Author Topic: Ronnie's Arms HOLY SHIT  (Read 25996 times)

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Ronnie's Arms HOLY SHIT
« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2016, 07:31:40 AM »
That relationship has some strange dynamics. I'd love to be a fly on the wall for a day or two to see what these guys do and talk about.

Maybe they don't talk, ever!

If you'd be a fly on the wall maybe you'd hear things like

"Yip Yip"

"BOOM"

"yeah buddy!"

"light weight"

"nuttin' but a peanut"

at least once a day
Q

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2016, 07:43:29 AM »
The return of Coleman:

"Ain't nuttin' but a hernia!"

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2016, 07:57:24 AM »
You nearing 50 too, huh ?
 ;D
Just think LEVRONE !

Well, yeah but Levrone without a doubt is 0,1 % genetic elite.

OB1

• Getbig IV
  • "Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2016, 10:38:39 AM »
This is called a cowardly loser life we only live once and instead of going after your dreams and doing whatever it takes like ronnie did you will sit on the couch and die doing nothing because you are afraid of your health and guess what no matter how much you watch your health you are still going to get sick and die.

Exactly.
Ronnie did the right thing.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

― Hunter S. Thompson, The Proud Highway: Saga of a Desperate Southern Gentleman, 1955-1967
©

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2016, 02:30:09 PM »
Exactly.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

― Hunter S. Thompson, The Proud Highway: Saga of a Desperate Southern Gentleman, 1955-1967

Ronnie did the right thing for him however he's not the only one living with the consequences , his actions affect others close to him. He says it was all worth it , bravado or stupidity? depends who you talk to.

And I'll decide what " life " should be for me not some quote from a guy who killed himself.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2016, 03:20:48 PM »
Well, yeah but Levrone without a doubt is 0,1 % genetic elite.
ah well you are too !  Don't doubt your ancestry !

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2016, 03:38:41 PM »

The key is Dorian admits to his aches and pains/injuries and stopped training like a crazy man. Ronnie could not let it go.  He even broke one of the screws from the second lumbar fusion requiring a third.

This is Dorian in March staying lean.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2016, 03:44:18 PM »

This is Dorian in March staying lean.

Look at that fuggin noggin

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2016, 03:45:57 PM »
^^^^
It's much better just to take it easy when you get over a certain age, you should still lift but not super heavy, human joints aren't meant for that abuse as we age.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2016, 03:55:05 PM »
Wow , just fucking wow  :-\

Once his calling card now just nothing , how the mighty have fallen  :(

do you have any idea how many surgeries he has had? Not to mention the related health problems. Give the man a break.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2016, 05:48:12 PM »
Serious Question...

Would any of you here live like a king from age 34 - 47
including 8 sandows..
Debateably the GOAT..History/Legacy
but spend from 50-80
mostly immobile and a shadow of what you were.
Or
Be the somewhat normal guy most of us are

ANYONE? A simple Yes will suffice.

Yes.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2016, 05:53:49 PM »
do you have any idea how many surgeries he has had? Not to mention the related health problems. Give the man a break.

Did you read this? Ronnie could not let it go.  He even broke one of the screws from the second lumbar fusion requiring a third. Ronnie is NOT a victim of circumstances , he's a victim of stupidity.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: August 29, 2016, 05:57:25 PM »
This is called a cowardly loser life we only live once and instead of going after your dreams and doing whatever it takes like ronnie did you will sit on the couch and die doing nothing because you are afraid of your health and guess what no matter how much you watch your health you are still going to get sick and die.

Exactly. Is the purpose in life to be as healthy and safe as possible and to occupy this planet as long as you can?

I can't think of any endeavor in life taken to it's highest level that is good for you health.

BTW, I don't think normal people that just want to live a long comfortable life cowards. They are simply normal. The high achievers, the one's who made a difference in this world and will be remembered, are the exception. To be number one in the world is by definition not normal. You are one out of the billions on this planet.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: August 29, 2016, 06:15:55 PM »
Omg what do you expect???? He's retired and a supplement company owner
He's a freaking business man now
He looks fine! Fuck off pig fuckers!!!!

LOL! They see a pic of Ronnie in a wheel chair after getting out of the hospital and now think he's a paraplegic. Fact is that he's still traveling the world, making money; always happy, jovial and up beat, living a much more fulfilling life than most of the nothings on this board.

They're talking and obsessing about Ronnie, worry about things like his arm size, whereas he has no idea and doesn't give a shit who they are. He's too busy living life.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: August 29, 2016, 06:31:37 PM »
LOL! They see a pic of Ronnie in a wheel chair after getting out of the hospital and now think he's a paraplegic. Fact is that he's still traveling the world, making money; always happy, jovial and up beat, living a much more fulfilling life than most of the nothings on this board.

They're talking and obsessing about Ronnie, worry about things like his arm size, whereas he has no idea and doesn't give a shit who they are. He's too busy living life.

