Author Topic: Trump = Winning  (Read 738369 times)

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
Re: Trump = Winning
« Reply #725 on: February 14, 2018, 05:30:20 AM »
 8)
a

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #726 on: February 14, 2018, 05:32:01 AM »
a

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #727 on: February 14, 2018, 03:09:03 PM »
Market summary > Dow Jones Industrial Average
INDEXDJX: .DJI - Feb 7, 4:49 PM EST
24,893.35Price decrease19.42 (0.08%)

Why don't butt-hurt, anti-Trumper's post DJI results like seen today with a 253+ point INCREASE?
NASDAQ is up 130+ points.

Fair's fair, right?

Maybe these non-sequitur simpletons are butt-hurt for a "different" reason.

Expected response:

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #728 on: February 15, 2018, 10:51:07 AM »
 :)
a

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #729 on: February 15, 2018, 12:01:37 PM »
Trump already working to wrestle away that Democrat Senate seat from Joe Donnelly.

Shrewd.

Trump makes his political party stronger.

Obama ran his into a ditch and destroyed it for a generation.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #730 on: February 15, 2018, 02:19:09 PM »

I am thoroughly disappointed.
I firmly believed that stocks would only go up (and, dramatically at that) with Trump in office.

I am also consciously choosing to ignore the fact that, even following the worst decline in history, we are STILL in RECORD HIGH territory. In fact, today's closing is still approximately 5,000 points higher than the month Trump was sworn in.

But, none of that matters to me because "Trump is a jerk."
He has funny hair, and his skin is orange.
Liberal "logic" RULES!!!

Does Trump's hair have anything to do with the status of the stock market? I think not.

The Dow Jones industrial average suffered its biggest one-day point drop in history, plunging 1,175 points on Monday, February 5 and giving back all its 2018 gains as a flash-crash-style drop intensified a free fall in stocks that began last week.

Dow Jones hit by worst fall since 2008
3:56 pm on 6 February 2018

FOX News February 5, 2018

"Monday’s stock market losses come on the heels of the Dow dropping 666 points on Friday. Not coincidentally, Trump avoided any mention of the stock market during his speech in Ohio."

Evans Chamberlain Asset Management reports on stock market's worst crash since 2008 ...

Forbes OCT 30, 2017

Trump ranks 6th in stock market gains.

While the market has consistently gained under Trump, the gains haven’t been record-setting. From inauguration day on January 20 through October 27, the S&P 500 shows a 15.38% annualized rate of return. That’s less than the annualized percentages achieved under five other presidents.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #731 on: February 15, 2018, 02:30:27 PM »
The Dow Jones industrial average suffered its biggest one-day point drop in history, plunging 1,175 points on Monday, February 5 and giving back all its 2018 gains as a flash-crash-style drop intensified a free fall in stocks that began last week.

Your news is several days old.

Dow Jumps Over 300 Points, Posting Its Fifth Straight Day of Gains
The Dow, S&P 500 and Nasdaq all finish higher on Thursday.
By Joseph Woelfel 
Feb 15, 2018

https://www.thestreet.com/story/14489419/1/dow-jumps-stocks-are-higher-for-fifth-day.html

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #732 on: February 15, 2018, 02:41:08 PM »
Your news is several days old.

Dow Jumps Over 300 Points, Posting Its Fifth Straight Day of Gains
The Dow, S&P 500 and Nasdaq all finish higher on Thursday.
By Joseph Woelfel 
Feb 15, 2018

https://www.thestreet.com/story/14489419/1/dow-jumps-stocks-are-higher-for-fifth-day.html

My reply was a response and not intended to be current news. Stock markets rise and fall. That's a fact.

Updated: 5:15pm ET

Dow+1.23%
25,200.37  /  +306.88

Nasdaq +1.58%
7,256.43  /  +112.82

S&P +1.21%
2,731.20  /  +32.57

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #733 on: February 15, 2018, 02:42:48 PM »
My reply was a response and not intended to be current news. Stock markets rise and fall. That's a fact.

