Author Topic: Are married family men truly happy?  (Read 49650 times)

Hack Benchers

Re: Are married family men truly happy?
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2017, 01:11:56 PM »
She's gonna out on something tight and sexy and then make some dinner, which will be high-protein, low carb bodybuilding food.

I am actually not making this up, LMAO.
Aj, you used to post here A HELL OF A LOT. What does that say about your marrige and commitment to family life? Or is your son allready in his teens or living on his own? No pun intended, just wondering.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2017, 01:14:43 PM »
ive settled down again and its a much more fulfilling life
T

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2017, 01:25:44 PM »
I remember science articles who confirm that married people are happier. I find this hard to believe.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2017, 01:27:32 PM »
Skorpio are you looking for our acceptance to the fact that you are 40, single and happy? Because we all know this topic is done to death and most married people aren't happy from various obvious reasons, so have you secretely gotten second thoughts on your situation? Because forget it.

Being single is the new normal because science has gotten so awesome that we don't need sperm or eggs to evolve.

Anyhoo, here's something that might be funny related to this topic. A person I know got engaged. Me, him and his future wife of choice were talking this and that which eventually lead to one night stands versus sex in a good relationship. Being single and a gb'er, I knew this was going to be awesome.
 She strongly suggested that women have great sex only in a good relationship. Well then I called my sex partner, put on loud speaker and she answers the phone like "babyyyy I miss yoouuuuu!", put off the loud speaker and told her I call you back. Then I smiled and told this woman that no woman misses a man unless she loves the d, no love lost, no love found. She was very upset and only talked with my guy afterwards ignoring me.

JackScribber

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2017, 01:28:22 PM »
As answered a billion times across the eons by smart men such as myself - it depends on the person. Lame, ordinary but yet cuts to the heart of the truth.

Some guys like my brother will be lost at sea without his girlfriend. They've been together for 22 years (since his mid teens) and seem just as happy as always. Me, I can take it or leave it. Being with someone that is. I'll never marry. Never ever ever. Did you hear me??? EVER. No way I'm paying for a marriage license and a party so some broad can feel like a 'princess' whilst I'm only there to say 'I do' and GTFO of the way. Unless there's a discernible benefit - which there's isn't. And spare me the emotional argument about declaring your love to one another or the world or in front of God. You're 2 of 7.4 billion other mouth-breathing dumb shitheads out there, you're not special and the world don't care.

And I agree with the OP. In the past my training and savings used to take a massive hit when tangled up with some stupid whore with dumb ideas. Not anymore. Been with my current girlfriend for about 18 months and my training and saving has never been better. She knew me first before we started dating and she was well aware of my views on women, marriage, money and dating. Yet she still chose to sniff around me and not once in 18 months tried changing those views. She's actually more anal (before you ask - she don't) about spending money than I am and her usual answer to me wanting to buy something or go somewhere is; waste of money. So it works in those ways. Sex is good and as much as I want, but I'd be lying if I tell ya that I don't fantasize about banging other women sometimes. Only natural I guess

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2017, 01:30:50 PM »
why is the marriage part needed? unless youre religious

JackScribber

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2017, 01:34:53 PM »
I remember science articles who confirm that married people are happier. I find this hard to believe.

Can find science articles saying the opposite.

It's like climate change.

Pick your favourite side and defend to your heart's content.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2017, 01:51:46 PM »
As answered a billion times across the eons by smart men such as myself - it depends on the person. Lame, ordinary but yet cuts to the heart of the truth.

Some guys like my brother will be lost at sea without his girlfriend. They've been together for 22 years (since his mid teens) and seem just as happy as always. Me, I can take it or leave it. Being with someone that is. I'll never marry. Never ever ever. Did you hear me??? EVER. No way I'm paying for a marriage license and a party so some broad can feel like a 'princess' whilst I'm only there to say 'I do' and GTFO of the way. Unless there's a discernible benefit - which there's isn't. And spare me the emotional argument about declaring your love to one another or the world or in front of God. You're 2 of 7.4 billion other mouth-breathing dumb shitheads out there, you're not special and the world don't care.

