Author Topic: The Dallas Shooting  (Read 3909 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
The Dallas Shooting
« on: July 08, 2016, 07:56:17 AM »
The initial news conference last night from the chief of police was weird.  He seemed to want to share a lot of details while they still had an active shooter.   I wake up this morning and see they killed the guy with a bomb (how weird and convenient).  I can already imagine the CT's and connecting the dots on who really did this (I assume at least one theory will be that the Obama administration is behind it as a way to garner support to take away everyones guns)

As mass shootings go I don't see why this is such a big news story.   As far as mass shootings go this is pretty average.  Only 6 people were killed. And those 6 people were armed so there goes the theory that a good guy with a gun is the solution to a bad guy with a gun

Seriously though, if there is one thing I've learned from the right wingers on this board and in this country is that this kind of shit is going to happen.  There's basically nothing you can do about it.  Given the fact that only 6 people got killed I don't see why people are acting like it's such a big deal.

Just for some perspective, the Sandy Hook shooter killed 6 adults and 20 children.  How many were killed at Virginia Tech..30+

Let's face it.  This is an average to below average mass shooting by our standards.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: The Dallas Shooting
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 08:34:28 AM »
because in the eyes of many,

6 cops > 50 young people in a gay bar.

Sad but true for many of them.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 08:50:31 AM »
because in the eyes of many,

6 cops > 50 young people in a gay bar.

Sad but true for many of them.

since when do you speak for "the many"

BTW - I never mentioned the Pulse shooting

just saying as far as body counts go this one is nothing special

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 08:58:09 AM »
since when do you speak for "the many"

BTW - I never mentioned the Pulse shooting

just saying as far as body counts go this one is nothing special

cause some idiots assign more weight to certain bodies.

when a dude was shot dead by police, it's all "Look, he had weed charges, he deserved it".

Not saying you said it.  Mostly Trump/Palin supporters.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 09:04:23 AM »

cause some idiots assign more weight to certain bodies.

when a dude was shot dead by police, it's all "Look, he had weed charges, he deserved it".

Not saying you said it.  Mostly Trump/Palin supporters.

I'm not seeing anyone doing that yet but time will tell

maybe this is getting so much news because of all the real time video and the "sniper" factor

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2016, 09:11:27 AM »
I'm not seeing anyone doing that yet

read the main getbig thread.   read FR.   Oh yeah, it's a bigger deal to them, than 50 kids at Pulse, for sure.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2016, 09:25:23 AM »
read the main getbig thread.   read FR.   Oh yeah, it's a bigger deal to them, than 50 kids at Pulse, for sure.

again, why are you mentioning Pulse

what about the students at Sandy Hook and their teachers or the teachers and students at Virginia Tech

Anyone remember when a gunman killed 6 people at a Sikh Temple

You can google "shooting at" and then type any random letter and take your pick of a shooting event.

This is just a daily part of life in this country. 

nothing special

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2016, 10:32:06 AM »
This bs helping media draw attention away from Hilary bs.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2016, 12:07:18 PM »
This bs helping media draw attention away from Hilary bs.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2016, 02:32:45 PM »
The initial news conference last night from the chief of police was weird.  He seemed to want to share a lot of details while they still had an active shooter.   I wake up this morning and see they killed the guy with a bomb (how weird and convenient).  I can already imagine the CT's and connecting the dots on who really did this (I assume at least one theory will be that the Obama administration is behind it as a way to garner support to take away everyones guns)

As mass shootings go I don't see why this is such a big news story.   As far as mass shootings go this is pretty average.  Only 6 people were killed. And those 6 people were armed so there goes the theory that a good guy with a gun is the solution to a bad guy with a gun

Seriously though, if there is one thing I've learned from the right wingers on this board and in this country is that this kind of shit is going to happen.  There's basically nothing you can do about it.  Given the fact that only 6 people got killed I don't see why people are acting like it's such a big deal.

