Author Topic: Kaepernick will sit through anthem until there's change  (Read 58881 times)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Re: Kaepernick will sit through anthem until there's change
« Reply #275 on: September 28, 2016, 08:18:02 PM »
Trayvon Martin deserved it when he decided to attack Zimmerman and then proceed to beat him while he was on top of him.  Defending yourself with a firearm is what you are supposed to do in situations like that.  No idea how anyone could pretzel themself into an alternate explanation.

Absolutely.  And I have no doubt that Zimmerman had that exact hedge in mind, which is one thing that makes his claim completely unbelievable.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #276 on: September 28, 2016, 08:23:36 PM »
Even the Gardner case would have been better example to use than Brown's.  The fact Brown seems to have been chosen is just one more reason to believe someone is trying to short-circuit the movement.

Garner was the guy's name.  Eric Garner.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #277 on: September 28, 2016, 09:28:59 PM »

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WLS) --
A photo of San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick's jersey sparked a debate about free speech over the weekend.

James Perry, of Virginia Beach, Va., posted the photo to Facebook on Saturday. He said when he walked into Krossroads Rock and Country Bar, he saw Kaepernick's jersey taped to the floor, like a doormat.

Perry was angered by what he saw. In his post, he said, "Would we be wrong to (tape) a police officer uniform to an entrance of an establishment? This young man is exercising his constitutional right and is being villianize for it."

Kaepernick has chosen to kneel during the playing of the national anthem at NFL games, in protest of the racial injustice he sees in America.

Perry said taping Kaepernick's jersey to the floor was a "racist" and disgusting act, which other NFL players were not subjected to, even though they were accused of criminal acts.

"Didn't hit his wife, didn't rape nobody, didn't get caught abusing drugs or get charged and cleared for murdering two people and did not shoot any unarmed citizens. But yet, his jersey is being used as a foot mat," Perry wrote.

"He's just been villainized and ostracized and being disrespected to the utmost, where his jersey is taped to the front entrance of a public establishment. What if this was a soldier's uniform taped to the floor? Or a police officer's uniform taped to the floor? It'd be a riot. And I was really outraged by that," Perry told ABC7 Eyewitness News.

Perry's post has been shared nearly 5,400 times.

The jersey was reportedly removed from the floor as of Monday afternoon.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/kaepernick-jersey-taped-to-restaurant-floor/1527261/

https://www.facebook.com/james.perry.12576?fref=nf

:

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
« Reply #278 on: September 29, 2016, 02:01:56 AM »
"Black people in the USA are oppressed"  

68% of the NFL is black on huge contracts.

Yes, very oppressed  ::)

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
« Reply #279 on: September 29, 2016, 05:48:12 PM »
Isn't the bar owner entitled to free speech as much as Kapernick? If Kapernick can take a knee and liberals can burn the US flag, why can't he make the jersey a doormat?

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #280 on: September 29, 2016, 05:59:52 PM »
Yes, the bar owner is entitled to free speech.

I'm confused as to why they would do things to a guy who is kneeling and for some reason, didn't do all of this to people who were charged with sexual assault or killed other people... Dog fighting?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #281 on: October 11, 2016, 12:28:27 PM »
Ruth Bader Ginsburg says national anthem protests are 'really dumb'
Nick Wagoner
ESPN Staff Writer

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is not a believer in protesting by sitting or kneeling during the national anthem.

Speaking to Yahoo! on Monday morning, Ginsburg had some harsh words for San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick and other players who have decided to kneel during the national anthem in protest of racial inequality.

"I think it's really dumb of them," Ginsburg said. "Would I arrest them for doing it? No. I think it's dumb and disrespectful. I would have the same answer if you asked me about flag burning. I think it's a terrible thing to do, but I wouldn't lock a person up for doing it.

"I would point out how ridiculous it seems to me to do such an act. But it's dangerous to arrest people for conduct that doesn't jeopardize the health or well-being of other people. It's a symbol they're engaged in."

Kaepernick began his protest in August by sitting during the national anthem before the first three preseason games. After a meeting with Army Green Beret Nate Boyer, Kaepernick decided to kneel in an effort to make the protest more respectful.

Safety Eric Reid joined Kaepernick then and linebacker Eli Harold has also begun kneeling in the past few weeks. Other NFL players have also joined in kneeling or by raising their right fists during the playing of "The Star-Spangled Banner."

