get into the school. The requirements are that you have to have five years of heavy driving experience on tractor-trailer trucks, you have to be HIV-negative, have a clean police record, verifiable references that the government in India can verify.”

Highly qualified? LOL.

But anyway, your post only serve to prove my point. Their market has now changed. Time to do something new, upskill and better yourself. I have a business degree (Accounting and Finance). I've been a plumber's mate, software developer, railway worker, insurance claims/loss adjuster, done carpentery formwork and now I'm back in insurance heading up a small team in a major global company. I'm also doing a part time diploma in quantity surveying. Don't matter what happens in the world or markets, I'll carve out a place for myself.

Those truck drivers' reality have changed. Are they going to spend the rest of their lives complaining about it or get back out there and do something new?

So far I'm only seeing excuses.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
The question to ask is if they are using them because they are cheap, or because they aren't getting enough qualified candidates.

I do know I hear a lot of commercials on the radio looking for truck drivers all of the time.

Um, yeah, the two things may be very closely connected.  I have at least a slight suspicion, lol.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
Um, yeah, the two things may be very closely connected.  I have at least a slight suspicion, lol.

It is certainly plausible.

JackScribber

• Getbig III

What I'm seeing happening is LIFE. And I see people not adapting to the change. Not grand words. Really simple if you think about it.

I suppose some people wish things can stay exactly the same so they don't have to go to the effort to change/better themselves.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Highly qualified? LOL.

But anyway, your post only serve to prove my point. Their market has now changed. Time to do something new, upskill and better yourself. I have a business degree (Accounting and Finance). I've been a plumber's mate, software developer, railway worker, insurance claims/loss adjuster, done carpentery formwork and now I'm back in insurance heading up a small team in a major global company. I'm also doing a part time diploma in quantity surveying. Don't matter what happens in the world or markets, I'll carve out a place for myself.

Those truck drivers' reality have changed. Are they going to spend the rest of their lives complaining about it or get back out there and do something new?

So far I'm only seeing excuses.

Why should they be forced to do that, exactly?