Updated: 5:15pm ET

Dow+1.23%
25,200.37  /  +306.88

Nasdaq +1.58%
7,256.43  /  +112.82

S&P +1.21%
2,731.20  /  +32.57

Looks like you have only posted in this thread when the market dropped, but not when the market increased.  Unless I missed one? 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #734 on: February 15, 2018, 03:10:02 PM »
Looks like you have only posted in this thread when the market dropped, but not when the market increased.  Unless I missed one?  

Your research is lacking. The first of a multitude of posts I made in this tread was last March.
Not only Democrats but some Republicans too if votes go the way his health-care proposal did.
. Since the market went down less then 2 weeks ago, this would suggest that I've posted here on many other topics. I'm not sure why you believe when I post has anything to do with the facts about how the stock market is doing.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #735 on: February 15, 2018, 03:34:42 PM »
Your research is lacking. The first of a multitude of posts I made in this tread was last March. . Since the market went down less then 2 weeks ago, this would suggest that I've posted here on many other topics. I'm not sure why you believe when I post has anything to do with the facts about how the stock market is doing.

Bruh, I was not going back through a year's worth of posts.  Thanks for clarifying. 

I should also clarify that you don't appear to post anything positive in this thread.  It appears as though you celebrate news if it negatively affects Trump.  You are not alone. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #736 on: February 15, 2018, 04:12:29 PM »
Bruh, I was not going back through a year's worth of posts.  Thanks for clarifying. 

I should also clarify that you don't appear to post anything positive in this thread.  It appears as though you celebrate news if it negatively affects Trump.  You are not alone. 

I've yet to find anything positive to post about Trump. I honestly wish there was. Can you suggest something supportive to post? What's his golf game like? I find nothing celebratory about anything Trump does or says. If he ever did something positive, I would celebrate that.

I could mention that Trump'd current wife is attractive and fashionable, but I'm not sure what this has to do with him, except to say that he pays for her clothes, jewelry, hair stylist and cosmetics.  Of course designers often "lend" their fashions to celebrities or otherwise heavily discount them just so their designs can be seen and talked about.

Speaking of Melania, do you think she will divorce Trump at some point like his other two wives did?  Marla Maples is pretty. Ivana never appealed to me. Ivanka appears to be genetically lucky when it comes to her appearance, considering what her parents look like.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #737 on: February 15, 2018, 04:22:02 PM »
Does Trump's hair have anything to do with the status of the stock market? I think not.

Then please explain the significance of your post I quoted.

I never claimed the POTUS is directly responsible for the stock market performance.
I'm merely questioning why frail, delusional, geriatric little fellows such as you like to cite DJIA drops, but neglect to mention gains and/or overall performance.

You certainly allude to certain "suggestiveness," but ONLY when it supports your warped perception of reality.
Common for liberals.
That's why you lost this last round.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #738 on: February 15, 2018, 04:23:47 PM »
I should also clarify that you don't appear to post anything positive in this thread.  It appears as though you celebrate news if it negatively affects Trump. 

This is 100% accurate, although he will deny it with lots of expected deflection.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #739 on: February 15, 2018, 04:26:27 PM »
Speaking of Melania, do you think she will divorce Trump at some point like his other two wives did?

Please explain what Melania has got to do with Trump's performance as POTUS.
I'm sure it's got less to do than Bill Clinton's performance while cigar-fucking Monica.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #740 on: February 15, 2018, 04:57:24 PM »
I've yet to find anything positive to post about Trump. I honestly wish there was. Can you suggest something supportive to post? What's his golf game like? I find nothing celebratory about anything Trump does or says. If he ever did something positive, I would celebrate that.

I could mention that Trump'd current wife is attractive and fashionable, but I'm not sure what this has to do with him, except to say that he pays for her clothes, jewelry, hair stylist and cosmetics.  Of course designers often "lend" their fashions to celebrities or otherwise heavily discount them just so their designs can be seen and talked about.

Speaking of Melania, do you think she will divorce Trump at some point like his other two wives did?  Marla Maples is pretty. Ivana never appealed to me. Ivanka appears to be genetically lucky when it comes to her appearance, considering what her parents look like.

