Author Topic: President Trump  (Read 83563 times)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Re: President Trump
« Reply #550 on: January 01, 2017, 12:59:08 PM »
From Trump's twitter:

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #551 on: January 01, 2017, 03:03:15 PM »
Here's a little more on what he said.  IMO, maybe he'll start seriously questioning the intelligence claims, and make them answer some questions about it.  Lmao he's the one guy they can't hide from behind "security" excuses.

Donald Trump Offers a Cyber-Security Prescription: ‘Old-Fashioned’ Paper Sent by Courier

(Yahoo) When it comes to hacking, Donald Trump has a solution: “Old-fashioned” snail mail.

The President-elect spoke to reporters on Saturday at his Mar-a-Lago New Year’s Eve party, saying that mail by courier is a sure way to ensure cyber security — “I don’t care what they say, no computer is safe,” the 70-year-old said.

“It’s very important, if you have something really important, write it out and have it delivered by courier, the old fashioned way. Because, I’ll tell you what, no computer is safe,” he said when asked how important the issue is to his incoming administration.

“I have a boy who’s 10 years old, he can do anything with a computer,” Trump said, referring to his youngest son Barron. “You want something to really go without detection, write it out and have it sent by courier.”

The comments come as U.S. intelligence agencies investigate Russian cyberattacks intended to interfere with the U.S. election.

Officials have alleged that Russian hackers targeted key Democratic leaders in an effort to influence the presidential election. However, the President-elect told reporters on Saturday that he wants to “be sure” that there is actual evidence of hacking by the Russians before agreeing with the intelligence community’s findings.

“I just want them to be sure, because it’s a pretty serious charge. I want them to be sure. I think it’s unfair if they don’t know. And I know a lot about hacking, and hacking is a very hard thing to prove,” he said.

“So it could be somebody else. And I also know things that other people don’t know, and so they cannot be sure of the situation.”

(Yahoo)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #552 on: January 01, 2017, 06:17:24 PM »
Sean Spicer: ‘Why aren’t we talking about the other influences on the election? Why aren’t we talking about Hillary Clinton getting debate questions ahead of time? No one is asking those questions. The fact is that everyone wants to make Donald Trump admit to certain things. When do we talk about the other side, which is what did Hillary Clinton do to influence the election? Is she being punished?’

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #553 on: January 01, 2017, 07:18:13 PM »
Sean Spicer: ‘Why aren’t we talking about the other influences on the election? Why aren’t we talking about Hillary Clinton getting debate questions ahead of time? No one is asking those questions. The fact is that everyone wants to make Donald Trump admit to certain things. When do we talk about the other side, which is what did Hillary Clinton do to influence the election? Is she being punished?

While I fully believe she should be prosecuted for her mishandling of classified information, the answer to the question about whether she should be punished for her attempts to influence the election are that she has already been punished:

- she lost the election
- she lost votes during the recount
- she lost more "faithless elector" votes than Trump did

K

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #554 on: January 01, 2017, 08:06:08 PM »
Sean Spicer: ‘Why aren’t we talking about the other influences on the election? Why aren’t we talking about Hillary Clinton getting debate questions ahead of time? No one is asking those questions. The fact is that everyone wants to make Donald Trump admit to certain things. When do we talk about the other side, which is what did Hillary Clinton do to influence the election? Is she being punished?’

The debates are ancient history regardless of who the finger gets pointed at. If you're referring to the possibility that the Russians may have hacked information and used it to try an influence voters is partly another issue. If the voters were influenced, that's not provable. The actual hacking is a problem because it shows the strong possibility of future cyber attacks. Whether Trump was in collusion with Putin, we will likely never know.

I don't like Trump. I think he's an asshole, but he soon will be president and that's something we will all be living with, probably for the next four years. Like others have said, get used to it. 

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #555 on: January 02, 2017, 04:28:46 AM »
I personally do not like Trump either, but he is going to do some things that will make me very happy:

1. Bring and keep jobs here in the US;
2. Stop the military parades in the Baltic as well as the Black Sea.

#1 may, or may not bring back the American Dream, but at the very least he will try. # 2 will reduce hostilities against Russia, thereby reducing the chance of military escalation.

And I'm hard core left.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #556 on: January 02, 2017, 04:50:22 AM »
The debates are ancient history regardless of who the finger gets pointed at.

