Author Topic: Competition Diet Snacks  (Read 9582 times)

Gottastayfit

• Getbig II
  • Obsessed is how the lazy describe the dedicated.
Competition Diet Snacks
« on: March 30, 2006, 05:43:18 AM »
Ok girls, I need some help... the tuna is killing me! I'm 4wks out and need some suggestions for a morning snack other than tuna. I do the traditional diet with eggs/oatmeal, tuna, chicken/rice, protein shake, chicken/veggies. Any suggestions for that mid-morning snack? As you all know, low fat, low cal, med carbs, high protein. My trainer tells me to "suck it up and just do it" but I'm in hopes some of you girls have experienced the same dilemma and have some suggestions.  ???
Patricia

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
Re: Competition Diet Snacks
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 08:54:26 AM »
Stick w/your diet....you'll be glad you did (are you getting a cheat meal once a week?)

Here are some "snacks" that could help you get through....

sugar free gum (not too many pieces though)

hot tea w/splenda

(sorry, might not seem thrilling but they were to me :-\)

Also, maybe change the flavor of your protein shake every once in a while for a little variety.

Have a great time at your show!
R

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 09:17:49 AM »
Ok girls, I need some help... the tuna is killing me! I'm 4wks out and need some suggestions for a morning snack other than tuna. I do the traditional diet with eggs/oatmeal, tuna, chicken/rice, protein shake, chicken/veggies. Any suggestions for that mid-morning snack? As you all know, low fat, low cal, med carbs, high protein. My trainer tells me to "suck it up and just do it" but I'm in hopes some of you girls have experienced the same dilemma and have some suggestions.  ???

Are you getting any good fats in your diet???  One thing I eat mid-morning is a handful of almonds sometimes with a protein shake.  Sometimes I will also snack on raw veggies just to have something to do.  Like stella said, sf gum and tea...you can try different flavors.  Some girls will have crystal light and maybe sf jello.  It sucks when you actually crave fruit, huh?  Just know that it will all be worth it and 4 weeks will fly by.  Good luck.
Jennifer

Gottastayfit

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 11:55:43 AM »
Thanks so much for the advise and suggestions. Yes the sf gum is a great thing, also I've found Ice Breakers Sours... zero calories! And CQ, I like the quote "Crave the trophy, not the food", definitely keeping that one in mind. Thanks you guys!  :)

Patricia

jennifer1

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • www.teamworksfigurebikini.com
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 08:41:11 AM »
SF popsicles are great!  They do have 15 cals per pop though, so I limit myself to only a couple a day... at least I try to limit myself.... when I am about 2 wks out, I cut them out alltogether.

Bast175

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 02:31:43 PM »
If you don't want to increase calories then:  beef jerky, milk (carbcountdown skim is low calorie and a good source of protein) with instant coffee and splenda.  You can substitute these for a protein shake to keep calories and protein the same, but get some flavor in your diet.

nutrition facts of carb countdown milk: http://www.hphood.com/products/prodDetail.aspx?id=578

Also eat some strawberries or other fruit in place of plain rice.  Fruit are low GI.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 03:10:36 PM »
SF popsicles are great!  They do have 15 cals per pop though, so I limit myself to only a couple a day... at least I try to limit myself.... when I am about 2 wks out, I cut them out alltogether.

That is why I make them myself...with crystal light/sf kool aid.

Works out to be about 1/2 calorie each.

Plus you can't really buy SF popsicles here anyway :-\

jennifer1

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • www.teamworksfigurebikini.com
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 04:12:05 PM »
GASP  :o  Where are you?  I've tried the CL pops too - they're also good...

Alex A

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Alex Azarian
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2006, 01:57:15 PM »
check your local 7-11 for sugar free slurpees. I am very carfull of these though because they taste so dam good it feels like your cheeting!
www.prepbyalex.com
national contender

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2006, 08:13:23 AM »
Stick w/your diet....you'll be glad you did (are you getting a cheat meal once a week?)

Here are some "snacks" that could help you get through....

sugar free gum (not too many pieces though)

hot tea w/splenda

(sorry, might not seem thrilling but they were to me :-\)

Also, maybe change the flavor of your protein shake every once in a while for a little variety.

