Author Topic: Was Flex Wheeler Lazy?  (Read 26090 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Was Flex Wheeler Lazy?
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2006, 10:39:02 PM »
Unfortunately, I read his book and the book should be in the fiction section.  He claimed that he was getting something like $50,000 per guest appearance, owned a 50,000 sq. foot home, and put on 80 lbs as a teenager in a couple of months when he first starting juicing.  There were other ridiculous things in his book but those things just stood out as the most absurd.  I lost all respect for him after reading his book.  If anyone is thinking of buying it, don't waste your money.

In his Hardbody vid he talks about a house that is "3/4 of million dollars...makin' that money work for me" In his Mass Construction video, he shows you his new house and that he is adding a pool to it. So it is believable what he talks about. You have to realize in the early to mid 90's he was getting six figures from Weider, How much, I don't know, but it was  under 400K at it's max, and that is minus his winnings from contests.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2006, 04:24:58 AM »
You obviously haven't read his book -there's pictures of him in that before he started training.  ;)

Anybody got the pics?

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2006, 07:22:50 AM »
Name escapes me, but on the cover is a close-up pic of him kneeling (humbled amost). Rico McZClinton narrates it, and out of the three videos that Flex has, this is the most intense (and supposedly he wasn't on  the jiuce)

"Pure Resistance" is the name of the vid, Flex trained his ass off in that one ( compared to the first vid)

craig213

• Getbig II
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2006, 04:12:20 AM »
At the 06' Iron Man, I overheard Shawn Ray say he couldnt workout with Flex.  He said he has never met someone that could drain so much energy from him in the gym. 

max1978

• Getbig I
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2006, 09:52:07 AM »
pure resistence is the video in which he trained "natural"..2002

Freakzilla_2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2006, 01:02:10 PM »
He was on HRT while prepping for the 02 Olympia.  Not really sure on the dosage, but apparently his bodies natural testoterone production shut down cause of all the years of use and abuse.  But when he did the 03 Ironman he was back on, and that's when he hurt himself and competed for the last time.  Supposedly, he wanted to be more marketable and make more money with the way he used to look.  Well you know the rest of the story.... :-\

As far as being lazy....I dunno.  I mean you can't build a physique like that being lazy.  Maybe he didn't train as hard as some other pro's, but I don't think he was lazy at all when it came to getting ready for show's.

Flex's God given genetics.....drugs...con test guru's....trainers....and some decent training.  BAM!!!  Then you have one of the greatest bb'ers of all time.

Freak 8)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2006, 01:20:13 PM »
Flex's God given genetics.....drugs...con test guru's....trainers....and some decent training.  BAM!!!  Then you have one of the greatest bb'ers of all time.

WORD.

BallzDeep69

« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2006, 02:04:23 PM »
If you compare him to a maniac like Ronnie Coleman he might seem lazy (as do 99.99% of all of humanity), but no pro bodybuilder is 'lazy' no matter how genetically gifted or drugged-up they are; it just takes too many years (even decades) of consistent dedication regarding one's training and eating habits to look like that...

And everyone knows Ronnie is over-doing it when it comes to training.  Hitting each bodypart heavy twice a week?  Come on now, and you wonder why Ronnie has a torn lat, tricep, and quad muscle.

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Jeremiah 29:11-13
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2006, 07:09:56 PM »
Flex is definitely NOT lazy!

Nuttin' but hatin' goin' on here.

NO ONE can train with Charles Glass and be lazy.

It's impossible to place in the top 5 at the Olympia and be lazy.

I challange anyone on this board that claims Flex is lazy to DIET and TRAIN for a show.

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Jeremiah 29:11-13
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2006, 07:14:32 PM »
LAZY?????????

BallzDeep69

« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2006, 01:17:08 AM »
^ THAT DEFINETLY DOES NOT LOOK LAZY TO ME!

BIATCHES!!!  ahh HAHAHAHA!   

WOOO!

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2006, 07:31:02 AM »
if you ever caLLED FLEX LAZY IN PEERSON HE WOULD SMASH YOU IN THE FACE.
P

BallzDeep69

« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2006, 11:16:50 PM »
if you ever caLLED FLEX LAZY IN PEERSON HE WOULD SMASH YOU IN THE FACE.

Seriously he was a hot head back when he was ON, but it is part of his personality so I bet he still is.  Not to mention the fact that he's black belt in whatever, don't know what degree probably 3 or 4 degree black belt by now.  You don't get to that level without being a bad-motha fucka!

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2006, 05:40:33 AM »
Synthol=lazy.  Pure and simple.  At least with roids you have to train but making your delts and arms bigger with oil and training light does constitute laziness.

