Author Topic: #FakeNews Mega Thread  (Read 12433 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: #FakeNews Mega Thread
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2017, 03:22:04 PM »
I agree, I can't stop laughing...

I've been laughing at o'twink and MOBACCA for years now

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
a

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2017, 02:35:47 AM »
a

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2017, 08:42:12 AM »
a

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2017, 09:31:57 AM »
a

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2017, 05:43:45 AM »
a

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2017, 12:42:29 PM »
These people are rabid.  Reminds me of the reporters who interviewed Dr. Carson's elementary or middle school classmates trying to discredit a story from his book. 

Fake News? Gorsuch Founded ‘Fascism Forever’ Club in High School
By Geoffrey Dickens | February 2, 2017

Did Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch found a “Fascism Forever” club when he was in high school or is he simply the latest victim of fake news?

The New York Post, The Daily Mail, U.S. News and World Report, Vice News and Keith Olbermann, on Thursday, all ran with the story that when he was at Georgetown Prep, Gorsuch founded and led a pro-fascism club.

However, the National Review’s Ed Whelan has questioned the seriousness and accuracy of the story. According to Whelan: “The supposed evidence for their claim is the blurb on him in his high-school yearbook. Earth to newpaper reporters: High-school yearbook editors sometimes have a sophomoric sense of humor. I am reliably informed that no such club ever existed and that there was instead an inside joke among friends in the senior class that parodied political debates happening at the school. A contemporary of Gorsuch’s at the school also tells me that yearbook editors added stuff to student blurbs without their permission.”

On February 2, the The Daily Mail reported the following:

Supreme Court Justice nominee Neil Gorsuch founded and led a student group called the ‘Fascism Forever Club’ at his elite high school, DailyMail.com can reveal. The club was set up to rally against the ‘left-wing tendencies’ of his professors while attending a Jesuit all-boys preparatory high school near Washington D.C. The name may be inconvenient for a Supreme Court nominee facing a tough confirmation battle. However it also shows the depth of Gorscuch’s right-wing credentials – and his penchant for mischief while attending his exclusive prep school in the 1980s.

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/2017/02/02/fake-news-gorsuch-founded-facism-forever-club-high-school

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2017, 05:40:09 PM »
WaPo Caught Red Handed In Big Lie, Tries To Quietly Overhaul Entire Piece
Rachel Stoltzfoos
Reporter
03/31/2017

The Washington Post quietly rewrote a story about a Congressman using the Bible to bash poor people Friday, after a writer at the Federalist published a systematic break down of the piece that exposed major holes and mistakes in the story.

Caitlin Dewey’s initial write-up in the paper (which recently adopted the slogan “Democracy Dies In Darkness”) did not include a single quote from the Texas representative she basically accused of using the Bible to justify taking food from starving people. The story also incorrectly referred to “2 Thessalonians 3-10,” and wildly mischaracterized Rep. Jody Arrington’s statements on the verse.

While Arrington did reference 2 Thessalonians 3:10 (The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat) in a discussion of food stamps, he did not, as The WaPo article suggested, use it to argue unemployed people should not be allowed to eat.

After Sean Davis pointed out these mistakes and others in the Federalist Friday, someone at The Washington Post went through and majorly reworked the story. In fact, it appears the stealth edits are a direct answer to his piece. The story now includes the full quote from Arrington and other adjustments, although the incorrect verse reference remains.

Davis wrote: “There are a few problems … with that story from Washington Post reporter Caitlin Dewey: the lawmaker never said that, the Bible never says that, and the Washington Post article never even quotes the Texas Republican as saying that. In fact, the article doesn’t quote Arrington a single time. Not one word. Because democracy dies in darkness, or something.”

Here’s what Arrington did say:

“I did hear, Mr. Protas, your opening remarks where you quoted Leviticus, I believe, and I think that’s a great reflection on the character of God and the compassion of God’s heart and how we ought to reflect that compassion in our lives.

But, there’s also, the scripture tells us in 2 Thessalonians 3:10: “For even when we were with you we gave you this rule: ‘If a man will not work, he shall not eat.’” And then he goes on to say, “We hear that some among you are idle.”

I think that every American, Republican or Democrat, wants to help the neediest among us. And I think it’s a reasonable expectation that we have work requirements. I think that gives more credibility quite frankly, to SNAP. Tell me what is a reasonable and responsible work requirement as part of the SNAP program?”

Following the stealth edits, Davis tweeted: “WaPo was forced to rewrite its garbage hit job, still left errors uncorrected, and refused to admit error. Boy is there egg on my face.”

Read the full post in the Federalist here.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/31/wapo-caught-red-handed-in-big-lie-tries-to-quietly-overhaul-entire-piece/#ixzz4dKa70g7I

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2017, 04:08:16 PM »
Trump and Mattis team up to refute NBC nuke report, blast 'disgusting' press
Brooke Singman By Brooke Singman, Fox News

The conflicting signals out of the administration come after a successful U.S. shootdown of a ballistic missile; Jennifer Griffin reports for 'Special Report'

President Trump and Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis on Wednesday publicly refuted an NBC News report that claimed the commander-in-chief wanted to drastically increase the U.S. nuclear arsenal, with Trump calling the press "disgusting."

On the sidelines of a meeting in the Oval Office with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, Trump slammed the NBC report that said he sought a “nearly tenfold increase” in the nuclear arsenal during a summer meeting.

“Frankly, it’s disgusting the press is able to write whatever it wants to write and people should look into it,” Trump told reporters. “I never discussed increasing [the nuclear arsenal]. That is fake news by NBC, which gives a lot of fake news recently.”

Trump added that he only wants “modernization” and “rehabilitation” of the stockpile.

“It’s got to be in tip-top shape,” Trump said. “I know the capability we have, and it is awesome. It is massive.”

Trump continued to slam the press for allegedly making up sources. “There are no sources,” he claimed.

