Author Topic: President Trump  (Read 83792 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: President Trump
« Reply #500 on: December 28, 2016, 04:32:40 PM »
So you figure the Apprentice "outtakes" recording must be real, since he mentioned "grabbing puussy" in that 05 conversation?

Unless I see or hear the "outtakes" I can't say they are real. Surely there would have been outtakes from the Apprentice. Reality shows are often scripted, otherwise these types of shows would be even more  boring then they are. What I do think is that there is pretty good chance Trump made inappropriate comments. A leopard doesn't change its spots.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #501 on: December 28, 2016, 04:44:16 PM »
When they say 'A-List' it just means the media creations, to me.  That's all.  It sure as fuck doesn't mean the best talent.

Seriously, Lady Gaga.  What the hell is a "LADY GAGA"?   All the no-talent crap is being pushed by the same liars who tried to say Hillary had a "101% chance" or whatever.  The "acts" who "refuse" Trump are backed by the same people behind CNN and the rest.  All the same in mass media.  I'd be very concerned if that crowd wanted to perform for him.

Does your negativity and tendency to think things you don't like, such as the media conspiring to lie, depress you?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #502 on: December 28, 2016, 07:00:41 PM »
Unless I see or hear the "outtakes" I can't say they are real. Surely there would have been outtakes from the Apprentice. Reality shows are often scripted, otherwise these types of shows would be even more  boring then they are. What I do think is that there is pretty good chance Trump made inappropriate comments. A leopard doesn't change its spots.

Yes, I understand.  But this one has been kept awfully quiet if it's indeed so bad.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #503 on: December 28, 2016, 07:01:32 PM »
Does your negativity and tendency to think things you don't like, such as the media conspiring to lie, depress you?

No, I wouldn't say that.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #504 on: December 28, 2016, 07:06:39 PM »
Not at all endorsing, just reporting....

A petition was started to get the husband of the man who harassed Ivanka Trump fired

(the blaze) You’ll recall that earlier this month, a man was kicked off a JetBlue flight for verbally harassing President-elect Donald Trump’s daughter Ivanka Trump as she was with her children.

The husband of man who harassed Ivanka is named is Matt Lasner, and he is a professor at Hunter College. Lasner, before the berating occurred, tweeted out his husband’s intention, but has since deleted the tweet, and his account.

Due to all of this, a petition was started by a man named Brendan Bradley on Change.org calling for the removal of Lasner from his post, and condemns not only the fact that he harassed Ivanka in the presence of her children, but later tried to cover up that it happened.

Matt Lasner’s conduct is a direct representation of Hunter College. We believe his immature and cruel harassment of Ivanka Trump and her family at JFK airport should be met with disciplinary action. The fact that someone who would be involved in such conduct is teaching students is very troubling. We are petitioning that Hunter College take ACTION. Someone like Mr. Lasner, who would harass a mother and her child simply trying to go about their day, does not deserve the honor of teaching. The fact that he tried to cover up and change the story around to avoid the consequences of his actions is also a testament to his character. He is NOT a good example for our youth.

As of this writing, the petition has nearly 30,000 signatures. While the petition was started five days ago, it surpassed various milestones in the thousands within the last 24 hours.

(the blaze)

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #505 on: December 28, 2016, 07:12:34 PM »
Not at all endorsing, just reporting....

A petition was started to get the husband of the man who harassed Ivanka Trump fired

(the blaze) You’ll recall that earlier this month, a man was kicked off a JetBlue flight for verbally harassing President-elect Donald Trump’s daughter Ivanka Trump as she was with her children.

The husband of man who harassed Ivanka is named is Matt Lasner, and he is a professor at Hunter College. Lasner, before the berating occurred, tweeted out his husband’s intention, but has since deleted the tweet, and his account.

Due to all of this, a petition was started by a man named Brendan Bradley on Change.org calling for the removal of Lasner from his post, and condemns not only the fact that he harassed Ivanka in the presence of her children, but later tried to cover up that it happened.

As of this writing, the petition has nearly 30,000 signatures. While the petition was started five days ago, it surpassed various milestones in the thousands within the last 24 hours.

(the blaze)

"the husband of the man"  tells people all they need to know

only good qu33r is a dead qu33r
K

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #506 on: December 28, 2016, 11:07:15 PM »
Yes, I understand.  But this one has been kept awfully quiet if it's indeed so bad.

You're right. It is hard to believe these outtakes aren't available somewhere. From what I've read, it seems they may have been destroyed. Tom Arnold's statements about this matter cannot be substantiated and are therefore not much more than gossip. The best I can do is to say where there's smoke there is usually fire.

