Author Topic: Top 15 Democratic presidential candidates in 2020  (Read 426954 times)

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
Re: Top 15 Democratic presidential candidates in 2020
« Reply #1250 on: January 02, 2020, 01:14:11 PM »
PEDO for POTUS 2020 !!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #1251 on: January 02, 2020, 03:51:46 PM »
 to comments.

Williamson lays off entire campaign staff
The Hill ^ | 1-2-2020 | Max Greenwood
Posted on 1/2/2020, 6:47:19 PM by tcrlaf

Best-selling author Marianne Williamson has laid off her entire campaign staff, according to two sources close to the campaign.

The longshot Democratic presidential hopeful will continue to seek her party’s nomination. But she’ll do so without a staff behind her. Manchester, N.H.-based television station WMUR first reported the mass layoffs on Thursday.

Williamson, an author and celebrity spiritual adviser, has been campaigning for the Democratic nomination for nearly a year. But she has struggled to break out of the lower tier of the primary field, often failing to register in national polls.

Unlike her middle- and top-tier rivals, Williamson retained only a small staff. Her latest federal financial report filed in October showed only a few dozen employees on her team. Among those laid off was campaign manager Patricia Ewing.

(Excerpt) Read more at thehill.com ...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #1252 on: January 02, 2020, 11:22:18 PM »
Am I the only one who forgot he was still running?

Julián Castro Drops Out Of The Democratic Presidential Race
January 2, 2020
ELENA MOORE
BENJAMIN SWASEY
https://www.npr.org/2020/01/02/774556481/julian-castro-drops-out-of-the-democratic-presidential-race

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #1253 on: January 03, 2020, 06:47:53 PM »
+6 rise  :o

Does the old saying still ring true in reference to Bloomberg v. Warren...

Money talks and bullshit walks?

Bloomberg rises to third place alongside Warren in national poll

Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg saw a 6-point bump in the latest Hill.TV survey of the Democratic presidential primary.

The nationwide poll, which was released Friday, shows Bloomberg up from 5 percent to 11 percent support for the nomination nationally. The former New York City mayor is now in a dead heat for third place with top-tier candidate, Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), who also received 11 percent support.

Biden, meanwhile, continues to lead the Democratic field with 28 percent followed by Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) at 16 percent.

Former South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg saw another slight dip, after slipping 4 percentage points in mid-December. In the latest survey, he now has 6 percent support, down from 5 percent from the Dec. 13-14 poll.

Bloomberg’s rise in the latest Hill-HarrisX survey comes in spite of his late entry into the 2020 race and the fact that he hasn’t appeared in any of the Democratic primary debates.

Bloomberg has chosen an unorthodox campaign strategy, making the decision not to raise money and instead deciding to fund his own campaign. This has disqualified him from taking the debate stage under rules from the Democratic National Convention.

Under DNC rules, candidates must reach certain polling and fundraising thresholds.

However, prior to announcing his bid in November, Bloomberg launched an ad buy totaling roughly $19.4 million over 90 local markets across the country. After making his campaign official, he also rolled out a 60-second spot as part of his $31.5 million media blitz.

Bloomberg's multimillion-dollar ad expenditure has made him a prime target for his fellow rivals.

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/476689-bloomberg-rises-to-third-place-alongside-warren-in-national-poll

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #1254 on: January 03, 2020, 08:45:13 PM »
Bernie was the actual candidate last time as well.

Hilarity ensues when AOC has to stump for Bloomberg.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1255 on: January 03, 2020, 10:15:19 PM »
Are you certain of this?

Yeah.

Hutchison switches to calling herself ‘pro-life’ but doesn’t elaborate
By Todd J. Gillman
Sep 1, 2012
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2012/09/02/hutchison-switches-to-calling-herself-pro-life-but-doesnt-elaborate/

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #1256 on: January 06, 2020, 09:52:38 AM »

Judge Judy rules in favor of Mike Bloomberg, will join him on campaign trail

Mike Bloomberg just released a new campaign ad featuring the most trusted jurist in America. It’s not the Chief Justice, but — for a billionaire candidate who needs to connect with working class voters — someone much better: Judith Sheindlin, known in most homes as TV’s  “Judge Judy.”

