Author Topic: President Trump  (Read 83780 times)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Re: President Trump
« Reply #525 on: December 30, 2016, 12:45:01 PM »

Beav-Cam

A Rockette Speaks on Inauguration

(Marie Claire) It’s the worst, wonderful time of the year for at least one Rockette.

One of the famed Radio City dancers spoke of discord among ranks in the wake of the company’s agreement to perform at President-elect Donald Trump’s Jan. 20 inauguration.

In an anonymous interview with Marie Claire, the Rockette, going by the pseudonym “Mary,” said she didn’t know of any dancers of color who signed up to perform at the inauguration.

“It’s almost worse to have 18 pretty white girls behind this man who supports so many hate groups,” she told Marie Claire.

“Mary” also noted that many of the dance crew’s wardrobe and makeup staffers are LGBTQ and immigrants. “I feel like dancing for Trump would be disrespecting the men and women who work with us, the people we care about,” she said.

Since it was announced on Dec. 22 that the Rockettes would perform for Trump, “Mary” says she noticed there were more empty seats than normal right before Christmas.

The Rockette told Marie Claire, “Why would they want to pay $100+ for a ticket to support someone who doesn’t support all human rights? Women’s rights?”

She also called the announcement “a horrible bomb to drop on us at Christmas.”

The Rockettes' union, the American Guild of Variety Artists, had told the dancers in a letter that “any talk of boycotting this event is invalid ... if you are full time, you are obligated.”

But Madison Square Garden, which employs the Rockettes, insisted in a statement: “For a Rockette to be considered for an event, they must voluntarily sign up and are never told they have to perform at a particular event, including the inaugural. It is always their choice.”

“Mary” clarified that full-time dancers fell under union obligation rules, while seasonal dancers had the option to volunteer as per MSG. Since the backlash, however, the union has allowed full-timers to opt out — “Mary” said she knew 3 full-time Rockettes who have done so. “It will be interesting to see who doesn’t get their job back,” she said.

When asked if she’s concerned about her own job, despite her current anonymity, “Mary” said, “If I had to lose my job over this, I would. It’s too important. And I think the rest of the performing arts community would happily stand behind me.”

(Marie Claire)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #526 on: December 30, 2016, 01:37:51 PM »
Sometimes you must make sacrifices when standing up for your beliefs. I'm not suggesting a Rockette who opts to not perform at Trump's inauguration be fired. However, if her contract requires her to and her employer fires for breaching the contract, so be it.

Fortunately for the Rockettes, both their employer and their union have chosen give them the option of not performing at the inauguration by letting them volunteer for the gig. It will be interesting to see how many ladies do volunteer.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #527 on: December 30, 2016, 01:53:38 PM »
Sometimes you must make sacrifices when standing up for your beliefs. I'm not suggesting a Rockette who opts to not perform at Trump's inauguration be fired. However, if her contract requires her to and her employer fires for breaching the contract, so be it.

Fortunately for the Rockettes, both their employer and their union have chosen give them the option of not performing at the inauguration by letting them volunteer for the gig. It will be interesting to see how many ladies do volunteer.

It will.  I want to see how that works out.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #528 on: December 30, 2016, 01:55:41 PM »
You think there is a little Democratic birdie on these Rockettes' shoulders? Promising tv interviews and money to not perform, just to make Trump look bad.
a

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #529 on: December 30, 2016, 02:03:02 PM »
You think there is a little Democratic birdie on these Rockettes' shoulders? Promising tv interviews and money to not perform, just to make Trump look bad.

Good point, and I wouldn't doubt it at all.  Sorry to have to say it.  

There has been very little said about the opposition... very little... and from quite few sources, considering the subject.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #530 on: December 30, 2016, 02:10:43 PM »

It is similar to that christian clerk Kim Davis (more so for her since she is a state/county employee) who refused to signed marriage licenses because it was "against her beliefs". Some of these people seem to live in a bubble where everything revolves around their "feelings" and "beliefs" and once they are triggered they should be given total freedom to act how they want. The reality is if someone employs you, you can a) fulfill your duties promptly and professionally or b) quit/get fired. These ladies are lucky their employer offers them the option to volunteer. I don't know the employer's political leanings but it is a shame his/her employees politicize the issue like this. It seems they have a union too? That is a surprise.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #531 on: December 30, 2016, 02:14:12 PM »

Anything is possible. Not everything is a conspiracy.  Have you considered those choosing not to perform just plain don't like Trump regardless of party affiliation? People should stand up for what they believe to be right. We supposedly live in a democracy. It is very possible that "making Trump look bad" is not why they are doing this.

