Author Topic: Is it a Stereotype if it's true?  (Read 7754 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Is it a Stereotype if it's true?
« on: September 14, 2016, 07:22:28 AM »
I was out last night and see this black lady, dressed nice, looks to have some money by the fancy clothes she's wearing.  There are signs all over stating "Please No Cell phone conversations"  Sure enough with a sign right in front of her face she answers her phone.  I then hear her conversation that she's speaking out loud so everyone can hear.

"Are you series!, Are you Series!!!?  ( I assume she's trying to say "Are you Serious")
"They Wuz, Uh huh, No They Wuz, no no, shut up!, They izzz, Are you Series,  Are you series!!!"

This conversation went on for a few minutes and she hung up.

Anyways, this seems to be the norm for most black folk the way they speak, even for ones that seem to have some money and aren't "ghetto".  So is it really a stereotype for Blacks when the majority act this way?

LittleJ

• Getbig V
Re: Is it a Stereotype if it's true?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 07:30:11 AM »
Did the lady appear to be a bodybuilder?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 07:33:12 AM »
Did the lady appear to be a bodybuilder?

Yes, strong arms, curls 20 pounds and 10 pounds for triceps kickbacks.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 07:51:06 AM »
Stereotypes exist for a reason, I always say

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 07:54:26 AM »

Ernest Hogan was a black man. Here are his lyrics:

“All coons look alike to me, I’ve got another beau you see, and he’s just as good to me as you, nig!”

In 1895, black entertainer Ernest Hogan (actual name Ernest Ruben Crowdus) published two of the earliest sheet music rags, one of which (“All Coons Look Alike to Me”) eventually sold a million copies.

As fellow Black musician Tom Fletcher said, Hogan was the “first to put on paper the kind of rhythm that was being played by non-reading musicians.”

Remix
Q

Simple Simon

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 07:55:34 AM »
the fact she could answer a phone alll on her own may indicate mixed race.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2016, 07:58:46 AM »
all stereotypes are true however you can't talk about blacks, jews and gays

that's all

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 08:00:15 AM »
Go to a nicer restaurant.  One that doesn't need to remind its patrons to be considerate.  

Use the cutlery farthest from the plate first.  If there's just one fork with wash-spots on it, quietly reach in and flick the safety off.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2016, 08:12:58 AM »
I don't buy into the stereotype stuff much anymore. A stereotype implies a passing fad that doesn't accurately represent a group of people....this isn't the case anymore.  People don't grow out of this perceived stereotype with age....it's a firmly cemented behavior until the grave today.  There are simply different behavioral groups within people.  If you choose to first subdivide folks by race then so be it, but lines today are so often blurred that color of skin doesn't matter much when considering behavioral types.   The stereotypes of the past are living, breathing, thriving groups of people today.  The behaviors reflected aren't gimmicky or fads....they are what they are...definite truths of the individuals.  Folks with definite, specific attributes spanning across and passed to multiple generations now.   Given that, the stereotyping of the past sort of dissolves and is replaced with a definite behavorial type of person.   When we consider stereotypes of the past so often the example cited is that with "igger" in the name, but race in that regard is seemingly irrelevant today.  How do we define this group of folks because it crosses racial lines?  Not sure.  Be good to simply get rid of the "igger" connotation.  Don't know what to call these folks though.  I lean towards "Entitlers", but that distinction can easily cross group lines.  This is a job for sociology.   :)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2016, 08:29:34 AM »
You should have interrupted her.  "Oi.  You.  Ya, you.  Oh u mad now?  That's how we all feel - having our conversations interrupted by your blathering.  Get it?"

Too late to get a round of applause now, I guess.  Now you know.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2016, 08:31:20 AM »
*Round of Applause*
Q

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2016, 08:40:05 AM »
I was just there as the globe spun 'round.

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2016, 08:56:23 AM »
I was out last night and see this black lady, dressed nice, looks to have some money by the fancy clothes she's wearing.  There are signs all over stating "Please No Cell phone conversations"  Sure enough with a sign right in front of her face she answers her phone.  I then hear her conversation that she's speaking out loud so everyone can hear.