Celebrity endorsements are a well-worn part of politics, of course, but they typically deliver less than candidates hope for: A quick rush of headlines, maybe, but most voters don’t ultimately make choices based on their favorite television characters.

Sheindlin could be different.

That has a lot to do with her brand of television and how her massive audience — nearly ten million people a day — views her.

The 30-second commercial, titled “Judge Him,” shows Sheindlin sitting in what looks like judicial chambers, advocating for Bloomberg’s “steady leadership” in “very challenging times.” The setting and the atmosphere capitalize on what the former New York family court judge has spent nearly 25 television seasons building: credibility.

Audience studies conducted during my years as a CBS executive working with the “Judge Judy” show consistently ranked her as tough, fair, honest and direct — attributes any politician would die for. Her standing in our wider popular culture runs high: According to a 2013 poll, more Americans trust Judge Judy than any of the Supreme Court justices. A 2016 survey revealed 10 percent of college graduates believe she actually already serves on the highest court in the land.

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/476867-judge-judy-rules-in-favor-of-mike-bloomberg-will-join-him-on-campaign-trail

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #1257 on: January 06, 2020, 09:59:44 AM »
Seems like they are voting for this guy:

Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg saw a 6-point bump in the latest Hill.TV survey of the Democratic presidential primary.

The nationwide poll, which was released Friday, shows Bloomberg up from 5 percent to 11 percent support for the nomination nationally. The former New York City mayor is now in a dead heat for third place with top-tier candidate, Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), who also received 11 percent support.

Biden, meanwhile, continues to lead the Democratic field with 28 percent followed by Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) at 16 percent.

Former South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg saw another slight dip, after slipping 4 percentage points in mid-December. In the latest survey, he now has 6 percent support, down from 5 percent from the Dec. 13-14 poll.

Bloomberg’s rise in the latest Hill-HarrisX survey comes in spite of his late entry into the 2020 race and the fact that he hasn’t appeared in any of the Democratic primary debates.

Bloomberg has chosen an unorthodox campaign strategy, making the decision not to raise money and instead deciding to fund his own campaign. This has disqualified him from taking the debate stage under rules from the Democratic National Convention.

Under DNC rules, candidates must reach certain polling and fundraising thresholds.

However, prior to announcing his bid in November, Bloomberg launched an ad buy totaling roughly $19.4 million over 90 local markets across the country. After making his campaign official, he also rolled out a 60-second spot as part of his $31.5 million media blitz.

Bloomberg's multimillion-dollar ad expenditure has made him a prime target for his fellow rivals.

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/476689-bloomberg-rises-to-third-place-alongside-warren-in-national-poll

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1258 on: January 06, 2020, 03:57:06 PM »

Sometimes your up and sometimes you are down. That's life in the polls.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #1259 on: January 07, 2020, 04:18:59 AM »
Could we end up having a contested convention where the superdelegates push Warren over the finish line? She seems to be the establishment choice.

Julián Castro endorses Elizabeth Warren for the White House

Just days after ending his own White House bid, former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julián Castro is endorsing Sen. Elizabeth Warren for president.

Castro, who suspended his campaign on January 2, announced his decision to back the Massachusetts Democrat in a video released Monday morning. “There’s one candidate I see who’s unafraid to fight like hell to make sure America’s promise will be there for everyone,” Castro says. “Who will make sure that no matter where you live in America or where your family came from in the world, you have a path to opportunity too. That’s why I’m proud to endorse Elizabeth Warren for President.”

The video features the pair speaking with one another in Warren’s kitchen at her Massachusetts home as her dog, Bailey, looks on.

“You know, I started my campaign off, and we lived true to the idea that we want an America where everyone counts,” Castro says. “It’s the same vision that I see in you, in your campaign, in the America that you would help bring about.”

Today I'm proud to endorse @ewarren for president.

Elizabeth and I share a vision of America where everyone counts. An America where people⁠—not the wealthy or well-connected⁠—are put first. I'm proud to join her in the fight for big, structural change. pic.twitter.com/xDvMEKqpF3
    — Julián Castro (@JulianCastro) January 6, 2020

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2020/1/6/21051628/julian-castro-endorsement-twitter-elizabeth-warren-democrat

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #1260 on: January 07, 2020, 07:33:42 AM »
Could we end up having a contested convention where the superdelegates push Warren over the finish line? She seems to be the establishment choice.

