Author Topic: HOW DO YOU TRAIN YOUR NECK??  (Read 8494 times)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
HOW DO YOU TRAIN YOUR NECK??
« on: March 28, 2006, 09:16:49 PM »
I need to bring up my neck since it is a measly 16 inches. What exercises do I do for it? I read that Steve Reeves used to do something to make his neck bigger, anyone know what it was?
just push some weight!

steelballs

• Getbig II
Re: HOW CAN I TRAIN MY NECK??
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 09:20:09 PM »
You could try pulling it out from your ass  ;D

Bast175

Re: HOW CAN I TRAIN MY NECK??
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 09:20:12 PM »
What do you think?  What do the neck muscles do?  They cause your neck to go up and down.

You would do this and the work the other front side by having the weight on the back instead of the front.

SLYY

• Getbig IV
  • A mug only your mom could love...
Re: HOW DO YOU TRAIN YOUR NECK??
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 09:21:21 PM »
 Alex is huge.....he should not get any bigger....

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 09:39:20 PM »
im glad to see that my post calling out your pencil neck has sunken in. 

brutal insecurity
its comin today

fathead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 09:41:07 PM »
who does that? squat, deadlift, row and shrug................

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 09:47:11 PM »
When you are in your favorite position have your boyfriend hold your head harder while you are pleasing him.  That will build that neck up to the same size as his.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2006, 10:14:47 PM »
Neck muscle is the sign of a true BBer.

I like to wrap a rope around my neck in a nooselike fashion.  I tie it over a tree branch or door jam.  Then I flex my neck and kick the stool away.  After a few minutes of flexing hard, my neck muscles are stiff and rigid, primed for growth.

PS... if you try this, you're probably stupid enough to deserve death.

weedoutheweak

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Kickin' it
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2006, 10:16:45 PM »
very funny responses in this thread.

dukebrown

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2006, 10:54:54 PM »
listen to Rap music and get someone to tie your arms to your side to isolate the neck.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2006, 11:25:16 PM »
http://www.prowriststraps.com/head_harness_weight_lifting1

remember you'r getting advice on neck training from a 150lb dood...sigh...noobs...

buy the leather 1..the nylon slips..i've tried both in days of yore..
carpe` vaginum!

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2006, 11:27:04 PM »
Neck muscle is the sign of a true BBer.

I like to wrap a rope around my neck in a nooselike fashion.  I tie it over a tree branch or door jam.  Then I flex my neck and kick the stool away.  After a few minutes of flexing hard, my neck muscles are stiff and rigid, primed for growth.

PS... if you try this, you're probably stupid enough to deserve death.

I knew a guy that would do this. He said it would help him in his no rules fighting from not being able to get choked out..  

will938

• Getbig III
  • No Bull!
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2006, 02:42:50 AM »
240!! you beat me to it! I was gonna suggest the same routine to him as well ;D
Team Efferding

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2006, 02:50:15 AM »
Headbanging!!
I am a mini beast

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2006, 02:51:31 AM »
Follow the ancient arts of Mower

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2006, 03:23:26 AM »
Are you insane? - Neck size is indirectly the result of doing heavy power movements like deadlifts, barbell shrugs, rows etc. Why the hell do you want to increase the size of your neck when it is blatantly obvious the rest of you is completely lagging. Me thinks you don't like hard work.

Sorry to state the obvious but someone needs to give this clown a simple straight answer instead of telling him to commit suicide. Sometime I think you people want to be ridiculed.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2006, 04:07:05 AM »
you could always learn to bridge like they do in wrestling, my neck is pretty damn big and I have never really worked it but I did alot of bridging in high school during wrestling practice.
nasser=piece of shit

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2006, 05:01:55 AM »
Listen to the Rollins Band. your neck will grow by osmosis
$

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2006, 08:43:23 AM »
Probably the best all around exercise for the neck is the wrestler's bridge, which N-al suggested. You can do this movement 360 degrees if you like. And you don't have to buy any equipment. Once advanced, try holding a BB/DB overhead as you bridge from the lying on the back position. Very heavy weights can be worked up to. DL's, pulls, shrugs, etc can affect the neck but is limited to full development. The neck is usually easy to develop in most men.

Can also use a towel around the head (again 360 degree angles if you wish) and have a training Bud apply resistence as the neck goes through it's rom(s). Very affective this way. Some guy's will do this as a strength building exercise before they attempt any kind of bridges. Can also hold the towel yourself if that's your only option but it can be a little limiting for max development.

Those headstraps all work very well for deveoplnent and a few gym's may have they laying around. Can use BB plates or hook the strap up to a cable machine and get resistence that way. The last option would be to buy one for yourself and use it at home or take to the gym with you.

The Pro's and other top BB'ers always seen to have a lagging development of their necks. A large, muscular neck will set you apart from just an average trainee and give the appearance of strength and power of a real athlete. On the negative side, a over developed neck (and traps) can take away from the illusion of broad shoulders and the flow of the shoulder line, if your a serious BB'er. Balance would be the key here. Good Luck.

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2006, 11:04:16 AM »
alexxx, remember that in order to look proportionate, neck and arms should be around the same size.  i would first bring up those 14-inch pythons of yours to decent size before venturing into any neck exercises.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2006, 11:45:35 AM »
My arms and calves are both 18 inches, my neck is 16. Eventually I am going to bring them up to 20 inches each naturally.

thanks for the advices everyone.. but it just looks stupid if a guy wears that mess on their heads in the gym... the gonna send him to the mental institude or thee x board...
just push some weight!

SLYY

• Getbig IV
  • A mug only your mom could love...
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2006, 01:00:50 PM »
My arms and calves are both 18 inches, my neck is 16. Eventually I am going to bring them up to 20 inches each naturally.

Can I use your measuring tape?  If your arms are 18 inches, mine must be at least 25!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2006, 01:02:24 PM »
Can I use your measuring tape?  If your arms are 18 inches, mine must be at least 25!

they where 17 1/2 inches cold. My peaks are high so it gives the illusion of bigger arms. I think they are back to 18 cold. If I pump them then they will be around 19?
just push some weight!

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2006, 01:31:02 PM »
they where 17 1/2 inches cold. My peaks are high so it gives the illusion of bigger arms. I think they are back to 18 cold. If I pump them then they will be around 19?

hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah!!!

newdumbell303

• Getbig II
  • "get serious..."
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2006, 02:51:52 PM »

peaks are high? your biceps are horrible though have you looked at your pics lately? or werent you flexing  ::)