Do you know when the supposed "hacking" of the controversial Podesta/DNC emails occurred?

Hint: Summer 2015

Why is this ancient history getting ass-pounded by the media now?
a

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #557 on: January 02, 2017, 11:23:55 AM »
While I fully believe she should be prosecuted for her mishandling of classified information, the answer to the question about whether she should be punished for her attempts to influence the election are that she has already been punished:

- she lost the election
- she lost votes during the recount
- she lost more "faithless elector" votes than Trump did

Agreed, IMO we should just let it go now and focus on the corrupt media.  They're the real enemy.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #558 on: January 02, 2017, 11:29:58 AM »
I personally do not like Trump either, but he is going to do some things that will make me very happy:

#1 may, or may not bring back the American Dream, but at the very least he will try. # 2 will reduce hostilities against Russia, thereby reducing the chance of military escalation.

And I'm hard core left.

I didn't vote for him, but I am hoping he and Congress reform the tax code, including reducing everyone's tax burden. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #559 on: January 02, 2017, 11:37:39 AM »

And I'm hard core left.

Good post.  I'd just add a couple things:

TRUMP PRESS RELEASE, SEPTEMBER 2016: One of Mr. Trump’s first commands after taking office will be asking the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and all relevant federal departments, to conduct a thorough review of United States cyber defenses and identify all vulnerabilities – in our power grid, our communications systems, and all vital infrastructure.

^ That one is so important, IMO I don't think anything could rise above it on the list.

TRUMP PRESS RELEASE, SEPTEMBER 2016: Immediately after taking office, Mr. Trump will ask the generals to present a plan within 30 days to defeat and destroy ISIS.

Way too many asshats claiming to be "good guys" have full interest in keeping ISIS going for as long as possible.  One of the things I truly despise about Obama.  It makes such a convenient excuse to interfere with innocent Americans in the name of terror fighting.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #560 on: January 02, 2017, 11:39:31 AM »
The debates are ancient history regardless of who the finger gets pointed at. If you're referring to the possibility that the Russians may have hacked information and used it to try an influence voters is partly another issue. If the voters were influenced, that's not provable. The actual hacking is a problem because it shows the strong possibility of future cyber attacks. Whether Trump was in collusion with Putin, we will likely never know.

I don't like Trump. I think he's an asshole, but he soon will be president and that's something we will all be living with, probably for the next four years. Like others have said, get used to it.  

Can't say I disagree.  And with the act of obtaining the info being off-limits for complaint, as well, it becomes little more than annoyance when presented as a "news" story.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #563 on: January 03, 2017, 09:36:08 AM »
Trump calling out Republican majority Congress on their lack of initiative...

That's what I like to see. #DrainTheSwamp
a

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #564 on: January 03, 2017, 09:43:38 AM »

And I'm hard core left.

I hope you're right.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #565 on: January 03, 2017, 10:02:09 AM »
Do you know when the supposed "hacking" of the controversial Podesta/DNC emails occurred?

Hint: Summer 2015

Why is this ancient history getting ass-pounded by the media now?

Have you ever noticed how the media recycles old stuff when there is nothing new to report on? Also, news stories are "shared" whether willingly or otherwise within the media. If one reads a story of national interest in their local newspaper, they can usually find that story in many newspapers and on newscasts across the nation. We don't just get the news, we are browbeaten with it. Since negative stories sell better than feel good, ones we're browbeaten with negativity. It's downright depressing.

James

« Reply #566 on: January 03, 2017, 12:01:48 PM »
But the "neverTrumpers" told me he’d never planned to build the wall!

Trump Tells DHS To Prepare For Border Wall Construction

A memo from the Department of Homeland Security, which was recently reviewed by Reuters, suggest that the Trump administration plans to hit the ground running on the construction of that U.S.-Mexico border wall when they move into the White House later this month. The memo apparently summarized a meeting held between DHS officials and Trump's transition team on December 5th in which requests were made for an assessment of "all assets available for border wall and barrier construction."

In a wide-ranging request for documents and analysis, President-elect Donald Trump's transition team asked the Department of Homeland Security last month to assess all assets available for border wall and barrier construction.

