Author Topic: perfect form vs maximum weights  (Read 4143 times)

denarii

• Getbig V
Re: perfect form vs maximum weights
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2016, 01:40:48 AM »
And now he's a cripple

you dont have to squat 700lbs to be lifting heavy

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2016, 01:57:17 AM »
both!
body loves repetition and pattern so it can adapt and stagnate, the lazy bastard.
gotta throw it off, sets of perfect form using max weight for that form, TUT etc.

Mixed with sets or days of lesser form and heavier weight, more explosiveness to overload muscle and add new stress.
Still need to hit target muscle effectively though, but things like turnaround point of rep and force generated are really emphasized with heavier poundage so sacrificing a bit of form to achieve this isn't bad at all.

Poundstone had a good saying, everything can work but nothing can work forever. Need to add new stimulus and stress.

Are you trying to imply you 'shock' the muscle....

goku

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2016, 01:59:22 AM »

Are you trying to imply you 'shock' the muscle....

No i'm trying to imply you add a new stress to it....

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2016, 02:18:26 AM »
Its easy enough getting hurt training correctly, youl gain nothing spending months injured...

I've trained around  20yrs, if I had my time around id train much lighter and emphasise contractions etc after 5 years training properly you are  more or less stuck at that size the rest of your training days, it takes years to realise chasing weights makes no difference

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2016, 02:23:42 AM »
thanks guys.

ill stick to proper form.

light weight baby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2016, 02:32:20 AM »
And now he's a cripple
clap for yourself f@ggot

Simple Simon

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2016, 04:19:41 AM »
Its easy enough getting hurt training correctly, youl gain nothing spending months injured...

I've trained around  20yrs, if I had my time around id train much lighter and emphasise contractions etc after 5 years training properly you are  more or less stuck at that size the rest of your training days, it takes years to realise chasing weights makes no difference

and the sooner people came to terms with that they would be a lot happier and less likely to destroy their internal organs

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2016, 05:28:27 AM »
Perfect form, less chance of injury.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2016, 10:43:13 AM »
and the sooner people came to terms with that they would be a lot happier and less likely to destroy their internal organs

Its hard to come to terms with... I know  blokes older who've trained longer who still dont accept this, its truly mind boggling

dseiler

• Getbig III
  • GOING OFF THE DEEP END. FUCK IT
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2016, 11:15:51 AM »
Use a full range of motion. You are there to work the muscle and not to impress anyone with the weight used. The gym is full of short rep warriors using big weights.  Use the heaviest weight you can use with a full range of motion.  You should do the exercise in the hardest fashion and not the easiest. That means not loading the leg press with the weight of a  car while barely bending your knees. Grabbing the giant dumbbells and never going all the way down is just ego lifting. Don't do delusional ego lifting.  I see young guys doing rack deadlifts from a raised position and I know they could never pull that weight off the floor.

I see even casual lifters doing it. I have a 60 something man in my gym that only uses machines. He puts the pin on the bottom of the stack and does partials for everything thinking he is the strongest guy in the gym.  An example of this is the shoulder press. He lowers the seat to the bottom. Now the handles are in the half rep position.  He forces the weight up and proceeds to do half to quarter reps.  Just delusional.

For every steaming pile topic of shit, you find an undigested nugget of wisdom.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2016, 11:23:54 AM »
Recently had to lighten all weights (well didn't HAVE to but thought it wise to) after getting 3 surgical hernias on my old scars, untill then barely ever went over 5 reps a set, to be honest it's been a massive eye opener switching to higher reps and volume, thought I would lose size but if owt several if not all bodyparts look far better, and am slightly less fat (I hesitate to say leaner haha) from the added volume.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2016, 04:04:33 PM »
No one even understands the first thing about form anyway, and if they do, they can't communicate it.  Work on improving your sensitivity, don't listen to other people.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2016, 04:19:34 PM »

Poundstone had a good saying, everything can work but nothing can work forever. Need to add new stimulus and stress.

So true

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2016, 04:44:43 PM »
So true

if its true then where is the evidence?

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2016, 06:25:50 PM »
if its true then where is the evidence?

I don't know what you're asking. You never stagnate from doing the same exercise routine? Is that not evidence enough?

light weight baby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2016, 06:33:05 PM »
I don't know what you're asking. You never stagnate from doing the same exercise routine? Is that not evidence enough?

you can only notice you are stagnating, not "stagnating from doing the same exercise routine"

ronnie coleman did the same routine all his career

it's about steroids/insulin/legit kigs

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2016, 11:32:37 PM »
Kai doing partial reps just how your suppose to do, all you no size fucks don't understand once your
Over 270 pounds partial reps are normal range of motion

Kai and the other pro bb:rs do what they do with experience of 20+ years of training. Most of them have that "mind & muscle" connection which you guys don't even understand, so they feel what stimulates the muscle and what not. 96% of you guys think that you just go and bench, and more is better. Kai knows that weight used has no significance what so ever, but the feeling in the muscle has. You can copy his partials but if you don't have that same mind & muscle connection, you probably waste your time.

Charlys69

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2016, 11:53:56 PM »
for what Goal ?   get bigger muscles, or get as strong as possible.....= 2 different answers