Author Topic: How can i reach this goal?  (Read 2144 times)

ronald

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
How can i reach this goal?
« on: March 25, 2006, 10:13:41 PM »

I'm 22, I am 5'10 (close to 5'11) and I weight around 182. I am interested in weighting around 185 to 190 of muscle! that means with a BF% of no higher than 8%. I understand you can't get big, and cut at the sametime. But how much weight should i put on before I start cutting down to again. One dude told me I have to gain up to 240lbs!!! and than cut everything down. i need some help thanks..

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
Re: How can i reach this goal?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 02:42:06 AM »
What's you exact goal,

do you want to workout for life, and stay reasonable healthy and fit,
or do you want quick results. And by the way, 8% is very low. It' difficult to maintain that percentage.

The quick, not easy, quick way, is to get big fast and cut afterwards. You add a lot of muscle, and the biggest problem during cut is to maintain the muscle.
The other way, is to control your diet, and slowly add muscle. Cause it's not impossible to loose fat and add muscle, it needs a lot of dedication and a lot of time.

L.T.

• Getbig II
  • lift big
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 07:40:37 AM »
you should never lose site of your abs when bulking, sure they wont be as visable but you should still see the out line, any more then that and you are just eating way to many calories. so no higher then 12-14%

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 08:14:56 AM »
Bulking and cutting is a fools game. By the time one does all this their net gain is (hopefully) a mere couple of pounds of muscle.
   Simply put........do not be in a hurry. Anyone can eat the fridge and train like a savage and get big. If you really want a great build with a herculean look then do everything with a barbell. Do nothing else in the way of weights. Perform squats deadlifts barbell rows bench and standing curls, lying french presses or close grip bench for the tri's. Seriously do not waste time doing anything else for at least 3 months.
   Whilst doing all that eat a ton of chicken, fish(tuna), potatoes/brown rice,veggies and fruit. Drink nonfat milk by the gallon and water to boot. Take a multi vit each night. Get at least 8 hours sleep every night. No booze or tobacco of anykind.
   Visualize what you wish to look like in 6 months and do so with a resonable and attainable goal.
   Ladders are easy to climb if you take 'em one rung at a time.
h

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 12:13:41 PM »
Eric2 speaks mucho truth-o. Heavy basic workouts, lots of good food.

Sometimes the hardest part is just eating the zillion grams of protein required.  A good powder helps out there.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 09:02:31 AM »
Bulking and cutting is a fools game. By the time one does all this their net gain is (hopefully) a mere couple of pounds of muscle.
   Simply put........do not be in a hurry. Anyone can eat the fridge and train like a savage and get big. If you really want a great build with a herculean look then do everything with a barbell. Do nothing else in the way of weights. Perform squats deadlifts barbell rows bench and standing curls, lying french presses or close grip bench for the tri's. Seriously do not waste time doing anything else for at least 3 months.
   Whilst doing all that eat a ton of chicken, fish(tuna), potatoes/brown rice,veggies and fruit. Drink nonfat milk by the gallon and water to boot. Take a multi vit each night. Get at least 8 hours sleep every night. No booze or tobacco of anykind.
   Visualize what you wish to look like in 6 months and do so with a resonable and attainable goal.

thats the smartest thing i have read here in a long time.

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 04:53:08 PM »
thats the smartest thing i have read here in a long time.

best thing i've ever read in this forum!

homer77

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2006, 07:52:06 AM »
was smart
bulking and cutting are attainable at the same time. 
I added 10lbs to my frame while dieting for the 2004 usa's
it took a very focused diet and am cardio sessions
getting fat in the offseason is an excuse for being lazy.
im not saying I dont add a few fat pounds, but i still have abs at 270

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2006, 09:01:58 AM »
Geez, I barely have abs at my current 218!  Abs at 270 is awesome.

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2006, 10:37:17 AM »
I have abs at almost 240 not super deep cuts but you can see them. The trick is enough good quality calories no sweets.  I give myself one cheat day a week and can go crazy.  It also depends on your body everyones is different.  Keeping your diet clean is the key

jpeso

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2006, 12:36:47 PM »

Nice post bro.  Most people think bulking means going from 2000 calories to 5000 calories, primarily via Burger King and McD's.  This should be stickied for all the newbs!

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2006, 02:55:26 PM »
Yep so many just starting out make the mistake of eating every thing they want WRONG.  Eat clean but all good food.  Add some protein shakes in daily nothing fancy just the cheapest whey protein you can find that is reputable.  Ill take about 3-4 50 gram servings a day between meals and before bed.