The requests were made in a Dec. 5 meeting between Trump's transition team and Department of Homeland Security officials, according to an internal agency memo reviewed by Reuters. The document offers a glimpse into the president-elect's strategy for securing the U.S. borders and reversing polices put in place by the Obama administration. The Trump transition team also allegedly took aim at Obama's executive actions, requesting "copies of every executive order and directive sent to immigration agents since Obama took office in 2009."

The transition team also asked for copies of every executive order and directive sent to immigration agents since Obama took office in 2009, according to the memo summarizing the meeting.

Trump has said he intends to undo Obama's executive actions on immigration, including a 2012 order to allow children brought to the U.S. illegally by their parents to remain in the country on temporary authorizations that allow them to attend college and work.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-03/trump-tells-dhs-prep-border-wall-construction-demands-info-all-immigration-related-e

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #567 on: January 03, 2017, 07:50:09 PM »
Have you ever noticed how the media recycles old stuff when there is nothing new to report on? Also, news stories are "shared" whether willingly or otherwise within the media. If one reads a story of national interest in their local newspaper, they can usually find that story in many newspapers and on newscasts across the nation. We don't just get the news, we are browbeaten with it. Since negative stories sell better than feel good, ones we're browbeaten with negativity. It's downright depressing.

It's a deliberate and calculated attempt at brainwashing by echo chamber, IMO.

Makes sense when you realize that nearly all of it -- a huge "selection" of TV and internet content... seemingly endless stupidity -- is filtered by a small group of associates who meet behind closed doors.

All true.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #568 on: January 04, 2017, 01:54:52 PM »
As reported on GB:

Mr. Dishonesty, himself: Eric "Gun-Run" Holder

California hires ex-Attorney General Holder to fight Trump

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Vowing to protect California's values and constitutional guarantees, Democratic leaders in the state Legislature announced Wednesday they have hired former U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder to serve as outside counsel to advise their legal strategy against the incoming administration of Donald Trump.

Holder will help legislators resist any attempts to roll back liberal progress on issues such as climate change, health care, civil rights and immigration, said California Senate President Pro Tem Kevin de Leon, D-Los Angeles, and Assembly Speaker Anthony Rendon, D-Paramount.

"With the upcoming change in administrations, we expect that there will be extraordinary challenges for California in the uncertain times ahead," the leaders said in a joint statement. "We have an obligation to defend the people who elected us and the policies and diversity that make California an example of what truly makes a nation great."

More: http://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2017-01-04/california-hires-ex-attorney-general-holder-to-fight-trump

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #569 on: January 04, 2017, 01:59:29 PM »
Christie's fired Bridgegate aide heads to Trump's White House, and more

Washington (CNN) -- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, the first of President-elect Donald Trump's primary rivals to endorse him and once vetted as a vice presidential pick, has been shut out the new administration. But an ex-aide who played a role in the Bridgegate scandal that tarnished Christie will be in it.

Bill Stepien, who joined the Trump campaign in August as national field director, snagged a senior role as White House political director, Trump's transition team announced Wednesday.

Christie fired Stepien in January 2014 amid the Bridgegate scandal in which Christie aides directed the closure of lanes on the George Washington Bridge as political retribution.

Stepien was not charged in the federal investigation into the lane closures, but court documents revealed that a Christie aide texted a colleague amid Christie's news conference on the bubbling scandal in December 2013 that Christie "just flat out lied about senior staff and Stepien not being involved."

The transition team announced the names of more than a dozen members of White House staff, formalizing West Wing roles for several of his longtime campaign aides and Republican National Committee staffers. The announcement comes weeks after several longtime campaign staffers began to gripe publicly that White House roles were taking too long to take shape and that Republican National Committee staffers had an edge in earning White House jobs.

"These individuals will be key leaders in helping to implement the President-elect's agenda and bring real change to Washington," White House chief of staff Reince Priebus said in a statement, calling the staffers "instrumental" in helping Trump.

George Gigicos, who has served as the Trump campaign's director of advance from the outset, will take on that role at the White House.

Keith Schiller, Trump's longtime head of security at the Trump Organization who almost never left Trump's side during the campaign and helped coordinate Trump's security with the Secret Service, will take on a role as Director of Oval Office Operations. Omarosa Manigault, the former "Apprentice" contestant who has remained a close business associate of Trump's and helped him with diversity outreach during the campaign, was officially named communications director for the Office of Public Liaison.

Trump will also retain his campaign body man John McEntee as personal aide to the President.

