Author Topic: Was Flex Wheeler Lazy?  (Read 26092 times)

Bodies

• Getbig III
Re: Was Flex Wheeler Lazy?
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2006, 02:02:19 AM »
Flex was talking in MD Mag one time of some dude who was trying to start some mess with him at a local bbing show, Flex was thinking about doing a "Tiger's Paw" to the dude, and Paranthesis Devers (Gail Devers bro, who is a bber broke  it up. Him. Paul Dillett and Paranthesis Devers, went looking for the dude afterward. Can you imagine having Flex, Devers, and PAUL DILLETT looking to beat your ass?       

Can you imagine how cracked out you have to be to name your kid Paranthesis?

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2006, 03:25:55 AM »
wheeler was a bit lazy..ift any one does not believe me just go and watch bfto 1996 where flex trains legs..damn it seems like he is half asleep while doing his workouts...
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2006, 10:06:08 AM »
Hell no, He only had to do what he had to to. And look where it got him. The man is a legend in the sport of bodybuilding.
-

leycus 101

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2006, 10:25:12 AM »
Unless you were his training partner how the hell would u know anything...
pump'em dump'em

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2006, 02:04:21 PM »
Because you f-ing moron........ The man was great. So if he trained lazy big f-ing deal! Every time he hit the stage he looked awesome. Who the fuck are you to come on here and knock one of the greatest bodybuilders of all time? "If it aint broke....Don't fix it" and that goes for Flex too.  Whatever the hell he did....it worked, and worked well.
-

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2006, 03:32:34 PM »
Because you f-ing moron........ The man was great. So if he trained lazy big f-ing deal! Every time he hit the stage he looked awesome. Who the f**k are you to come on here and knock one of the greatest bodybuilders of all time? "If it aint broke....Don't fix it" and that goes for Flex too.  Whatever the hell he did....it worked, and worked well.
I agree...theres no way he was Lazy. My brother is lazy and he sure don't look like flex wheeler.
bodybuildersreality.com

Stealth_94

• Getbig I
« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2006, 09:15:26 AM »
Wouldn't it be nice if he would make a comeback? If Don Long can, why not he?

leycus 101

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #82 on: September 21, 2006, 09:18:56 AM »
Wouldn't it be nice if he would make a comeback? If Don Long can, why not he?

becuz he might care about his health
pump'em dump'em

ILLICON

• Getbig II
« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2006, 06:17:36 PM »
how can you call the man lazy. he has gone down as one of the greatest bodybuilders ever and hes getting shit because he didnt turn out to be the greatest ever

I agree...theres no way he was Lazy. My brother is lazy and he sure don't look like flex wheeler.

he was a genetic freak dude, fucked up problem with kidneys and producing hormones.. he trained half as hard as the rest, which is why he got half of the results.

leycus 101

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2006, 08:04:56 AM »
he was a genetic freak dude, fucked up problem with kidneys and producing hormones.. he trained half as hard as the rest, which is why he got half of the results.

wow, one of the greatest bb's to grace the earth and he got half the
results?? Dont think so.
pump'em dump'em

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2006, 10:48:05 AM »

wow, one of the greatest bb's to grace the earth and he got half the
results?? Dont think so.
I think he means half the results of his genetic potential. But you can say that about anyone. Maybe Lee Haney only reached half of his genetic potential. But, there is no way flex wheeler was lazy, it takes alot to look like that...you can't just be a freak with good genitics and take the drugs. It takes effort to become anything.
bodybuildersreality.com

leycus 101

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2006, 11:03:48 AM »
I think he means half the results of his genetic potential. But you can say that about anyone. Maybe Lee Haney only reached half of his genetic potential. But, there is no way flex wheeler was lazy, it takes alot to look like that...you can't just be a freak with good genitics and take the drugs. It takes effort to become anything.

I agree with you... Haney retired at what 32?  Who knows how many more olympias he could have won.  As far as drugs go, you still have to lift the weights in order to get big.  And with genetics, genetics help w/ the overall look of a person, but again you still have to bust your ass in order to look like flex did...
pump'em dump'em

ILLICON

• Getbig II
« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2006, 03:13:34 PM »
What I'm saying is that flex didn't train nearly as hard as others did.. and that's why he didn't get further

leycus 101

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2006, 03:27:39 PM »
What I'm saying is that flex didn't train nearly as hard as others did.. and that's why he didn't get further

what the hell are you taliing about?  Flex is probably in the top 3-5 bb's of all time.  Just cuz he didnt win the mr olympia doesnt mean he is lazy.. check his contest record and then tell me where he was lazy.
pump'em dump'em

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2006, 03:32:13 PM »
Flex Wheeler was not lazy. there game over.
bodybuildersreality.com

leycus 101

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2006, 03:36:24 PM »
Flex Wheeler was not lazy. there game over.

:-X ;D
pump'em dump'em

D-bol

• Getbig IV
  • Its only hard if you make it hard.
« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2006, 08:28:49 AM »
whats the difference if he was or was not lazy...
he was one of the best bbers ever, thats what counts...if he got there by slacking in the gym...well, fuk me, wish I could do same - slack training and look as stunning as he was...

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2006, 12:48:03 PM »
whats the difference if he was or was not lazy...
he was one of the best bbers ever, thats what counts...if he got there by slacking in the gym...well, f**k me, wish I could do same - slack training and look as stunning as he was...

me too!
X

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #93 on: October 17, 2006, 11:49:30 PM »
Kidneys--liver--Heart--these things don't just get diseased overnight...He was probably having kidney problems for years and didn't even know it...That alone could make anyone tired all the time...If you really take a look at the pros and even national level comp/today, alot of them are walking zombies...And its not just because of the weight they carry...

Joe Rogan from Fear Factor has stated that he gets alot of beefed up guys that try out for the show and during the physical, they find quite a few guys that have heart problems that they didn't even know they had...Maybe even saving some of these guys lives...