Author Topic: Dips  (Read 1483 times)

newdumbell303

• Getbig II
  • "get serious..."
Dips
« on: March 29, 2006, 11:43:36 PM »
Tricep dips you use a close grip correct? Chest dips wide and leaned over? This guy at the gym on Monday claimed I was doing dips completely wrong and would get better results if I did 25 free weight dips than 8 with 2 plates on me. Me never being in a talking mood when I train just shook my head and say "alright" and got a drink then continued.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
Re: Dips
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 12:35:39 PM »
If your doing an excersise and know what muscle you want to hit and you personally feel it working then everyone on this planet can fuck off. It could be Mr. Coleman himself....it doesn't take a guru to tell you how to dip....you already said you were doing tricep dips so you know what your doing. just my 2 cents on people who walk around as top shit and love giving advice to women and other guys training.
bodybuildersreality.com

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 12:44:58 PM »
Guys just love to give me "advice" when I am training ::)

newdumbell303

• Getbig II
  • "get serious..."
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 12:48:58 PM »
If your doing an excersise and know what muscle you want to hit and you personally feel it working then everyone on this planet can f**k off. It could be Mr. Coleman himself....it doesn't take a guru to tell you how to dip....you already said you were doing tricep dips so you know what your doing. just my 2 cents on people who walk around as top shit and love giving advice to women and other guys training.

This dude was probably 35 years old, horrible shape, weak as a gerbal and a huge pile of douche if I've ever seen one. I hate people like this

Robert E. Lee

• Getbig II
  • The South Shall Rise Again!
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 08:34:38 PM »
If you can do 8 reps with 2 plates, then i feel like you could probably get way more than 25 non-weighted dips.  don't doubt yourself b/c some prick likes to play guru.
The General

newdumbell303

• Getbig II
  • "get serious..."
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 09:54:10 PM »
If you can do 8 reps with 2 plates, then i feel like you could probably get way more than 25 non-weighted dips.  don't doubt yourself b/c some prick likes to play guru.

yea I probably could, its just what the douche said to me. Then he said my grip was wrong and junk and was just an idiot, some people like to smell their own asses a little too much.

jpeso

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 10:55:38 AM »
Why do people tht give advise always look like shit  ???

You'd think that of they'd been following such a strict protocol of training/diet/rest they would SOMETHING to show for it. 

PS at my gym, this guy is always talking to the douche bag that won't stop talking...good pair ;D

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 12:12:35 PM »
He was probably a trainer.... ::)