Author Topic: Man-caused global warming: greatest scam in history  (Read 25509 times)

Erik C

• Getbig IV
Re: Man-caused global warming: greatest scam in history
« Reply #125 on: December 02, 2016, 02:37:27 PM »
Quote from: Necrosis link=topic=622843.msg8656195#msg8656195 date=1480715604
http://hvo.wr.usgs.gov/volcanowatch/archive/2007/07_02_15.html
[/quote

I never posted anything to you or anyone else on Getbig, about volcanoes.

You should read articles, before you post them:

(There is now agreement at the top government level of the Earth's most prolific fossil fuel CO2 producer-the United States-that we need to reduce our dependence on oil in order to confront the challenge of global warming. As we work toward that goal, let's look forward to the day when volcanologists will give a different answer to the question "Which produces more CO2, volcanic or human activity?")

The Intergoverment Panel on Climate Change says that cars cause more CO2 in the atmosphere, than volcanoes do, however the volcanologists don't agree. Good for the volcanologists. They know volcanoes better than government hacks do.

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #126 on: December 02, 2016, 02:41:27 PM »

;D

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #127 on: December 03, 2016, 01:14:45 AM »
Ropo: It's a tiny amount of water, compared to the amount that was locked up in the polar ice cap during the Ice Age. You do realize that the Ice Age polar cap was orders of magnitude larger than the polar ice and glaciers that exist today, don't you? There is not enough ice that can melt now that would cause the kind of flooding you are babbling about. The glaciers and polar ice melted during the Medieval Warm Period, only one thousand years ago, when it was hotter than now, and there was no flooding. And it's not going to flood now either. How many ways can I explain to you?

And again, at those days there were next to nothing build in the coastlines of the oceans, while now days there is. It is just stupidity use that kind of arguments, while population of the world was a fraction compared to present time. For example, do you have a maps which you can use to compare where the coastlines were at that time? No, you don't. How you can say it didn't effect, while you don't have any reliably records about the things which happen? Truth is that water levels were globally higher at that time because of the melting ice, but because there weren't any major cities build at the coastline 1000 years before the "flood" with high risers etc. rising sea level have small or none effect to the people living there. They just move higher grounds. And where all that water comes for those glaciers of the ice age? Is the amount of water changed during these years? No. There is still same amount of water on this earth than there were 100000 years ago, but sea levels are regulated by the amount of polar ice. Les ice = higher sea levels and another way around.

And what exactly was the medieval global warming? Sea water temperature were approximately 1°C higher. We have past those climate temperatures at 90ties and it is still rising.  And how about this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1162395/Google-Earth-reveals-fish-trap-rocks-1-000-years-ago-British-coast.html

Fish trap build 1000 year ago at the sea level in British coast, is now 12 ft under the sea level? Oh gee, why in  the name of fuck they have build it so deep? Well, they didn't.. ;D

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #128 on: December 03, 2016, 04:30:15 AM »
Fish trap build 1000 year ago at the sea level in British coast, is now 12 ft under the sea level? Oh gee, why in  the name of fuck they have build it so deep? Well, they didn't.. ;D

Another idiot who posts articles that he never read. Quote:

"Now, however, it is submerged even at low tide and fish are no longer trapped as the water recedes. Researchers believe it has sunk into the sand over the centuries."

So the sea levels didn't rise, the stones sunk into the sand! Mystery solved!

And, for the final time, there are no records of any European cities being flooded by massive amounts water in the Medieval Warm Period. it was only 1000 years ago. We have written records from that time. People took note of such things. So we can safely assume that if there was no increase in sea level in the Eastern Atlantic Ocean, then there was no increase in the sea level in Western Atlantic Ocean either, as it's the same body of water!

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #129 on: December 03, 2016, 05:19:09 AM »
Climate change didnt start with Al Gore. That assertion is absurd. I did a cursory search, and one of the 3 scholarly articles is from 1993. Hence the research was conducted prior- as in before he was even vice president. I wonder why this gets so politicized. IF humans are partly responsible, they can't help what was done, IS it because of Big Oil? Why the political resistance?  If research begiing to show climate change comes from the earth itself and man has no signficant impact, would the resistance dissapear?