Just for some perspective, the Sandy Hook shooter killed 6 adults and 20 children.  How many were killed at Virginia Tech..30+

Let's face it.  This is an average to below average mass shooting by our standards.
I seriously hope this is a joke or just plain ignorance if not

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2016, 04:29:53 PM »
I seriously hope this is a joke or just plain ignorance if not

feel free to elaborate  

there is no question that, other than the fact it was a sniper in Dallas, there is nothing particularly noteworthy about this incident

6 killed and 5 wounded

run of the mill mass shooting event in this country by any standard

I guess the one exception would be that the bad guy with a gun was not killed by a good guy with a gun but rather by a robot with a bomb

that is noteworthy

perhaps we now all need to get ourselves a robot with a bomb

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2016, 07:51:20 PM »
It takes a lot of effort to be as clueless as straw.  This was another Obama voter on a rampage as a result of failed presidency and divisive politics of imam ayatollah Obama al baracki.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2016, 08:10:45 PM »
It takes a lot of effort to be as clueless as straw.  This was another Obama voter on a rampage as a result of failed presidency and divisive politics of imam ayatollah Obama al baracki.   

off your meds again

just another very average mass shooting

don't worry, there will surely be another one very soon and you'll forget all about this one

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2016, 09:34:22 PM »
Thank the Obama administration for inciting this fake narrative bullshit.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2016, 01:27:45 AM »

Let's face it.  This is an average to below average mass shooting by our standards.
The mass shooting of USA cops because they are cops is never a below average event. This has not happened before in the history of USA where blacks target and kill white cops with the help of certain US government officials including the president. Let's face it. Obama is partly responsible for the BLM movement. So is Clinton.

lilhawk1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2016, 07:36:24 AM »
More guns...We need more guns...what happened here?  Texas is an open carry state, there were hundreds of cops against one guy, and he ran loose for how many hours?  Sure seemed to me like this one guy had an entire police force pinned behind their cop cars hiding.  Wouldn't you think they could have surrounded him and killed him?  It was ONE guy, not 3-4 like they claimed.  Better training for cops maybe?  Hire more qualified people for the job?  They don't have any trouble killing people who are no threat to them as we saw last week, but when someone shoots back, sure seems like a different story.  Majority of cops I know couldn't handle anybody in a simple street fight....Weak, fat, out of shape...

Purge_WTF

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2016, 08:08:04 AM »
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/formally-recognize-black-lives-matter-terrorist-organization

I keep waiting for Mark "Shaggy" Potok and the SPLC to add them to The List. I should probably grab a Snickers.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2016, 08:17:30 AM »
The mass shooting of USA cops because they are cops is never a below average event. This has not happened before in the history of USA where blacks target and kill white cops with the help of certain US government officials including the president. Let's face it. Obama is partly responsible for the BLM movement. So is Clinton.

big deal

this time it just happened to be cops

next time it will be some other group

oddly, all the victims in this case happened to be armed

Any shooting is tragic but from reading the posts on this board after past shootings I've come to accept that this is just part of the American way of life as much as apple pie and baseball.  

It's always a tragedy when innocent people are murdered but at least the families of these victims were likely prepared for the possibility of them dying in the line of duty.

I don't think anyone is prepared to have their toddler turned into  30 pounds of hamburger meat when they drop him off at kindergarten in the morning

I have no doubt that people like you believe that Obama is responsible.  That dude is responsible for every bad thing that happens.  Even after he's no longer POTUS people like you will think he's responsible whenever something like this happens

