Author Topic: Good luck getting Mexico to pay for the wall  (Read 5105 times)

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Good luck getting Mexico to pay for the wall
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 03:49:59 PM »
That's consistent with what he said on the campaign. 

I always thought it was a dumb promise, but there are ways he can make it happen, e.g., withholding foreign aid, tariffs, etc. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 04:05:19 PM »

I always thought it was a dumb promise, but there are ways he can make it happen, e.g., withholding foreign aid, tariffs, etc. 

not exactly

he said for more than a year that Mexico would pay for it then near the end FLIP FLOPPED and said he'd make the US pay for it and then give Mexico the bill.   

Of course we all know Mexico isn't going to pay for shit and Trump knows that too

Another Lie by the Jack Ass in Chief

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 04:07:40 PM »

Agreed and agreed.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 06:48:47 PM »
not exactly

he said for more than a year that Mexico would pay for it then near the end FLIP FLOPPED and said he'd make the US pay for it and then give Mexico the bill.   

Of course we all know Mexico isn't going to pay for shit and Trump knows that too

Are you this bitter in real life?

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 07:34:17 PM »
not exactly

– “We will close the detention camp in Guantanamo Bay.” Still open.

– “If we have not gotten our troops out [of Iraq] by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do.” Didn’t happen.

– “Today I’m pledging to cut the deficit in half by the end of my first term in office.” Instead, the national debt increased $5 trillion on his watch.

– “As soon as we’re out of this recession, we’ve got to get serious about starting to live within our means.” Huh?

– “We agree on reforms that will reduce the costs of health care. Families will save on their premiums.”

– “We’ve got shovel-ready projects all across the country.” Later, Obama admitted his own lie, saying, “There’s no such thing as shovel-ready projects.”

– “We reject the use of national security … to spy on citizens who are not suspected of a crime.”

– We “will ensure that federal contracts over $25,000 are competitively bid.”

– We “will eliminate all income taxation of seniors making less than $50,000 per year.”

– “We are going to work with you to lower your [health care] premiums by $2,500,” and we’ll “do it by the end of my first term as president.”

– “I don’t take a dime of their [lobbyists’] money, and when I am president, they won’t find a job in my White House.” In fact, Obama granted waivers at will, and more than a dozen lobbyists got jobs in the Obama administration.

– “I pledge to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution.” But Obama has ignored the constitutional amendment granting powers not enumerated in the Constitution to the states.

– “If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.”

– “The sequester is not something that I’ve proposed. It is something that Congress has proposed.” The truth is that the White House proposed an “automatic sequester” on July 12, 2011.

– “I didn’t set a red line [in Syria].” And yet, at a prior news conference, using unscripted language in a statement, he said, “a red line for us is we start seeing a whole bunch of chemical weapons moving around.”

– “It’s here that companies like Solyndra are leading the way toward a brighter and more prosperous future.” After Obama’s administration gave the company $535 million, Solyndra and its solar panels went belly up.

– To Israel, “We have not only made sure that they [Iran] have to stop adding additional centrifuges, we’ve also said that they’ve got to roll back their 20 percent advanced enrichment … down to zero.” In fact, the deal allows Iran uranium enrichment of 5 percent.

– “Eighty percent of Americans support including higher taxes as part of the [debt ceiling] deal.” However, that same week, a poll by Rasmussen showed only 34 percent supported a tax hike as part of the deal.

– In 2006: “America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better. I, therefore, intend to oppose the effort to increase America’s debt limit.” But as president, Obama has led the charge each year to increase America’s debt.

– “If you like your health care plan, you’ll be able to keep your health care plan, period. No one will take it away, no matter what. … You can keep your family doctor.”

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 07:45:46 PM »

– “We will close the detention camp in Guantanamo Bay.” Still open.

– “If we have not gotten our troops out [of Iraq] by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do.” Didn’t happen.

– “Today I’m pledging to cut the deficit in half by the end of my first term in office.” Instead, the national debt increased $5 trillion on his watch.

– “As soon as we’re out of this recession, we’ve got to get serious about starting to live within our means.” Huh?

– “We agree on reforms that will reduce the costs of health care. Families will save on their premiums.”

– “We’ve got shovel-ready projects all across the country.” Later, Obama admitted his own lie, saying, “There’s no such thing as shovel-ready projects.”

– “We reject the use of national security … to spy on citizens who are not suspected of a crime.”

– We “will ensure that federal contracts over $25,000 are competitively bid.”

– We “will eliminate all income taxation of seniors making less than $50,000 per year.”

– “We are going to work with you to lower your [health care] premiums by $2,500,” and we’ll “do it by the end of my first term as president.”

– “I don’t take a dime of their [lobbyists’] money, and when I am president, they won’t find a job in my White House.” In fact, Obama granted waivers at will, and more than a dozen lobbyists got jobs in the Obama administration.

– “I pledge to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution.” But Obama has ignored the constitutional amendment granting powers not enumerated in the Constitution to the states.

– “If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.”

– “The sequester is not something that I’ve proposed. It is something that Congress has proposed.” The truth is that the White House proposed an “automatic sequester” on July 12, 2011.

