Author Topic: Mr. Olympia Germany - Most Stupid decision  (Read 5364 times)

Rajkapoor

• Getbig III
Mr. Olympia Germany - Most Stupid decision
« on: October 18, 2016, 09:24:20 AM »
http://www.musclesportmag.com/2016/08/22/watering-down-the-olympia/

Another Mr. Olympia in Germany on Oct 21. Everyone know how foolish IFBB could be sometime but this surpass all of insane decisions they every made together. The rumours has it that IFBB is splitting. Jim Manion IFBB pro league president wants to go his way and Arnold along with IFBB international president Rafeal Santonja other way. This could be end of pro bodybuilding era in few year time.

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
  • PALUMBOISM DESTROYED BODYBUILDING!
Re: Most Stupid decision in the history of IFBB
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 09:55:32 AM »
Maybe is the best thing could ever happen !!!
Just imagine if everybody leave that greedy scumbag IFBB league of Jim Manion and follow the Rafeal Santonya and Arnold IFBB international league.  ;)

Rajkapoor

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 10:35:29 AM »

everyone is greedy to some extend.i would not run the show if i am not making any money.i think its bad news for bodybuilding.it will end up bodybuilders taking side with each Fed...zero credibility of Mr Olympia.why dont these greedy girls wise up put aside their differences and work together like they were doing in past.Everyone knows things will change after both Weider brothers gone but this is quicker than i thought.

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 01:31:50 PM »
If professional bodybuilding went away, would anyone miss it?
•

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 01:33:03 PM »
         phil heath for one. ::)
F

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Mr. Olympia Germany - Most Stupid decision
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 01:37:48 PM »

So... the Arnold Classic now has six shows around the year.   

And you are mad because the promoters of the Olympia want to have some more shows.

As long as there is prize money for the bodybuilders and fans want to go, it is all good.

In the past, they had the Grand Prix Bodybuilding Contests in different countries after the O.  This is just a different way of doing it.

It is all good...

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2016, 02:01:06 PM »

And you are mad because the promoters of the Olympia want to have some more shows.

As long as there is prize money for the bodybuilders and fans want to go, it is all good.

In the past, they had the Grand Prix Bodybuilding Contests in different countries after the O.  This is just a different way of doing it.

It is all good...

Same folks who thought interleague play would ruin baseball.
•

light weight baby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2016, 03:28:42 PM »

i'd miss rolley

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2016, 04:07:51 PM »
Ron,, and all. There appears to be a lot more to this than is presently evident.

Possibly strong disagreements among the principal players.

My big question for Ron is ..... Will all these national and international events still be run under the sanction of the IFBB?

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2016, 06:01:22 PM »
Stupid name. The Grand Prix is fine, but MR O, is supposed to be the Superbowl of BB.  THere can on be one superbowl.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2016, 07:29:14 PM »
So when's the gay hebro midget amputee SchmOelympia coming?

There's only one Olympia and that's with a "Mr." in front of it. Too bad a non-gay hebro midget non-amputee keeps w(h)inning it.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2016, 09:27:37 PM »
Ron,, and all. There appears to be a lot more to this than is presently evident.

Possibly strong disagreements among the principal players.

My big question for Ron is ..... Will all these national and international events still be run under the sanction of the IFBB?

They are all sanctioned by the IFBB Pro League, yes.

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2016, 08:05:45 AM »

In the past, they had the Grand Prix Bodybuilding Contests in different countries after the O.  This is just a different way of doing it.

It is all good...

I've said this before and I'll say it again. They should not have ever named it Mr. Olympia Europe. The name Mr. Olympia only belongs to ONE person every year. Here's a copy-paste of my post on this subject on another board:
I think they should have named it the European Olympia Grand Prix or AMI European Championships or something, not fucking Mr. Olympia Europe. This isn't the AC where you can have multiple titles for multiple winners. Its the fucking OLYMPIA. Its supposed to determine the best bodybuilder in the world. Now we'll have 2 guys claiming they're Mr. Olympia. We'll have Bob Chic and Dave Palumbo talk about how such and such "has an Olmypia title, even if its not the Vegas one, so he's a legit contender" or some stupidity like that.

