Author Topic: Car knowledgable getbiggers (new car related)  (Read 5518 times)

Victor Venice Beach

Re: Car knowledgable getbiggers (new car related)
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2017, 01:43:35 PM »
moroccans are very hard working people and you should stop stereotyping them

fact he drives Maybach also speaks volumes on his good taste

more on this later etc
I am not stereotyping brah. I have moroccan friends.
Check my posts I dont do racist postings.
Read up on " moroccan mafia" then come back to discuss.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2017, 01:44:04 PM »
do they? they are NA engines, the 335i s have had turbo problems at least in the past, hat problem is why i bought a 330i when I did.
all M engines now are FI. And even the older NA M engines---S85, S65, S54 have had or have issued with them.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2017, 01:44:33 PM »
most getbiggers are c level executives

Or so they claim.

Officers who hold C-level positions are typically considered the most powerful and influential members of an organization; consequently, they make higher-stakes decisions, their workload is more demanding, and they have relatively high salaries.

light weight baby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2017, 01:45:47 PM »
Or so they claim.

Officers who hold C-level positions are typically considered the most powerful and influential members of an organization; consequently, they make higher-stakes decisions, their workload is more demanding, and they have relatively high salaries.

Victor Venice Beach

« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2017, 01:46:55 PM »
I doubt I will still be driving it 50 years from now, unless dead people drive.
Prime. You wil be the first to make it to 130 y/o. Keep on trucking brah!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2017, 01:48:47 PM »
Prime. You wil be the first to make it to 130 y/o. Keep on trucking brah!

Thanks. As long as I continue to feel as good as I do now, I am okay with getting really old.

light weight baby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2017, 01:49:21 PM »
I am not stereotyping brah. I have moroccan friends.
Check my posts I dont do racist postings.
Read up on " moroccan mafia" then come back to discuss.
i was not being serious and you should reconsider those friends :-X

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2017, 01:57:17 PM »
how much can you get a 4 yr mustang for?

Victor Venice Beach

« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2017, 02:00:29 PM »
i was not being serious and you should reconsider those friends :-X
LOL I thought so but just wanted to be clear I aint no racist.

Victor Venice Beach

« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2017, 02:02:57 PM »
Thanks. As long as I continue to feel as good as I do now, I am okay with getting really old.
The only thing about getting old that scares me is dementia.
As long as you have your mind and some mobility you can keep going.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2017, 03:56:39 PM »
Get a jeep you pussies!

...nothing like having the top down on a nice summer day with the breeze whipping through your hair.

Deathtrap.

Get an f250 diesel.... Or an s550

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2017, 04:27:36 PM »
the reason is because you pay for the status of driving a new model luxury car

once the model is out dated it loses the status and turns into a piece of shit wannabe poser car

fact of life

Sounds like you've had experience?

Core

• Getbig III
« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2017, 04:33:54 PM »
Recently decided to get another nicer performance car. Was about to close on a BMW M2, and at the last minute test drove a 2016 WRX STi. The six-speed transmission and the clutch were as smooth as glass and the "Limited" (absolutely every option)+SSK was $40k, about $20k less than the M2.

Plus the STi is AWD an absolute must for NH winters.

Excellent choice sir! Although I do like subaru, the Evo is the better car. There is no logical reason for them to continue with the flat 4 engine just like Mazda kept trying to push the rotary.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2017, 04:42:37 PM »
Recently decided to get another nicer performance car. Was about to close on a BMW M2, and at the last minute test drove a 2016 WRX STi. The six-speed transmission and the clutch were as smooth as glass and the "Limited" (absolutely every option)+SSK was $40k, about $20k less than the M2.

3 months ago, I'd be looking at what I'm about to say and shaking my head, but here it is.

Should have tested the WRX, too.

Ugh, I know, who the fuck would want a WRX vs STI?

Well, the truth is, the WRX engine is new (as of 2015) and the STI engine is old as fuck and my god, is the 15+ WRX a great car to drive. 

The only reason I got to drive the '15 WRX is because after giving someone an absolute pile of shit for not spending a few thou extra for a used STI rather than a premium WRX, that person ignored that advice and bought a WRX.  I then got in that car and gave it a burn and now I understand why people say that as sacrilegious as it might be.. the WRX might just be more fun.

I personally would still buy the STI over the WRX, but I know that WRX is a better experience.

Core

• Getbig III
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2017, 04:57:03 PM »
3 months ago, I'd be looking at what I'm about to say and shaking my head, but here it is.

Should have tested the WRX, too.

Ugh, I know, who the fuck would want a WRX vs STI?

