Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
November 21, 2017, 10:56:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: #FakeNews Mega Thread  (Read 3002 times)
Soul Crusher
Competitors
Getbig V

Doesnt lie about lifting.

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2017, 04:22:04 PM »

I agree, I can't stop laughing...

I've been laughing at o'twink and MOBACCA for years now
Report to moderator   Logged
Yamcha
Getbig V

"Probably a Gimmick" - Fitness Frenzy

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2017, 07:05:38 PM »

The guy who made it all up...

https://i.reddituploads.com/f214067e977c4deea3331011858f8ca8?fit=max&h=1536&w=1536&s=8d45cbcdd47634643a52436ed483f1c6

a
Yamcha
Getbig V

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2017, 03:35:47 AM »

a
Yamcha
Getbig V

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2017, 09:42:12 AM »

a
Yamcha
Getbig V

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2017, 10:31:57 AM »

a
Yamcha
Getbig V

« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2017, 06:43:45 AM »

a
Dos Equis
Getbig V

I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2017, 01:42:29 PM »

These people are rabid.  Reminds me of the reporters who interviewed Dr. Carson's elementary or middle school classmates trying to discredit a story from his book. 

Fake News? Gorsuch Founded ‘Fascism Forever’ Club in High School
By Geoffrey Dickens | February 2, 2017

Did Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch found a “Fascism Forever” club when he was in high school or is he simply the latest victim of fake news?

The New York Post, The Daily Mail, U.S. News and World Report, Vice News and Keith Olbermann, on Thursday, all ran with the story that when he was at Georgetown Prep, Gorsuch founded and led a pro-fascism club.

However, the National Review’s Ed Whelan has questioned the seriousness and accuracy of the story. According to Whelan: “The supposed evidence for their claim is the blurb on him in his high-school yearbook. Earth to newpaper reporters: High-school yearbook editors sometimes have a sophomoric sense of humor. I am reliably informed that no such club ever existed and that there was instead an inside joke among friends in the senior class that parodied political debates happening at the school. A contemporary of Gorsuch’s at the school also tells me that yearbook editors added stuff to student blurbs without their permission.”

On February 2, the The Daily Mail reported the following:

Supreme Court Justice nominee Neil Gorsuch founded and led a student group called the ‘Fascism Forever Club’ at his elite high school, DailyMail.com can reveal. The club was set up to rally against the ‘left-wing tendencies’ of his professors while attending a Jesuit all-boys preparatory high school near Washington D.C. The name may be inconvenient for a Supreme Court nominee facing a tough confirmation battle. However it also shows the depth of Gorscuch’s right-wing credentials – and his penchant for mischief while attending his exclusive prep school in the 1980s.

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/2017/02/02/fake-news-gorsuch-founded-facism-forever-club-high-school
Dos Equis
Getbig V

« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2017, 05:40:09 PM »

WaPo Caught Red Handed In Big Lie, Tries To Quietly Overhaul Entire Piece
Rachel Stoltzfoos
Reporter
03/31/2017

The Washington Post quietly rewrote a story about a Congressman using the Bible to bash poor people Friday, after a writer at the Federalist published a systematic break down of the piece that exposed major holes and mistakes in the story.

Caitlin Dewey’s initial write-up in the paper (which recently adopted the slogan “Democracy Dies In Darkness”) did not include a single quote from the Texas representative she basically accused of using the Bible to justify taking food from starving people. The story also incorrectly referred to “2 Thessalonians 3-10,” and wildly mischaracterized Rep. Jody Arrington’s statements on the verse.

While Arrington did reference 2 Thessalonians 3:10 (The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat) in a discussion of food stamps, he did not, as The WaPo article suggested, use it to argue unemployed people should not be allowed to eat.

After Sean Davis pointed out these mistakes and others in the Federalist Friday, someone at The Washington Post went through and majorly reworked the story. In fact, it appears the stealth edits are a direct answer to his piece. The story now includes the full quote from Arrington and other adjustments, although the incorrect verse reference remains.

Davis wrote: “There are a few problems … with that story from Washington Post reporter Caitlin Dewey: the lawmaker never said that, the Bible never says that, and the Washington Post article never even quotes the Texas Republican as saying that. In fact, the article doesn’t quote Arrington a single time. Not one word. Because democracy dies in darkness, or something.”

Here’s what Arrington did say:

“I did hear, Mr. Protas, your opening remarks where you quoted Leviticus, I believe, and I think that’s a great reflection on the character of God and the compassion of God’s heart and how we ought to reflect that compassion in our lives.

But, there’s also, the scripture tells us in 2 Thessalonians 3:10: “For even when we were with you we gave you this rule: ‘If a man will not work, he shall not eat.’” And then he goes on to say, “We hear that some among you are idle.”

I think that every American, Republican or Democrat, wants to help the neediest among us. And I think it’s a reasonable expectation that we have work requirements. I think that gives more credibility quite frankly, to SNAP. Tell me what is a reasonable and responsible work requirement as part of the SNAP program?”