Joe Roark

• Expert
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2016, 08:28:41 AM »
The Olympia brand should not be diluted. The Arnold Classic is now dispersed, but I suspect most who follow the game still consider the Columbus winner 'THE' winner based on the purse and prestige.

Too often in the past in the AAU, NABBA and IFBB, someone who wins a class in a contest declares himself 'the' winner. Some have called themselves Mr. America, when in fact they won one of the divisions, but not the overall. So, hopefully those who win an Arnold will fully describe which Arnold they won. Likewise the Olympia.

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2016, 08:30:21 AM »

This will take away the prestige of Mr. Olympia title.

Sad and definitely bad decision.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2016, 08:35:37 AM »
Terrible decision. Look how all of the Arnold offshoots have diluted the prestige of the contest held in Columbus every year.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2016, 08:44:26 AM »
In the past there were several competing bodybuilding federations.

Also, having the Olympia as a global event in different countries is much more interesting and would help regain some glamour to the event.

Charlys69

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2016, 08:52:40 AM »
what would Joe Weider say in (BB-Heaven) to this decision... :-\.

but itīs not called Mr. Olympia Germany....itīs Mr. Olympia Europe (held in Dortmund/Germany next Weekend).

When Dexter Jackson wins he could claim, "iīm the best Bodybuilder ever, cause i won 3 different kinds of Mr. Olympiaīs....the real Olympia, the Masters Olympia, and this Mr. Olympia Europe.

If there is 1 Title i donīt like to "split" than itīs the Mr. Olympia. The Man who decided to give that Name to that "German Grand Prix" disrespected Joe Weider, the founder of Mr. Olympia.

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2016, 11:35:49 AM »
The Mr Olympia title means jack shit in the real world.

In the mainstream culture you hear the phrase "Mr Universe" mentioned far more than Mr Olympia.

Good riddance to the fools that never lifted this "sport" from the schmoe realm of drug abuse and nepotism.
•

Rajkapoor

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2016, 03:18:32 PM »
Stupid name. The Grand Prix is fine, but MR O, is supposed to be the Superbowl of BB.  THere can on be one superbowl.
spot on.

Rajkapoor

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2016, 03:24:08 PM »
The Mr Olympia title means jack shit in the real world.

In the mainstream culture you hear the phrase "Mr Universe" mentioned far more than Mr Olympia.

Good riddance to the fools that never lifted this "sport" from the schmoe realm of drug abuse and nepotism.
real world means following Kardashian for girls like you.bug off

Rajkapoor

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2016, 03:36:32 PM »

It is all good...

Mr Olympia should stay as Superbowl of bodybuilding as judge2 said.Only logical reason of this stupid decision is power struggle between USA and Europe.Manion vs Santonja.American judges are the one who fuck this sports up by awarding big bellies and pushing bodybuilders to run size game at the cost of symmetry.Arnold was the first to criticise Jim Manion(IFBB) publicly after arnold classic.With lee Thompson pushing his court battle from the other side Jim have very little room left to play.IFBB split will end era of bodybuilding forever.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2016, 12:35:39 PM »
RAJAKAPOOR, I know nothing about this particular situation but I do know the 'players' and I think you may have mistaken the names of those principally involved.

By the way ..... Jim has done a hell of a lot of good work for the NPC/IFBB and competitive bodybuilding in general,  but when you are at  the top of the 'heap' you do become an easy target  .... especially by those who know nothing about what he's done on behalf of all concerned.

Don't consider him to be the "bad guy". There will be others involved who may not be wearing the white hat and riding off into the sunset.

Thanks, Raj .... Stunt

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2016, 12:42:48 PM »
Mr. Getbig should have a Pro league...All natural of course...

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2016, 12:48:26 PM »
Are they giving out a Sandow?