Author Topic: Has Anyone Ever Had their Testosterone Levels Tested?  (Read 4711 times)

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
Has Anyone Ever Had their Testosterone Levels Tested?
« on: March 28, 2006, 02:48:17 PM »
P

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Re: Has Anyone Ever Had their Testosterone Levels Tested?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 03:02:04 PM »
You should'a tried some post cycle therapy!
just push some weight!

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 03:02:26 PM »
I had a few tests done because of a few health problems ive been having. my testosterone was 7.2 and apparantly the normal levels are between 9-25 and the doc told me i should be up the top end of that scale being only 22. ive done a bit of gear nothing serious but is it normal for levels to come down this low after using?

Hmmm, hard to say what that scale was you used?

I know the range in mg per dl based on free testosterone ranges from 100 very low - 1000 very high.
Ideal is 600-700 mg/dl , mine was low after I turned 40 in the 250-290, so I know use prescribed Androgel and mine now stays in he ideal range .
A top endocrinologist told me that even what many consider to be "moderate" roid use can knock your natural test levels for a loop for up to a year or longer depnding on the age and amount used , etc.
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 03:29:18 PM »
My nuts still hang so I'm cool........

Besides, I don't use gear.......
HAHA, RON.....

IronGame

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 04:35:57 PM »
It's funny you should ask, because I was just considering calling my doc and asking for a test.  I am 48 yrs, and in the past year, I have noticed a difference in my vitality.  Nothing major, just a slight drop in my desire to exercise.  If I have the test, I will post the results.
white belt for life

unskinny

• Getbig II
  • Getbigtoo!
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 04:38:01 PM »
I have had mine tested twice in the last 2 years, both times about 8-10 weeks after I stopped using 1/2g per week (split evenly between tren and test), which is NOTHING, but I only need a light cycle to blow up pretty good.  My levels were around 350 both times, which is considered the low end of the normal range.  Keep in mind I am OLD (38yr).  I have to say, that level equates to having virtually no sex drive whatsoever.  Your cock works, but you don't care if it does or doesn't.  I am, like Howie has, investigating HRT.  
I can't imagine how fucked up your liver function tests (SGOT, etc) and hemoglobin/hemocrit levels get when you've been on a heavy cycle for months on end.  Even on the light dose I mentioned above, my hemoglobin/hemocrit levels were flagged as too high.
MikeMatarazzo.com

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 11:48:09 PM »
I'm 27 and been a consistent bodybuilder since 14.  Never used steroids, but have used some prohormones...i had my levels checked due to low sex drive...they were 347....347!!!  LIke unskinny said, cock works, just don't really care!  This sucks....my physician told me they were in the normal range, and that was that........i wonder if another doc would prescribe hrt for a guy my age?  Any thoughts?

Was your blood test done in the morning?
You might like to try an anti aging type doctor. But HRT is for the rest of your life, there might be other ways to increase testosterone such as (in no particular order):

1. Lower the amount you train as too much training (overtraining) can keep your body under a constant level of stress which lowers testosterone. For example after hard intense squats, testosterone can be depressed for days afterward, so squatting hard every day or two would not be a good idea. Another example is that endurance athletes such as marathon runners are known to have pretty low test levels. Also mental stress can impact test levels. Just try and keep bad stress down if possible.

2. Get an adequate level of fat and calories in general as a calorie/fat restricted diet can lower testosterone. Get your omega 3's. Testosterone is made from cholesterol. An example is that people who take statin drugs to lower cholesterol have impaired testosterone production.

3. Excess body fat, especially around the gut area produces an enzyme which converts testosterone to estrogen, which inhibits testosterone production. Your testosterone level is inversely proportional to your bodyfat level. Example, obese people often have low test levels, and if given an aromatase enzyme inhibitor (AI) will experience a dramatic testosterone increase.

4. Sleep, get at least 7 hours. Most testosterone is produced while you sleep, especially coinciding with REM sleep. If you have sleep apnea for example, waking up many times per night will interfere with testosterone production. Taking zinc before bed can't hurt either. Getting a decent amount of sunlight or bright light, especially in the morning also has an influence.