LMAO stop trying to ride Ronnie's coat-tails You're a fucking " nothing " just like the rest of us on this board. You think because you stick a needle in your ass you're a LION like Ronnie? LMFAO you're a one of the kitty cats meowing thinking they're roaring trying to live vicariously through Ronnie.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: August 29, 2016, 11:08:19 PM »
LMAO stop trying to ride Ronnie's coat-tails You're a fucking " nothing " just like the rest of us on this board. You think because you stick a needle in your ass you're a LION like Ronnie? LMFAO you're a one of the kitty cats meowing thinking they're roaring trying to live vicariously through Ronnie.

Here we go. Disagreeing with a view point is "riding his coat tails". Can you point out exactly how I benefit personally from defending Ronnie? (You will not answer this question because you can't). 

Yes, I haven't achieved greatness just like you haven't. We won't make the history books. Difference is that I admire, encourage, celebrate and appreciate those that have risen above the pack and tried to make a mark in life. You celebrate mediocrity.

If everyone was like you we would still be living in the stone age and never would have advanced.

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
  • PALUMBOISM DESTROYED BODYBUILDING!
« Reply #91 on: August 29, 2016, 11:26:42 PM »
Retired, 300+ pds with abs and 24'' arms, happy and healthy 8)

Last time I heard the same words from a GetBigger was for praising Nasser !!!  :-X

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2016, 03:00:43 AM »
Exactly. Is the purpose in life to be as healthy and safe as possible and to occupy this planet as long as you can?

I can't think of any endeavor in life taken to it's highest level that is good for you health.

BTW, I don't think normal people that just want to live a long comfortable life cowards. They are simply normal. The high achievers, the one's who made a difference in this world and will be remembered, are the exception. To be number one in the world is by definition not normal. You are one out of the billions on this planet.

Being a pro bber winning 8 Olympias isn't a goal of mine, have no desire to have a physique even if I could attend Ronnie status

Now if I was given the status of billionaire or multimillionaire, traveling the world, meeting different people, experiencing different kinds of food/wine/beer, making a difference in future generations, then yes  :D

Simple Simon

« Reply #93 on: August 30, 2016, 04:14:33 AM »

lol, go out and ask people on the street how many Olympias Ronnie Coleman won.
No one knows who he is outside the weird subculture that is bodybuilding.

Charles Manson was one of billions who acquired fame and notoriety.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2016, 04:24:03 AM »
Here we go. Disagreeing with a view point is "riding his coat tails". Can you point out exactly how I benefit personally from defending Ronnie? (You will not answer this question because you can't). 

Yes, I haven't achieved greatness just like you haven't. We won't make the history books. Difference is that I admire, encourage, celebrate and appreciate those that have risen above the pack and tried to make a mark in life. You celebrate mediocrity.

If everyone was like you we would still be living in the stone age and never would have advanced.

No your blind hero-worship of Ronnie and his actions is riding his coat tails , you sticking a needle in your ass in some vain attempt to be like Ronnie is riding his coat tails. You benefit personally from defending Ronnie because you think somehow you're kindred spirits in the " Iron Game " the last of a dying breed " Brothers in Iron " and us little people aren't built like you and the HARDCORE we don't have the intestinal fortitude to do what you guys do  ::) You're a cliche and Ronnie is a cripple congrats you're in great company

Greatness is relative , you don't know what I've achieved was I the best at a chosen sport? No. And you're wrong , I don't celebrate mediocrity, I'm a huge fan of Lee Haney he accomplished the same as Ronnie and moved on with his life , Ronnie is getting surgery and still driving himself into the ground. Steve Reeves is another bodybuilder who I admire and celebrate , these gentlemen have earned respect and proven themselves to be exceptional humans. 

Oh the irony of this statement , says the believer in God stuck in the Bronze age with all of their myths and fears and prejudices. It was people like ME that advanced society while people like you repress it in the name of your imaginary sky father.

Tha Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #95 on: August 30, 2016, 04:25:00 AM »
Did you read this? Ronnie could not let it go.  He even broke one of the screws from the second lumbar fusion requiring a third. Ronnie is NOT a victim of circumstances , he's a victim of stupidity.

This is it. He should have trained lighter and maybe a little slower but still to failure, but he just kept going heavy. Lifting heavy feels great but if it's time to back off it's fucking time.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2016, 04:50:22 AM »
People that defend Ronnie act as though it was an absolute necessity that he train so heavy in order to succeed.  Not to mention defending Ronnie's nonsensical insistence of continuing on that path subsequent to retirement and in spite of his surgeries and health maladies.  It's supposed to be bodybuilding, remember?  His actions are the antithesis of bodybuilding and a sign of mental illness.  Lee Haney has 8 titles and I don't see him in a wheel chair.  In fact, no other Mr. Olympia is a mangled mess like Ronnie.  Take away Ronnie's opiates for a day and see if he regrets his decisions or not. 

ARNIE1947

• Getbig IV
« Reply #97 on: August 30, 2016, 05:26:38 AM »
 :)

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: August 30, 2016, 06:20:22 AM »
Exactly.

Tell that to people who cannot live a normal life due to pain and the mind blurring pain meds. With time they won't even remember the "great" hazardous life they had.
    After retirement Ronnie was in decent shape, had a somewhat functional body. Due to his obcession with crazy loads he has a miserable life now, who cares how wealthy he is.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #99 on: August 30, 2016, 06:28:24 AM »