Author Topic: Rudy giuliani Absolutely Killing it at the RNC  (Read 5927 times)

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Rudy giuliani Absolutely Killing it at the RNC
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2016, 06:45:22 PM »
Every time I call Trump a dem plant, I am also reminding everyone her hubby is the one who called Trump and asked him to run ;)

And you can find mean things about her from me leading back to 2002 on getbig ;)   I dislike her greatly, she belongs in prison, etc.   

Must have been while playing golf. :D

He is not a professional politician and it's no shock he's making mistakes with his ego leading the way. Compared to the hag though he is the patron saint of NYC. 8) 

Christie is slaying it!

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2016, 07:13:24 PM »

AD2100

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2016, 07:26:08 PM »
Cross-dressing dego wop!

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2016, 07:34:33 PM »
Cross-dressing dego wop!

Says the disgruntled squeegeeman he exiled in the early 90s.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2016, 07:47:54 PM »

Stop exaggerating. I've lived in NYC my whole life and it was not as bad as you're making it seem. Not even close. Maybe in very isolated areas in NYC. But the norm? Not even close.

In the 1970s, the city was on the verge of bankruptcy and a huge amount of city services suffered from disinvestment, which also plagued the subways well into the 1980s. A recession began in 1969 that did not begin to lift until 1977, which negatively impacted many of the city’s industries (trucking had all but destroyed South Street Seaport, the fish markets and the freight railroads). A lot of people felt unsafe, and many folks left, sometimes leaving entire blocks of buildings abandoned.

Midway through the decade, New York State took over most of the city’s finances, and immediately those in charge fired 60,000 municipal employees, cut a quarter of teachers, put an end to free tuition at CUNY and marked a significant policy change whereby the private interests of the city trumped the public ones. This coincided with the aforementioned policy of disinvestment, prompting numerous strikes by the Sanitation Department, who at certain points refused to pick up trash at all, letting it rot on the streets for days, prompting the nickname “stink city.” By the middle of the decade, most of the fires in the city were arson, and there were yearly riots; some building owners paid teenagers to set their buildings on fire so they could collect the insurance money. The most famous riot, the 1977 Blackout, saw looting in 31 neighborhoods and caused over $300 million in damages in less than 25 hours, with more than 3,700 people arrested.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/1q81vv/was_new_york_of_the_1970s_the_shithole_movies/

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2016, 08:51:12 PM »
In the 1970s, the city was on the verge of bankruptcy and a huge amount of city services suffered from disinvestment, which also plagued the subways well into the 1980s. A recession began in 1969 that did not begin to lift until 1977, which negatively impacted many of the city’s industries (trucking had all but destroyed South Street Seaport, the fish markets and the freight railroads). A lot of people felt unsafe, and many folks left, sometimes leaving entire blocks of buildings abandoned.

Midway through the decade, New York State took over most of the city’s finances, and immediately those in charge fired 60,000 municipal employees, cut a quarter of teachers, put an end to free tuition at CUNY and marked a significant policy change whereby the private interests of the city trumped the public ones. This coincided with the aforementioned policy of disinvestment, prompting numerous strikes by the Sanitation Department, who at certain points refused to pick up trash at all, letting it rot on the streets for days, prompting the nickname “stink city.” By the middle of the decade, most of the fires in the city were arson, and there were yearly riots; some building owners paid teenagers to set their buildings on fire so they could collect the insurance money. The most famous riot, the 1977 Blackout, saw looting in 31 neighborhoods and caused over $300 million in damages in less than 25 hours, with more than 3,700 people arrested.

Italian hebrew THUGS, right?  Oh, the irony...

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/1q81vv/was_new_york_of_the_1970s_the_shithole_movies/

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2016, 09:04:23 PM »

Again, Thin Lizzy stated that if you walked down the block in NYC, EVERY car had a broken window and you could not walk down the street without being aggressively confronted by panhandlers. That is not the truth. I am not doubting that NYC was in a bad place. But I am doubting the extent to which Thin Lizzy is basically saying that you couldn't walk down the street without feeling safe. Again, he is greatly exaggerating. I used to walk around in all sorts of neighborhoods and was never attacked or mugged. My car was never broken into. Thin Lizzy is making it seem like NYC was a dystopian society at the time. It wasn't. Again, was it in a bad place? Yes. But if you read Thin Lizzy's original posts, he's making it seem like if you walked outside of your home, your head would be blown off and you'd be mugged. Um, no. I mean, he said that EVERY car had a broken window that was parked on the street lol. No.