5. Keep drug and alcohol use under control as they can negatively impact test production.

Most of the above points have medical studies to back up.

If you do want to take drugs to increase test levels then I recommend taking nolvadex 20mg a day for a month then tapering off. This will definately increase your test levels and hopefully after stopping nolvadex your test levels will stabilize at a higher level then before you started. You might like to try this 'cycle' of nolvadex a few times with two to three months break in between. This might 'shock' your endocrine system into working more as it should.

If this doesn't work then HRT is probably your only option left. I hope this information is of use.
Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor.

GMCtrk

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 12:06:29 AM »
I'm 27 and been a consistent bodybuilder since 14.  Never used steroids, but have used some prohormones...i had my levels checked due to low sex drive...they were 347....347!!!  LIke unskinny said, cock works, just don't really care!  This sucks....my physician told me they were in the normal range, and that was that........i wonder if another doc would prescribe hrt for a guy my age?  Any thoughts?

well if you used prohormones, did you follow up with a PCT?

Rome

• Getbig IV
  • Pics or GTFO!
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 04:13:23 AM »
Yup, it's on the high side for an old fugger like me  ;D

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2006, 04:36:42 AM »
JR...awesome post...i really don't know what my problem is..i think it may be overtraining bc i do hit the weights pretty hard with extreme consistency.  Thanks for the post!

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2006, 07:47:09 AM »
  It has been suggested that I get mine checked.   Haven't though.      :)

PENORIS
$

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2006, 07:57:31 AM »
fuzzy orange butthole
$

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2007, 01:53:02 AM »

HAHAHHAA... coltrane can't get it up . Even more , he seems unnintrested in girls....he screams natural but is WONDERING   ::) if his doc would prescribe him HRT  ::) ...wanna cross to the dark side ?...just because u are not interested in girls don't mean you are a homo  ;D ...so don't worry.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2007, 01:58:50 AM »
did you check for pedophilia while at the doctors? what did the doctor say when you explained you get a hardon for pre-teens?
Z

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2007, 04:05:16 AM »
hmmm interesting, has your penis popped in and turned into a pussy?

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2007, 08:42:34 AM »
I had a few tests done because of a few health problems ive been having. my testosterone was 7.2 and apparantly the normal levels are between 9-25 and the doc told me i should be up the top end of that scale being only 22. ive done a bit of gear nothing serious but is it normal for levels to come down this low after using?

You are one weird dude. Save your money for a shrink.
The House that Ruth built

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2007, 08:46:43 AM »
"nzmusclemonster" needs high testosterone levels for all those 12 year old girls he chases.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2007, 08:50:34 AM »
"nzmusclemonster" needs high testosterone levels for all those 12 year old girls he chases.

He is a sick puppy.
The House that Ruth built

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2007, 09:13:39 AM »
did you check for pedophilia while at the doctors? what did the doctor say when you explained you get a hardon for pre-teens?

Hes admitted in this thread, hes used gear, check, his posts on the natty board (where hesd a mod ::)), he talks of how he is a proud natural oh brother.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2007, 09:23:16 AM »
Hes admitted in this thread, hes used gear, check, his posts on the natty board (where hesd a mod ::)), he talks of how he is a proud natural oh brother.

And he whined of racism against New Zelanders..

ahahahahahahaha

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2007, 11:04:20 AM »

you talking about me or someone else?  I've never used "gear".  I have used 1 AD when it first came out, but i really don't consider that "gear"......maybe you're talking about someone else

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2007, 03:45:50 PM »
I had my test level checked last year and it was 231. This year is was 220. No wonder I can't bench 185 and no longer get a boner when Ginger tries to seduce Gilligan.
BigNationRadio.com

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2007, 04:52:28 PM »
Studies have proven most schmoes have low T levels.

mrbham

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2007, 08:34:21 PM »
I had mine checked once at 1200.  I am sure it is a little lower now.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2007, 08:40:19 PM »
what is your sex drive like?   what health problems?