Many other longtime campaign staffers have not yet officially snagged White House jobs, but the campaign called the announcement a "first wave" of staff announcements. The announcement of a dozen staffers came after the Trump transition formally tapped three deputy chiefs of staff, whose roles had been reported in recent days.

RNC senior adviser Katie Walsh will, as expected, become incoming White House chief of staff Reince Priebus's right hand as White House deputy chief of staff. Rick Dearborn, the chief of staff to Sen. Jeff Sessions who headed up congressional relations for the Trump campaign, will work to implement Trump's agenda on Capitol Hill as deputy chief of staff for legislative and intergovernmental affairs. And Joe Hagin will reprise his role in George W. Bush's administration as deputy chief of staff for operations.

Trump also formalized Marc Short, the longtime aide to Vice President-elect Mike Pence, as director of legislative affairs.

Other individuals named Wednesday to West Wing posts included John DeStefano, who will serve as director of presidential personnel; Jessica Ditto, the Trump campaign's deputy communications director, who will take on the same role at the White House; and Raj Shah, who will apply his job as RNC research director to the White House and also take on a deputy communications director title.

Longtime Pence aide Josh Pitcock will become the vice president's chief of staff and Jen Pavlik will serve as Pence's deputy chief of staff.

(CNN)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #570 on: January 04, 2017, 02:17:57 PM »

Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner believed to have bought house in D.C.

(Realtor) Prepare to meet your new first daughter-to-be, Washington, DC! Ivanka Trump and her husband, Jared Kushner, have reportedly picked up a six-bedroom, seven-bath house in the upscale neighborhood of Kalorama.

Located at 2449 Tracy Place Northwest, the power couple’s new home is less than two blocks from outgoing President Barack Obama‘s new home. Can’t you just picture this offshoot of the new first family bumping into the former one while they’re walking their dogs Sunny and Bo? Cute or awkward? Hard to say. (We go with awkward.)

Currently, a few key questions remain unanswered. Are Trump and Kushner renting, or did they buy? The local multiple listing service shows that the home was last sold in late December for $5,512,260 to an undisclosed owner. That mystery buyer could be Trump and Kushner, or it could be someone else who’s renting them the place (the broker behind this deal, Washington Fine Properties co-owner William F.X. Moody, could not be reached in time for comment).

(Realtor dot com)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #571 on: January 04, 2017, 05:06:13 PM »
Big country... something like this is bound to happen sooner or later.   :P

Men wearing Trump masks duke it out in hardware store

RICHMOND, Va. — Police say shoppers were mystified and alarmed when two young men wearing Donald Trump masks began boxing one another inside a Virginia Lowe’s store on New Year’s Eve.

Officers were summoned to the store Saturday afternoon because of a “disorderly display that scared customers,” Henrico County Police Capt. Chris Eley told the Richmond Times-Dispatch.

Henrico police have said little about the incident. However, 59-year-old witness Michael Willis told the newspaper he saw the men hitting each other while yelling, “Donald Trump! Donald Trump!” The men fell and knocked down merchandise in the process, Willis said.

“I mean, these people, they were hitting,” Willis said. “If they was acting, they was doing a good job on it.”

Willis said he called police because he feared they might be robbers.

But he said one young man who returned to retrieve some keys that were dropped during the fight told him they were just trying to have some fun.

No arrests were immediately made.

In Virginia, a person over the age of 16 can be charged with a felony for wearing a mask in certain circumstances, including on private property when the owner of the property hasn’t given permission. Willis and another unnamed witness guessed the boxers were in their early-20s.

(NYP)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #572 on: January 04, 2017, 05:34:33 PM »
But the "neverTrumpers" told me he’d never planned to build the wall!

Trump Tells DHS To Prepare For Border Wall Construction

A memo from the Department of Homeland Security, which was recently reviewed by Reuters, suggest that the Trump administration plans to hit the ground running on the construction of that U.S.-Mexico border wall when they move into the White House later this month. The memo apparently summarized a meeting held between DHS officials and Trump's transition team on December 5th in which requests were made for an assessment of "all assets available for border wall and barrier construction."

In a wide-ranging request for documents and analysis, President-elect Donald Trump's transition team asked the Department of Homeland Security last month to assess all assets available for border wall and barrier construction.