Kaepernick repeatedly has said that he respects the military but he's trying to use his platform to speak up for those who "don't have a voice" and send a message that substantive change needs to take place in order to quell racial oppression in the United States.

"It came from America and seeing the things that we do here and how we treat people and the oppression and injustices that go on," Kaepernick said in late September. "It's something I've seen for a long time, it's something I have studied up on and it's something that needs to be addressed because it's affecting thousands, if not millions, of lives."

Kaepernick has also committed to donating $1 million to communities in need by offering $100,000 each week during the first 10 weeks of the season. Kaepernick also has said he will donate profits from the sales of his No. 7 jersey to those same causes.

Ginsburg, 83, told Yahoo! she didn't feel Kaepernick and other players should be punished for their protests but made it clear that she would disagree with their stance.

"If they want to be stupid, there's no law that should be preventive," Ginsburg said. "If they want to be arrogant, there's no law that prevents them from that. What I would do is strongly take issue with the point of view that they are expressing when they do that."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17763208/ruth-bader-ginsburg-supreme-court-justice-says-colin-kaepernick-national-anthem-protests-really-dumb

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #282 on: October 11, 2016, 12:32:01 PM »
This is the right call.  Blaine Gabbert stinks.

49ers bench Blaine Gabbert, will start Colin Kaepernick at QB
Nick Wagoner
ESPN Staff Writer

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- After five weeks of watching quarterback Blaine Gabbert struggle, San Francisco 49ers coach Chip Kelly is making a change.

After weeks of speculation, Kelly on Tuesday named Colin Kaepernick his starting quarterback for Sunday's game against Buffalo.

"Just to announce, we're going to make a move at quarterback and we're going to start Colin this week and give him an opportunity to run with the ones," Kelly said. "I believe you've got to do it at the beginning of the week just because of how reps are distributed."

After meeting with the coaching staff and discussing possible solutions for the Niners' 31st ranked offense (in yards per game), Kelly said the group came to the conclusion that one of the only moves it could make to potentially jumpstart the offense was to make a change at quarterback.

"We were very analytical and sat down as a staff and watched the tape, went over everything," Kelly said. "We had a couple days to kind of digest where we are and I think offensively we need to be better and we just need to make a move. And it's really not, it's not Blaine's fault. I think it's just as a group offensively we need to be better in a lot of ways so we're going to see what we can do and make a move here. It's really one of the only maneuvers we can make based on our depth."

According to Kelly, because Kaepernick and Gabbert have similar traits, the offense won't need to change much other than the way the reps are split in practice. Previously, it had been Gabbert taking about 75 percent of the work with the first team while Kaepernick handled the other 25 percent. Now, those roles will be reversed.

Kelly informed Kaepernick and Gabbert of the decision and said both were "professional" in handling the news. According to Kelly, Kaepernick offered a simple two-word response of "Let's go" upon being told of the decision.

Sunday's game will mark Kaepernick's first start since Nov. 1 of last year, a 27-6 loss to the Rams. Kaepernick played briefly the following week before shutting it down for the season because of a shoulder injury.

That shoulder injury turned into a harbinger of things to come as Kaepernick underwent a series of surgeries to his thumb and knee in addition to the shoulder. The recovery from those ailments left Kaepernick unable to lift weights and, combined with his decision to become vegan, Kaepernick lost considerable weight, though he declined to say exactly how much.

When Kaepernick returned to the fold in the preseason, he made it through the first couple of weeks of training camp before right-shoulder fatigue forced him to miss the first three preseason games. He played in the final preseason contest against San Diego and handed the ball off three times in the Niners' season-opening win against the Rams.

Throughout the preseason and the early part of this season, Kelly often deflected questions about changing quarterbacks, citing Kaepernick's physical condition as preventing him from playing his best football.

At his peak in 2012 and 2013, Kaepernick weighed about 225 pounds; the type of condition Kelly says allowed him to play well. Last week, Kelly said he wasn't sure Kaepernick's exact weight now but said he's hovering around 215 pounds.

Colin Kaepernick is getting the chance to start at quarterback again after Blaine Gabbert struggled in the 49ers' first five games. AP Photo/Tony Avelar

"We have gone over this ad nauseam," Kelly said. "He's not the same guy he was in 2013, just look at him physically. That's the point I tried to make when people brought that up. He's worked extremely hard on his rehab. We were talking about a guy that missed the offseason because of the injuries and that's the only point I ever tried to make about it."