Mattis issued a brief statement shortly afterward saying: "Recent reports that the President called for an increase in the U.S. nuclear arsenal are absolutely false. This kind of erroneous reporting is irresponsible."

FILE - In this June 13, 2017 file photo, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis listens on Capitol Hill in Washington. Mattis is issuing his own sharp threat to North Korea, saying the regime should cease any consideration of actions that would "lead to the end of its regime and the destruction of its people."   (AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin, File)
Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said the NBC report was "erroneous" and "irresponsible."  (AP)
Earlier Wednesday, Trump openly threatened to go after the licenses of "NBC and the Networks," as he ratched up his complaints about "Fake News" -- apparently in response to the nuclear arsenal report. 

“With all of the Fake News coming out of NBC and the Networks, at what point is it appropriate to challenge their License? Bad for country!” Trump tweeted.

Follow
Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
With all of the Fake News coming out of NBC and the Networks, at what point is it appropriate to challenge their License? Bad for country!
3:55 AM - Oct 11, 2017
 64,139 64,139 Replies   17,246 17,246 Retweets   71,118 71,118 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy
He tweeted earlier: “Fake @NBCNews made up a story that I wanted a ‘tenfold’ increase in our U.S. nuclear arsenal. Pure fiction, made up to demean. NBC=CNN!”

The president's comments reportedly came during a gathering with national security leaders. NBC reported that Trump’s comments were in response to a briefing slide that was presented showing a decrease in U.S. nuclear weapons since the late 1960s.

TILLERSON BLASTS REPORT OF RIFT WITH TRUMP, AS PRESIDENT RIPS ‘FAKE NEWS’

“Trump indicated he wanted a bigger stockpile, not the bottom position on that downward-sloping curve,” NBC News reported.

Officials reportedly were surprised by Trump’s suggestion, but said no expansion in the nuclear arsenal was planned.

A representative for NBC News did not immediately return a request for comment Wednesday, though MSNBC host Ali Velshi tweeted that the network "stands by our reporting."

Follow
Ali Velshi ✔ @AliVelshi
Great to see your commitment to accuracy @realDonaldTrump. @NBCNews stands by our reporting https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/918112884630093825https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/918112884630093825
4:01 AM - Oct 11, 2017
 141 141 Replies   208 208 Retweets   872 872 likes
The president's and the government's power in this area could be limited anyway. According to the FCC’s own guidelines, the commission only licenses individual broadcast stations, not entire “TV or radio networks (such as CBS, NBC, ABC or Fox).”

This isn’t the first time the president has blasted NBC News' reporting. Just last week, the network reported on rifts between the president and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, claiming Tillerson considered resigning over the summer and once called the president a “moron.”

Both Trump and Tillerson disputed the report, which had claimed Vice President Pence even intervened to assuage Tillerson's concerns.

“My commitment to the success of our president and our country is as strong as it was the day I accepted his offer to serve as secretary of state…There is much to be done, and we’re just getting started,” Tillerson said last week. “The vice president has never had to persuade me to remain as secretary of state because I have never considered leaving this post.”

Trump blasted the report as “Fake News.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10/11/trump-and-mattis-team-up-to-refute-nbc-nuke-report-blast-disgusting-press.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2017, 04:17:39 PM »
WH: Anti-Gay Pence Reports 'Outrageous, Offensive, Untrue'
By Cathy Burke   |   Tuesday, 17 Oct 2017

The White House on Tuesday rebuked portions of a New Yorker profile of Vice President Mike Pence — including an anecdote President Donald Trump once joked Pence "wants to hang" gay people, Politico reported.

According to the New Yorker piece, the president mocked Pence behind his back for his religious beliefs and asked people who met with him if Pence made them pray.

It also reported that during a meeting about gay rights, Trump told a visitor not to bother asking Pence's opinion because "He wants to hang them all."

"From start to finish the article relied on fiction rather than facts," White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement to Politico.

"The president has the highest level of respect for the vice president, and for his deeply held faith. The suggestion that he would make such outrageous remarks is offensive and untrue. The anecdote was meant to divide, not unite and is completely false."

The New Yorker, in an email, said it stands by its reporting, and asserted Pence's press office "declined to participate in this story for months, after multiple requests for interviews, comment, and fact-checking," Politico reported.

The statement also asserted it talked to "more than sixty people" to confirm its reporting, including "multiple people who were in the room when President Trump joked that Vice-President Pence 'wants to hang' gay people. We stand by the story."

Pence's office put out a statement of its own criticizing the story.

"Articles like this are why the American people have lost so much faith in the press," Pence's press secretary, Alyssa Farah, said in a statement. "The New Yorker piece is filled with unsubstantiated, unsourced claims that are untrue and offensive."

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/vice-president-mike-pence-lgbtq-gay-rights/2017/10/17/id/820359/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2017, 04:06:32 PM »

Being chiefly responsible for one bogus narrative in a day is bad enough for a professional newsroom. Being responsible for two fabrications in the same morning is inexcusable.

President Trump was in Japan this weekend to discuss trade with Prime Minister Shinzo Abe. The president also met with Japanese business leaders in Tokyo to discuss auto manufacturing in the U.S.

On Monday, CNN published a story that included this snide headline: “Trump asks Japan to build cars in the U.S. It already does.”

“President Trump wants Japan Inc to ‘try’ building vehicles in the U.S.,” read the story’s opening lines.

The report added in what its author must’ve thought was a solid burn, “Japanese automakers … already have huge factories in the U.S. that churn out millions of cars each year.”

Slate followed CNN’s lead, publishing an article with the headline: "Trump Begs Japanese Automakers to Build Their Cars in America, Which They Already Do."

Trump's address before Japanese business leaders, the Slate story concluded, raise serious “questions about his familiarity with basic facts about the American economy.”

These would indeed be great owns and real questions were it not for the fact that the president’s address to Japanese business leaders definitely shows he’s aware they build cars here in the U.S.