The requests were made in a Dec. 5 meeting between Trump's transition team and Department of Homeland Security officials, according to an internal agency memo reviewed by Reuters. The document offers a glimpse into the president-elect's strategy for securing the U.S. borders and reversing polices put in place by the Obama administration. The Trump transition team also allegedly took aim at Obama's executive actions, requesting "copies of every executive order and directive sent to immigration agents since Obama took office in 2009."

The transition team also asked for copies of every executive order and directive sent to immigration agents since Obama took office in 2009, according to the memo summarizing the meeting.

Trump has said he intends to undo Obama's executive actions on immigration, including a 2012 order to allow children brought to the U.S. illegally by their parents to remain in the country on temporary authorizations that allow them to attend college and work.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-03/trump-tells-dhs-prep-border-wall-construction-demands-info-all-immigration-related-e

Bristol sheriff offers Trump inmates to build Mexico wall

FALL RIVER (Boston Globe) — Bristol County Sheriff Thomas Hodgson has made a personal offer to President- elect Donald J. Trump: Bristol County inmates will be available to help build Trump’s border wall with Mexico.

Yes, really.

“I can think of no other project that would have such a positive impact on our inmates and our country than building this wall,” Hodgson said, in remarks at his inaugural ceremony Wednesday night at Bristol Community College.

“Aside from learning and perfecting construction skills, the symbolism of these inmates building a wall to prevent crime in communities around the country, and to preserve jobs and work opportunities for them and other Americans upon release, can be very powerful.”

Hodgson also said that his office is entering an agreement with federal immigration authorities that will grant immigration enforcement powers to members of the sheriff’s staff, “which will be specially trained by ICE on all immigration matters, from questioning to deportation.”

The sheriff did not address in his speech who would pay to transport, house, and secure local inmates while they labor on the wall project. Trump, however, has said Mexico will pay for the wall.

(Boston Globe)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #573 on: January 04, 2017, 06:40:47 PM »
No problem, IMO.  Let the truth win.

Who hacked? Trump challenges intel agencies he'll oversee

WASHINGTON (AP) — President-elect Donald Trump on Wednesday escalated his blunt public challenge to the U.S. intelligence agencies he will soon oversee, appearing to embrace WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange's contention that Russia did not provide his group with the hacked Democratic emails that roiled the 2016 election.

Trump's defiance has increased the pressure on intelligence officials to provide decisive evidence of Russian election interference. A full report was ordered by President Barack Obama last month, and Obama will receive the report and be briefed on it Thursday, according to a White House official who wasn't authorized to speak to reporters and requested anonymity. High-level intelligence officials are heading to New York Friday to brief Trump on the classified findings.

The Obama administration also plans to make an unclassified version public before the president leaves office Jan. 20.

(Journal Times)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #574 on: January 04, 2017, 06:44:43 PM »

Hey, Sister

Omarosa leads Trump team meeting with black leaders: report

(The Hill) Incoming White House official Omarosa Manigault on Wednesday led a “listening session” with black leaders on behalf of President-elect Donald Trump, according to a new report.

Manigault guided Trump’s transition team through a meeting with about 100 leaders from various African-American organizations in Washington, D.C., CNN said.

Participants included leaders from the NAACP, churches, the education sector and fraternities and sororities.

The former "Apprentice" contestant, whom Trump recently tapped to help his White House with public engagement, was joined by other members of the president-elect’s transition team. Trump domestic policy chair Ken Blackwell and senior adviser Katrina Pierson were also present for the huddle.

“[It] could be a great start,” Hilary O. Shelton, NAACP Washington Bureau director and senior vice president for advocacy and policy, told CNN after the event.

“We want to see them move on issues that are important to the communities that we serve,” she added. "We want to make sure they recognize who we are and the conditions are communities are in.”

“The presidential administration has an awful lot of power. They can decide to wield that power. What happens at this point is in the hands of the administration.”

Bishop Harry Jackson, a conservative activist and evangelical leader, praised the Trump team’s “openness” to connecting with African-American leaders.

“You have an outsider and an outside team. They’re not going to do business as usual, they don’t even know how to spell business as usual. For that reason, I’m optimistic," he said.

Manigault appeared on the first season of Trump’s reality television competition in 2004 before ultimately becoming the director of his presidential campaign’s African-American outreach.

Trump vowed to serve as a champion for African-American voters before Election Day, but he struggled with the voting bloc due, earning just 8 percent of the black vote.

(The Hill)