Your question implies that all Republican women supported Trump and that is ludicrous.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #532 on: December 30, 2016, 02:27:24 PM »
It is similar to that christian clerk Kim Davis (more so for her since she is a state/county employee) who refused to signed marriage licenses because it was "against her beliefs". Some of these people seem to live in a bubble where everything revolves around their "feelings" and "beliefs" and once they are triggered they should be given total freedom to act how they want. The reality is if someone employs you, you can a) fulfill your duties promptly and professionally or b) quit/get fired. These ladies are lucky their employer offers them the option to volunteer. I don't know the employer's political leanings but it is a shame his/her employees politicize the issue like this. It seems they have a union too? That is a surprise.

Standing up for what you believe often has consequences, so with respect to that it is similar to Kim Davis' choice. There are also some significant differences between these two examples. "Davis is an elected official and can’t be “fired” in the traditional sense of the word. She does not have a boss and can only be removed from office if she is impeached by the Kentucky legislature or charged with misconduct by the state’s attorney general." https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2015/09/02/why-hasn-kentucky-clerk-been-fired/CK144JlAy5nttNM12uHaoJ/story.html

Why do you Rocketts being in a union surprising? Unions are prevalent in the entertainment industry. Those who are not in the union either opted out or are recent hires.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #533 on: December 30, 2016, 02:34:04 PM »
Standing up for what you believe often has consequences, so with respect to that it is similar to Kim Davis' choice. There are also some significant differences between these two examples. "Davis is an elected official and can’t be “fired” in the traditional sense of the word. She does not have a boss and can only be removed from office if she is impeached by the Kentucky legislature or charged with misconduct by the state’s attorney general." https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2015/09/02/why-hasn-kentucky-clerk-been-fired/CK144JlAy5nttNM12uHaoJ/story.html

Why do you Rocketts being in a union surprising? Unions are prevalent in the entertainment industry. Those who are not in the union either opted out or are recent hires.

That (being elected and thus can't be fired) is what made the Kim Davis case different and unfortunate too. But Davis was also not working for a private company but for the county office which carries more weight. What is ironic is that up until that event she was a Democrat too.
The comment about the union was sarcastic.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #534 on: December 30, 2016, 03:02:53 PM »
That (being elected and thus can't be fired) is what made the Kim Davis case different and unfortunate too. But Davis was also not working for a private company but for the county office which carries more weight. What is ironic is that up until that event she was a Democrat too.
The comment about the union was sarcastic.

I didn't miss the sarcasm, just thought some folks who haven't experience with the entertainment industry might find it interesting. Anyone who has worked in unionized entertainment know just how powerful these unions are. A long time ago, I worked as a grip on the Big Valley set. The pay and benefits were amazing.

Democrats can have "Christian values" too. Did she become a Republican after the event?

Politicians create protections for themselves because most want to stay in their jobs indefinitely. Whether this is a good thing or a bad thing is arguable. Term limits legislation comes up often and never seems to go anywhere.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #535 on: December 30, 2016, 03:06:05 PM »
I didn't miss the sarcasm, just thought some folks who haven't experience with the entertainment industry might find it interesting. Anyone who has worked in unionized entertainment know just how powerful these unions are. A long time ago, I worked as a grip on the Big Valley set. The pay and benefits were amazing.

Democrats can have "Christian values" too. Did she become a Republican after the event?

Politicians create protections for themselves because most want to stay in their jobs indefinitely. Whether this is a good thing or a bad thing is arguable. Term limits legislation comes up often and never seems to go anywhere.

Yes. I think most of the Democrat voters are christian or claim to hold such beliefs.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/26/politics/kim-davis-guy-democrat/

"She has come to the conclusion that the Democratic Party has left her," her lawyer, Mat Staver, said Saturday in a statement. "She has decided to switch her voter registration."

Staver said Davis "has been a lifelong Democrat but has received no support from the Democratic Party or leaders."

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #536 on: December 30, 2016, 03:09:21 PM »
Anything is possible. Not everything is a conspiracy.  Have you considered those choosing not to perform just plain don't like Trump regardless of party affiliation? People should stand up for what they believe to be right. We supposedly live in a democracy. It is very possible that "making Trump look bad" is not why they are doing this.

Your question implies that all Republican women supported Trump and that is ludicrous.

HA! I'd love to hear that one of these Rockettes are a Republican! Now that's a conspiracy theory.
a

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #537 on: December 30, 2016, 03:45:07 PM »
Anyone know what this crazy chica means:  “It’s almost worse to have 18 pretty white girls behind this man who supports so many hate groups,” she told Marie Claire.

???

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #538 on: December 30, 2016, 04:36:50 PM »
Sylvester Stallone to attend Trump's New Year’s Eve party

(Statesman) Sylvester Stallone will be among more than 800 people attending President-elect Donald Trump's New Year's Eve party, Trump's transition team said Friday in a conference call with reporters.

Trump has held an annual bash at his Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, Florida, for years, in the past drawing big names like Vanessa Williams, Regis Philbin, Martha Stewart and Rod Stewart.