Kelly made it clear he wasn't so much putting a weight requirement on Kaepernick -- who remained the backup to Gabbert the first five weeks -- as he was hoping to see Kaepernick get back to the peak physical condition that allowed for so much success earlier in his career.

Kelly said Tuesday that Kaepernick has gotten stronger since he initially picked Gabbert as the starter in August.

"When I made the decision on our starting quarterback it was over five weeks ago, we're talking six weeks of rehab," Kelly said. "He also missed two weeks of preseason camp so based upon the time that we had him in preseason camp, he wasn't ready from a physical or mental standpoint in terms of where we were to start the season and that's when we made the decision. We're in Week 6 now of the National Football league. We were talking about that decision after the San Diego Charger game so that was over six weeks ago."

Gabbert started each of the first five games and after a solid outing against the Los Angeles Rams in Week 1, struggled to produce. In four consecutive 49ers' losses, Gabbert has struggled mightily.

For the season, Gabbert ranks 30th in the NFL in passer rating (69.6) among qualified players, is tied for fifth-most in interceptions (six), 26th in completion percentage (58 percent) and 31st in yards per attempt (5.93).

While the Niners pondered the change, some wondered if Kaepernick's contract was preventing Kelly from making the change. Under his current deal, Kaepernick would be guaranteed his $14.5 million base salary next year if he were unable to pass a physical on April 1, 2017.

Although there have been reports of Kaepernick potentially agreeing to an adjusted contract to clear the way for him to start, Kelly said his decision had nothing to do with that.

"I don't deal with contracts," Kelly said. "It's got nothing to do with his contract. It's a football decision. I don't even know where his contract status is. That's a good question for him but I've never discussed his contract nor will I discuss his contract."

Kelly also brushed aside any concern that Kaepernick's protest of racial oppression and inequality in the United States by kneeling during the national anthem will become more of a distraction now that he's starting.

"No and I think we've answered that question ad nauseam as much as the weight question that we've answered is that it has not been an issue and I think because of how Colin has handled it," Kelly said. "He handled it very straight forward with our players when it first came about way back when in August, and it hasn't been an issue since then, so I don't see it changing from that standpoint."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17771490/san-francisco-49ers-start-colin-kaepernick-quarterback-buffalo-bills

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #283 on: October 12, 2016, 01:40:47 AM »
Is the game in Buffalo?

Rex should make 'em play the anthem every time Niners have the ball...

Lots of kneel downs in that  :P

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #284 on: October 12, 2016, 06:41:15 AM »
This is the right call.  Blaine Gabbert stinks.

49ers bench Blaine Gabbert, will start Colin Kaepernick at QB
Nick Wagoner
ESPN Staff Writer

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- After five weeks of watching quarterback Blaine Gabbert struggle, San Francisco 49ers coach Chip Kelly is making a change.

After weeks of speculation, Kelly on Tuesday named Colin Kaepernick his starting quarterback for Sunday's game against Buffalo.

"Just to announce, we're going to make a move at quarterback and we're going to start Colin this week and give him an opportunity to run with the ones," Kelly said. "I believe you've got to do it at the beginning of the week just because of how reps are distributed."

After meeting with the coaching staff and discussing possible solutions for the Niners' 31st ranked offense (in yards per game), Kelly said the group came to the conclusion that one of the only moves it could make to potentially jumpstart the offense was to make a change at quarterback.

"We were very analytical and sat down as a staff and watched the tape, went over everything," Kelly said. "We had a couple days to kind of digest where we are and I think offensively we need to be better and we just need to make a move. And it's really not, it's not Blaine's fault. I think it's just as a group offensively we need to be better in a lot of ways so we're going to see what we can do and make a move here. It's really one of the only maneuvers we can make based on our depth."

According to Kelly, because Kaepernick and Gabbert have similar traits, the offense won't need to change much other than the way the reps are split in practice. Previously, it had been Gabbert taking about 75 percent of the work with the first team while Kaepernick handled the other 25 percent. Now, those roles will be reversed.

Kelly informed Kaepernick and Gabbert of the decision and said both were "professional" in handling the news. According to Kelly, Kaepernick offered a simple two-word response of "Let's go" upon being told of the decision.

Sunday's game will mark Kaepernick's first start since Nov. 1 of last year, a 27-6 loss to the Rams. Kaepernick played briefly the following week before shutting it down for the season because of a shoulder injury.

That shoulder injury turned into a harbinger of things to come as Kaepernick underwent a series of surgeries to his thumb and knee in addition to the shoulder. The recovery from those ailments left Kaepernick unable to lift weights and, combined with his decision to become vegan, Kaepernick lost considerable weight, though he declined to say exactly how much.