Well, the truth is, the WRX engine is new (as of 2015) and the STI engine is old as fuck and my god, is the 15+ WRX a great car to drive. 

The only reason I got to drive the '15 WRX is because after giving someone an absolute pile of shit for not spending a few thou extra for a used STI rather than a premium WRX, that person ignored that advice and bought a WRX.  I then got in that car and gave it a burn and now I understand why people say that as sacrilegious as it might be.. the WRX might just be more fun.

I personally would still buy the STI over the WRX, but I know that WRX is a better experience.

The new WRX is awesome and does not lag behind the STi the way the older WRX's used to. The WRX also has a 5 speed which in my opinion is an advantage to a daily driver given that the gear ratios are longer and thus requiring less shifts to get up to speed. Plus the WRX doesn't have that giant wing on the back which for those that just want a sporty and capable AWD sedan is a huge turn off.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2017, 07:09:47 PM »
The new WRX is awesome and does not lag behind the STi the way the older WRX's used to. The WRX also has a 5 speed which in my opinion is an advantage to a daily driver given that the gear ratios are longer and thus requiring less shifts to get up to speed. Plus the WRX doesn't have that giant wing on the back which for those that just want a sporty and capable AWD sedan is a huge turn off.

The STi Limited doesn't have that retarded wing, just the trunk lip. And I really like the 6-speed because I like shifting.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2017, 07:25:07 PM »

M2 would hold its value more. The 1M is still commanding 40k or more prices due to its limited numbers and its reputation. The 1M and M2 will be those "collector" cars in the future and people will start picking them up, like older 911s. And they test them in the winter on snow tires. But, I can understand the choice, STi is nice.
What color did you pick out on the M2?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2017, 07:36:10 PM »
M2 would hold its value more. The 1M is still commanding 40k or more prices due to its limited numbers and its reputation. The 1M and M2 will be those "collector" cars in the future and people will start picking them up, like older 911s. And they test them in the winter on snow tires. But, I can understand the choice, STi is nice.
What color did you pick out on the M2?

They are going so fast, that picking the color wasn't an option. It was "here's one, want it?"

Core

• Getbig III
« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2017, 09:20:11 PM »
The STi Limited doesn't have that retarded wing, just the trunk lip. And I really like the 6-speed because I like shifting.

Oh of course they're both great cars, you really can't go wrong either way. I only wish they were not so large. I saw a 2007 STi this evening and that couldn't help but notice it was a good 20 percent more compact. Then you compare to the late 90s STi's which we get here in BC and those things are tiny some are even 2 doors! Those things frickin fly man

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2017, 05:04:54 AM »
Don't waste money on a new car.

I actually thought about buying a Boss 429 but then I still have the comfort issue that I'm seeking to fix.

The used luxury car will most definitely save money, but I don't know if I was some farted up car that someone else has been driving. Maybe I'll just lease something.  :-\

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2017, 06:02:06 AM »
Oh of course they're both great cars, you really can't go wrong either way. I only wish they were not so large. I saw a 2007 STi this evening and that couldn't help but notice it was a good 20 percent more compact. Then you compare to the late 90s STi's which we get here in BC and those things are tiny some are even 2 doors! Those things frickin fly man

They get a lot of HP out of that 4-cylinder 2.5L engine. It helps if you like to run it hard. The engine really likes the 4000-5000 rpm range.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2017, 06:09:55 AM »
They are going so fast, that picking the color wasn't an option. It was "here's one, want it?"
Yep. People have a hard time getting one, let alone getting to test drive one.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2017, 06:25:23 AM »

Plus, it's a Suburu, so it's built with love.   :)

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2017, 06:35:16 AM »
Plus, it's a Suburu, so it's built with love.   :)

I never quite liked the negative attention that I got with my M3. The STi slides under the radar except with speed freaks. Plus, there is a HUGE STi/WRX owners club where I work. Most of these guys are serious rally racers and they know the best mods to do.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2017, 06:39:08 AM »
I actually thought about buying a Boss 429 but then I still have the comfort issue that I'm seeking to fix.

The used luxury car will most definitely save money, but I don't know if I was some farted up car that someone else has been driving. Maybe I'll just lease something.  :-\

Look for two year old cars coming off lease.  The dealers want those cars off the lot quickly.

If you do this trick in google:   site:craigslist.org 2014 Acura MDX (or any car) google will give you every listing, regardless of location.  A lot of dealers put stuff on there.  When I got my MDX, dealer told me he had 6-7 coming in that fit my criteria - I drove about 3 hours to NY, and picked my car.  Car was near flawless and 25k less than it was new.
Y