Author Topic: Training journal  (Read 4022 times)

Big Gorilla

• Getbig II
Training journal
« on: October 02, 2016, 12:28:50 PM »
I think you've seen in your gym people, constantly scurrying back and forth with a pencil and a notebook. This are not the students who are asked athletes to write all the names of trainers and even students, writing coursework "how to build muscle." It's just ordinary people, coming up responsibly to his training process and lead something "Philistines notes" on "why I came into the gym, what I’ll do today." The common people called what they are doing - training journal. 
So what types of training journals do you know? What rules does exist for them? How to fill it correct? ???

jpm101

• Getbig IV
Re: Training journal
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 10:06:03 AM »
I've kept a training notebook for quite a number of years, and still do.

Usually  writing down poundage/sets/reps after that exercise, or workout, is completed. Interesting to see the pattern of strong days compared to days of average, to less than average, performances in workouts. Also the mood and how that can affect a workout. I learn that there is a different pattern, from extra poor to excellent workout days..for me anyway.

Good Luck.
F

Big Gorilla

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 12:08:23 PM »
I've kept a training notebook for quite a number of years, and still do.

Usually  writing down poundage/sets/reps after that exercise, or workout, is completed. Interesting to see the pattern of strong days compared to days of average, to less than average, performances in workouts. Also the mood and how that can affect a workout. I learn that there is a different pattern, from extra poor to excellent workout days..for me anyway.

Good Luck.

Thank you for sharing your experience ;)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 07:38:06 PM »
It's a great tool. It should be used by most bodybuilders. It gives you a tool to gauge your progress. If you got 9 reps last time trying to get 10 to log in the book shows tangible progress. Want to remember how you got into such good shape last summer just pull out the journal and refer to it.

I have come to an age where trying to make strength gains every week is just foolish.  I work brutally hard but I might be using the same weight for months.

Big Gorilla

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 12:37:53 PM »
It's a great tool. It should be used by most bodybuilders. It gives you a tool to gauge your progress. If you got 9 reps last time trying to get 10 to log in the book shows tangible progress. Want to remember how you got into such good shape last summer just pull out the journal and refer to it.

I have come to an age where trying to make strength gains every week is just foolish.  I work brutally hard but I might be using the same weight for months.

thank you bro. It seems that training journal has become for you something really important. It is an important tool in our common deal 8)

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 09:18:54 AM »
I  took almost 4 weeks off of gym time.  

Flew to Hawaii, Samoa (both), Fiji and other South Pacific points. Very helpful to reviews my log book when I got back. Too much travel and vacation time tend to dull my enthusiasm and thoughts about workouts. The log book jarred my memory and pretty helpful in getting back to workouts.

Maybe not for everyone, but works for me.
F