When Kaepernick returned to the fold in the preseason, he made it through the first couple of weeks of training camp before right-shoulder fatigue forced him to miss the first three preseason games. He played in the final preseason contest against San Diego and handed the ball off three times in the Niners' season-opening win against the Rams.

Throughout the preseason and the early part of this season, Kelly often deflected questions about changing quarterbacks, citing Kaepernick's physical condition as preventing him from playing his best football.

At his peak in 2012 and 2013, Kaepernick weighed about 225 pounds; the type of condition Kelly says allowed him to play well. Last week, Kelly said he wasn't sure Kaepernick's exact weight now but said he's hovering around 215 pounds.

Colin Kaepernick is getting the chance to start at quarterback again after Blaine Gabbert struggled in the 49ers' first five games. AP Photo/Tony Avelar

"We have gone over this ad nauseam," Kelly said. "He's not the same guy he was in 2013, just look at him physically. That's the point I tried to make when people brought that up. He's worked extremely hard on his rehab. We were talking about a guy that missed the offseason because of the injuries and that's the only point I ever tried to make about it."

Kelly made it clear he wasn't so much putting a weight requirement on Kaepernick -- who remained the backup to Gabbert the first five weeks -- as he was hoping to see Kaepernick get back to the peak physical condition that allowed for so much success earlier in his career.

Kelly said Tuesday that Kaepernick has gotten stronger since he initially picked Gabbert as the starter in August.

"When I made the decision on our starting quarterback it was over five weeks ago, we're talking six weeks of rehab," Kelly said. "He also missed two weeks of preseason camp so based upon the time that we had him in preseason camp, he wasn't ready from a physical or mental standpoint in terms of where we were to start the season and that's when we made the decision. We're in Week 6 now of the National Football league. We were talking about that decision after the San Diego Charger game so that was over six weeks ago."

Gabbert started each of the first five games and after a solid outing against the Los Angeles Rams in Week 1, struggled to produce. In four consecutive 49ers' losses, Gabbert has struggled mightily.

For the season, Gabbert ranks 30th in the NFL in passer rating (69.6) among qualified players, is tied for fifth-most in interceptions (six), 26th in completion percentage (58 percent) and 31st in yards per attempt (5.93).

While the Niners pondered the change, some wondered if Kaepernick's contract was preventing Kelly from making the change. Under his current deal, Kaepernick would be guaranteed his $14.5 million base salary next year if he were unable to pass a physical on April 1, 2017.

Although there have been reports of Kaepernick potentially agreeing to an adjusted contract to clear the way for him to start, Kelly said his decision had nothing to do with that.

"I don't deal with contracts," Kelly said. "It's got nothing to do with his contract. It's a football decision. I don't even know where his contract status is. That's a good question for him but I've never discussed his contract nor will I discuss his contract."

Kelly also brushed aside any concern that Kaepernick's protest of racial oppression and inequality in the United States by kneeling during the national anthem will become more of a distraction now that he's starting.

"No and I think we've answered that question ad nauseam as much as the weight question that we've answered is that it has not been an issue and I think because of how Colin has handled it," Kelly said. "He handled it very straight forward with our players when it first came about way back when in August, and it hasn't been an issue since then, so I don't see it changing from that standpoint."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17771490/san-francisco-49ers-start-colin-kaepernick-quarterback-buffalo-bills

Doesnt have a whole ton of help. Like the RB there Hyde... But their offense sucks because they dont have good players. Blaine Gabbert doesnt walk on water. Torry Smith is 49ers best wide out. Thats bad.
Kap is gonna stink it up worse. Maybe he can run.  but their offensive weapons are just bad

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #285 on: October 13, 2016, 03:26:05 PM »
Doesnt have a whole ton of help. Like the RB there Hyde... But their offense sucks because they dont have good players. Blaine Gabbert doesnt walk on water. Torry Smith is 49ers best wide out. Thats bad.
Kap is gonna stink it up worse. Maybe he can run.  but their offensive weapons are just bad

Hyde is a beast.  They don't have great players, but they have good enough players to at least move the ball and score.  Gabbert stinks.  I've seen enough.  He isn't going to get better.  He can run, but he misses open WRs by five or ten yards.  Leaves points on the field.  Turns the ball over. 

Torry Smith has been invisible all season.  The kid they picked up right before the season has been their best WR.