It is reasonable to suspect there is some truth to these claims simply because there are so many other recent examples of Trump making denigrating remarks about various people he doesn't like. Could it be that he believes he is so wealthy and powerful, he can get away with making remarks most other people would get fried for.

Honestly, whether true or not, his remarks won't alter the course he's on. It's evident that a lot of folks have no problem with his remarks or his personality. It is all part of the package they are willing to support. Let's hope President Trump can control his outbursts and his need to unthinkingly tweet how he feels at any given moment. What works for Trump the business man won't work for Trump the President. This is a job that demands the ultimate in diplomacy.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #507 on: December 29, 2016, 07:41:07 AM »
They should give a much better appearance of sticking to plans.  Careful with announcement until an idea is fully drawn.

Trump writing own 'short' inaugural speech

(CNN) West Palm Beach, Florida (CNN)President-elect Donald Trump is turning his attention Thursday to crafting a "short" but impactful inaugural address designed not to overly burden the thousands of supporters expected to attend next month's ceremony.

"He wants to write the inaugural himself," said presidential historian Douglas Brinkley, who met with Trump Wednesday to discuss, among other things, the upcoming speech on January 20th.

Trump was expected to spend at least part of his day Thursday at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Florida, working on the speech, according to officials.

"He doesn't want it to be long," Brinkley said on CNN. "He would like it to be a shorter one. He doesn't want people standing out in the cold."

Trump, who initially chafed at the rigid formality of delivering speeches from a Teleprompter, is mindful of the inaugural's role in setting the tone for his upcoming administration, officials say. Until now, his highest-profile speech came at this summer's Republican National Convention. That address was darker in tone, warning of a deteriorating society and touting his ability to fix the country's problems.

Earlier this week, Trump's transition said the President-elect would rely on Stephen Miller, a policy aide who crafted his convention speech, to work on the inaugural address. Brinkley said Trump on Wednesday was intent on drafting the entirety of the speech himself, with input from his team.

Presidents and Presidents-elect typically work jointly with speechwriters to piece together major sets of remarks.

The topics are said to include the education system, infrastructure, border security, the state of the military, the economy and the outsourcing of jobs.

Boris Epshteyn, a spokesman for Trump's inauguration committee, previewed a more optimistic address from Trump and Miller than what was delivered at this summer's convention.

"They will be talking about uniting America, bringing American together. We are now in the post-politics, post-campaign season and that's the messaging around this inaugural," he told CNN on Tuesday. "I'm expecting a great address ... that talks to Americans about dreaming big, about making sure that we are a city on a hill one more time."

Brinkley said Trump recognized the importance of the speech and, more importantly, recognized that it would be a major ratings draw.

More: http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/29/politics/trump-writing-short-inauguration-speech/

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #508 on: December 29, 2016, 07:46:24 AM »
You're right. It is hard to believe these outtakes aren't available somewhere. From what I've read, it seems they may have been destroyed. Tom Arnold's statements about this matter cannot be substantiated and are therefore not much more than gossip. The best I can do is to say where there's smoke there is usually fire.

It is reasonable to suspect there is some truth to these claims simply because there are so many other recent examples of Trump making denigrating remarks about various people he doesn't like. Could it be that he believes he is so wealthy and powerful, he can get away with making remarks most other people would get fried for.

Honestly, whether true or not, his remarks won't alter the course he's on. It's evident that a lot of folks have no problem with his remarks or his personality. It is all part of the package they are willing to support. Let's hope President Trump can control his outbursts and his need to unthinkingly tweet how he feels at any given moment. What works for Trump the business man won't work for Trump the President. This is a job that demands the ultimate in diplomacy.

IMO, the "racist" stuff was something overblown.  The claim of how he spoke of his children, though, might've been a weak spot.  But that's as if any of it is real to begin with... Tom Arnold's word alone is absolutely NOT good enough for me to believe any such thing.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #509 on: December 29, 2016, 07:58:40 AM »
If we are SO fucked as this, though I refuse to believe it: then what's the point?  We're screwed no matter what happens.

The Psychological Toll of a President Trump

At 11 A.M. the morning after the election, Ruth Wittersgreen, a clinical psychologist in Washington, D.C., saw her first patient of the day. She’d been up late the night before, like the rest of the country, watching the returns with mounting horror. And, like most of the rest of the country, she was shellshocked. But she had to keep it together for her clients, for her practice. This was her job.