While some on social media have criticized the event, saying it could be construed as paying for access to Trump, Hope Hicks, incoming White House director of strategic communications, dismissed that idea.

“The transition is not concerned about the appearance of a conflict,” Hicks told Politico. “This is an annual celebratory event at the private club, like others that have continued to occur since the election. Additionally, the president cannot and does not have a conflict.”

(Statesman)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #539 on: December 30, 2016, 05:37:54 PM »
When the story broke earlier in the week about the restaurant owner in Hawaii who "refuses" service to Trump voters, I figured it was an overdone act at that point and wasn't worth posting.

But here's an update.

Hawaiian cafe backs down over ban on Trump voters

(FOX) A business owner who posted a sign on the entrance of his eccentric Italian café in downtown Honolulu banning President Elect Donald Trump supporters, has removed the sign one day after FoxNews.com broke a story about the severe policy.

“If you voted for Trump you cannot eat here! No Nazis,” declared owner Robert Warner on a bright yellow, handmade sign, which he taped to his Café 8/12’s front glass door.

"This is my place and if I don't want to serve a Trump person, I can do that," he told Hawaii News Now on Wednesday, one day after the FoxNews.com report generated thousands of adverse posts in the story comment section as well as on Yelp, Twitter and Facebook.

While Warner claims business has been better than ever since the story went viral in news media across the world, he took the notice down on Wednesday, telling Hawaii News Now: "If somebody came in and said, 'Hey, I know you can't tell who I voted for, but I voted for Trump, would you let me eat?' I would say, 'Sure, if you're nice with me and I'm nice with you and you like my food, sit down, no problem.”

(FOX)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #540 on: December 30, 2016, 06:34:52 PM »
HA! I'd love to hear that one of these Rockettes are a Republican! Now that's a conspiracy theory.

Now you are suggesting that the Rockettes are all Democrats or is it just the ones who aren't afraid of losing their jobs while standing up for their principles?

Someone opined white females voted for Trump and nonwhite females voted for HRC which doesn't add up. 54% of all women voters voted for HRC while 42% voted for Trump. 61 mil white females voted leaving 27 million nonwhite female voters. Even is every nonwhite female voted for HRC, a heck of a lot of white females must have too.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #541 on: December 31, 2016, 10:54:38 AM »
K. Conway's husband George being considered for SG.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #542 on: December 31, 2016, 10:59:33 AM »

New Year Greeting from Trump

PALM BEACH, Fla., Dec. 31 (UPI) -- President-elect Donald Trump on Saturday tweeted out a happy New Year's message aimed at his "enemies and those who have fought me."

Trump, who will spend New Year's Eve at his private Mar-a-Lago club in Palm Beach, Fla., tweeted the message Saturday morning.

"Happy New Year to all, including to my many enemies and those who have fought me and lost so badly they just don't know what to do. Love!"

USA Today reported Trump's private New Year's Eve party will include actor Sylvester Stallone on the guest list.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Happy New Year to all, including to my many enemies and those who have fought me and lost so badly they just don't know what to do. Love!
7:17 AM - 31 Dec 2016

(UPI)

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
« Reply #543 on: December 31, 2016, 12:24:11 PM »

New Year Greeting from Trump

PALM BEACH, Fla., Dec. 31 (UPI) -- President-elect Donald Trump on Saturday tweeted out a happy New Year's message aimed at his "enemies and those who have fought me."

Trump, who will spend New Year's Eve at his private Mar-a-Lago club in Palm Beach, Fla., tweeted the message Saturday morning.

"Happy New Year to all, including to my many enemies and those who have fought me and lost so badly they just don't know what to do. Love!"

USA Today reported Trump's private New Year's Eve party will include actor Sylvester Stallone on the guest list.

(UPI)

Real fucking mature.  Hard to believe we have this guy as our leader. 

Man child 100%.

I guess we can think the white trash component of our country and the deluded.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #544 on: December 31, 2016, 12:27:51 PM »

Man child 100%.

I agree with your first line.

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #545 on: December 31, 2016, 03:01:20 PM »

Man child 100%.

butthurt much ?
K

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #546 on: January 01, 2017, 12:30:56 PM »
Trump says he has inside info on hacking

West Palm Beach, Florida (CNN) President-elect Donald Trump said Saturday he has information that others lack and promised to reveal his knowledge this week, reiterating again his doubts that Russia was behind cyber-meddling in the US election.

Speaking to reporters ahead of an 800-person New Year's Eve bash at his Mar-a-Lago estate, a tuxedoed Trump maintained that another culprit aside from Russia could have been behind the tampering.

"It could be somebody else. And I also know things that other people don't know, and so they cannot be sure of the situation," he said. Asked to describe what undisclosed information he knew, Trump said, "You'll find out on Tuesday or Wednesday."