“When you want to build your auto plants, you will have your approvals almost immediately," Trump said Monday. "When you want to expand your plants, you will have your approvals almost immediately."

He added, “And in the room, we have a couple of the great folks from two of the biggest auto companies in the world that are building new plants and doing expansions of other plants. And you know who you are, and I want to just thank you very much. I want to thank you.”

There’s more:

I also want to recognize the business leaders in the room whose confidence in the United States — they've been creating jobs — you have such confidence in the United States, and you've been creating jobs for our country for a long, long time. Several Japanese automobile industry firms have been really doing a job. And we love it when you build cars — if you're a Japanese firm, we love it — try building your cars in the United States instead of shipping them over. Is that possible to ask? That's not rude. Is that rude? I don't think so. (Laughter.) If you could build them. But I must say, Toyota and Mazda — where are you? Are you here, anybody? Toyota? Mazda? I thought so. Oh, I thought that was you. That's big stuff. Congratulations. Come on, let me shake your hand. (Applause.) They're going to invest $1.6 billion in building a new manufacturing plant, which will create as many as 4,000 new jobs in the United States. Thank you very much. Appreciate it.

If that isn't enough to show CNN and others relied on an uncharitable and incomplete reading of the president’s remarks to get in their digs, the Washington Post’s Aaron Blake highlighted other instances where Trump demonstrated he's definitely aware the Japanese manufacture in the U.S.

“Trump has … tweeted about Toyota and Mazda building that plant," Blake noted. “And he signed a letter applauding Toyota for its expansion in the United States.”

CNN has since amended its article so that the headline now reads, “Trump wants Japan to build more cars in the U.S.”

The story also includes an editor’s note that reads, “The original version of this article and its headline did not make clear that President Trump had praised Japanese automakers for expanding existing U.S. facilities and for making new investments in the U.S. The article and headline have been updated.”

I don’t know if it’s laziness or outright malice (or both) that leads to these stupid, maddening, false narratives in the press, but CNN and others need to step up their game.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2017, 05:21:15 PM »
No one is going to take a man who fucked Rosanne Barr, then got dumped, seriously about anything.

This is the one post we'll all agree on 100%. ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2017, 08:13:58 AM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2018, 09:00:42 AM »
President Trump reveals winners of his ‘Fake News’ awards
By Paulina Dedaj   | Fox News

President Trump revealed the winners of his self-proclaimed ‘Fake News’ awards Wednesday night on Twitter -- with The New York Times topping the list.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
And the FAKE NEWS winners are...https://gop.com/the-highly-anticipated-2017-fake-news-awards/

3:00 PM - Jan 17, 2018

The Highly Anticipated 2017 Fake News Awards
2017 has been a year of unrelenting bias, unfair news coverage, and even downright fake news.

gop.com
 28,720 28,720 Replies   26,306 26,306 Retweets   64,950 64,950 likes
CNN also came out as a “winner,” with the left-leaning news network making the list four times.

The list, published on GOP.com, noted that “studies have shown that over 90% of the media’s coverage of President Trump is negative.” It went on to call 2017 “a year of unrelenting bias, unfair news coverage and even downright fake news.”

Coming in first place was The New York Times’ Paul Krugman for his prediction that the stock markets would never recover from Trump’s election.

Nobel Prize winning economist Paul Krugman smiles during the World Business Forum in New York October 7, 2009.   REUTERS/Chip East (UNITED STATES BUSINESS) - GM1E5A80ARB01
Paul Krugman in 2009.  (REUTERS/Chip East)

In a bit of irony, the Dow Jones industrial average closed above 26,000 for the first time on Wednesday.

The Times was followed by ABC News’ Brian Ross for his botched report that Trump advised former National Security advisor Michael Flynn to make contact with Russian officials during the 2016 campaign.

NEW YORK, NY - JANUARY 4:  Brian Ross, journalist and ABC News Chief Investigative Correspondent spotted leaving ABC Studios in New York, New York on January 4, 2017.  Photo Credit: Rainmaker Photo/MediaPunch/IPX
ABC News' Brian Ross in January 2017.  (Rainmaker Photo/MediaPunch/IPX)

The list pointed to a false CNN report that Trump had early access to “hacked documents” from Wikileaks, a video that suggested Trump overfed fish in a visit with the Japanese prime minister and a report that former FBI Director James Comey would deny saying Trump was told he was not under investigation.

The Times appeared on the list again for a false report that the Trump administration hid a report on climate change.

Newsweek sent a tweet out Wednesday evening acknowledging its “award.”

Newsweek

@Newsweek
Fake News Awards: Newsweek came in 8th place!  http://bit.ly/2DmQ8Ni

5:02 PM - Jan 17, 2018
 55 55 Replies   28 28 Retweets   93 93 likes
The final “winner” on the list, as Trump described it: “And last, but not least: 'RUSSIA COLLUSION!' Russian collusion is perhaps the greatest hoax perpetrated on the American people. THERE IS NO COLLUSION!”

The website carrying the results of the “Fake News Awards” crashed because it was flooded with visitors after Trump tweeted out the link.

Without naming anyone, Trump also tweeted out his praise for the “many great reporters.”

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Despite some very corrupt and dishonest media coverage, there are many great reporters I respect and lots of GOOD NEWS for the American people to be proud of!

3:05 PM - Jan 17, 2018
 11,152 11,152 Replies   14,451 14,451 Retweets   67,182 67,182 likes
He continued, “Despite some very corrupt and dishonest media coverage, there are many great reporters I respect and lots of GOOD NEWS for the American people to be proud of!”

Below is the full list of winners of the 2017 Fake News Awards.