“That day was the longest day,” she recalls quietly, her exhaustion still palpable a month later. Her first patient, a high-powered woman and member of a minority group “targeted by hateful rhetoric” this cycle, was devastated by the election results, devastated that such a qualified woman lost to someone bearing the flag of misogyny so brazenly. “It was a real trigger for all the hurdles that she, as a minority woman, has had to overcome,” Wittersgreen tells me. After that hourlong session, she saw a patient with obsessive compulsive disorder, who couldn’t get a terrifying loop—what could happen when Donald Trump has his way with the nation’s nuclear arsenal?—out of their head. That week, the week of the election, talk of Trump dominated her sessions. “It was pretty much every hour.”

Wittersgreen specializes in trauma—grief, serious health issues, sexual assault. And yet, in two decades as a psychologist, the past month has been “pretty much the hardest phase of my career,” she tells me. “The amount of fear and grief—I haven't seen anything like it.”

More, lol: http://www.gq.com/story/the-psychological-toll-of-a-president-trump

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #510 on: December 29, 2016, 08:32:19 AM »
What works for Trump the business man won't work for Trump the President. This is a job that demands the ultimate in diplomacy.
Yes, people like you prefer lies and dishonesty and call it "diplomacy"....
Or you would prefer to beat around the bush and continue to have the other nations look down their noses at us as Obama has brought about.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #511 on: December 29, 2016, 08:34:47 AM »
If only Trump had been a Community Organizer and a Senator for a couple of years...

He will never grasp diplomacy now... He's only spent decades building his global business brand.
a

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #512 on: December 29, 2016, 09:03:41 AM »
If only Trump had been a Community Organizer and a Senator for a couple of years...

He will never grasp diplomacy now... He's only spent decades building his global business brand.

Exactly.  And a FOS crook who pauses for five minutes per syllable because he knows how easily prone to lying he is and that he can barely control himself.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #513 on: December 29, 2016, 10:01:48 AM »
Martin Sheen's his dad after all.  And we know "put down the crackpipe" is more than just a saying in this case, but...

Charlie Sheen Wants Donald Trump to Be 2016’s Next Victim

(The Wrap) The year 2016 has seemingly seen an inordinate number of celebrity deaths, but Charlie Sheen took to Twitter to politely ask God if the year can squeeze in President-elect Donald Trump before the New Year.

Charlie Sheen

@charliesheen

Dear God;

Trump next, please!
Trump next, please!
Trump next, please!
Trump next, please!
Trump next, please!
Trump next, please!

🖕🏾

©
8:55 PM - 28 Dec 2016

The actor sent his message, which is currently pinned to his Twitter page, shortly after news broke that famed actress Debbie Reynolds died the day after her daughter, Carrie Fisher, passed away.

The year 2016 has also claimed the lives of Prince, David Bowie, Muhammad Ali, Glenn Frey, Nancy Reagan, Phife Dawg, Harper Lee, Garry Shandling and a ton of other notable celebrities and political figures.

Twitter users, who are presumably sick of hearing about people dying, were quick to rip the actor for the morbid request.

Fox News media guru Howie Kurtz called Sheen’s tweet “sick” and said it should be condemned, while other wondered if the Secret Service will get involved in what could be considered a threat. On user wrote, “Charlie Sheen is now exploiting tragedy as an excuse to attack President-elect Trump. Very sad.”

(The Wrap)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #514 on: December 29, 2016, 11:48:04 AM »
Bristol Palin Savages “Rude” A-Listers Who Donald Trump Says He Does Not Want At His Inauguration

(Deadline) While conservative newser National Review applauds President-elect Donald Trump’s assertion he does not want celebrities at his inauguration, advocating for a celebrity-free January 20 event, former Daughter-of-GOP-VPOTUS-candidate Bristol Palin did not get the memo. She has savaged the  “rude…A-list artists” who have “refused to perform” at Trump’s inauguration.

Meanwhile, this week’s most recent inauguration booking:  televangalist Paula White; pastor of New Destiny Christian Center who once was investigated by the U.S. Senate over fundraising practices. She is scheduled to pray at Trump’s swearing-in ceremony, joining New York Archbishop Timothy Cardinal Dolan and The Rev. Dr. Samuel Rodriguez, president of the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference, according to news reports.

Earlier this month, when media began reporting Trump was having trouble linking up celebs to perform at his swearing in clambake, Trump tweeted that “The so-called ‘A’ list celebrities are all wanting tixs to the inauguration, but look what they did for Hillary, NOTHING. I want the PEOPLE!”

Party convention ratings would seem to support Trump’s strategy, whether born of strategy or necessity. Though the celebrity-stacked Democratic National Convention boasted performances by Demi Lovato, Paul Simon, Alicia Keys, Lenny Kravitz, Carole King, and Katy Perry, among others, ratings for the GOP convention, which was noticeably lacking in celebrity stink, scored the bigger TV crowd — about 30M for the final night compared to 28M for the Dems.