References

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMra1109341#t=article
http://jmi.sagepub.com/content/early/2008/04/24/1056492607311930.short
https://asu.pure.elsevier.com/en/publications/global-climate-change-and-optimal-forest-management

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #130 on: December 03, 2016, 03:18:29 PM »
Climate change didnt start with Al Gore. That assertion is absurd. I did a cursory search, and one of the 3 scholarly articles is from 1993. Hence the research was conducted prior- as in before he was even vice president.

Al Gore was Vice-President in 1993.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #132 on: December 03, 2016, 05:22:45 PM »
Al Gore was Vice-President in 1993.
As of January 20, 2003 correct!  Now the research was conducted PRIOR to 1993... why is this hard??

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #133 on: December 03, 2016, 05:28:58 PM »

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #134 on: December 03, 2016, 05:33:12 PM »
BTW if it matters, I voted for Trump because I think his ideas will help the economy. but I won't abandon reason and science.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #135 on: December 04, 2016, 02:40:56 AM »
Another idiot who posts articles that he never read. Quote:

"Now, however, it is submerged even at low tide and fish are no longer trapped as the water recedes. Researchers believe it has sunk into the sand over the centuries."

So the sea levels didn't rise, the stones sunk into the sand! Mystery solved!

And, for the final time, there are no records of any European cities being flooded by massive amounts water in the Medieval Warm Period. it was only 1000 years ago. We have written records from that time. People took note of such things. So we can safely assume that if there was no increase in sea level in the Eastern Atlantic Ocean, then there was no increase in the sea level in Western Atlantic Ocean either, as it's the same body of water!

How exactly stones sunk in the sand? Waves move the sand and sand cover the stones during the centuries. Or are you saying that your ancestors were so fucking stupid that they build this massive trap on the soft muddy bottom? Low tide, and the trap is 12 ft deep in the water?  So there were 12 ft high piles of stones? On the other hand they had to be quite stupid, because intelligence is a heritable trait, and after 1000 years and all the generations you are still such an idiot.

So you are saying that there isn't any records about the floods? Show me the 1000 years old record which proves that there wasn't any floods? And then the reality: https://weather.com/safety/floods/news/1-in-1000-year-flood-events
What is the meaning of the sentence "1 - in the 1000 year flood"? What was there 1000 years ago? How about these:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_floods
https://sites.google.com/site/medievalwarmperiod/

If you read only the foil hats information about the matter, you never see the truth  ;D

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #136 on: December 04, 2016, 09:04:32 AM »
How exactly stones sunk in the sand? Waves move the sand and sand cover the stones during the centuries. Or are you saying that your ancestors were so fucking stupid that they build this massive trap on the soft muddy bottom? Low tide, and the trap is 12 ft deep in the water?  So there were 12 ft high piles of stones? On the other hand they had to be quite stupid, because intelligence is a heritable trait, and after 1000 years and all the generations you are still such an idiot.

So you are saying that there isn't any records about the floods? Show me the 1000 years old record which proves that there wasn't any floods? And then the reality: https://weather.com/safety/floods/news/1-in-1000-year-flood-events
What is the meaning of the sentence "1 - in the 1000 year flood"? What was there 1000 years ago? How about these:

If you read only the foil hats information about the matter, you never see the truth  ;D

You said that there were floods that permanently engulfed coastal areas because the Arctic Ice Caps and Glaciers melted during the Medieval Warm Period, causing a permanent increase in sea level, because of Global Warming. It didn't happen.

No point going over the fish trap, as anyone can see that you haven't a clue about anything that you link to because you either don't read it first, or you have zero reading comprehension. So you are either too stupid to be walking around loose, without an attendant, or, more likely, you're a troll, just wasting everyone's time, especially mine.

