Author Topic: Any topics you'd like me to post about ? seriously  (Read 3500 times)

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
Re: Any topics you'd like me to post about ? seriously
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2017, 01:54:29 AM »
Howard likely doesn't give a shit what people here think about him. Anyone in their right mind wouldn't be here if they really were really bothered by what folks post on Getbig. Your advice to him regarding working out is very good advice. Working out is something many of us need to do more often.  I know for sure that I do.

You're right.

But you're also missing a slight point.

I'm a little bit of a student of sociology here.. amateur at best, perhaps but I have been thinking about Howard lately, when reading this board.

I've noticed that people treat Howard poorly because he simply accepts the negativity.

Accepting negativity is a beta male behaviour and for better or worse, once someone establishes themselves as a beta male, a lot of very civil, normal people get sucked into being dicks to the beta.  We can't help it.  It's as if the person became a surrogate son and we need to toughen him up.  We feel perfectly at home being much much more brutal to the beta.  It's a very vicious cycle that ends up with someone like Howard posting some very innocuous and not inflammatory in any way stuff and getting the full force of savagery from people.

I have caught myself doing this shit to Howard on occasion and I've noticed that a lot of similarly rational people seem to be "turning" on him and given that he means well, I can see that he is genuinely causing people to treat him poorly, by virtue of being too nice.

I'm wondering whether his size keeps it from happening in real life or whether he has noticed this shit in real life?

So that is my question, Howard.  Do people in real life mistreat you because you're too friendly?

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2017, 06:20:38 AM »
You're right.

I'm a little bit of a student of sociology here.. amateur at best, perhaps but I have been thinking about Howard lately, when reading this board.

I've noticed that people treat Howard poorly because he simply accepts the negativity.

Accepting negativity is a beta male behaviour and for better or worse, once someone establishes themselves as a beta male, a lot of very civil, normal people get sucked into being dicks to the beta.  We can't help it.  It's as if the person became a surrogate son and we need to toughen him up.  We feel perfectly at home being much much more brutal to the beta.  It's a very vicious cycle that ends up with someone like Howard posting some very innocuous and not inflammatory in any way stuff and getting the full force of savagery from people.

I have caught myself doing this shit to Howard on occasion and I've noticed that a lot of similarly rational people seem to be "turning" on him and given that he means well, I can see that he is genuinely causing people to treat him poorly, by virtue of being too nice.

I'm wondering whether his size keeps it from happening in real life or whether he has noticed this shit in real life?

So that is my question, Howard.  Do people in real life mistreat you because you're too friendly?

Accepts the negativity?

He's a fucking blithering idiot. He's brings this on himself. People's reactions to Howard are a direct reflection of his behavior and lack of social skills.

A month from now he will be admitting he always was a closet homo and he's really here to troll for cock

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2017, 06:35:08 AM »
Howard, how many shows did you do?  Did you generally place high?  And which age would you say you were at your best?  One last question, why don't you compete anymore??

I did over 40 shows from 1978-95. Most were obscure , regional events that only mattered to those who competed.
Despite few to no drugs , I always managed to hold my own and place top 3 in most contests.
Of course, I got blown away a few times . The worst beating was at the AAU Mr New England in 1979.
I was in over my head and a bit off , even for that time.

I was at my best in my late 20's , after a few years of moderate juice cycles.
In 1986 for example I won my class ( and 3 overalls ) in 6 shows.

In 1996, I competed in a drug tested, natural pro qualifier show in Texas.
I got 2nd on a 3-4 judges decision and felt good about my conditioning.

I hung it up , because I wanted eat normally and not be on a serious  bodybuilding schedule.
In other words, I wanted to live a more relaxed lifestyle

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2017, 07:41:31 AM »
You're right.

Dude this is get big and most posters try to convince others they are massive, rich and screw super models.
Plus, most forum regulars post under fictional names and never show their face.

I'm no pro BB, comedian or party animal , so I took a different direction with forums.
I posted under my real 1st name, showed my actual pics and even posted a goofy video of me being interviewed.
It's more fun to come off as the well meaning, hapless , older dude who gets "virtual wedgies" on the forum.

It amazes and amuses me how so many different guys , go along with the expected norms in most situations.
For example, I really have been married 4x and never had kids.
Most dudes , seem to buy into the all or none concept of marriage is for life which includes having children.
It's like they were on "auto pilot" with the biggest decisions of their life.
Plus, unlike some forum "alpha males" ;), I got divorced instead of just going along with the wife's desires.

I'm nothing great or famous, but I'm secure in who I am.
Of course, I'm no super bad ass, but I rarely get treated rudely or
bothered by anyone .

I'm secure in who I am and in what I believe.
So much so, I find it fun to allow others to crack on me here at Get Big forums.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2017, 07:45:48 AM »
Accepts the negativity?

He's a fucking blithering idiot. He's brings this on himself. People's reactions to Howard are a direct reflection of his behavior and lack of social skills.

A month from now he will be admitting he always was a closet homo and he's really here to troll for cock

OK Shizzo, I'll make this brief and simple:

You openly posted about the joy and wonder from  sucking a dick.

I never did that or wanted to.

Big difference

Hack Benchers

« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2017, 01:21:11 PM »
I saw him in person briefly going up the escalator while I was headed down at the Arnold expo in 2008.
We've talked on the phone a lot however.

He's one of the real, genuine fans of pro bodybuilding.
The Mayor isn't a schmoe, but like me doesn't mind joking about it.
He's been married for many years and has kids.
He recently retired and spends more time with family now.
You'd be WTF, if you knew what he did for his career.

They Mayor is a funny, cool guy and I always enjoy talking shop with him.

Cool, great insights Howard. Did not know he had kids. I quess he is just a little autistic or something.
So what is it that he does for his career? Can you elaborate please?

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2017, 01:21:41 PM »
a

Hack Benchers

« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2017, 01:34:44 PM »
Howard, you seem like a good and decent guy irl life but for fuck's sake shut up already. Stop starting threads and just limit yourself to commenting, and staying on topic, on already existing threads. What on God's green earth makes you even remotely think that people here think you are interesting or care what you think about anything?

You sound so sad, lonely and bored. Start working out and see if you can get in shape. Limit your computer time to only certain days.

Snap out of it, FFS!
Calm down Gloria. Let the man have his fun.