Following the stealth edits, Davis tweeted: “WaPo was forced to rewrite its garbage hit job, still left errors uncorrected, and refused to admit error. Boy is there egg on my face.”

Read the full post in the Federalist here.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/31/wapo-caught-red-handed-in-big-lie-tries-to-quietly-overhaul-entire-piece/#ixzz4dKa70g7I
Dos Equis
Getbig V

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2017, 04:08:16 PM »

Trump and Mattis team up to refute NBC nuke report, blast 'disgusting' press
Brooke Singman By Brooke Singman, Fox News

The conflicting signals out of the administration come after a successful U.S. shootdown of a ballistic missile; Jennifer Griffin reports for 'Special Report'

President Trump and Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis on Wednesday publicly refuted an NBC News report that claimed the commander-in-chief wanted to drastically increase the U.S. nuclear arsenal, with Trump calling the press "disgusting."

On the sidelines of a meeting in the Oval Office with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, Trump slammed the NBC report that said he sought a “nearly tenfold increase” in the nuclear arsenal during a summer meeting.

“Frankly, it’s disgusting the press is able to write whatever it wants to write and people should look into it,” Trump told reporters. “I never discussed increasing [the nuclear arsenal]. That is fake news by NBC, which gives a lot of fake news recently.”

Trump added that he only wants “modernization” and “rehabilitation” of the stockpile.

“It’s got to be in tip-top shape,” Trump said. “I know the capability we have, and it is awesome. It is massive.”

Trump continued to slam the press for allegedly making up sources. “There are no sources,” he claimed.

Mattis issued a brief statement shortly afterward saying: "Recent reports that the President called for an increase in the U.S. nuclear arsenal are absolutely false. This kind of erroneous reporting is irresponsible."

FILE - In this June 13, 2017 file photo, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis listens on Capitol Hill in Washington. Mattis is issuing his own sharp threat to North Korea, saying the regime should cease any consideration of actions that would "lead to the end of its regime and the destruction of its people."   (AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin, File)
Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said the NBC report was "erroneous" and "irresponsible."  (AP)
Earlier Wednesday, Trump openly threatened to go after the licenses of "NBC and the Networks," as he ratched up his complaints about "Fake News" -- apparently in response to the nuclear arsenal report. 

“With all of the Fake News coming out of NBC and the Networks, at what point is it appropriate to challenge their License? Bad for country!” Trump tweeted.

Follow
Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
With all of the Fake News coming out of NBC and the Networks, at what point is it appropriate to challenge their License? Bad for country!
3:55 AM - Oct 11, 2017
 64,139 64,139 Replies   17,246 17,246 Retweets   71,118 71,118 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy
He tweeted earlier: “Fake @NBCNews made up a story that I wanted a ‘tenfold’ increase in our U.S. nuclear arsenal. Pure fiction, made up to demean. NBC=CNN!”

The president's comments reportedly came during a gathering with national security leaders. NBC reported that Trump’s comments were in response to a briefing slide that was presented showing a decrease in U.S. nuclear weapons since the late 1960s.

TILLERSON BLASTS REPORT OF RIFT WITH TRUMP, AS PRESIDENT RIPS ‘FAKE NEWS’

“Trump indicated he wanted a bigger stockpile, not the bottom position on that downward-sloping curve,” NBC News reported.

Officials reportedly were surprised by Trump’s suggestion, but said no expansion in the nuclear arsenal was planned.

A representative for NBC News did not immediately return a request for comment Wednesday, though MSNBC host Ali Velshi tweeted that the network "stands by our reporting."

Follow
Ali Velshi ✔ @AliVelshi
Great to see your commitment to accuracy @realDonaldTrump. @NBCNews stands by our reporting https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/918112884630093825https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/918112884630093825
4:01 AM - Oct 11, 2017
 141 141 Replies   208 208 Retweets   872 872 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy
The president's and the government's power in this area could be limited anyway. According to the FCC’s own guidelines, the commission only licenses individual broadcast stations, not entire “TV or radio networks (such as CBS, NBC, ABC or Fox).”

This isn’t the first time the president has blasted NBC News' reporting. Just last week, the network reported on rifts between the president and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, claiming Tillerson considered resigning over the summer and once called the president a “moron.”

Both Trump and Tillerson disputed the report, which had claimed Vice President Pence even intervened to assuage Tillerson's concerns.

“My commitment to the success of our president and our country is as strong as it was the day I accepted his offer to serve as secretary of state…There is much to be done, and we’re just getting started,” Tillerson said last week. “The vice president has never had to persuade me to remain as secretary of state because I have never considered leaving this post.”