Simple Simon

« Reply #137 on: December 04, 2016, 10:22:31 AM »
our garden was always water logged, we raised it a foot with hardcore and new topsoil and turf, its OK now.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: December 04, 2016, 11:37:59 AM »
Quote from: Necrosis link=topic=622843.msg8656195#msg8656195 date=1480715604
[url
http://hvo.wr.usgs.gov/volcanowatch/archive/2007/07_02_15.html[/url]

I never posted anything to you or anyone else on Getbig, about volcanoes.

You should read articles, before you post them:

(There is now agreement at the top government level of the Earth's most prolific fossil fuel CO2 producer-the United States-that we need to reduce our dependence on oil in order to confront the challenge of global warming. As we work toward that goal, let's look forward to the day when volcanologists will give a different answer to the question "Which produces more CO2, volcanic or human activity?")

The Intergoverment Panel on Climate Change says that cars cause more CO2 in the atmosphere, than volcanoes do, however the volcanologists don't agree. Good for the volcanologists. They know volcanoes better than government hacks do.

The two sentences don't even make sense, in the first they are insinuating that volcanologists would answer human activity as they are looking forward to the day when they could say volcanoes produce more co2, read the previous sentence, how obvious is that?

What do you think the panel is made up of? intergoverment, not intra.

Volcanologists agree you are wrong, no where in the article does the last sentence exist, no where in the article does it suggest volcanologists agree with you, they patently don't.

You are either lying or have very poor reading comprehension.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #139 on: December 04, 2016, 11:44:58 AM »

no where in the article does the last sentence exist
You are either lying or have very poor reading comprehension.

Dragged and dropped that paragraph directly from the article YOU posted. That last sentence is there.

So who is lying or has very poor reading comprehension?

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #140 on: December 04, 2016, 02:39:05 PM »

Ahha - Look Twato is Here.
Being Abusive & With his Foil hat nonsense
Here I Will Re-Post This For You.

1, Go educate yourself - Take some of your own advice
2, Open your Mind - Be questioning
3, You are Finnish - Ha, That explains plenty another Pussified Scandinavian
4, I am Correct In Saying Finland allied it's Self With Germany in WW2
5, Yet Another Country The Uk / USA saved
6, Learn to Keep a Civil Tongue
7, Your Foul Language / Name / Calling Expose you as a No Nothing Pussy Trying to
Be Intimidating & Tough  Roll Eyes
8, You are Ropo an Expert in your own Tiny Little Mind - Good For You - Enjoy
9, The Rest Of Us Can Laugh At You
10, The Village Needs Its Idiot Back --- Please Return.

Good Day To You.

Ha ha -- Throw crap at You --ha ha

You do a very good job of doing that to yourself.

You are the one who always starts off deeming & calling people names
only You cant handle it / dont like when it is returned to you.

You Finnish Pussy -- Fucking shame we bothered saving your lots skins
fuck off Back to Germany You Nazi lover.

You really are a complete and utter waste of time & space.
Get back to your Village --- Idiot.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: December 05, 2016, 06:04:00 AM »
Dragged and dropped that paragraph directly from the article YOU posted. That last sentence is there.

So who is lying or has very poor reading comprehension?

Which sentence? that volcanologists don't agree? that is written nowhere.

The first sentence indicates they agree with CO2 being the major source, it's measured, it's not even close. A billion is more than a million for reference.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #142 on: December 05, 2016, 09:04:00 AM »
 :D :D :D

WOAH. Trump transition team announces Ivanka Trump is meeting w/ Al Gore this morning to discuss climate issues

https://twitter.com/gabriellahope_/status/805799075346051072
a

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: December 06, 2016, 05:07:47 AM »
Thanks for proving my point that I wrote yesterday.

I haven't been in grad school  doing tedious research for many years.
Call me lazy or whatever but I'm not going to hunt down references for an internet debate.

I made my post,  think what you will.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: December 06, 2016, 05:22:22 AM »
Howard, lets use a little commonsense. Al Gore was the alarmist that said we were in fact the world was going to end in years based on "science". You think I and republicans in general dismiss science, again, there is science to back up both sides of this. Now lets get back to some commonsense. Lets face it, we're not going anywhere not is this lifetime or possibly the next five lifetimes, do I believe it will happen? If you take what is going on from a biblical sense, then yes, we're seeing but even then, I doubt anything will happen NOW. As far as the global warming....we're not in any danger and it's naive to think we are.