So far, Team Trump has booked teenage America’s Got Talent contestant Jackie Evancho, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and the Rockettes. But, former Dancing with the Stars competitor Bristol Palin noted in her blog, among the slew of celebs who were approached to participate were “mega-stars” Justin Timberlake, Bruno Mars, Katy Perry and Aretha Franklin, who “were apparently offered ambassadorships as a way to entice them to the inauguration, but even that wasn’t enough to lure them in. Trump’s team has denied those accusations, but it doesn’t matter at this point,” Palin wrote sternly. She made no mention of Alec Baldwin’s offer to perform at the ceremony.

(Deadline)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #515 on: December 29, 2016, 01:50:34 PM »
Good.  About time someone investigates the government.  They're supposed to be the public ones, remember, while we're the ones who can remain private.  Nevermind how badly that's been turned around.

Trump team causes tizzy with personnel inquiries to Obama agencies

(FOX) Inquiries from Donald Trump’s transition team to federal agencies about their work on hot-button issues like climate change and 'violent extremism' -- and about the staffers involved -- have spurred questions over what the incoming administration has planned for those programs.

His team, in the roughly seven weeks since the election, has posed such questions to the departments of Energy, State and Homeland Security.

Critics of President-elect Trump have suggested the inquiries are a sign his administration intends to gut key programs and punish the staffers involved. Republican defenders, though, say these concerns are overblown.

“The Democrats are trying to talk about anything other than their own problems, and currently they include stoking faux outrage about President-elect Trump rolling back women's rights and firing bureaucrats who don't agree with his environmental policy,” Republican strategist Joe Desilets said Wednesday.

The inquiries began earlier this month when transition team members submitted 74 questions to the Energy Department regarding climate change and other policy issues, including two about staffers who worked on President Obama’s climate agenda.

Energy officials have pledged to cooperate with the incoming Republican administration but didn’t provide the staffers’ names. The transition team hastily struck the questions, but not before a storm of criticism.

(FOX)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #516 on: December 29, 2016, 02:21:45 PM »
Trump team: ‘Positive' news for workers coming Wednesday

This was an announcement about Sprint (telecom) and 5000 jobs to be in U.S. through them, as well as a potential 3000 jobs creating satellites for another company (one funded by the Japanese billionaire who was in the news with Trump).

It's just showmanship for now.  No problem, though.  It's good.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #517 on: December 29, 2016, 02:29:50 PM »
IMO, the "racist" stuff was something overblown.  The claim of how he spoke of his children, though, might've been a weak spot.  But that's as if any of it is real to begin with... Tom Arnold's word alone is absolutely NOT good enough for me to believe any such thing.

I also don't put much stock in what Tom Arnold says.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #518 on: December 29, 2016, 02:40:36 PM »

Trump has his first presidential portrait

(11-Alive Atlanta) Donald Trump isn't president yet, but he has his first presidential portrait.

C-SPAN revealed it Wednesday as part of its American Presidents Life Portraits exhibit. The network says the painting of the president-elect is the first portrait since he was elected.

North Carolina painter and sculptor Chas Fagan, who has painted all 44 prior presidents for the exhibit, said Trump’s “distinctive brow line” made it hard to depict Trump's eyes.

“One of the more challenging aspects of this specific portrait was President-Elect Trump’s eyes. In most photos, his eyes are in shadow and difficult to see, in part due to his distinctive brow line. But eyes are such a recognizable feature, and necessary to give a portrait warmth and personality, so I worked to give them a bit more prominence.” Fagan concluded that “the result is that we have a softer look into his face than we often get from public media photography."

Fagan said he reviewed multiple photographs of Trump to use as guidance, but he ultimately settled on one from an online advertisement for an upcoming interview because Trump looked more relaxed than usual.

(11-Alive Atlanta)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #519 on: December 29, 2016, 02:44:55 PM »
If we are SO fucked as this, though I refuse to believe it: then what's the point?  We're screwed no matter what happens.

The Psychological Toll of a President Trump

At 11 A.M. the morning after the election, Ruth Wittersgreen, a clinical psychologist in Washington, D.C., saw her first patient of the day. She’d been up late the night before, like the rest of the country, watching the returns with mounting horror. And, like most of the rest of the country, she was shellshocked. But she had to keep it together for her clients, for her practice. This was her job.