X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2016, 09:05:25 PM »
It's totally inaccurate in this situation.  This isn't a guy getting caught cheating on his wife or something.  He's been front and center leading a divisive campaign.  Making a lot of bold statements and is on TV 24/7 for the last year plus.  This won't go away in "9 days".

You give the average political citizen too much credit.

Sorry, they will go away in 23 days. Here, I extended it for the people who are not obsessed with their iphones.
X

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2016, 07:10:14 AM »
You give the average political citizen too much credit.

Sorry, they will go away in 23 days. Here, I extended it for the people who are not obsessed with their iphones.

Midsummer no one is even watching this stuff except political junkies and shills.  Probably 80 percent of those who actually vote already have their minds made up.  The rest won't even know there is an election until after the Olympics.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2016, 07:35:54 AM »
Again, Thin Lizzy stated that if you walked down the block in NYC, EVERY car had a broken window and you could not walk down the street without being aggressively confronted by panhandlers. That is not the truth. I am not doubting that NYC was in a bad place. But I am doubting the extent to which Thin Lizzy is basically saying that you couldn't walk down the street without feeling safe. Again, he is greatly exaggerating. I used to walk around in all sorts of neighborhoods and was never attacked or mugged. My car was never broken into. Thin Lizzy is making it seem like NYC was a dystopian society at the time. It wasn't. Again, was it in a bad place? Yes. But if you read Thin Lizzy's original posts, he's making it seem like if you walked outside of your home, your head would be blown off and you'd be mugged. Um, no. I mean, he said that EVERY car had a broken window that was parked on the street lol. No.

You still haven't told us how old you are. I'm 52. My guess is that you were playing in a sandbox during the time I was talking about.

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2016, 11:41:28 AM »
Disappointed in Rudy.

Before he was riding the waves of 911's disaster into high priced, right wing nut speech engagements, he was out on the streets of NYC as a brave and triumphant Mayor during 911, wading through the ashes trying to help out fellow New Yorkers for free

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2016, 11:44:58 AM »
Could it be insincere flattery from Bill Clinton?  Remember, Trump had kind of thrown his hat into the mix before so maybe this was just a BS gesture from Bill thinking it would never amount to much.

Every time I call Trump a dem plant, I am also reminding everyone her hubby is the one who called Trump and asked him to run ;)

And you can find mean things about her from me leading back to 2002 on getbig ;)   I dislike her greatly, she belongs in prison, etc.   

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2016, 11:46:43 AM »
You still haven't told us how old you are. I'm 52. My guess is that you were playing in a sandbox during the time I was talking about.

I am younger than you, however, believe it or not, I actually know people who are older than you who live in NYC. Shocker, huh?  :o :o :o I mean, there are actually people who are still alive in NYC!!  :o :o And they said NYC was obviously worse than it is today, but not to the extent you are making it sound (EVERY car was broken into on the street).  ::) ::)
X

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2016, 12:26:25 PM »
Could it be insincere flattery from Bill Clinton?  Remember, Trump had kind of thrown his hat into the mix before so maybe this was just a BS gesture from Bill thinking it would never amount to much.

I dunno...  I had already posted the trump announce date 3 weeks before that.  It leaked he would decide and announce on that day.  It's on getbig lol. 

Trump = billionaire household name who is amazing on TV.  I doubt CLinton would want a legit threat from that.  On the other hand, if his golfing buddy said "ya know what, I'm gonna make a DEAL with you... I'll make sure hilary runs unopposed, and you -____"   I guess we find that out when Prez Hilary awards Trump Industries some monster contracts.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2016, 03:10:42 PM »

Documentary about New York in 1979, skip to the 37 minute mark.  Moving from safety to EXTREME Danger. I kid you not.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2016, 03:14:24 PM »
lol are those the Marcy projects in NY, the once Jay Z, Wu Tang and every other rapper rapped about

AD2100

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2016, 03:21:23 PM »
Says the disgruntled squeegeeman he exiled in the early 90s.
???
I am not your father. Sorry man.