And I agree with the OP. In the past my training and savings used to take a massive hit when tangled up with some stupid whore with dumb ideas. Not anymore. Been with my current girlfriend for about 18 months and my training and saving has never been better. She knew me first before we started dating and she was well aware of my views on women, marriage, money and dating. Yet she still chose to sniff around me and not once in 18 months tried changing those views. She's actually more anal (before you ask - she don't) about spending money than I am and her usual answer to me wanting to buy something or go somewhere is; waste of money. So it works in those ways. Sex is good and as much as I want, but I'd be lying if I tell ya that I don't fantasize about banging other women sometimes. Only natural I guess

No anal is a dealbreaker imho.All 3 doors must be open for business.

light weight baby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2017, 01:54:48 PM »
LOL, no. But I can say that 20 years of group fitness and personal training has left her hard as nails with muscle in all the right places.

but does she really give you the admiration (arms mainly and overall physique) you desire?

that is key when it comes to women

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2017, 02:05:35 PM »
Can find science articles saying the opposite.

It's like climate change.

Pick your favourite side and defend to your heart's content.

I'm not surprised about this, esp not for ateists

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2017, 02:16:23 PM »
but does she really give you the admiration (arms mainly and overall physique) you desire?

Oh yes.

light weight baby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2017, 02:18:01 PM »
Oh yes.
i remember you mentioned a few years ago this was an area for improvement

did you pressure her into working on this?

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2017, 02:28:51 PM »

jack good post man. i was pretty niave when i got married. i fell for the "princess" wedding, jesus boy doing our vows (im an atheist- still pissed to this day we paid thAt fucker), annoying mother in law with her formal bullshit, 6 and 6 bridemaids and groosman, very old fashion, etc. etc. at the time, i just didnt care. kinda like, oh well sure whatever. as im 30s now, my friends getting married are doing destination weddings, fun stuff with small group of friends, etc. looks so fun, so i am kinda still pissed we did the stupid dog and poney show. that seems like the shit that goes on when you are in your twenties getting married. so my advice, wait till your an adult like age 30 and up. 25 is no adult.

financially speaking, marriage was great for us. my savings was shit, and my wife earns double what i earn. we were able to buy a house, and move up in investments, etc. also, like you said, my wife is very thrifty amd always looks for the best deal. friends we have in their thirties who are marrying are still doing the townhouse or rental thing. so combining assets really can propel you forward much faster.

now, this might not be important to many people. its really not to me. i argue alot about what we buy because id be fine with a shack in the woods. that always seems to be where people argue, is the life style. people have expectations. my expectation was big savings, retire early and small modest home and never worry about money. wife loves work, and wants big houses, nice things. thats our one main wedge, which sucks.

honestly, i was depressed single (wasnt getting laid bcause i wasnt confident (this was before tindr, which
ooks fun and easy) was lonely, had no one to watch dogs when i traveled). i also get depressed being married. so much hot asss out there, and you always thinkg " wow i bet that girl really has it all...nice person, loving, hot, etc...but you never really know. grass is always greeener. its a mental illness which i have. im never satisfied. i do KNOW that if i was single, id still be miserable though. i think im better off married honestly. like others said, working on happiness is the hard part and thats what im goin focus on for 2017. any tips are welcom!

8 INCH not biceps

• Getbig IV
  • On the road to weighing 300 pounds
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2017, 02:33:25 PM »
I love my freedom I can get up tomorrow morning if I choose fly to thailand smash some sluts and come back home, I cannot imagine being 60 years old and being turned on by a 60 year old wrinkled woman I could not have sex with her, when I am old I will be living on some beach training and juicing and smashing 18 year old sluts, now some married people will tell you that this will get old after a while but I have never gotten tired of smashing a young beautiful pussy.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2017, 02:38:12 PM »
I`m pretty happily married................. 14 years now.

light weight baby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2017, 02:44:05 PM »
I`m pretty happily married................. 14 years now.
does she admire your arms a lot ?

i cant imagine being happy without that

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2017, 03:07:00 PM »
does she admire your arms a lot ?

i cant imagine being happy without that
Loves my physique.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2017, 03:12:58 PM »
I`m pretty happily married................. 14 score now.

Fixed.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2017, 03:27:09 PM »

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2017, 03:27:52 PM »
Fixed.
Ya` prick ya` !!  LOL  :D

Happy New year bro!!  ;)

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2017, 03:30:39 PM »
i remember you mentioned a few years ago this was an area for improvement

did you pressure her into working on this?

Being that she's been in the fitness biz for 20+ years, she's pretty into muscle, so this wasn't a hard sell at all.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2017, 03:30:53 PM »

Reasons to be happily married

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2017, 03:35:38 PM »
ideally, stay single while you max out your prime physique years, and then (if you find the right woman) settle down and you experience the best of both worlds.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2017, 03:36:08 PM »
Having something in common makes for a happy marriage (bodybuilding related) (no homo)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2017, 03:38:19 PM »
Having the same goals (bodybuilding related)