1)     The New York Times’ Paul Krugman claiming markets would ‘never’ recover from a Trump presidency

2)     ABC News' Brian Ross’ bungled report on former national security adviser Michael Flynn

3)     CNN falsely reporting the Trump campaign had early access to hacked documents from WikiLeaks

4)     TIME report that Trump removed a bust of Martin Luther King, Jr. from the Oval Office

5)     The Washington Post’s Dave Weigel tweeting that Trump’s December rally in Pensacola, Florida, wasn’t packed with supporters

6)     CNN’s video suggesting Trump overfed fish during a visit with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe

7)     CNN’s retracted report claiming Anthony Scaramucci-Russia ties

8 )     Newsweek report that Polish First Lady Agata Kornhauser-Duda did not shake Trump’s hand

9)     CNN report that former FBI Director James Comey would dispute President Trump’s claim he was told he was not under investigation

10)  The New York Times report that the Trump administration had hidden a climate-change study

11)  In Trump’s words, "‘RUSSIA COLLUSION!’ Russian collusion is perhaps the greatest hoax perpetrated on the American people. THERE IS NO COLLUSION!”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/17/president-trump-reveals-winners-his-fake-news-awards.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2018, 06:48:43 PM »
Has he quit yet?

White House worried FBI director could quit over Nunes memo release
By Dana Bash, Jeff Zeleny and Evan Perez, CNN
February 1, 2018

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/01/politics/white-house-worried-wray-nunes-memo/index.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2018, 12:00:57 PM »
Fake News Flashback: CNN Declared Trump ‘Bonkers’ for Saying Clinton, Dems Behind Dossier
by JOHN NOLTE
7 Feb 2018

Writing for the far-left CNN back in October, Chris Cillizza declared President Donald Trump “bonkers” and “crazy” for suggesting what turned out to be 100 percent true: that the Democrats, Hillary Clinton, the FBI, and Russia, were all behind what is known as the “Russian dossier.”

t is deeply irresponsible for a president of the United States to even flirt with this sort of conspiracy talk,” the overwrought Cillizza wrote, adding, “[T]he idea that the Russians, the Democrats and the FBI co-funded a dossier designed to discredit Trump’s 2016 campaign is totally bonkers.”

What set Cillizza off on his fake news spree was an October 19, 2017, Trump tweet that said, “Workers of firm [Fusion GPS] involved with the discredited and Fake Dossier take the 5th. Who paid for it, Russia, the FBI or the Dems (or all)?”

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Workers of firm involved with the discredited and Fake Dossier take the 5th. Who paid for it, Russia, the FBI or the Dems (or all)?
1:56 AM - Oct 19, 2017
57K people are talking about this

In the months since that tweet, everything Trump suggested has been proven correct.

Thanks to congressional investigators (and no thanks to a media that has worked overtime to stop these facts from coming out), we now know that 1) some of the most salacious and discredited details in the dossier came from Russian operatives. 2) Democrats and the Hillary Clinton campaign paid millions of dollars for the phony dossier. 3) the FBI also funded the dossier by hiring its author, former-British spy Christopher Steele, who was determined to see Trump defeated in the presidential election.

Moreover, even disgraced former-FBI Director James Comey has declared the dossier “salacious and unverified.” Unless you want to count mundane details that do not matter, in the months since October, despite billions of corporate media dollars being spent to verify the dossier, still nothing is verified in what we now know is a political document paid for by Democrats to spy on their political opponent, which, to their disgrace, the FBI did.

Trump’s tweet was dead on accurate — every single point in it, every word. And yet, here is CNN’s left-wing Cillizza smearing Trump as “crazy” and bonkers,” even though CNN had no way of knowing if his tweet was or was not accurate [emphasis added]:

The bigger issue — at least to me — is that Trump is suggesting that the dossier itself was funded by some combination of a foreign power, the opposition political party and a federal law enforcement agency.

It’s easy to roll your eyes at the very suggestion and dismiss that idea as just Trump being Trump. “You guys always take him literally,” Trump’s supporters will say. “You shouldn’t.

But here’s the thing: President Trump is, um, the President. Which means he is held to the same standard every past president is held to. And by that standard, this tweet is crazy.

The point here is that it is deeply irresponsible for a president of the United States to even flirt with this sort of conspiracy talk. You can love Donald Trump and still believe that the idea that the Russians, the Democrats and the FBI co-funded a dossier designed to discredit Trump’s 2016 campaign is totally bonkers.

Without knowing the facts, CNN declaring Trump “crazy” and “bonkers” is, of course, more evidence of the Climate of Hate the last-place cable channel has been building around Trump for almost two years.

The failing network has been working overtime to plant the idea that Trump is a unique danger to America, or as CNN anti-Trump commentator Jake Tapper regularly puts it, Trump is “un-American,” “unpatriotic,” “unmoored,” and “unhinged.”

Despite the Daily Caller calling Cillizza and CNN out for this false reporting, nothing has been updated, corrected, or retracted.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2018/02/07/fake-news-flashback-cnn-declared-trump-bonkers-saying-clinton-dems-behind-dossier/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2018, 03:47:06 PM »
CNN’s Chris Cuomo Melts Down After Spreading Fake News About AR-15 Purchase
by JOHN NOLTE
21 Feb 2018

CNN’s Chris Cuomo, the anti-Trump pundit who hosts CNN’s failing morning show, spread fake news about a gun purchase and then melted down after he was called out for it.
The story Cuomo retweeted is titled “I was able to buy an AR-15 in five minutes — I’m 20 and my ID is expired.” But the headline is completely false.  The young man did not buy the weapon or go through a background check. So he did not buy an AR-15 in five minutes. He did not buy an AR-15 at all.

“After he walked me through the paperwork, all five pages of it,” the non-buyer eventually admits, “I told him I changed my mind and wanted to think more before I bought an AR-15.”

The non-buyer also admits that he did not even fill out the paperwork, “If I had stayed for maybe three minutes longer to fill out less paperwork than I did for the hiring process at my school’s bookstore, I would’ve driven home with an AR-15.”

