Author Topic: Pro Division Press Release #6  (Read 10816 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
Pro Division Press Release #6
« on: March 29, 2006, 11:49:06 AM »
Pro Division Inc is proud to announce the initial events on their European schedule. Listed are the first three events. Other PDI European events will be announced in our next press release.

DATE CONTEST& LOCATION PRIZE MONEY
Oct 20th Slovak Pro Championships, Kosice, Slovakia $30,000.
Oct 21st Hungarian Pro Championships, Budapest, Hungary $30,000.
Oct 22nd British Pro Championships, London, England $30,000.

PDI promoters will be paying full expenses for a minimum of eight athletes and they will cover hotel for most of the other athletes who will be traveling on their own money. Athletes receiving full expenses will not only receive their travel but also a private room at each location and $75. expense money per night at each location.

The judging panels will be different for each event in order to make each competition as impartial and non-discriminatory as possible. The panels will feature judges from different amateur and pro organizations from all over the world as well as recently retired pro bodybuilders. All events will be judged under the new and innovative PDI judging system.

Pro Division CEO Wayne S. DeMilia states, “We are ecstatic with the response we have received in the amount of promoters who have come forward to be part of this new venture. The promoters who were more advanced in their promotional preparation will be doing shows in our opening year. The other promoters are already organizing their events for the 2007 season. “

These events occur one month after the initial PDI event, Night of Champions XXVII. NOC will be offering $50,000. in prize money plus the $5,000. NOC ring.

In closing, DeMilia announces, “As we have stated previously, 2006 is only our first year and we feel we are ahead of schedule. There was much skepticism on whether or not we would even have one event. We are still on course to have a minimum of 6 shows this fall, 12 to 15 shows in 2007, and 25 pro events encompassing all major continents by the 2010 season.”

Anyone wishing to purchase tickets for any of the announced 2006 PDI events or any athletes interested in competing should do so by contacting us at prodivisioninc@yahoo.com.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
PRESS RELEASE PDI #6
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 12:24:35 PM »
This was just emailed to me from Wayne:

PRO DIVISION INC ANNOUNCES THE FIRST GROUP OF EUROPEAN EVENTS

Pro Division Inc is proud to announce the initial events on their European schedule. Listed are the first three events. Other PDI European events will be announced in our next press release.

DATE          CONTEST& LOCATION                                   PRIZE MONEY
Oct 20th       Slovak Pro Championships, Kosice, Slovakia             $30,000.
Oct 21st       Hungarian Pro Championships, Budapest, Hungary     $30,000.
Oct 22nd      British Pro Championships, London, England              $30,000.

PDI promoters will be paying full expenses for a minimum of eight athletes and they will cover hotel for most of the other athletes who will be traveling on their own money. Athletes receiving full expenses will not only receive their travel but also a private room at each location and $75. expense money per night at each location.

The judging panels will be different for each event in order to make each competition as impartial and non-discriminatory as possible. The panels will feature judges from different amateur and pro organizations from all over the world as well as recently retired pro bodybuilders. All events will be judged under the new and innovative PDI judging system.

Pro Division CEO Wayne S. DeMilia states, “We are ecstatic with the response we have received in the amount of promoters who have come forward to be part of this new venture. The promoters who were more advanced in their promotional preparation will be doing shows in our opening year. The other promoters are already organizing their events for the 2007 season. “

These events occur one month after the initial PDI event, Night of Champions XXVII. NOC will be offering $50,000. in prize money plus the $5,000. NOC ring.

In closing, DeMilia announces, “As we have stated previously, 2006 is only our first year and we feel we are ahead of schedule. There was much skepticism on whether or not we would even have one event. We are still on course to have a minimum of 6 shows this fall, 12 to 15 shows in 2007, and 25 pro events encompassing all major continents by the 2010 season.”

Anyone wishing to purchase tickets for any of the announced 2006 PDI events or any athletes interested in competing should do so by contacting us at prodivisioninc@yahoo.com. 