Trump blasted the report as “Fake News.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10/11/trump-and-mattis-team-up-to-refute-nbc-nuke-report-blast-disgusting-press.html
Dos Equis
Getbig V

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2017, 04:17:39 PM »

WH: Anti-Gay Pence Reports 'Outrageous, Offensive, Untrue'
By Cathy Burke   |   Tuesday, 17 Oct 2017

The White House on Tuesday rebuked portions of a New Yorker profile of Vice President Mike Pence — including an anecdote President Donald Trump once joked Pence "wants to hang" gay people, Politico reported.

According to the New Yorker piece, the president mocked Pence behind his back for his religious beliefs and asked people who met with him if Pence made them pray.

It also reported that during a meeting about gay rights, Trump told a visitor not to bother asking Pence's opinion because "He wants to hang them all."

"From start to finish the article relied on fiction rather than facts," White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement to Politico.

"The president has the highest level of respect for the vice president, and for his deeply held faith. The suggestion that he would make such outrageous remarks is offensive and untrue. The anecdote was meant to divide, not unite and is completely false."

The New Yorker, in an email, said it stands by its reporting, and asserted Pence's press office "declined to participate in this story for months, after multiple requests for interviews, comment, and fact-checking," Politico reported.

The statement also asserted it talked to "more than sixty people" to confirm its reporting, including "multiple people who were in the room when President Trump joked that Vice-President Pence 'wants to hang' gay people. We stand by the story."

Pence's office put out a statement of its own criticizing the story.

"Articles like this are why the American people have lost so much faith in the press," Pence's press secretary, Alyssa Farah, said in a statement. "The New Yorker piece is filled with unsubstantiated, unsourced claims that are untrue and offensive."

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/vice-president-mike-pence-lgbtq-gay-rights/2017/10/17/id/820359/
Dos Equis
Getbig V

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2017, 05:06:32 PM »

Being chiefly responsible for one bogus narrative in a day is bad enough for a professional newsroom. Being responsible for two fabrications in the same morning is inexcusable.

President Trump was in Japan this weekend to discuss trade with Prime Minister Shinzo Abe. The president also met with Japanese business leaders in Tokyo to discuss auto manufacturing in the U.S.

On Monday, CNN published a story that included this snide headline: “Trump asks Japan to build cars in the U.S. It already does.”

“President Trump wants Japan Inc to ‘try’ building vehicles in the U.S.,” read the story’s opening lines.

The report added in what its author must’ve thought was a solid burn, “Japanese automakers … already have huge factories in the U.S. that churn out millions of cars each year.”

Slate followed CNN’s lead, publishing an article with the headline: "Trump Begs Japanese Automakers to Build Their Cars in America, Which They Already Do."

Trump's address before Japanese business leaders, the Slate story concluded, raise serious “questions about his familiarity with basic facts about the American economy.”

These would indeed be great owns and real questions were it not for the fact that the president’s address to Japanese business leaders definitely shows he’s aware they build cars here in the U.S.

“When you want to build your auto plants, you will have your approvals almost immediately," Trump said Monday. "When you want to expand your plants, you will have your approvals almost immediately."

He added, “And in the room, we have a couple of the great folks from two of the biggest auto companies in the world that are building new plants and doing expansions of other plants. And you know who you are, and I want to just thank you very much. I want to thank you.”

There’s more:

I also want to recognize the business leaders in the room whose confidence in the United States — they've been creating jobs — you have such confidence in the United States, and you've been creating jobs for our country for a long, long time. Several Japanese automobile industry firms have been really doing a job. And we love it when you build cars — if you're a Japanese firm, we love it — try building your cars in the United States instead of shipping them over. Is that possible to ask? That's not rude. Is that rude? I don't think so. (Laughter.) If you could build them. But I must say, Toyota and Mazda — where are you? Are you here, anybody? Toyota? Mazda? I thought so. Oh, I thought that was you. That's big stuff. Congratulations. Come on, let me shake your hand. (Applause.) They're going to invest $1.6 billion in building a new manufacturing plant, which will create as many as 4,000 new jobs in the United States. Thank you very much. Appreciate it.

If that isn't enough to show CNN and others relied on an uncharitable and incomplete reading of the president’s remarks to get in their digs, the Washington Post’s Aaron Blake highlighted other instances where Trump demonstrated he's definitely aware the Japanese manufacture in the U.S.

“Trump has … tweeted about Toyota and Mazda building that plant," Blake noted. “And he signed a letter applauding Toyota for its expansion in the United States.”

CNN has since amended its article so that the headline now reads, “Trump wants Japan to build more cars in the U.S.”

The story also includes an editor’s note that reads, “The original version of this article and its headline did not make clear that President Trump had praised Japanese automakers for expanding existing U.S. facilities and for making new investments in the U.S. The article and headline have been updated.”

I don’t know if it’s laziness or outright malice (or both) that leads to these stupid, maddening, false narratives in the press, but CNN and others need to step up their game.

Howard
Competitors
Getbig V

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2017, 06:21:15 PM »

No one is going to take a man who fucked Rosanne Barr, then got dumped, seriously about anything.

This is the one post we'll all agree on 100%. Grin
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!