The non-buyer is also sketchy about the facts surrounding his expired ID. “I gave him my license, then reached for my receipt showing I renewed it the week before,” he writes, and then adds that the clerk asked for even more verification of his identity: “Before I even got it out of my pocket, the employee told me I was good and I just needed my vehicle registration for verification. He didn’t notice that my license had expired recently.”

advertisement

Finally, the non-buyer tries to alarm us with the news that he went through “no extensive background check.” But that is what all that paperwork is for, the background check — which he never filled out.

After you fill out the paperwork, all of that information is fed into the national background check system, a process that once took me 45 minutes.

An accurate headline would read “After Five Minutes of Window Shopping a Clerk Offered to Sell Me an AR-15” — but that is not a story, that is a diary entry.

Nevertheless, the anti-gun Cuomo, who identifies as an objective journalist, retweeted this fake news, and was eventually called on it by Chet Cannon: “Hey, Chris Cuomo from CNN. Saw the article you retweeted: ‘I WAS ABLE TO BUY AN AR-15 IN 5 MINUTES[.]’ Did you see the part where he admits to neither filling out the necessary paperwork (which would initiate the background check) NOR purchasing the AR-15? Weird.”

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter

Chet Cannon

@Chet_Cannon
Hey, @ChrisCuomo from CNN. Saw the article you retweeted: “I WAS ABLE TO BUY AN AR-15 IN 5 MINUTES”

Did you see the part where he admits to neither filling out the necessary paperwork (which would initiate the background check) NOR purchasing the AR-15? Weird.
7:04 PM - Feb 20, 2018
3,436 people are talking about this

Rather than apologize for spreading fake news, Cuomo spread even more disinformation. “Isn’t the point that the kid’s age and lack of ID wasn’t a deterrent,” Cuomo asked. The obvious answer to Cuomo’s desperate dissembling is no. The article clearly states that the clerk did not notice that the ID was expired, so we do not know what would have happened if he had. Moreover, the non-buyer’s ID had just been renewed and he had the verification to prove it.

Charles C.W. Cooke, editor of National Review Online, called Cuomo out for compounding the non-buyer’s lie with one of his (Cuomo’s) own. “The point is that the kid lied about buying a gun that he didn’t, and that you are now lying too,” Cooke wrote.

12h

Christopher C. Cuomo

@ChrisCuomo
Isn’t the point that the kid’s age and lack of ID wasn’t a deterrent? and this isn’t all gun shops. Place I bought my shotgun basically goes farther than law requires and makes judgments about whom to sell to. Point is the system should be better https://twitter.com/chet_cannon/status/966176686931959813

Charles C. W. Cooke

@charlescwcooke
The point is that the kid lied about buying a gun that he didn’t, and that you are now lying too.
1:59 AM - Feb 21, 2018
622 people are talking about this

This is when Cuomo melted down, starting with at least four hysterical non sequiturs and three shrill straw men: “Lying? Look if you want to fight against background checks, make the case. Whether it is calling the kids actors or LYING about how no laws could stop the shootings…that is the bs to call out. 97% of people want better checks. Why fight that?”

Christopher C. Cuomo

@ChrisCuomo
Lying? Look if you want to fight against background checks, make the case. Whether it is calling the kids actors or LYING about how no laws could stop the shootings...that is the bs to call out. 97% of people want better checks. Why fight that? https://twitter.com/charlescwcooke/status/966281123348320257
2:23 AM - Feb 21, 2018
781 people are talking about this

1) Cooke said nothing about background checks. 2) Cooke never called the school kids CNN is under fire for exploiting “actors.” 3) Cooke never said anything about laws not stopping shootings. 4) Cooke never said anything about what percentage of Americans want background checks. 5) Cooke is not fighting anything except Cuomo spreading fake news.

Cuomo’s meltdown continued after another Twitter user accused him of lying to “get the outcome he desires.”

“Many ignore you – not me,” the arrogant Cuomo shrieked, before hurling all the same straw men that have nothing to do with Cuomo spreading the fake news about the five-minute AR-15 non-purchase.

Christopher C. Cuomo

@ChrisCuomo
Many ignore you - not me. Shame on you for calling the truth lies. school shootings can be stopped. Background checks must be better. Kids like this murderer in Florida should not be able to legally purchase. if you don’t get that, you may not have mental capacity to own a gun. https://twitter.com/major_skidmark/status/966280410262114304
2:27 AM - Feb 21, 2018
176 people are talking about this

This is the second time in less than a week the left-wing Cuomo has been caught spreading fake news.

A mere four days ago, after Sen. Ted Cruz had already recorded a 15-minute interview with the far-left CNN, Cuomo taunted the Republican senator for refusing to appear on CNN.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2018/02/21/cnns-chris-cuomo-melts-spreading-fake-news-ar-15-purchase/

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2018, 02:50:32 AM »
CNN’s Chris Cuomo Melts Down After Spreading Fake News About AR-15 Purchase
by JOHN NOLTE
21 Feb 2018

CNN’s Chris Cuomo, the anti-Trump pundit who hosts CNN’s failing morning show, spread fake news about a gun purchase and then melted down after he was called out for it.
The story Cuomo retweeted is titled “I was able to buy an AR-15 in five minutes — I’m 20 and my ID is expired.” But the headline is completely false.  The young man did not buy the weapon or go through a background check. So he did not buy an AR-15 in five minutes. He did not buy an AR-15 at all.

“After he walked me through the paperwork, all five pages of it,” the non-buyer eventually admits, “I told him I changed my mind and wanted to think more before I bought an AR-15.”

The non-buyer also admits that he did not even fill out the paperwork, “If I had stayed for maybe three minutes longer to fill out less paperwork than I did for the hiring process at my school’s bookstore, I would’ve driven home with an AR-15.”