Trump has scheduled an intelligence briefing midweek on the hacking, a response to President Barack Obama's announcement of new sanctions on Moscow in retaliation for the cyber-intrusion.

(CNN)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #547 on: January 01, 2017, 12:44:45 PM »
Very interesting little read.  It says a lot, about a lot.

Donald Trump Will Use Twitter For Policy Announcements, Even Though ‘No Computer Is Safe’

Donald Trump will use Twitter to make important policy announcements once he takes office on January 20. Sean Spicer, a Trump spokesman, said that Trump would make “bold use” of Twitter, according to the Chicago Tribune. Spicer claimed that the president-elect “gets results” when he uses Twitter.

Spicer’s suggestion that Trump will use Twitter as a primary means of communication with the public comes on the same day Trump claimed that computers are not safe. Just 19 days before his inauguration, Trump questioned Russia’s role in hacking and advised people not to think their computers are secure.

Spicer told an interviewer from ABC that Trump would continue to use social media and might even make major announcements on Twitter when he takes over the Oval Office. Trump has shown no sign of censoring himself on the micro-blogging site that helped make him so popular.

“I think it freaks the mainstream media out that he has this following of over 45-plus million people that follow him on social media, that he can have a direct conversation,” Spicer said. “Business as usual is over… There’s a new sheriff in town.”

But Spicer’s statement that Trump will make major use of Twitter conflicts with Trump’s own claim that computers are not secure. While Twitter has allowed Trump to reach millions of ordinary people, the president-elect made it clear he does not trust computers.

“You know, if you have something really important, write it out and have it delivered by courier, the old-fashioned way,” Trump said, according to Al Jazeera.“Because I’ll tell you what: no computer is safe.”

(Inquistr)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #548 on: January 01, 2017, 12:54:30 PM »
^ Stuff like that, and his mention of the intelligence failures and the rest, tells me he must be a real outsider.  What else makes sense to say?

???

I think he's legit.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #549 on: January 01, 2017, 12:56:58 PM »
Biographer says Trump booted him from golf course

West Palm Beach, Florida (CNN) The author of a decades-old biography critical of Donald Trump says the now-President-elect asked him to leave a Trump-owned Florida golf course Friday, alleging his presence was "inappropriate."

Harry Hurt III, who penned "Lost Tycoon: The Many Lives of Donald J. Trump," says he was preparing for a round at the Trump International Golf Club in West Palm Beach late last week and introduced himself to the billionaire Republican, who was on a practice range.

"Hurt, who has a scratch handicap and plays in colorful knickers, walked over to Trump on the practice range prior to his group's assigned tee time, only to suffer a tongue lashing from the President-elect," read a posting on Hurt's Facebook page Saturday.

Hurt said he shook Trump's hand and offered his congratulations, a gesture he said wasn't reciprocated by the President-elect.
"Trump said, 'You were rough on me, Harry. Really rough. That shit you wrote,' " read the Facebook post.

Hurt's book, first published in 1993, contained reporting that Trump's first wife Ivana had accused the real estate developer of rape during their divorce. Trump adamantly denies the charge, and Ivana has said while she felt "violated" during their marriage, she didn't intend her accusation to be taken in "a literal or criminal sense."

On the golf course in Florida Friday, Hurt said he "looked Trump in the eye, and said, 'It's all true,' to which Trump responded, 'Not in the way you wrote it,' " according to the post on Facebook.

He said Trump had his security detail escort him and three of his friends, which included the billionaire industrialist and major Republican donor David Koch, to the parking lot.

John Damgard, another member of Hurt's group, confirmed that Trump asked them to leave the course.

"We were on the putting green," Damgard, a Republican donor, said. "Harry came and said 'Mr. Trump doesn't want us to play.' We went to a different place."

But he said some details in Hurt's account weren't accurate.

"We had no interaction with security," Damgard told CNN in a phone interview. Damgard said the group was not escorted off the course.

Hurt wrote the foursome went instead to Emerald Dunes, which he called "a much, much better golf course than Trump International."

Politico first reported on the incident, which took place Friday. Journalists following the President-elect in Florida weren't made aware of Trump's travel to his golf course, since he didn't bring along the traditional pool of journalists assigned to cover his movements. He made a similar decision on Saturday when he traveled a half-hour from his Mar-a-Lago club to play at his course in Jupiter.

Officials with Trump's transition team did not respond to a request for comment. Reached Sunday, Hurt declined to elaborate on his telling of events.
Koch, who is a member at the Trump International course, "loves the club," according to Damgard, but wouldn't have chosen to play there if he'd known it would cause consternation for the President-elect. Damgard said neither he nor Koch were aware of the critical biography Hurt had written.
"Obviously it was something he didn't like. It is his golf course and it certainly it is his right" to remove a player, Damgard said.

(CNN)