Author Topic: The Democrat Mid-Term Massacre of 2018 is Going To Be AMAZING!!!  (Read 98666 times)

mazrim

• Getbig V
Re: The Democrat Mid-Term Massacre of 2018 is Going To Be AMAZING!!!
« Reply #625 on: November 10, 2018, 08:11:58 PM »

Oh yeah?  Things are really looking up for Detroit.....
Michigan just blasted themselves right back into oblivion again. Extremely dumb.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #626 on: November 10, 2018, 08:13:43 PM »
I vote candidates not party. Voted Reagan. Bush Sr, Bush Jr first term. Al gore was the last vote cast for President. Some times I don't care which one wins, sometimes I don't want either to win. In those cases, I don't vote
Do you vote for other positions besides the presidency?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #627 on: November 10, 2018, 08:56:23 PM »
Do you vote for other positions besides the presidency?

I do... I believe local government is just as important as federal governments. It is all connected. I was involved in local government throughout the last 20 years. On a side note, I found corruption in local government was about even with federal. This included a very small town I lived in with volunteer council members. I was amazed at what they would do and the reasons they used to justify giving their buddies a heads up on what the bids were on a job, or letting the mayor keep the city backhoe at his farm over the weekend. I observed things starting out as small and growing to outright theft. And these were people that were community pillars and church deacons. So it's not surprising to see as the government entity grows, the corruption grows.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #628 on: November 11, 2018, 05:46:40 AM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_midterm_election#Historical_record_of_midterm

I think there were something like 40 Republican members of Congress not running for re-election as well, which is very high.

If that number is more in line with historical norms, the House likely stays red or it's a hell of a lot closer.

For what Trump was going up against in the House and historical mid-term trends taken in to account, he did pretty well.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #629 on: November 11, 2018, 07:30:47 AM »
I do... I believe local government is just as important as federal governments. It is all connected. I was involved in local government throughout the last 20 years. On a side note, I found corruption in local government was about even with federal. This included a very small town I lived in with volunteer council members. I was amazed at what they would do and the reasons they used to justify giving their buddies a heads up on what the bids were on a job, or letting the mayor keep the city backhoe at his farm over the weekend. I observed things starting out as small and growing to outright theft. And these were people that were community pillars and church deacons. So it's not surprising to see as the government entity grows, the corruption grows.

Yup, corruption in government goes all the way down to the smallest community's Home Owners Association's board. 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #630 on: November 11, 2018, 07:34:35 AM »

Ah, Big Trouble...

A very underrated and often overlooked cinematic triumph of the early 21st century.

Agreed.  Now I want to see it again.  :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #631 on: November 27, 2018, 11:45:28 PM »
Hyde-Smith defeats Espy in Mississippi special election runoff, expanding GOP Senate majority
By Gregg Re | Fox News

Cindy Hyde-Smith wins Mississippi senate runoff
Republican Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith defeats Democrat Mike Espy in special election; Peter Doocy reports from Jackson, Miss.

Republicans on Tuesday expanded their incoming Senate majority to 53 seats, as incumbent Republican Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith handily beat back an insurgent challenge by Democrat Mike Espy in Mississippi's special election runoff to become the first woman ever elected to Congress from the state.

With 95 percent of precincts reporting, Hyde-Smith had 446,927 votes to Espy's 374,880 -- a commanding margin of 54.4 percent to 45.6 percent, according to state election officials. The race marks the final midterm contest of 2018.

. . . 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/polls-close-in-mississippi-senate-special-election-runoff-between-hyde-smith-and-espy

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #632 on: November 27, 2018, 11:46:22 PM »
I think this takes a lot of power away from Murkowski and Collins.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #633 on: November 28, 2018, 04:35:04 AM »
Hyde-Smith defeats Espy in Mississippi special election runoff, expanding GOP Senate majority
By Gregg Re | Fox News

Cindy Hyde-Smith wins Mississippi senate runoff
Republican Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith defeats Democrat Mike Espy in special election; Peter Doocy reports from Jackson, Miss.

Republicans on Tuesday expanded their incoming Senate majority to 53 seats, as incumbent Republican Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith handily beat back an insurgent challenge by Democrat Mike Espy in Mississippi's special election runoff to become the first woman ever elected to Congress from the state.

With 95 percent of precincts reporting, Hyde-Smith had 446,927 votes to Espy's 374,880 -- a commanding margin of 54.4 percent to 45.6 percent, according to state election officials. The race marks the final midterm contest of 2018.

. . . 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/polls-close-in-mississippi-senate-special-election-runoff-between-hyde-smith-and-espy
Great news!  I see on CNN they didn't mention how easy of a win this was.  On yahoo and other sites they said it was close.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #634 on: November 28, 2018, 08:02:15 AM »
yes, overall amazing mid-term for the GOP, especially for limiting Dems' pickups in the House to only 39 or maybe 40.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #635 on: November 28, 2018, 09:20:53 AM »

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #636 on: November 28, 2018, 01:12:01 PM »
I think this takes a lot of power away from Murkowski and Collins.

Yep. Romney as well.

Plus you have Flake out of the picture and more of Trump's 'people' coming in with the other flipped Senate seats.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #637 on: December 15, 2018, 02:50:07 PM »
so is the final number of Dem pickups in the House a measly 40 or is North Carolina's 9th district still up for grabs?