Author Topic: Are married family men truly happy?  (Read 49666 times)

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
Re: Are married family men truly happy?
« Reply #225 on: January 06, 2017, 06:19:18 AM »
My ex-wife wrongly assumed I had something wrong with me by not wanting kids.
The therapist simply verified for her what I already knew and said.

This led to my divorcing her and not caving into her demands to have children.
Hmmm, in my opinion, the real beta males are the ones that give in and change to suit her.

You're right, the beta males are the ones that change.

I just don't like the suggestion by the wife to you that you need an outside person to corroborate your feelings on such a simple issue.

IE, I would refuse to go to the therapist.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #226 on: January 06, 2017, 06:27:21 AM »
You're right, the beta males are the ones that change.

I just don't like the suggestion by the wife to you that you need an outside person to corroborate your feelings on such a simple issue.

IE, I would refuse to go to the therapist.

I considered refusing but it would have made the inevitable divorce more stressful.
She (wrongly) assumed the counselor would set me straight and I'd change and want to have kids with her.

I was very secure in my beliefs and had nothing to fear.
We were both counseled separately , then together.
He told her;" There is nothing wrong with Howard. He's quite secure in who he is and what he wants in life.
The problem is , when it comes to children you have opposite feelings and goals."

Kahn.N.Singh

• Getbig IV
  • Die Weltgeschichte ist das Weltgericht
« Reply #227 on: January 06, 2017, 05:09:10 PM »
Fantastic transition, Khan, but might I suggest drawing support from material more to the taste of your audience: this same analogy would doubtless elicit sensational response if dressed in racial colors; e.g. the relative proximity of European and African tribes, etc.

Thanks, Ceph.

But I'd rather Kahndescend than descend to vulgarity. Besides, you and I know that there are many here who get it, and to those who don't, it's still all good.

Best.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #228 on: January 08, 2017, 11:33:24 PM »
Thanks, Ceph.

But I'd rather Kahndescend than descend to vulgarity. Besides, you and I know that there are many here who get it, and to those who don't, it's still all good.

Best.

Kahndescend......hilario us. You are quite witty.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #229 on: January 08, 2017, 11:51:31 PM »
I considered refusing but it would have made the inevitable divorce more stressful.
She (wrongly) assumed the counselor would set me straight and I'd change and want to have kids with her.

I was very secure in my beliefs and had nothing to fear.
We were both counseled separately , then together.
He told her;" There is nothing wrong with Howard. He's quite secure in who he is and what he wants in life.
The problem is , when it comes to children you have opposite feelings and goals."

Fair enough, brother.

I absolve you of my beta claim.

As long as you at least considered refusing, you upheld your right to have your own, unmolested opinion.

As a follow up, I'd like to question your philosophy a little.  I often ponder this very issue.

If the girl was absolutely fucking amazing looking - would you have given her a kid?

Reason I say is that I had a fucking amazing gf (I am quite ugly) and she wanted another kid (had one with someone else), but it never got to that because she went back to her previous baby daddy, fearing I think that I didn't want children (without asking me - though I am hardly the type of person who projects family first). 

But the truth is that because she was so delicious, I would have.

What about you - for fucking amazing girl, would you have changed your tune?

It sounds horrible, but the hotness of the woman really does come into question on whether I would cop to bringing another human being on board.

OLKE_TEXAS

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Muscle Radio
« Reply #230 on: November 01, 2017, 01:03:18 PM »
Skorpio are you looking for our acceptance to the fact that you are 40, single and happy? Because we all know this topic is done to death and most married people aren't happy from various obvious reasons, so have you secretely gotten second thoughts on your situation? Because forget it.

Being single is the new normal because science has gotten so awesome that we don't need sperm or eggs to evolve.

Anyhoo, here's something that might be funny related to this topic. A person I know got engaged. Me, him and his future wife of choice were talking this and that which eventually lead to one night stands versus sex in a good relationship. Being single and a gb'er, I knew this was going to be awesome.
 She strongly suggested that women have great sex only in a good relationship. Well then I called my sex partner, put on loud speaker and she answers the phone like "babyyyy I miss yoouuuuu!", put off the loud speaker and told her I call you back. Then I smiled and told this woman that no woman misses a man unless she loves the d, no love lost, no love found. She was very upset and only talked with my guy afterwards ignoring me.

