Author Topic: Levrone - NEW Legs Pic  (Read 14876 times)

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
Re: Levrone - NEW Legs Pic
« Reply #100 on: September 28, 2016, 04:55:14 PM »
Well, in mikes defense he was lonely and needed someone to talk about the 1980 mr Olympia with

bwa ha ha this was around 94, when mike was still doing decent i think ,   still was a nice gesture.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #101 on: September 28, 2016, 05:13:56 PM »
hey rambone , one poster on here i forget said kevin was asking people to send old pics that had of them, and he would hook them up , well this poster sent kevin  some stuff, and kevin being the piece of shit he is never sent them anything see people on here kiss kevins ass, but hes a piece of shit lying scum bag former pro bodybuilder, who is just out to fuck people out of money.    

a friend of mine   got a phone consultation with mike mentzer,   he told me mike was enjoying talking to him and talked a  couple more hrs with him for free.   just to show the difference,     between some people.

That's a shame. No doubt I've met nicer guys within the "sport". Jay Cutler was signing autographs at a nutrition store by my house around the same time and it was a similar situation with no one at all being around. As boring as people say Jay is, he talked to my brother and me for 5-10 minutes and was actually really cool and down to earth.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #102 on: September 28, 2016, 05:19:31 PM »
Kevin Leg-Gone-E

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: September 28, 2016, 05:28:25 PM »
Fairly recently (say, 10 years ago) a friend and I spotted a meet 'n greet poster at a local nutrition store featuring Rich Gaspari. For a hoot, I suggested we go.

So here's a dude decades past any sort of (limited) public relevance, no one outside of the owner and manager is there, and The Dragonslayer is being all stand-offish and rude towards my bud and I.

We're like, This scene is lame (I actually said, out loud, something to this affect), and we bailed. Some useless Gaspari pre-workout sample packs in hand.

I don't get some people.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #104 on: September 28, 2016, 05:32:04 PM »
I remember going to my first bodybuilding show, NPC Southern States, back in 2001. Kevin Levrone was the guest poser and being a naive high school kid catching the bodybuilding bug, I was excited to finally meet a top IFBB Pro. I only went to the pre-judging, so it wasn't crazy busy outside of the auditorium where the booths were, and I was surprised to see Kevin behind a table with nobody around him. Literally nobody was there, so I went up and paid for an autograph. One would think he would be appreciative and maybe even take a couple minutes to talk to me since he wasn't doing much of anything. He probably said 5 words at the most. I wouldn't say he was a dick, but he definitely didn't have much of a personality or seemed appreciative. For a consistent top 5 contender, he marketed himself so poorly
Had a similar experience with Kevin also guest posing at the Southern States. May have been the same year not sure. Asked him if he would take a pic with my wife. Said wait a minute then motioned for her to come over for me to take it. He was very quiet and stand offish. Probably only did it because my wife was attractive.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: September 28, 2016, 05:40:07 PM »
Fairly recently (say, 10 years ago) a friend and I spotted a meet 'n greet poster at a local nutrition store featuring Rich Gaspari. For a hoot, I suggested we go.

So here's a dude decades past any sort of (limited) public relevance, no one outside of the owner and manager is there, and The Dragonslayer is being all stand-offish and rude towards my bud and I.

We're like, This scene is lame (I actually said, out loud, something to this affect), and we bailed. Some useless Gaspari pre-workout sample packs in hand.

I don't get some people.

when i read that , it makes me happy that scum bag piece of shit gaspari,  went bankrupt and had to sell his compnay

now that asswipe does whatever he can to make money was an overated pro to who burned out in 5 years.

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: September 28, 2016, 05:40:42 PM »
Had a similar experience with Kevin also guest posing at the Southern States. May have been the same year not sure. Asked him if he would take a pic with my wife. Said wait a minute then motioned for her to come over for me to take it. He was very quiet and stand offish. Probably only did it because my wife was attractive.

Lol! Most likely the same year. I don't know if you had any of the Nutririon Depots down your way, but that's where Jay was in Pompano. Very cool experience in comparison to Levrone.

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2016, 05:44:56 PM »

I don't get some people.

Also had a similar situation to that when Mark Alvisi opened his supplement store down here and Gaspari was there. The group I was with wanted to take a pic with him all together and he was real hesitant at first and not friendly at all. Ironically Bob Chick walked by my friend and I and even said how's it going haha. I shouldn't be hard on the guy because he seemed like a naturally friendly guy but the Mirage ice machine jokes and the stretching pictures are too good to pass up on.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #108 on: September 28, 2016, 05:46:37 PM »
Fortress, you forgot the part about Gaspari stinking up the bathroom

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #109 on: September 28, 2016, 05:47:36 PM »
when i read that , it makes me happy that scum bag piece of shit gaspari,  went bankrupt and had to sell his compnay

now that asswipe does whatever he can to make money was an overated pro to who burned out in 5 years.

