Author Topic: Dow Crash Coming To Your 401k (Part 2)  (Read 24211 times)

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
Re: Dow Crash Coming To Your 401k (Part 2)
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2016, 01:01:24 PM »
Last I heard, the Dow is up today. The uncertainty of the presidential election causing the Dow to tank ended up being just a momentary blip.

Just like Brexit.

The markets just reflect people's insecurity and reaction to quick change.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2016, 07:31:31 PM »
The market tanked in late 2007 at a tad under 8000 and has been on a steady rebound since , sitting at 18,000 +/-.
I'm in the bond market and not too worried right now.
Ouch...I hope they are short duration, you're going to need itk

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2016, 08:51:25 PM »
Market continues to hold support while waiting on election results. I anticipate a large selloff if Trump were to be victorious.

-NT

financials surge after Trump election upset

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/09/us-markets.html

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2016, 11:24:54 PM »
Remember the statement: "We will have so much winning if I get elected that you may get bored with the winning!" It seems like we already started  ;D

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2016, 03:46:58 AM »
Remember the statement: "We will have so much winning if I get elected that you may get bored with the winning!" It seems like we already started  ;D

Winning ;D

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2016, 06:54:40 AM »
The day after Donald Trump’s unexpected win in the U.S. presidential election, one of Hillary Clinton’s biggest billionaire supporters had the best day on the stock market of any American tycoon.

A rise in Berkshire Hathaway shares added $1.7 billion to Warren Buffett’s fortune on Wednesday, bringing his total net worth to $68 billion, according to FORBES estimates. That gain plus another $2 billion rise in his fortune between Friday and Tuesday was enough to make Buffett once again the third richest person in the world, behind Microsoft cofounder Bill Gates and Zara founder Amancio Ortega and ahead of Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, who had unseated Buffett earlier this year.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/katevinton/2016/11/09/trumps-win-meant-billion-dollar-gains-for-warren-buffett-and-losses-for-jeff-bezos/#17e7cfff5e6b

Warren Buffett owes Trump an apology and gratitude.  

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2016, 07:00:42 AM »
The day after Donald Trump’s unexpected win in the U.S. presidential election, one of Hillary Clinton’s biggest billionaire supporters had the best day on the stock market of any American tycoon.

A rise in Berkshire Hathaway shares added $1.7 billion to Warren Buffett’s fortune on Wednesday, bringing his total net worth to $68 billion, according to FORBES estimates. That gain plus another $2 billion rise in his fortune between Friday and Tuesday was enough to make Buffett once again the third richest person in the world, behind Microsoft cofounder Bill Gates and Zara founder Amancio Ortega and ahead of Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, who had unseated Buffett earlier this year.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/katevinton/2016/11/09/trumps-win-meant-billion-dollar-gains-for-warren-buffett-and-losses-for-jeff-bezos/#17e7cfff5e6b

Warren Buffett owes Trump an apology and gratitude.  

Maybe Hillary was a Wall St. plant?!  :o :o :o :o :o
a

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2016, 08:43:48 AM »
financials surge after Trump election upset

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/09/us-markets.html

Uh oh.  El Profeta is back to keep Neurotoxin aka Mons Venus (who believes in the 9/11 conspiracy theory) honest.  Do not mess with El Profeta.   :)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2016, 10:38:59 AM »
Uh oh.  El Profeta is back to keep Neurotoxin aka Mons Venus (who believes in the 9/11 conspiracy theory) honest.  Do not mess with El Profeta.   :)

LOL   ;D

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2016, 11:09:12 AM »

Considering that Charlie Sheen used "winning, winning, winning" as his trademark, it doesn't inspire confidence in me LOL

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2016, 05:56:26 AM »
Market continues to hold support while waiting on election results. I anticipate a large selloff if Trump were to be victorious.

-NT

The stock market rally continued for a second day after Donald Trump beat Hillary Clinton, a reaction few expected.