The non-buyer is also sketchy about the facts surrounding his expired ID. “I gave him my license, then reached for my receipt showing I renewed it the week before,” he writes, and then adds that the clerk asked for even more verification of his identity: “Before I even got it out of my pocket, the employee told me I was good and I just needed my vehicle registration for verification. He didn’t notice that my license had expired recently.”

advertisement

Finally, the non-buyer tries to alarm us with the news that he went through “no extensive background check.” But that is what all that paperwork is for, the background check — which he never filled out.

After you fill out the paperwork, all of that information is fed into the national background check system, a process that once took me 45 minutes.

An accurate headline would read “After Five Minutes of Window Shopping a Clerk Offered to Sell Me an AR-15” — but that is not a story, that is a diary entry.

Nevertheless, the anti-gun Cuomo, who identifies as an objective journalist, retweeted this fake news, and was eventually called on it by Chet Cannon: “Hey, Chris Cuomo from CNN. Saw the article you retweeted: ‘I WAS ABLE TO BUY AN AR-15 IN 5 MINUTES[.]’ Did you see the part where he admits to neither filling out the necessary paperwork (which would initiate the background check) NOR purchasing the AR-15? Weird.”

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter

Chet Cannon

@Chet_Cannon
Hey, @ChrisCuomo from CNN. Saw the article you retweeted: “I WAS ABLE TO BUY AN AR-15 IN 5 MINUTES”

Did you see the part where he admits to neither filling out the necessary paperwork (which would initiate the background check) NOR purchasing the AR-15? Weird.
7:04 PM - Feb 20, 2018
3,436 people are talking about this

Rather than apologize for spreading fake news, Cuomo spread even more disinformation. “Isn’t the point that the kid’s age and lack of ID wasn’t a deterrent,” Cuomo asked. The obvious answer to Cuomo’s desperate dissembling is no. The article clearly states that the clerk did not notice that the ID was expired, so we do not know what would have happened if he had. Moreover, the non-buyer’s ID had just been renewed and he had the verification to prove it.

Charles C.W. Cooke, editor of National Review Online, called Cuomo out for compounding the non-buyer’s lie with one of his (Cuomo’s) own. “The point is that the kid lied about buying a gun that he didn’t, and that you are now lying too,” Cooke wrote.

12h

Christopher C. Cuomo

@ChrisCuomo
Isn’t the point that the kid’s age and lack of ID wasn’t a deterrent? and this isn’t all gun shops. Place I bought my shotgun basically goes farther than law requires and makes judgments about whom to sell to. Point is the system should be better https://twitter.com/chet_cannon/status/966176686931959813

Charles C. W. Cooke

@charlescwcooke
The point is that the kid lied about buying a gun that he didn’t, and that you are now lying too.
1:59 AM - Feb 21, 2018
622 people are talking about this

This is when Cuomo melted down, starting with at least four hysterical non sequiturs and three shrill straw men: “Lying? Look if you want to fight against background checks, make the case. Whether it is calling the kids actors or LYING about how no laws could stop the shootings…that is the bs to call out. 97% of people want better checks. Why fight that?”

Christopher C. Cuomo

@ChrisCuomo
Lying? Look if you want to fight against background checks, make the case. Whether it is calling the kids actors or LYING about how no laws could stop the shootings...that is the bs to call out. 97% of people want better checks. Why fight that? https://twitter.com/charlescwcooke/status/966281123348320257
2:23 AM - Feb 21, 2018
781 people are talking about this

1) Cooke said nothing about background checks. 2) Cooke never called the school kids CNN is under fire for exploiting “actors.” 3) Cooke never said anything about laws not stopping shootings. 4) Cooke never said anything about what percentage of Americans want background checks. 5) Cooke is not fighting anything except Cuomo spreading fake news.

Cuomo’s meltdown continued after another Twitter user accused him of lying to “get the outcome he desires.”

“Many ignore you – not me,” the arrogant Cuomo shrieked, before hurling all the same straw men that have nothing to do with Cuomo spreading the fake news about the five-minute AR-15 non-purchase.

Christopher C. Cuomo

@ChrisCuomo
Many ignore you - not me. Shame on you for calling the truth lies. school shootings can be stopped. Background checks must be better. Kids like this murderer in Florida should not be able to legally purchase. if you don’t get that, you may not have mental capacity to own a gun. https://twitter.com/major_skidmark/status/966280410262114304
2:27 AM - Feb 21, 2018
176 people are talking about this

This is the second time in less than a week the left-wing Cuomo has been caught spreading fake news.

A mere four days ago, after Sen. Ted Cruz had already recorded a 15-minute interview with the far-left CNN, Cuomo taunted the Republican senator for refusing to appear on CNN.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2018/02/21/cnns-chris-cuomo-melts-spreading-fake-news-ar-15-purchase/

wish he was this passionate about voter ID laws.  :-\
a

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2018, 05:12:36 PM »
CNN Rebukes Student's Claims of ‘Scripted’ Questions, But Have Long History of It
By Nicholas Fondacaro | February 22, 2018

In the wee hours of Thursday morning, CNN began taking heat for supposedly scripting much of their train wreck gun control town hall from just hours earlier. Colton Haab a Parkland shooting survivor, who protected his fellow students, told a local ABC affiliate that CNN would not allow him to ask the questions he had prepared and wanted him to read theirs.

CNN responded to the widely-reported accusations in an early morning tweet from their public relations Twitter account. “There is absolutely no truth to this,” the statement began. “CNN did not provide or script questions for anyone in last night’s town hall, nor have we ever.” The network concluded by saying that Haab was welcome to join their anchors on TV to “discuss his views.”

But CNN’s assertion that they didn’t script Wednesday night’s event might not hold up well under scrutiny. And when it came to their claim that they never had a scripted event or planted questions, it’s easy to discover they have a long history of planting questions and tipping the balance of discussions.

According to Media Research Center analysis of the questions that were asked at Wednesday’s town hall (23 in all), a large majority of them were asked from the left. Of those 23, 17 were asked from the left, five from the center, and only one from the right. Not included in the total were repeated questions during arguments, but follow-ups were counted.