Didn't know he went bankrupt, so he doesn't run it anymore?

Rich is a real piece of shit, the opposite of labrada

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #110 on: September 28, 2016, 05:51:33 PM »
I love it, this thread about Levrone's faltering legs has turned into a Gaspari/Mentzer discussion.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: September 28, 2016, 05:51:51 PM »
Didn't know he went bankrupt, so he doesn't run it anymore?

Rich is a real piece of shit, the opposite of labrada

sure did serves the piece of shit right
http://blogs.wsj.com/bankruptcy/2014/12/31/bodybuilders-supplement-company-sold-out-of-bankruptcy/

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #112 on: September 28, 2016, 05:57:36 PM »
Lol! Most likely the same year. I don't know if you had any of the Nutririon Depots down your way, but that's where Jay was in Pompano. Very cool experience in comparison to Levrone.
Yup, I used to go to that one on Federal just north of Atlantic. Also used to go to the one in Coral Springs.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #113 on: September 28, 2016, 06:13:19 PM »
Too close to call

Great build. Looks like me walking the beach with those legs.

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: September 28, 2016, 06:19:10 PM »
Yup, I used to go to that one on Federal just north of Atlantic. Also used to go to the one in Coral Springs.

It was a great store especially for back then

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #115 on: September 28, 2016, 06:53:15 PM »

sure did serves the piece of shit right
http://blogs.wsj.com/bankruptcy/2014/12/31/bodybuilders-supplement-company-sold-out-of-bankruptcy/

Wow! Didn't know that

His wife or ex wife was on a spending spree too. Lived a lavish lifestyle, numerous luxury cars, designer everything, like real wives of basketball type shit. Hahaha that certainly didn't help

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: September 28, 2016, 06:54:29 PM »
billy smith,  from the american gladiators trained here in michigan a few times in 96,  he was trying to expand the intrafit system.

a good friend of mine worked for billy my friend was pretty big  and strong competed in npc, lost his ass when he bought a gym.

billy smith was pretty strong then and huge.

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: September 28, 2016, 07:09:07 PM »
billy smith,  from the american gladiators trained here in michigan a few times in 96,  he was trying to expand the intrafit system.

a good friend of mine worked for billy my friend was pretty big  and strong competed in npc, lost his ass when he bought a gym.

billy smith was pretty strong then and huge.

He was jacked as phuck. He used to crush those pussies in powerball

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: September 28, 2016, 07:18:15 PM »
Fortress, you forgot the part about Gaspari stinking up the bathroom

Huh? Something about this sounds familiar. Go on ...

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #119 on: September 28, 2016, 07:20:23 PM »
Intensity brings mass.

Correction: HIGH Intensity (HIT) brings mass, which is comprised of low reps, heavy weights. Blitz the muscle in as short as a time as possible. Get in and get out and repeat that same muscle 1 week later and you have MASS (growth). Ask Casey Viator, the Mentzer brothers, and Dorian Yates.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #120 on: September 28, 2016, 07:22:57 PM »
It's 315. Also, his technique is mostly low back. Guy's no expert squatter.

Dude had built some serious wheels early in his career, so he knew a thing or two about heavy squats.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #121 on: September 28, 2016, 07:25:39 PM »

He was jacked as phuck. He used to crush those pussies in powerball

God that was a fun show when it first came out!

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: September 28, 2016, 07:34:05 PM »
Dude had built some serious wheels early in his career, so he knew a thing or two about heavy squats.

Not necessarily. Like many/most responders who're willing to exploit this with gallons of juice, he would have built muscle despite using poor technique and/or exercise selection.

A great many of the world's biggest and best bodybuilders are very modestly knowledgeable when it comes to weight training.

Seen it, in person, time and again.

Watching that video, it's obvious Levrone was never a master squatter. That he might have been capable of huge amounts of weight at some point only points, again, to the deal with great responders with a willingness to use.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: September 28, 2016, 07:59:36 PM »
One thing is for certain, Levrone is definitely the most discussed last place finisher in Olympia history. That is not a good statistic.

He got more interviews and attention then the winner! :D

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #124 on: September 28, 2016, 08:17:25 PM »
Needless to say, the days of Kevin Levrone "growing into a show" are over.