That was by 99, when he realized he couldn't match Ronnie in terms of size, Flex decided to commit a "syn" and go the cartoonish route.
At least he looked good with it, and never went overboard.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2006, 07:35:37 PM »
I wouldn't call him lazy.  Coleman made an interesting comment about Flex years ago.  Said one of the major differences between the two was Coleman loves to train, whereas Flex doesn't. 

BallzDeep69

« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2006, 07:40:01 PM »
It looked pretty ridiculous by 98.  His delts completely overpowered his chest. So does Royce Gracie but a brawler/wrestler like Matt Hughes beat the shit out of him.  Honestly, martial arts does not necessarily win street fights or bar fights.  I have heard a few stories of people with black belts getting knocked out from once punch.

Yeah but Gracie is a skinny litte mexican bitch, and Matt Hughes is a meso-morphic all-american with crazy brute strength and submission skills.

Flex with the skills he has will most likely whoop some ass against the average bodybuilder without any formal fighting experience.  Or the average net geek who talks shit about him.

Of course black belts can get knocked out with a punch in the face.  I could knock out Chuck Norris if I got the shot.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2006, 07:35:03 AM »
He's Brazilian and he is the submission master, not Hughes.  That's what Jui Jitsu is all about.  As far as Flex, I think you take a crazy scrapper and he takes Flex to the ground, Flex would lose hard.  He does martial arts with kicks and stuff and in a controlled setting he would beat an average guy but out in a bar he could easily lose. 

Flex was talking in MD Mag one time of some dude who was trying to start some mess with him at a local bbing show, Flex was thinking about doing a "Tiger's Paw" to the dude, and Paranthesis Devers (Gail Devers bro, who is a bber broke  it up. Him. Paul Dillett and Paranthesis Devers, went looking for the dude afterward. Can you imagine having Flex, Devers, and PAUL DILLETT looking to beat your ass?       

BallzDeep69

« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2006, 09:05:05 AM »
I read somewhere on here that Dorian bitched Dillet onstage and Dillet took it like a little girl.  Considering that Dorian got punched out I think we can assume this: guy who punched out Dorian < Dorian < Dillet.

What?  Who the hell punched out Dorian?  Dorian was def. a scrapper in his earlier days, and just one look at him says it all.  He's a hardass.  Look at his face!

Bodies

• Getbig III
« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2006, 02:53:12 PM »
I read somewhere on here that Dorian bitched Dillet onstage and Dillet took it like a little girl.  Considering that Dorian got punched out I think we can assume this: guy who punched out Dorian < Dorian < Dillet.

Dorian "bitched" Dillet onstage?  How did he "bitch" him exactly? (other than totally owning him on back poses)

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2006, 04:59:26 PM »
It was a year or two ago if I'm not mistaken.  Apparently he got punched int he face and had a shiner to show for it.

Dude sucker-punched him, he was hired by a promoter than an "issue" with Dorian. Dude was a MMA competitor
He shoved him at one of the Olympias.

Dillett owed him on stage at the 1993 Mr. O, during the posedown Dorian was doing some poses and Dillett got right in front o him and did a lat spread (as bad as Dillett's was it eclipse Dorian while in front of him)

Flex and Ray tried shoving Ronnie at the 99 O, but Ronnie moved "Oilboy" and Playa aside like little kids

JKDMan

• Getbig IV
  • The G.O.A.T.
« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2006, 03:40:54 PM »

What?  Who the hell punched out Dorian?  Dorian was def. a scrapper in his earlier days, and just one look at him says it all.  He's a hardass.  Look at his face!
I believe Dorian showed up at another function last year with a black eye. Apparently there has been more than one occasion in recent years where Dorian was on the losing end of a fight.  :D
Lee

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2006, 09:06:49 PM »
Lotsa Playa Hating going on in this thread....Flex did the damn thing.  No doubt about it....If he hadn't doubted himself so much and felt better about himself I believe he would have won a Sandow.  It wasn't laziness so much as it was a lack of confidence.

Slick Vic

« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2006, 07:36:13 PM »
Oil in muscles=lazy. 

Sorry - it made him look awesome!  :-*

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2006, 08:07:19 PM »
Story about ninjas preventing him from doing the 97 O=lazy but creative.
HAHAHA ???
bodybuildersreality.com

MRMD2003

• Getbig II
« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2006, 04:50:31 PM »
no oooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooo HOW YOU CAN BE LAZY AND A PHYSIQUE LIKE THAT  . DON'T GIVE THAT BS THAT IT'S ALL DRUG'S !!!