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: PRESS RELEASE PDI
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 12:25:56 PM »
WOW CHic.  start burying your head now while you can still do it on your own.  By the way this thread should have a sticky.  Lets see.  Ron do the right thing.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 12:32:40 PM »
Not only that, but there are some *pretty* big named former IFBB athletes doing the promoting and judging at these shows.  The European fanbase will be all over this!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: PRO DIVISION INC ANNOUNCES THE FIRST GROUP OF EUROPEAN EVENTS
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 12:35:37 PM »
We already knew Flex WHeeler was promoting the Hungary show.

I have a good feeling you're going to recognize the champ putting on the English show ;)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 12:37:34 PM »
Yes everyone will be surprised with the people involved with the judging of these contest.  Finally I am supporting BB.  Can't wait to see Chic and Solomons response.  Rememeber its just an idea.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 12:41:35 PM »
Don't be too quick to shit on this division.

About ten years ago C.A.R.T. was the dominant racing league for F1 type cars in america. Someone got tired of the expense and politics(sound familiar) to field a team and created the Indy Racing League. This was soundly criticized by the establishment because all the best drivers were loyal to CART. Fast forward to today and CART is history and the IRL is on TV every week.

chafed_nut_sack420

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 12:42:11 PM »
Yes everyone will be surprised with the people involved with the judging of these contest.  Finally I am supporting BB.  Can't wait to see Chic and Solomons response.  Rememeber its just an idea.

I heard Richard Simmons will be a judge.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 12:42:51 PM »
Chic, now as the atheltes rep (not IFBB) you are obligated to encourage your fellow BB's to look into these shows.  Remember how many times you have said you are the athletes rep and nothing to do with the IFBB.  So be sure to post up your press release telling your fellow IFBB pros about PDI and how if they want to expand on there choices and make more money and have a better judging panel and not a one-sided show, look into entering PDI show.  Remember you are their rep and they are counting on your guidance.  Guide them Chic, guide them to the promised land.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2006, 12:44:00 PM »
Bob, if the PDI is nothing more than a pipe dream destined for failure, then you could be THE force that exposes him to the world.  He's selling tickets- which means he's either legitimately offering professional bodybuilders an alternative method of earning money, or he is scamming fans. 

Either way, as the Athlete's Rep, isn't it your REPSONSIBILITY to let the athletes hear both sides of the story?  Either there will be a show and athletes will get new power and money, OR DeMilia is ripping off fans and endangering the earning power of atletes who cross over.  Don't you have a DUTY to the athletes to figure out which is happening?

If I was a pro BBer, I'd be emailing Bob Chick TODAY to request DeMilia's presence on that show IMMEDIATELY. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2006, 12:45:07 PM »
Bob, if you do not equally discuss the PDI as you do the IFBB, you will likely be viewed as derilect in your duties as as ATHLETE'S REP, not an IFBB employee.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2006, 12:56:16 PM »
Chic, now as the atheltes rep (not IFBB) you are obligated to encourage your fellow BB's to look into these shows.  Remember how many times you have said you are the athletes rep and nothing to do with the IFBB.  So be sure to post up your press release telling your fellow IFBB pros about PDI and how if they want to expand on there choices and make more money and have a better judging panel and not a one-sided show, look into entering PDI show.  Remember you are their rep and they are counting on your guidance.  Guide them Chic, guide them to the promised land.
Reading this is like watching someone poke an animal through the bars of a cage. You just know, sooner or later, something is going to happen. Hehe.  :D

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2006, 01:07:26 PM »
I have a feeling  ;)  Ronnie is going to win allot more Mr. Olympia's.  He may even be able to take 2nd 3rd and 4th place.  Joecelyn by default will take 5th.  Youknow what is really funny, Wayne is willing and wants IFBB pros to come over.  He is open to it.  Manion and the Weiners won't allow any such thing.  Man if these guys were my parents I would not only be embarrased I would take them out back and slap some shit into them.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2006, 01:10:45 PM »
Chic, now as the atheltes rep (not IFBB) you are obligated to encourage your fellow BB's to look into these shows.  Remember how many times you have said you are the athletes rep and nothing to do with the IFBB.  So be sure to post up your press release telling your fellow IFBB pros about PDI and how if they want to expand on there choices and make more money and have a better judging panel and not a one-sided show, look into entering PDI show.  Remember you are their rep and they are counting on your guidance.  Guide them Chic, guide them to the promised land.