Just days after ending his own White House bid, former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julián Castro is endorsing Sen. Elizabeth Warren for president.

Castro, who suspended his campaign on January 2, announced his decision to back the Massachusetts Democrat in a video released Monday morning. “There’s one candidate I see who’s unafraid to fight like hell to make sure America’s promise will be there for everyone,” Castro says. “Who will make sure that no matter where you live in America or where your family came from in the world, you have a path to opportunity too. That’s why I’m proud to endorse Elizabeth Warren for President.”

The video features the pair speaking with one another in Warren’s kitchen at her Massachusetts home as her dog, Bailey, looks on.

“You know, I started my campaign off, and we lived true to the idea that we want an America where everyone counts,” Castro says. “It’s the same vision that I see in you, in your campaign, in the America that you would help bring about.”

Elizabeth and I share a vision of America where everyone counts. An America where people⁠—not the wealthy or well-connected⁠—are put first. I'm proud to join her in the fight for big, structural change. pic.twitter.com/xDvMEKqpF3

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2020/1/6/21051628/julian-castro-endorsement-twitter-elizabeth-warren-democrat

Called it:

He'll be the VP choice if Warren is the candidate.

Because they will not choose on the basis of their issues, but based on race and gender.
Y

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #1261 on: January 07, 2020, 11:45:35 AM »

I think she’s the back up quarterback in case Biden has to bow out for health reasons, something that seems like a good possibility.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #1262 on: January 07, 2020, 01:24:12 PM »
Called it:

Well played Sir!

It's shaping up to be a very interesting and potentially very bloody primary season.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #1263 on: January 07, 2020, 04:22:22 PM »
Called it:

Right on your heels, hoss!

Gosh, I hadn't considered things beyond Warren getting the nomination. 

Castro as VP makes the most sense to me.  The first minority VP fits the Democrat's agenda perfectly. 
The meat-hating single guy is not relatable to the average American.

Democrats spent more than two years keeping Miguel Estrada on the sidelines, lest Bush nominate him to the
Federal court, and then possibly to the SCOTUS.  Recall that Obama's first nominee to the SCOTUS was Hispanic.

Good prediction.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #1264 on: January 07, 2020, 10:12:02 PM »
I think she’s the back up quarterback in case Biden has to bow out for health reasons, something that seems like a good possibility.

Biden IS showing signs of dementia. He's be a puppet for the party at best and would never make it a full term. Can you impeach for senility?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1265 on: January 07, 2020, 11:10:42 PM »

Biden IS showing signs of dementia. He's be a puppet for the party at best and would never make it a full term. Can you impeach for senility?

This is true.  He really does sound like a senile old man. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #1266 on: January 08, 2020, 05:51:04 AM »
Trump, Bloomberg spend $10 million each on Super Bowl commercials

The Super Bowl is by far the most-watched television program of the year in the United States, and the Super Bowl is also the only television program for which the commercials are one of the reasons viewers tune in. So in an election year, perhaps it’s no surprise that Super Bowl viewers will be treated to campaign ads.

Both President Trump and Democratic candidate Michael Bloomberg have bought one-minute ads on the Super Bowl, at a price of about $10 million, according to multiple reports.

Trump’s 2020 campaign has more than $100 million on hand, and Bloomberg, who has a net worth estimated at upwards of $50 billion, has pledged to spend $100 million of his own money. So both campaigns can easily afford the $10 million price tag.

The Super Bowl is the day before the Iowa Caucuses, although Trump has no significant opposition for the Republican primary and Bloomberg is focused on bigger states later in the primary season. These commercials won’t be about the Iowa Caucuses, but about the billionaire president and an even wealthier billionaire opponent trying to reach the largest possible audience in America.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/08/trump-bloomberg-spend-10-million-each-on-super-bowl-commercials/

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #1267 on: January 08, 2020, 06:52:17 AM »
This is true.  He really does sound like a senile old man. 

If you ever watch his town halls he’s always saying things in the wrong order eg. I shaved and then I woke up.

Reverse this with a Dem Prez and a bumbling Repub candidate and the media would be having a field, but as it stands they pretend it’s not happening.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #1268 on: January 08, 2020, 08:49:49 AM »
If you ever watch his town halls he’s always saying things in the wrong order eg. I shaved and then I woke up.