Fair enough.

While I'm no climate expert, I do have a little knowledge of the physical sciences.
No, ( as I already posted), "global warming" from excess CO2 isn't doomsday for humanity by 2100.
BUT, there is a clear relationship between CO2 and climate change.

Obviously the earth has experienced various climate changes long before humans came along.
The man made CO2 simply accelerates certain changes and abnormal changes can occur.
Some of these more rapid changes will have a negative impact on our global climate.

I think we can agree on that basic reality and "common sense".*

* FYI, I don't think common sense among people in the physical sciences, is very common  :D
It's my observation that the majority of people have several common misconceptions when it comes to the laws of basic physics.
I'll give you one simple example:

On some state driving exams, they ask a stopping distance question.
1. If you need 50 ft to stop at 20 mph, how many ft will it take you to stop going 40 mph ?

" Common sense" says twice the speed = 2 x the stopping distance...WHICH IS WRONG!
When you double the speed you double the kinetic energy of the moving object.
KE = 1/2 mass ( V)2.

You square the velocity so 2x the speed = 4x the Kinetic energy and 4x the stopping distance!
You double the speed from 20 mph to 40 mph and you increase the stopping distance from 50 to 200 ft.

Thus, "common sense" is wrong again!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

markofan

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #146 on: December 07, 2016, 07:50:09 AM »
Re: Howard

"BUT, there is a clear relationship between CO2 and climate change"

If by this you mean an increase in CO2 causes warming, why is it that all the evidence shows CO2 levels follow warming by several hundred years.

"The man made CO2 simply accelerates certain changes and abnormal changes can occur."

Once again,  since CO2 increase follows warming,  how can the CO2 accelerate these changes?

There are some scientists on the "denier" side that accept that CO2 "may" (they are not completely sure) cause some increase in warming, but most now believe that CO2 is not a cause of warming but rather is an effect of it.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #147 on: December 07, 2016, 08:57:25 AM »
Fair enough.

While I'm no climate expert, I do have a little knowledge of the physical sciences.
No, ( as I already posted), "global warming" from excess CO2 isn't doomsday for humanity by 2100.
BUT, there is a clear relationship between CO2 and climate change.

Obviously the earth has experienced various climate changes long before humans came along.
The man made CO2 simply accelerates certain changes and abnormal changes can occur.
Some of these more rapid changes will have a negative impact on our global climate.

I think we can agree on that basic reality and "common sense".*

* FYI, I don't think common sense among people in the physical sciences, is very common  :D
It's my observation that the majority of people have several common misconceptions when it comes to the laws of basic physics.
I'll give you one simple example:

On some state driving exams, they ask a stopping distance question.
1. If you need 50 ft to stop at 20 mph, how many ft will it take you to stop going 40 mph ?

" Common sense" says twice the speed = 2 x the stopping distance...WHICH IS WRONG!
When you double the speed you double the kinetic energy of the moving object.
KE = 1/2 mass ( V)2.

You square the velocity so 2x the speed = 4x the Kinetic energy and 4x the stopping distance!
You double the speed from 20 mph to 40 mph and you increase the stopping distance from 50 to 200 ft.

Thus, "common sense" is wrong again!

Howard, you're probably right. But this isn't really the arguement. The aguement is the left-wing nut jobs with the alarmist mentality using scare tactics by trying to convince people that the world is going to end is we don't the non-problem, problem by asking for hundreds of millions of dollars to fix what probably is the inevitable that won't happen in thousands of more years. That's where the commonsense lies.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #148 on: December 08, 2016, 06:35:23 AM »
Global warming is a hoax because it's cold outside today - Coach

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #149 on: December 08, 2016, 06:51:41 AM »
Anyone ever notice there always has to be some impending disaster, that is going to wipe out humanity. From the end of WWII until 1989 it was the Commies and MAD. War on drugs, war on terror and the list goes on.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