DEVILSMILE WHERE YOU AT???
YOU A GREAT POSTER. PLEASE RETURN.
O

Purge_WTF

« Reply #231 on: November 02, 2017, 07:21:13 AM »
 Marriage might make men happy, but the divorce that over half of them will wind up in probably won't.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #232 on: November 02, 2017, 09:17:19 AM »
I'd tell you the long, boring story of my blissfully, ridiculously happy second marriage of 6 1/2 years (so far), but the particulars aren't really important to anyone else but me.

If you're looking for a marriage (or anything else external, for that matter) to "make" you happy, you're going to be disappointed every time.

The only thing worse than being a miserable single guy, is being a miserable married guy.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #233 on: November 02, 2017, 09:36:19 AM »
Howard, you are not thinking like a Ph.D. You've offered a reason for your choice, not a justification (reasons are not necessarily support).

Are we to understand that you don't want to sire children because you want to "help?"

Look here, old bean, you seem to have fallen into the Malthusian fallacy of inserting either a moral or pragmatic value into your refusal to participate in the natural phenomena of procreation and its concomitant population growth. For countless millennia, continuous advance in human population follows the natural order of things -- it is value-free (reproduction is a result of selective fitness, wherein value-laden notions over social/moral matters do not apply). Consequently, so what if an ever-increasing population leads to catastrophe?

Howard, as a bare branch and barren fig tree, please consider this insight about your arboreal cousins:

Just as trees in a forest that are close and cramped to each other compete for resources such as water, air, and sun, for the very reason that each endeavors to rob the other of these resources by competition, each forces each other to shoot upwards in this quest, and thus they grow tall, straight, and beautiful — whereas those trees which are planted far away from each other under no conflict or competition, grow stunted, crooked, and deformed.

Dear boy, social conflict, competition, and antagonism force the species to advance (e.g., unsocial sociability: "Man wishes concord; but Nature knows better what is good for the species; she wills discord").

If you are concerned with "helping," consider that your opting out of fathering children contributes to the fact that those in the upper quintile of intelligence and means are being out-sired by the rancid rabble. This is not a bad thing, per se, but the rabble think they matter when the grand designer has conditioned them for nothing other than fodderous material.

Moreover, wouldn't you agree that the world needs more Howards to offset the unrelenting, disproportionate influx of more Hamaads and Hakeems?

You are not "helping," quite the contrary.

Go father children. Yes, you'll be unhappy and miserable, but the content of your balls never promised you a schmoe's garden.

Good day.

Reminds me of the conflict between Vince Basile, 1970 Mr. Canada and Vince Goodrum, CSN, MFT, HPP, CEO. Both in competition to achieve getbig supremacy. If these two trees (Basile and Goodrum) never posted on getbig, surely they would have not reached such great heights, for the competition enabled both trees to "grow tall, straight, and beautiful." Some cosmic force must have compelled these two trees to post under the same forum. In the end, I think Basile and Goodrum's rivalry can best be captured by Nietzsche's thought on friendship: "Let us then believe in our star friendship even if we should be compelled to be earth enemies.”
X

thatrandomguy#7

• Getbig II
« Reply #234 on: November 02, 2017, 11:21:08 AM »
I'd tell you the long, boring story of my blissfully, ridiculously happy second marriage of 6 1/2 years (so far), but the particulars aren't really important to anyone else but me.

If you're looking for a marriage (or anything else external, for that matter) to "make" you happy, you're going to be disappointed every time.