One instance of a scripted question that should stick out for most, occurred during a 2007 Democratic presidential debate when CNN partnered with YouTube and they fielded a question from a ridiculous animated snowman. “Billiam the Snowman” pressed the candidates on global warming and noted how it was bad for snowmen.

In sharp contrast, during the Republican version of the CNN/YouTube debates that same year, they had retired general Keith Kerr, a gay man, question the candidates about LGBT personnel in the military. The network failed to mention that he was a member of LGBT Americans for Hillary Steering Committee.

Debate moderator and then-CNN host Candy Crowley was involved in an infamous 2012 display of tipping arguments when she sided with President Obama and against Governor Mitt Romney. Obama lied in saying he called the Benghazi attack terrorism and when Romney rebuked him, Crowley stepped in. “Crowley endorsed Obama’s version, telling Mitt Romney: ‘He did, in fact, sir, call it an act of terror,’” the MRC wrote at the time.

As NewsBusters columnist Michelle Malkin wrote in the New York Post over two years ago, “CNN has a long history of allowing political plants to flourish in its public forums,” and exclusively for the left.

In regards to that same CNN/YouTube GOP debate from 2007, Malkin recalled that they included a questioner that was “a supposed ‘undecided’ voter who urged Ron Paul to run as an independent, but who had already publicly declared his support for former New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson’s Democratic presidential bid.” “A staffer for Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Illinois), a former intern for Rep. Jane Harman (D-California) and a former intern for the Council on American-Islamic Relations,” Malkin added.

Malkin also noted that CNN did the same thing during the push for ObamaCare. At a town hall event, CNN included “an operative for the Washington, DC-based Health Care for America Now, the K Street Astroturf outfit with a $40 million budget to lobby for government-run health care that directed its activists to “drown out” opponents at town hall meetings.”

CNN can deny that they scripted the town hall this time, but saying they never scripted anything at all was going too far. In fact, given their history, their denials should be received with great skepticism.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nicholas-fondacaro/2018/02/22/cnn-rebukes-students-claims-scripted-questions-have-long

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2018, 05:54:32 PM »
Fresh embarrassment for NBC as embattled network has to correct itself on Cohen wiretap story
By Frank Miles,   Brian Flood   | Fox News

From Joy Reid's homophobic blog posts to the infamous 'Access Hollywood' tapes, a look at scandals that NBC has apparently glossed-over.

For NBC News, it was another in a series of embarrassments on Thursday as it had to correct a story saying federal investigators had placed a wiretap on the phone lines of President Donald Trump’s attorney Michael Cohen.

As Fox News is reporting, the feds were monitoring only what calls were being made but weren’t listening in — contrary to NBC’s earlier reporting. The Peacock Network’s major turnabout was made more than four hours after the original story moved online Thursday, when it caused immediate chatter in the cable news universe.

NBC had attributed its original story to two anonymous sources with knowledge of the legal proceedings against Cohen. In an editor’s note preceding the rewritten story, NBC explains that three senior U.S. officials disputed the account, saying that the phones were monitored by a pen register, which records the phone numbers on both ends of the conversation, not the substance of the calls themselves.

The erroneous NBC report added to widespread speculation about what exactly the feds were able to seize in their April raid. Cohen’s lawyers and President Trump’s legal team have been battling in court over access to those materials.

MSNBC

@MSNBC
 CORRECTION: Feds have pen-register, not wiretap on Michael Cohen

11:15 AM - May 3, 2018
1,156 people are talking about this

NBC moved its original story online shortly after 1 p.m. on Thursday, and it became immediate fodder on MSNBC and other cable networks. The correction was issued online at 5:27 p.m. with that editor’s note, and was discussed on MSNBC’s “Meet the Press Daily.”

The correction offered ammunition to the nation’s highest-ranked media critic: Trump has frequently criticized the mainstream media for catering to America’s left wing and coastal elite with “fake news.”

The screw-up also gave media watchdogs a chance to mock NBC online for its latest blast of “fake news.”

The Washington Post’s Fact Checker, Glenn Kessler, tweeted that the mistake was “pretty big.”

Glenn Kessler

@GlennKesslerWP
 pretty big screw-up by @MSNBC

11:10 AM - May 3, 2018
See Glenn Kessler's other Tweets

The correction is just the latest storm for a network reeling from them. It is currently dealing with unflattering stories involving sexual misconduct, secrecy, homophobia and bad decision-making, causing headaches for NBC and its news chairman, Andy Lack.

There’s the controversy over the findings of an internal review to determine who knew about disgraced “Today” host Matt Lauer’s bad behavior but didn’t report it in a timely manner; antigay slurs connected to MSNBC star Joy Reid’s blog posts; and the accusations that legendary anchor Tom Brokaw engaged in forceful and unwanted kissing of then-NBC correspondent Linda Vester in the 1990s.

Also still in play are persistent questions over why NBC sat on two major sex harassment stories: the “Access Hollywood” tape of Trump and the blockbuster reporting on alleged Hollywood sex predator Harvey Weinstein by Ronan Farrow, which won him the 2018 Pulitzer Prize for public service.

Then there’s the foundering and hugely expensive experiment with former Fox News star Megyn Kelly, who reportedly has been dragging down NBC News’ most important show by far, “Today.”

NBC has been silent on the Reid and Brokaw matters, the two most recent humiliations before the news story correction.