"Are you series!, Are you Series!!!?  ( I assume she's trying to say "Are you Serious")
"They Wuz, Uh huh, No They Wuz, no no, shut up!, They izzz, Are you Series,  Are you series!!!"

Anyways, this seems to be the norm for most black folk the way they speak, even for ones that seem to have some money and aren't "ghetto".  So is it really a stereotype for Blacks when the majority act this way?
Next time, ask Oprah for an autograph.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2016, 08:56:53 AM »
Afrincan thick lips prevent them of having a perfect english speech.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2016, 09:28:08 AM »

??? This is exactly what stereotyping means. Your limited experiences have led you to believe that anecdotal evidence is true of the majority. It's a good thing you are looking for scientific verification from getbig, though.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2016, 09:37:45 AM »
It's a good thing you are looking for scientific verification from getbig, though.
As you do.

As every good researcher and scientist should.
Q

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2016, 10:04:38 AM »
??? This is exactly what stereotyping means. Your limited experiences have led you to believe that anecdotal evidence is true of the majority. It's a good thing you are looking for scientific verification from getbig, though.

Limited experience??  Fucking retard.  I've travelled the world, been to the African continent, north and south.  Have you ever left the ghetto you live in?

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2016, 10:11:14 AM »

Hack Benchers

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2016, 10:19:43 AM »
I don't buy into the stereotype stuff much anymore. A stereotype implies a passing fad that doesn't accurately represent a group of people....this isn't the case anymore.  People don't grow out of this perceived stereotype with age....it's a firmly cemented behavior until the grave today.  There are simply different behavioral groups within people.  If you choose to first subdivide folks by race then so be it, but lines today are so often blurred that color of skin doesn't matter much when considering behavioral types.   The stereotypes of the past are living, breathing, thriving groups of people today.  The behaviors reflected aren't gimmicky or fads....they are what they are...definite truths of the individuals.  Folks with definite, specific attributes spanning across and passed to multiple generations now.   Given that, the stereotyping of the past sort of dissolves and is replaced with a definite behavorial type of person.   When we consider stereotypes of the past so often the example cited is that with "igger" in the name, but race in that regard is seemingly irrelevant today.  How do we define this group of folks because it crosses racial lines?  Not sure.  Be good to simply get rid of the "igger" connotation.  Don't know what to call these folks though.  I lean towards "Entitlers", but that distinction can easily cross group lines.  This is a job for sociology.   :)

Forget this wall of text. Where are the scripture quotes linking to these statements MOS? ( I am somewhat of a bible thumper myself so do not panic)

Hack Benchers

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2016, 10:24:29 AM »
This man has a point. ( I am white, so dont panic bro's)
Dont know about the scientific verification on Getbig tho. Except for Broscience...

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2016, 10:36:23 AM »

Legit LOL thanks!  ;D
T

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2016, 10:53:33 AM »

Actually, White People's experiences aren't limited, when dealing with blacks, they are overwhelmingly negative. That's why we call blacks subhuman animals. And, we are correct. Not politically correct, but real world correct.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2016, 11:22:25 AM »
Limited experience??  Fucking retard.  I've travelled the world, been to the African continent, north and south.  Have you ever left the ghetto you live in?

Any one person's experience is limited, even popes and presidents. Oh, wait. I just re-read your post and see you've been to Africa. Yeah, you know everything about everyone.  ::) And anyone that disagrees with you must live in a ghetto.  ::)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2016, 11:24:13 AM »
Actually, White People's experiences aren't limited, when dealing with blacks, they are overwhelmingly negative. That's why we call blacks subhuman animals. And, we are correct. Not politically correct, but real world correct.

Thanks for the info, Official Spokesperson for White People.  ;)

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2016, 11:53:26 AM »

Thanks for the info, Official Spokesperson for White People.  ;)

You're Welcome!