Have a great time at your show!

lol
Stella ............your snacks sux   :'(

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2006, 11:10:57 AM »
 ;)

Gottastayfit

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 12:02:38 PM »
Thanks Mike... 3wks and 3days... that's the meal I'll be having!
 ;)
Patricia

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2006, 01:01:08 PM »
Thanks Mike... 3wks and 3days... that's the meal I'll be having!
 ;)

me 2 !!!

(9 and 1/2 weeks tho)

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2006, 01:13:23 PM »

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2006, 08:37:04 AM »
Pickles, sugar free jell-o gelatin kind only though not the pudding, also sometimes when your hungry your actuallythirsty, so Tang, and all kinds of crystal light taste real good.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2006, 10:46:12 AM »
Nothing is going to happen to your conditioning if you have like a Banana or something right before or right after your workout, hell you can even have a few pieces of candy before ur workout or something its not going to make a difference.... go get a mini sized snickers and pop 2 before u hit the gym, ur not going to come in out of shape just because of that LOL

No offense intended Muvirse, but I would disagree here..

Gottastayfit....stick to your diet ;)

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2006, 11:14:15 AM »
Im not offended I just dont see how a little snack like that is going to effect anybodys conditioning.. I know people that have gone into competition eating a pastry everyday up until a show and they were still the most ripped person there.

Yeah...there are those lucky types.....also the use of 'supps' in some cases.

For me personally, as a major endomorph, I have to eat very strict and do a disgusting amount of cardio to get show lean >:(

Since I do not know her, what type of physique/metabolism she has, and she is 3/4 weeks out I would just say to err on the side of safety.

Gottastayfit

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2006, 12:18:24 PM »
I really appreciate the replies and suggestions. I'm with you CQ, I have to do my share of cardio twice a day and eat clean. The snicker snack sounds good but I wouldn't even consider it and I truly wish eating a pastry was an option for me.  :P Oh well... 3wks to go and looking at that trophy, think I'll keep it clean and just push thru! Best of luck to fellow competitors, hoping the Jr. USA will be as awesome as last year.  ;)
Patricia

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2006, 12:40:40 PM »
I really appreciate the replies and suggestions. I'm with you CQ, I have to do my share of cardio twice a day and eat clean. The snicker snack sounds good but I wouldn't even consider it and I truly wish eating a pastry was an option for me.  :P Oh well... 3wks to go and looking at that trophy, think I'll keep it clean and just push thru! Best of luck to fellow competitors, hoping the Jr. USA will be as awesome as last year.  ;)

Good attitude and good luck to you- I also don't think it is worth it (the snickers bar) though the thought of it makes me salivate!!! Let us know how you do!
Jennifer

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2006, 01:04:32 PM »
Yeah...Gottastayfit....l et us know how you do. What show are you doing anyway? Fit, Fig, or BB?

I myself am about to begin my diet :-[

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2006, 02:49:52 PM »
Yeah...Gottastayfit....let us know how you do. What show are you doing anyway? Fit, Fig, or BB?

I myself am about to begin my diet :-[

What are you getting ready for?  Will I see you somewhere this year?  Have a good last cheat meal for all of us already going through it!!!
Jennifer

Bast175

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2006, 02:54:05 PM »
CQ is tryin to stay low key BEAST.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2006, 03:15:04 PM »
CQ is tryin to stay low key BEAST.

Only with males Bast, not my [few] other female board members ;D

What are you getting ready for?  Will I see you somewhere this year?  Have a good last cheat meal for all of us already going through it!!!

I am having many last good cheat meals ;)
I have 3 shows this year but my main one will be the IFBB Women's World Championships in Spain. I am also toying with the idea of doing an NPC show in the US just for the hell of it...having not competed in the NPC before.

absent

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2006, 03:17:54 PM »
Women are weak, they need "diet snacks", hahahaha, pathetic, hahahahahaha.

Bast175

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2006, 03:40:03 PM »
Women are weak, they need "diet snacks", hahahaha, pathetic, hahahahahaha.

Is that why you date men only?