“If legendary icons like Matt Lauer and Tom Brokaw can be accused by apparently responsible individuals, the company should act as others have done and dispense with internal investigations and engage a high profile, independent investigator to determine the root causes as well as the specifics of these horrendous accusations,” famed reporter-turned-entrepreneur Porter Bibb previously told Fox News, adding that NBC was “seriously derelict” in not ordering an independent investigation of the entire company’s policies, protocols, and past performance.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/05/03/fresh-embarrassment-for-nbc-as-embattled-network-has-to-correct-itself-on-cohen-wiretap-story.html

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2018, 09:10:18 PM »
I think it's total BS.  No way he would have sat on that thing without releasing before the election.  If anything, it's probably something out of context.  Bigots cannot hide their true colors.  If Trump was some kind of bigot/white supremacist he would have let things slip numerous times during his lifetime and people would have dropped a dime on him in a heartbeat.  

in this day of age the term "Racist" or "White supremacist" has lost its true meaning...anytime someone speaks positive about their race(white) its considered racist/supremacist...luckily my age group..late 30s we dont care anymore... thanks Obama you made us wake up.i gave 2 shits about politics till i heard "white privilege"
real men= no rubbers

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2018, 06:33:40 AM »
Fresh embarrassment for NBC as embattled network has to correct itself on Cohen wiretap story
By Frank Miles,   Brian Flood   | Fox News

From Joy Reid's homophobic blog posts to the infamous 'Access Hollywood' tapes, a look at scandals that NBC has apparently glossed-over.

For NBC News, it was another in a series of embarrassments on Thursday as it had to correct a story saying federal investigators had placed a wiretap on the phone lines of President Donald Trump’s attorney Michael Cohen.

As Fox News is reporting, the feds were monitoring only what calls were being made but weren’t listening in — contrary to NBC’s earlier reporting. The Peacock Network’s major turnabout was made more than four hours after the original story moved online Thursday, when it caused immediate chatter in the cable news universe.

NBC had attributed its original story to two anonymous sources with knowledge of the legal proceedings against Cohen. In an editor’s note preceding the rewritten story, NBC explains that three senior U.S. officials disputed the account, saying that the phones were monitored by a pen register, which records the phone numbers on both ends of the conversation, not the substance of the calls themselves.

The erroneous NBC report added to widespread speculation about what exactly the feds were able to seize in their April raid. Cohen’s lawyers and President Trump’s legal team have been battling in court over access to those materials.

MSNBC

@MSNBC
 CORRECTION: Feds have pen-register, not wiretap on Michael Cohen

11:15 AM - May 3, 2018
1,156 people are talking about this

NBC moved its original story online shortly after 1 p.m. on Thursday, and it became immediate fodder on MSNBC and other cable networks. The correction was issued online at 5:27 p.m. with that editor’s note, and was discussed on MSNBC’s “Meet the Press Daily.”

The correction offered ammunition to the nation’s highest-ranked media critic: Trump has frequently criticized the mainstream media for catering to America’s left wing and coastal elite with “fake news.”

The screw-up also gave media watchdogs a chance to mock NBC online for its latest blast of “fake news.”

The Washington Post’s Fact Checker, Glenn Kessler, tweeted that the mistake was “pretty big.”

Glenn Kessler

@GlennKesslerWP
 pretty big screw-up by @MSNBC

11:10 AM - May 3, 2018
See Glenn Kessler's other Tweets

The correction is just the latest storm for a network reeling from them. It is currently dealing with unflattering stories involving sexual misconduct, secrecy, homophobia and bad decision-making, causing headaches for NBC and its news chairman, Andy Lack.

There’s the controversy over the findings of an internal review to determine who knew about disgraced “Today” host Matt Lauer’s bad behavior but didn’t report it in a timely manner; antigay slurs connected to MSNBC star Joy Reid’s blog posts; and the accusations that legendary anchor Tom Brokaw engaged in forceful and unwanted kissing of then-NBC correspondent Linda Vester in the 1990s.

Also still in play are persistent questions over why NBC sat on two major sex harassment stories: the “Access Hollywood” tape of Trump and the blockbuster reporting on alleged Hollywood sex predator Harvey Weinstein by Ronan Farrow, which won him the 2018 Pulitzer Prize for public service.

Then there’s the foundering and hugely expensive experiment with former Fox News star Megyn Kelly, who reportedly has been dragging down NBC News’ most important show by far, “Today.”

NBC has been silent on the Reid and Brokaw matters, the two most recent humiliations before the news story correction.

“If legendary icons like Matt Lauer and Tom Brokaw can be accused by apparently responsible individuals, the company should act as others have done and dispense with internal investigations and engage a high profile, independent investigator to determine the root causes as well as the specifics of these horrendous accusations,” famed reporter-turned-entrepreneur Porter Bibb previously told Fox News, adding that NBC was “seriously derelict” in not ordering an independent investigation of the entire company’s policies, protocols, and past performance.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/05/03/fresh-embarrassment-for-nbc-as-embattled-network-has-to-correct-itself-on-cohen-wiretap-story.html
May be paranoid but I wouldn't be surprised if they did and NBC made the correction because of the medias previous reporting that unintentionally exposed the initial surveillances, corruption of the Obama administration. Hopefully not just an "uh oh, we did it again" correction.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2018, 12:50:41 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-news-host-neil-cavuto-013439832.html

I will say this about FOX News. In it's news portion, it has 2 anchors that will call out Trump. On CNN they have no one who will occasionally support Trump

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2018, 12:18:21 AM »

I will say this about FOX News. In it's news portion, it has 2 anchors that will call out Trump. On CNN they have no one who will occasionally support Trump

Bret Baier does a good job weekdays, as does Chris Wallace on Sundays.  I miss Tim Russert.   :'(

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2018, 02:51:15 AM »

what about ABC,NBC, CBS etc.... at least you are admitting there is a biased issue. Fox is pro Republican I'm not going to argue you that.

i was general manger for over 5 years.. i was an assistant manager for 5 years with the same company... the managers i studied and taught me....i learned quite a bit.. the managers with a "Strong arm" and were strict there stores ran successfully..the other managers that ran their stores more "easily" had shitty numbers and had problems financially for the owner..so i know first hand being strict and to the point works...

So point is.....Trump is trying to be strict and its working....
real men= no rubbers