Cutting taxes, appointing an outstanding SecDef then getting out of the way and letting him take back in just one year all of the ground we lost in Iraq under Obama, a terrific supreme court appointment, the dramatic increase in consumer confidence, etc.  If you don't see anything positive you are just covering your eyes and plugging your ears.   

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #741 on: February 15, 2018, 04:59:29 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #742 on: February 15, 2018, 05:02:07 PM »

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #743 on: February 16, 2018, 02:46:36 PM »

This is 100% accurate, although he will deny it with lots of expected deflection.

-No need to deny it. You are wrong and that's 100% accurate.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #744 on: February 16, 2018, 02:51:56 PM »

He is?  In order for him to be wrong, that means you did in fact post something positive in this thread and you did celebrate news in thread that positively affected Trump.    

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #745 on: February 16, 2018, 02:52:57 PM »

Please explain what Melania has got to do with Trump's performance as POTUS.
I'm sure it's got less to do than Bill Clinton's performance while cigar-fucking Monica.

Have you ever heard the saying, "Behind every successful man, there is a woman?"  ;D

Melania is Trump's wife. Monica was Clinton's dalliance. Exactly what is your point?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #746 on: February 16, 2018, 02:53:36 PM »

^^ Quod erat demonstrandum.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #747 on: February 16, 2018, 02:54:27 PM »
He is?  In order for him to be wrong, that means you did in fact post something positive in this thread and you did not celebrate news in thread that positively affected Trump.    

Here comes the deflection...

Notice how he characteristically and expectedly glossed over/avoided my question of why he only suggests stock drops are related to the POTUS, but refuses to attribute increases to him.

He also ignored answering how he finds nothing "positive" about this:
Cutting taxes, appointing an outstanding SecDef then getting out of the way and letting him take back in just one year all of the ground we lost in Iraq under Obama, a terrific supreme court appointment, the dramatic increase in consumer confidence, etc.  If you don't see anything positive you are just covering your eyes and plugging your ears.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #748 on: February 16, 2018, 03:43:36 PM »

I'll get back to you on my view of the tax "cuts" a year from now. Oregon's legislature just passed a bill on February 13 that responds to the expected loss of revenue under Trump's tax plan. A second bill is in the works. The Oregon Senate could vote as soon as Tuesday on new state tax rules in response to the federal tax overhaul. Because the plan would reconfigure a controversial state business tax break, it could turn into the first major showdown between Democrats and Republicans in the short 35-day session. Altogether, the changes could bring in $220 million for the current budget, according to economists for the Legislature.  

The Secretary of Defense is appointed by the President with the advice and consent of the Senate, and is by custom a member of the Cabinet and by law a member of the National Security Council. Jim Mattis seems like a good choice, albeit a choice not in keeping with the law, Which is why Congress had to pass a waiver for his appointment.

Neil Gorsuch is well-educated. There are those who disagree with his appointment. "Judge Gorsuch has repeatedly sided with corporations over working people, demonstrated a hostility toward women's rights, and most troubling, hewed to an ideological approach to jurisprudence that makes me skeptical that he can be a strong, independent justice on the court," Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said. Personally, I hope Schumer is wrong.

The Conference Board Consumer Confidence Index® increased in January, following a decline in December. Consumer confidence has been steadily increasing since 2009. Although Trump  claimed that it is at an all time high, it isn't. Consumer confidence was higher in 2000 during Clinton's presidency.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #749 on: February 16, 2018, 04:22:04 PM »
He is?  In order for him to be wrong, that means you did in fact post something positive in this thread and you did celebrate news in thread that positively affected Trump.    

One of my posts in this thread was a line of  ;D.  I think this is fairly positive.  ;D

You've altered the original question which had to do with my posts regarding the stock market by adding the underlined above. I've been posting in this thread since March 2017. Most of my posts have nothing to do with the stock market.

As for positive posts about Trump, I've already acknowledged this with the reply shown below.