Reverse this with a Dem Prez and a bumbling Repub candidate and the media would be having a field, but as it stands they pretend it’s not happening.

That's one of the dynamics I love about this race going forward.

The media pretends it's not happening but the rest of the internet openly mocks it and puts together all sorts of hilarious videos and memes.

It will be interesting to see who has the greater influence in the coming months. We have to take into account all the normies out there who are not really connected to that side of the internet but I feel like that group is becoming smaller and smaller at a relatively steady pace.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #1269 on: January 08, 2020, 10:54:24 AM »
That's one of the dynamics I love about this race going forward.

The media pretends it's not happening but the rest of the internet openly mocks it and puts together all sorts of hilarious videos and memes.

It will be interesting to see who has the greater influence in the coming months. We have to take into account all the normies out there who are not really connected to that side of the internet but I feel like that group is becoming smaller and smaller at a relatively steady pace.

It's funny though, out of all the Dem candidate, I feel Biden would be the least disastrous, provided he's not in bad mental health.

Warren / Sanders would tank the markets.

Biden would be "meh", and the progressive wing would be attacking constantly.
Y

James

« Reply #1270 on: January 08, 2020, 12:36:17 PM »

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #1271 on: January 08, 2020, 12:53:27 PM »
It's funny though, out of all the Dem candidate, I feel Biden would be the least disastrous, provided he's not in bad mental health.

I agree. He’s the status quo. Under his presidency, nothing would get done. The other two socialist dopes would try to enact their policies with the usual results.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #1272 on: January 08, 2020, 12:57:31 PM »

Oh they already are, there's a good article today in Politico over that very subject.

And with Bernie increasingly look like he has a decent chance to make a run at the nomination, they will become more and more emboldened.

I feel like the progressive wing could SOMEWHAT swallow a Warren nomination but will likely come unglued with Biden at the top of the ticket....especially if he continues with the gaffes.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/08/progressives-pre-iowa-assault-biden-095934

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #1273 on: January 10, 2020, 10:09:00 AM »
"And spiritual leader"  ;D

Can't say I really even disliked the lady...just a little too far out there for my tastes.

Marianne Williamson drops out of 2020 presidential race

(Gray News) - A longshot for the Democratic nomination, author and spiritual leader Marianne Williamson has suspended her presidential campaign.

“With caucuses and primaries now about to begin, however, we will not be able to garner enough votes in the election to elevate our conversation any more than it is now. The primaries might be tightly contested among the top contenders, and I don’t want to get in the way of a progressive candidate winning any of them,” Williamson said.

Williamson has published 12 books, eight of which are best sellers, and she’s been a frequent TV guest for Oprah and Bill Maher.

She joins former Obama administration official Julian Castro as recent departures from the campaign trail as the Iowa caucus looms.

https://www.kktv.com/content/news/Marianne-Williamson-drops-out-of-2020-presidential-race--566879691.html

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #1274 on: January 10, 2020, 11:00:44 AM »
Bloomberg Passes Buttigieg In RCP Betting Odds, Could Blow Past Warren Next

llionaire and Democratic presidential candidate Michael Bloomberg has pushed ahead of Mayor Pete Buttigieg in the Real Clear Politics Betting Odds Average.

.@MikeBloomberg has now passed Buttigieg for 4th place in the RCP Betting Odds Average. If the upward trend continues, he’ll soon be moving into 3rd place ahead of Warren. pic.twitter.com/Ge83wroLE5

— Tom Bevan (@TomBevanRCP) January 10, 2020

Former Vice President Joe Biden is still atop the heap at 36.1, 9.4 points ahead of his closest competitor — Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders with 26.7. (RELATED: Rick Santorum Says Biden ‘Benefited’ From His Own Bad Debate Performances)

Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren comes in at 13.8, with Bloomberg closing in at 12.1. Buttigieg follows with 11.9. (RELATED: Buttigieg Suggests US Bears Some Blame For Iran Blowing Up Airplane)

All the remaining prospects — including several who have either dropped out or never even declared a candidacy such as Oprah Winfrey and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton — rank in single digits.

Another key takeaway, as Bevan notes, is the overall trends. Of the 19 people ranked, only three are showing marked upward trends: Biden, Sanders and Bloomberg.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/01/10/bloomberg-passes-buttigieg-rcp-betting-odds/