"The Dow rose 218 points Thursday and closed at a record high for the second day in a row."

http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/10/investing/markets-stocks-donald-trump-rally/index.html

WINNING

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2016, 04:43:45 PM »
Considering that Charlie Sheen used "winning, winning, winning" as his trademark, it doesn't inspire confidence in me LOL

I'm up for a win. This house remodel gets more expensive by the day.  >:(

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2016, 06:18:51 PM »
Hillary supporter, Warren Buffet saw his portfolio value rise over $5 Billion, since Trump was elected. Buffet is now the 2nd richest person again, moving up several spaces, on the Bloomberg list of richest people.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2016, 07:23:15 AM »
One Week Later...

a

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2016, 09:02:03 AM »
The market is exactly where it was four months ago, fact, not opinion. This rally was a whole lotta show and no go.

If the market is set up for a downturn, it's gonna happen regardless of who's in the White House.

The market has done very well during Obama's term. Do you really think this is because Obama is an economic and financial genius? LOL.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2016, 10:54:56 AM »
The market is exactly where it was four months ago, fact, not opinion. This rally was a whole lotta show and no go.

If the market is set up for a downturn, it's gonna happen regardless of who's in the White House.

The market has done very well during Obama's term. Do you really think this is because Obama is an economic and financial genius? LOL.

The Dow did well under Obama, that was the show and no go. The much larger Nasdaq hasn't matched earlier highs. Between Obama and Hillary, drugs and biotech took a beating. So did energy stocks. Lower corporate tax rates will bring back the general market, and improve Main Street, as well as Wall Street.

Instead of taxing corporate income from foreign countries, we should be rewarding US based corporations, for bringing more income into the USA, by not taxing such income at all. Then, those corporations wouldn't be hiding that income, quite legally mind you, in foreign tax havens. Trump is proposing tax cuts that will makes some of those reforms possible, much to the benefit of the US economy, and the US markets generally.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2016, 02:05:28 PM »

This has been and is a fed propped market. There is little return to be had outside the market so many conservative investors have jumped in.

Interest rates begin to move up and the market will come down.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2016, 08:03:53 PM »
It's not too difficult to see that the trend will be down for a new president. It's been 8 year cycles for big down periods and certainly no reason to think this time will be different as all the numbers are on shaky fundamentals. The fact remains that wage growth has been stagnant and demand is mostly lower but that has not hit the market yet. Overstaying your welcome at record highs has consequences as it can't be sustained forever.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2016, 11:39:07 AM »

-NT

Stunning! Dow hits new high of 19,000 as Trump rally continues

"The Dow Jones Industrial Average hit a new record high Tuesday morning just above 19,000 as the stunning market rally since the election of Donald Trump continues on Wall Street.."

http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/22/investing/dow-trump-19000-stocks-alltime-highs/index.html

WINNING

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2016, 11:46:37 AM »
Stunning! Dow hits new high of 19,000 as Trump rally continues

"The Dow Jones Industrial Average hit a new record high Tuesday morning just above 19,000 as the stunning market rally since the election of Donald Trump continues on Wall Street.."

http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/22/investing/dow-trump-19000-stocks-alltime-highs/index.html

WINNING

El Profeta bringing the pain.   :)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2016, 11:50:36 AM »
El Profeta bringing the pain.   :)

LOL   ;D

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2016, 11:15:55 AM »
Needless to say... this is going past 20,000 soon.

And then there will be a correction.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2016, 07:25:52 PM »
Needless to say... this is going past 20,000 soon.

And then there will be a correction.

My 401k is up 8% since the election.  Dizzying.  I'll need to park some in some bond funds before the correction.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2016, 12:04:12 PM »
My 401k is up 8% since the election.  Dizzying.  I'll need to park some in some bond funds before the correction.
Don't do that, move to cash if you want out. Interest rates have lead to one of the worst downturns in bonds in years

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2016, 12:49:24 PM »

Why not move it into this fund?  As long as you leave it there for at least seven years, you'll most likely double your money.

Vanguard 500 Index Fund Admiral Shares (VFIAX)
https://personal.vanguard.com/us/funds/snapshot?FundId=0540&FundIntExt=INT