I can't wait to hear Joe Piscopo oops, I mean Chick's response to this.

LurkyLurker

• Getbig III
  • Advices
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2006, 01:14:28 PM »
Question for onlyme-- Do you live at your computer desk or do you walk around with a laptop in a baby carrier strapped to your chest?

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2006, 01:14:52 PM »
Back in the 60's there was a league and another league came along that noone wanted etc.  and over time the 2 leagues joined together and created a system of competion that intermixed games during the season while still keeping each other's identity throughout.  And at the end of this season the best from each side would meet to determine a champion of the entire league.  This is called the NFL as we know it today. 

Would it not be something great for the fans and athletes of the sport if we could have something like this in bodybuilding.
BKS - Guardian of Truth

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2006, 01:15:36 PM »
I am not sure what the prize money alloocation for is for other IFBB shows.  But I think most of them aren't far from what Wayne is giving away in his first year.  The IFBB is what 40+ years old and they barely give more money away than a first year organization.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2006, 01:19:06 PM »
Question for onlyme-- Do you live at your computer desk or do you walk around with a laptop in a baby carrier strapped to your chest?

Actually I do only use a laptop.  A Gateway 680XS with a 17" monitor and wireless trackball.  I basically have my business and I design websites and do marketing for Golds and a couple other companies.  I live at my computer yes.  But the neat thing is when I feel like it I go to my pool with my computer and use the signal from someones wireless and I still can go on GetBig.  The thing is I am working but usually keep one window open to Getbig so I can check it.  SO I yes I guess I am at my computer most of the time.  But I am moving back to Oahu in a month so I will bebusy putting something big together that everyone on here will know about.

LurkyLurker

• Getbig III
  • Advices
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2006, 01:19:36 PM »
Gee, I didn't realize it's the IFBB that gives out the prize money at shows. Stupid me! And all this time I thought it was the individual promoters who got prize money through sponsorship! Tell us more about the way the system works onlyme.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2006, 01:25:04 PM »
Gee, I didn't realize it's the IFBB that gives out the prize money at shows. Stupid me! And all this time I thought it was the individual promoters who got prize money through sponsorship! Tell us more about the way the system works onlyme.

hehe you know what I meant.  Everyone knows the IFBB doesn't do anything.  There I just told you exactly how it works.

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2006, 01:30:48 PM »
We already knew Flex WHeeler was promoting the Hungary show.

I have a good feeling you're going to recognize the champ putting on the English show ;)

Unless Flex has rescheduled his show then he is not the promoter of the PDI event.
I have an even better feeling about the British show.

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2006, 01:37:12 PM »
90 grand in prizes.  That looks to be is much better than the IFBB does.  Hell, a pro could leave the IFBB and make more at these three shows than they ever would in the IFBB contests.  Awesome.
Motherboy (the band).

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2006, 01:40:30 PM »
90 grand in prizes.  That looks to be is much better than the IFBB does.  Hell, a pro could leave the IFBB and make more at these three shows than they ever would in the IFBB contests.  Awesome.

Unless these shows are "winner take all" events your calculatons are way off.
Not so awesome?

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2006, 01:42:15 PM »
I am waiting for the "Athlete's Rep" to respond - this will be good...
Motherboy (the band).

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2006, 01:45:18 PM »
Unless these shows are "winner take all" events your calculatons are way off.
Not so awesome?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, there are tons of pros that never make 15K in their careers show-wise. 
Motherboy (the band).