“That day was the longest day,” she recalls quietly, her exhaustion still palpable a month later. Her first patient, a high-powered woman and member of a minority group “targeted by hateful rhetoric” this cycle, was devastated by the election results, devastated that such a qualified woman lost to someone bearing the flag of misogyny so brazenly. “It was a real trigger for all the hurdles that she, as a minority woman, has had to overcome,” Wittersgreen tells me. After that hourlong session, she saw a patient with obsessive compulsive disorder, who couldn’t get a terrifying loop—what could happen when Donald Trump has his way with the nation’s nuclear arsenal?—out of their head. That week, the week of the election, talk of Trump dominated her sessions. “It was pretty much every hour.”

Wittersgreen specializes in trauma—grief, serious health issues, sexual assault. And yet, in two decades as a psychologist, the past month has been “pretty much the hardest phase of my career,” she tells me. “The amount of fear and grief—I haven't seen anything like it.”

More, lol: http://www.gq.com/story/the-psychological-toll-of-a-president-trump

There have been good and not-so-good Presidents and we've survived. I take government seriously, but not so much that I'm going to have a nervous breakdown over unknown possibilities. No one can know for sure what kind of President Trump will be. If you base your best guess on his well publicized past behavior, the picture isn't great. On the other hand, Trump may have done some very positive things which weren't publicized because the public is so geared towards negativity and scandal.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #520 on: December 29, 2016, 02:52:54 PM »

Trump has his first presidential portrait

(11-Alive Atlanta) Donald Trump isn't president yet, but he has his first presidential portrait.

C-SPAN revealed it Wednesday as part of its American Presidents Life Portraits exhibit. The network says the painting of the president-elect is the first portrait since he was elected.

North Carolina painter and sculptor Chas Fagan, who has painted all 44 prior presidents for the exhibit, said Trump’s “distinctive brow line” made it hard to depict Trump's eyes.

“One of the more challenging aspects of this specific portrait was President-Elect Trump’s eyes. In most photos, his eyes are in shadow and difficult to see, in part due to his distinctive brow line. But eyes are such a recognizable feature, and necessary to give a portrait warmth and personality, so I worked to give them a bit more prominence.” Fagan concluded that “the result is that we have a softer look into his face than we often get from public media photography."

Fagan said he reviewed multiple photographs of Trump to use as guidance, but he ultimately settled on one from an online advertisement for an upcoming interview because Trump looked more relaxed than usual.

(11-Alive Atlanta)

Besides making Trump's eyes more visible than they are, Chas Fagan made his face slimmer and more elongated. The overall perception is he's much younger looking in the portrait than in real life. As for his eyes, they are a pale shade of blue which some believe is ideal and the most compelling.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #521 on: December 29, 2016, 03:06:23 PM »
I also don't put much stock in what Tom Arnold says.

Exactly.  If all's as said, then he should find a single person (at least) to back him up.  He could use it.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #522 on: December 30, 2016, 05:36:48 AM »
Just to straighten out any confusion about the Rockettes (because I know everyone is just dying to do that).  The Rockettes management have agreed to the Inauguration, even though "many" dancers oppose the idea.  Some say that "most" were against the idea when it was voted.  Individual dancers won't be obligated to perform, despite earlier reports to the contrary.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #523 on: December 30, 2016, 05:45:41 AM »
Besides making Trump's eyes more visible than they are, Chas Fagan made his face slimmer and more elongated. The overall perception is he's much younger looking in the portrait than in real life. As for his eyes, they are a pale shade of blue which some believe is ideal and the most compelling.

Now that you say it, Prime... yeah, I can see it.  You're right.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #524 on: December 30, 2016, 12:43:22 PM »
Do whatever it takes to keep her day-by-day, imo

Trump's longtime gatekeeper may not be heading to DC

(CNN) Donald Trump's longtime secretary Rhona Graff may not be following the President-elect to the White House, according to a source familiar with the decision.

Graff, who sits outside Trump's Trump Tower office as his assistant at the Trump Organization, is considering remaining in New York as her daughter is a junior in high school there.

Trump spokeswoman Hope Hicks insisted that "no decisions have been made" and noted that "Rhona would be a tremendous asset."

Graff has been a gatekeeper of access to the billionaire real estate developer and a constant presence around his business dealings for more than two decades. To reach Trump, business associates and other acquaintances have most often had to go through Graff, who sometimes provided a code system for callers who needed to get through to Trump.

If Trump needs to find a new personal secretary to serve him in the White House that could be an adjustment for the billionaire businessman, who has relied on Graff as a loyal assistant for decades.

Graff, who previously worked in marketing, joined the Trump Organization in 1987 as Trump's secretary and has served in the position since, though her duties have expanded as Trump's trust in her did as well. She currently holds the title of senior vice president and assistant to the president at the Trump Organization.

(CNN)