Really disappointed in their D, but the loss of so many good and great players caught up to them. 

tatoo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #286 on: October 13, 2016, 03:32:49 PM »
Hyde is a beast.  They don't have great players, but they have good enough players to at least move the ball and score.  Gabbert stinks.  I've seen enough.  He isn't going to get better.  He can run, but he misses open WRs by five or ten yards.  Leaves points on the field.  Turns the ball over. 

Torry Smith has been invisible all season.  The kid they picked up right before the season has been their best WR.

Really disappointed in their D, but the loss of so many good and great players caught up to them. 

ill be booing him in person this week.... I like sf+9 tho..

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #287 on: October 13, 2016, 03:54:00 PM »

ill be booing him in person this week.... I like sf+9 tho..

Nice.  I'd boo his disrespectful kneeling and that goofy afro, but otherwise I'll be rooting for him and my team. 

No way would I take SF + 9 on the road.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #288 on: October 13, 2016, 04:00:20 PM »
He did call-out Hillary for the email, which sort of goes against any theme someone might accuse him of trying to cast.  I take back calling him stupid, too.  He puts on a stupid act, sometimes, but he does alright for the most part.

tatoo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #289 on: October 13, 2016, 04:28:53 PM »
Nice.  I'd boo his disrespectful kneeling and that goofy afro, but otherwise I'll be rooting for him and my team. 

No way would I take SF + 9 on the road.

the bills blow these games... they suck covering as big favorites.. covered the last 3 games too.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #290 on: October 13, 2016, 04:31:39 PM »
the bills blow these games... they suck covering as big favorites.. covered the last 3 games too.

I hope you're right.  If you are within earshot, please tell Kaepernick to get a friggin haircut. 

tatoo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #291 on: October 13, 2016, 04:49:47 PM »
I hope you're right.  If you are within earshot, please tell Kaepernick to get a friggin haircut. 

will do.. I'm sure he will catch hell up here in buf... fans are fuckin nuts!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #292 on: October 13, 2016, 04:58:20 PM »
will do.. I'm sure he will catch hell up here in buf... fans are fuckin nuts!!

Good.  Just leave him in one piece so he can help turn my sorry Niners season around. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #293 on: October 14, 2016, 06:44:44 AM »

Losing Navarro hurt. Brooks has lost a step.
They used to be my fave 34 defense to watch.. ballers everywhere
Willis, bowman, brooks, Smith, smith..Hitner... golston... that was just nasty

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #294 on: October 14, 2016, 12:34:34 PM »
Losing Navarro hurt. Brooks has lost a step.
They used to be my fave 34 defense to watch.. ballers everywhere
Willis, bowman, brooks, Smith, smith..Hitner... golston... that was just nasty

They had a really impressive streak of not allowing a 100 yard rusher.  Forget how many games, but they had one of the best run Ds in the league for years.  Now they are getting run over. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #295 on: October 14, 2016, 01:40:07 PM »
Colin Kaepernick: The Flag Is Just A Piece Of Cloth
Daily Caller ^ | October 13, 2016 | David Hookstead

San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick believes that the flag of the United States is nothing more than simply a piece of cloth.

"At the end of the day the flag is just a piece of cloth and I am not going to value a piece of cloth over people's lives. That's just not something I can do, it's not something I feel morally right doing and my character won't allow me to do that," Kaepernick told reporters.

(Excerpt) Read more at dailycaller.com ...

________________________ _________

He is an idiot

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #296 on: October 15, 2016, 06:40:54 AM »
What an ungrateful wanker, his home country (USA) gave him all the opportunities to be where he is today.

His sponsors should drop him as well as the sports teams.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #297 on: November 14, 2016, 09:09:08 AM »
This Colin asshole didn't even vote. lol.

And now we have another "social justice football warrior"

Looks like he will be kneeling for 8 years.

https://www.rt.com/sport/366880-nfl-player-anthem-protest-trump/
a

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #298 on: November 16, 2016, 01:04:22 AM »
This Colin asshole didn't even vote. lol.

And now we have another "social justice football warrior"

Looks like he will be kneeling for 8 years.

https://www.rt.com/sport/366880-nfl-player-anthem-protest-trump/

I'm sure you'd kneel down and suck his dick faster than anyone here can say Jack Robinson.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #299 on: November 16, 2016, 02:36:20 AM »
I'm sure you'd kneel down and suck his dick faster than anyone here can say Jack Robinson.

You confuse me for your mother.
a