– “I didn’t set a red line [in Syria].” And yet, at a prior news conference, using unscripted language in a statement, he said, “a red line for us is we start seeing a whole bunch of chemical weapons moving around.”

– “It’s here that companies like Solyndra are leading the way toward a brighter and more prosperous future.” After Obama’s administration gave the company $535 million, Solyndra and its solar panels went belly up.

– To Israel, “We have not only made sure that they [Iran] have to stop adding additional centrifuges, we’ve also said that they’ve got to roll back their 20 percent advanced enrichment … down to zero.” In fact, the deal allows Iran uranium enrichment of 5 percent.

– “Eighty percent of Americans support including higher taxes as part of the [debt ceiling] deal.” However, that same week, a poll by Rasmussen showed only 34 percent supported a tax hike as part of the deal.

– In 2006: “America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better. I, therefore, intend to oppose the effort to increase America’s debt limit.” But as president, Obama has led the charge each year to increase America’s debt.

– “If you like your health care plan, you’ll be able to keep your health care plan, period. No one will take it away, no matter what. … You can keep your family doctor.”

Trump hasn't even taken office yet

His list of LIES will eclipse any other POTUS and same goes for his fuck ups.

His incoming administration is already in chaos

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 07:48:39 PM »
Keep watching MSNBC I guess.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 08:20:40 PM »
Trump hasn't even taken office yet

His list of LIES will eclipse any other POTUS and same goes for his fuck ups.

His incoming administration is already in chaos

Come on man, you're smarter than this. Why is it so hard to admit, that maybe these guys have no clue of all of the different bullshit going in, and after drinking from the firehouse after inauguration realize how hard it will be to impliment those campaign promise to a policy. Instead, as we've seen in this board which is a microcosm of the partisan arguments that plague our government, they argue until nothing gets done and no one wants to negotiate. That usually means sides giving up something to get closer to a common goal. Hopefully with Trumps background he can get everyone to that happy place where they agree to quit bitching for the good of the common people who voted their asses in office.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2017, 08:27:04 PM »
Are you this bitter in real life?

No, but I would bet just as stupid

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2017, 09:07:49 PM »
Come on man, you're smarter than this. Why is it so hard to admit, that maybe these guys have no clue of all of the different bullshit going in, and after drinking from the firehouse after inauguration realize how hard it will be to impliment those campaign promise to a policy. Instead, as we've seen in this board which is a microcosm of the partisan arguments that plague our government, they argue until nothing gets done and no one wants to negotiate. That usually means sides giving up something to get closer to a common goal. Hopefully with Trumps background he can get everyone to that happy place where they agree to quit bitching for the good of the common people who voted their asses in office.

good point

what should Americans give up ?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2017, 09:25:06 PM »
good point

Liberalism and your grand delusion that Marxism will happily take over

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2017, 09:48:35 PM »
Liberalism and your grand delusion that Marxism will happily take over

After Trump is done destroying America, I doubt anyone will give their confidence to the GOP for the next 20 years.

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2017, 03:22:44 AM »
I suspect a Hillary come back in 4 years..
The Teflon Don is not getting prosecuted...  ;D
Will be laughing at all the conspiracy getbiggers as the rumor is she is attending the inauguration  ;D

She did win the popular vote..
So there is support there..
All she has to do is spent all her time in the swing states she lost to the Donald..

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2017, 04:19:24 AM »
good point

We all have to give up a little. I have no delusions that the strong will at times carry the weak such is the case in our welfare system. I give up more tax money so that others can have things that they may not necessarily be able to afford otherwise. That doesn't mean it is not ready for some policing or change though. It's a bit broken in its current system. We live in a country of 300 million, nobody is going to get everything they want all of the time.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2017, 07:11:34 AM »
Can we all agree we need to secure our borders?  ???
a

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2017, 08:36:32 AM »
After Trump is done destroying America, I doubt anyone will give their confidence to the GOP for the next 20 years.

And how exactly is he going to do that? You see we have 3 branches of government, the POTUS is not the king of America, there are checks and balances.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2017, 10:02:09 AM »
Can we all agree we need to secure our borders?  ???

A wall won't do it..
They need tuffer laws..
The wall will be a waste of money..
A couple of buddies of mine work border patrol sector in McAllen Texas..
And all say the wall won't do shit to deter a Mexican or any person from another country from come in..
What they need is more man power and tuffer laws..

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2017, 10:05:14 AM »
A wall won't do it..
They need tuffer laws..
The wall will be a waste of money..
A couple of buddies of mine work border patrol sector in McAllen Texas..
And all say the wall won't do shit to deter a Mexican or any person from another country from come in..
What they need is more man power and tuffer laws..

So you've seen the blueprints for the wall/fence that will be implemented?
a

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2017, 01:16:13 PM »

There likely isn't one yet. From what I've read, the wall will be more like a tall fence. The border patrol says that it won't work.

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2017, 02:29:34 PM »

Do a search on YouTube ..
There are tons of videos of people @ drugs going over and under the wall..
It won't work....

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2017, 02:34:25 PM »
 ;D

Just a few examples why trump wall wont work..

;D

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=JAOQ8rNO-iI

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2017, 02:37:13 PM »

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2017, 02:39:46 PM »