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2016, 01:34:21 PM »
I get that it's cool to to say it's no big deal that a half dozen cops were mowed down by someone during a relatively peaceful protest against police brutality that the said cops were providing security for. I get that it's uber cool to downplay the fact it's cops. But since you don't get it I will try to explain what the majority think about it. Those that aren't as super cool as you. Cops are representative of those who protect and serve the public. They are the ones who are suppose to come running when we are in trouble. Like in that event when people were running away, and right so, the cops were converging on the scene, trying to figure out where the shots were coming from. Many people still see cops as the good guys, the ones that are supposed to be somewhat invulnerable. So for most of the country, it's rather shocking when 6 of them get shot down. If they can be killed so easily, what about us? So while I will certainly agree a cops life is no more valuable than the average citizen, both are a tragedy and should be mourned, there is just something extra shocking when it's a group of people that are supposed to be our protectors that get mowed down. That's why it seems to be a big deal on TV. You're just going to have to pardon our uncoolness 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2016, 04:59:10 PM »
I get that it's cool to to say it's no big deal that a half dozen cops were mowed down by someone during a relatively peaceful protest against police brutality that the said cops were providing security for. I get that it's uber cool to downplay the fact it's cops. But since you don't get it I will try to explain what the majority think about it. Those that aren't as super cool as you. Cops are representative of those who protect and serve the public. They are the ones who are suppose to come running when we are in trouble. Like in that event when people were running away, and right so, the cops were converging on the scene, trying to figure out where the shots were coming from. Many people still see cops as the good guys, the ones that are supposed to be somewhat invulnerable. So for most of the country, it's rather shocking when 6 of them get shot down. If they can be killed so easily, what about us? So while I will certainly agree a cops life is no more valuable than the average citizen, both are a tragedy and should be mourned, there is just something extra shocking when it's a group of people that are supposed to be our protectors that get mowed down. That's why it seems to be a big deal on TV. You're just going to have to pardon our uncoolness 

It's got nothing to the with being cool

The right wing in this country has convinced me that mass shootings are simply part of being free in America and at this point in our history 6 people getting shot is no longer shocking.   If we weren't shocked into doing something when 6 adults and 20 toddlers were murdered (many shot so many times they were almost impossible to even identify) then why should we be shocked about this.  Lets also stop with the hero worship of cops.  They are paid to do their job just like everyone else and I'm sure most of them would tell you that.   I'm not trying to make light of this situation but just pointing out that we do NOTHING in this country to stop this kind of violence (cue all the usual arguments why nothing can be  done) so let's stop pretending this something unusual just because the victims of this particular mass shooting happened to be armed police officers.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2016, 06:02:19 PM »

The right wing in this country has convinced me that mass shootings are simply part of being free in America and at this point in our history 6 people getting shot is no longer shocking.   If we weren't shocked into doing something when 6 adults and 20 toddlers were murdered (many shot so many times they were almost impossible to even identify) then why should we be shocked about this.  Lets also stop with the hero worship of cops.  They are paid to do their job just like everyone else and I'm sure most of them would tell you that.   I'm not trying to make light of this situation but just pointing out that we do NOTHING in this country to stop this kind of violence (cue all the usual arguments why nothing can be  done) so let's stop pretending this something unusual just because the victims of this particular mass shooting happened to be armed police officers.
Let's hear your solution. Without violating my rights as an American. :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2016, 07:18:04 PM »

The right wing in this country has convinced me that mass shootings are simply part of being free in America and at this point in our history 6 people getting shot is no longer shocking.   If we weren't shocked into doing something when 6 adults and 20 toddlers were murdered (many shot so many times they were almost impossible to even identify) then why should we be shocked about this.  Lets also stop with the hero worship of cops.  They are paid to do their job just like everyone else and I'm sure most of them would tell you that.   I'm not trying to make light of this situation but just pointing out that we do NOTHING in this country to stop this kind of violence (cue all the usual arguments why nothing can be  done) so let's stop pretending this something unusual just because the victims of this particular mass shooting happened to be armed police officers.

PWNED by the LIBERAL Clinton News Network

Study: Gun homicides, violence down sharply in past 20 years

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/08/us/study-gun-homicide/

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2016, 07:25:02 PM »
Let's hear your solution. Without violating my rights as an American. :)

Haven't I already said a couple of times in this thread that I've come to agree with your side that there is no solution

Mass shootings are part of this country and we all just have to accept that fact

In fact, mass shootings are now somewhat of an American tradition like apple pie and baseball

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2016, 07:32:31 PM »

PWNED by the LIBERAL Clinton News Network

Study: Gun homicides, violence down sharply in past 20 years

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/08/us/study-gun-homicide/

good to know

just proves there is no need to do anything and everyone can just stop whining when a gunman kills 20 school children and certainly STFU when only 6 people are killed.  They can just comfort themselves with the fact that gun violence is on the decline.