The only thing worse than being a miserable single guy, is being a miserable married guy.

this

K1RB

• Getbig III
« Reply #235 on: November 02, 2017, 12:46:21 PM »
I dont chime in on here often...but this is a topic where I feel compelled to do so....
Getting ass and being in shape, having freedom and money NEVER gets old, EVER.
Im forty seven years old.
Never once has someone come up to me, put their arm around me and said" hey bud, getting married was the smartest thing I have ever done, I urge you to do the same as soon as you can"...
How many  times have I heard "dont EVER EVER fucking get married"? At least 1000 times.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #236 on: November 02, 2017, 01:23:35 PM »
I dont chime in on here often...but this is a topic I fell compelled to do so....
Never once has someone come up to me, put there arm around me and said" hey bud, getting married was the smartest thing I have ever done, I urge you to do the same as soon as you can"...
How many  times have I heard "dont EVER EVER fucking get married"? At least 1000 times.

True words. Just observe happy looking couples on the streets. Most of them aren't married and don't have kids.

OLKE_TEXAS

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Muscle Radio
« Reply #237 on: November 02, 2017, 02:09:57 PM »
Reminds me of the conflict between Vince Basile, 1970 Mr. Canada and Vince Goodrum, CSN, MFT, HPP, CEO. Both in competition to achieve getbig supremacy. If these two trees (Basile and Goodrum) never posted on getbig, surely they would have not reached such great heights, for the competition enabled both trees to "grow tall, straight, and beautiful." Some cosmic force must have compelled these two trees to post under the same forum. In the end, I think Basile and Goodrum's rivalry can best be captured by Nietzsche's thought on friendship: "Let us then believe in our star friendship even if we should be compelled to be earth enemies.”

Deep bro, deep. Beautifull. Should be posted in " best qoutes "
O

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #238 on: November 02, 2017, 02:14:42 PM »
Deep bro, deep. Beautifull. Should be posted in " best qoutes "

You know you have made it in life when a post winds up in the "Best Quotes" page.  :D :D
X

OLKE_TEXAS

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Muscle Radio
« Reply #239 on: November 02, 2017, 02:20:21 PM »
You know you have made it in life when a post winds up in the "Best Quotes" page.  :D :D

Its done bro....I brought your post to this walhalla of recognition just a minute ago.
O

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #240 on: November 02, 2017, 02:29:28 PM »
Its done bro....I brought your post to this walhalla of recognition just a minute ago.

Thank you. I feel as though my life is complete now. What more is left?
X

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #241 on: November 02, 2017, 02:47:56 PM »
True words. Just observe happy looking couples on the streets. Most of them aren't married and don't have kids.

i love having a gf (dont live together) dont co-mingle funds, we see each other every so often, simple fun loving life.

great book on the topic  - quick youtube vid

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #242 on: November 02, 2017, 03:01:28 PM »
I dont chime in on here often...but this is a topic I fell compelled to do so....
Never once has someone come up to me, put there arm around me and said" hey bud, getting married was the smartest thing I have ever done, I urge you to do the same as soon as you can"...
How many  times have I heard "dont EVER EVER fucking get married"? At least 1000 times.

Oh brother,  you sound exactly like E-Kul/Radical Plato,   we all know the ending to that story.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #243 on: November 02, 2017, 03:03:39 PM »

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #244 on: November 02, 2017, 03:18:30 PM »
Women are great housekeepers... when they get divorced, they keep your house.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #245 on: November 02, 2017, 03:20:46 PM »
single life was very good and married life is very good.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #246 on: November 02, 2017, 03:22:49 PM »
Women are great housekeepers... when they get divorced, they keep your house.

;D

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #247 on: November 02, 2017, 03:51:43 PM »
i love having a gf (dont live together) dont co-mingle funds, we see each other every so often, simple fun loving life.

great book on the topic  - quick youtube vid

Often simplicity is the key to happiness.

It's ironic that a woman tries to 'explain' why men don't want marry. Right from the beginning she draws a weird conclusion by stating that most unmarried men also drop out from school and refuse to work ::) She needs a see of words, spoken in a passive-aggressive tone, before she sums up the most important reason: FREEDOM.
There are a ton of MGTOW vids, who are much more straightforward than this tampon soaking cunt..

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #248 on: November 02, 2017, 03:53:22 PM »
Thank you. I feel as though my life is complete now. What more is left?

Blue stars!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #249 on: November 02, 2017, 04:03:21 PM »
X