Author Topic: Bradley Manning to have sentence commuted  (Read 8119 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Bradley Manning to have sentence commuted
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2017, 10:16:08 PM »
I'm totally against releasing classified military info just because you can hack in .
Assange, Snowden and Manning , etc should all be in jail.

I agree with you.

From what I heard on the news today, Manning's 35 year sentence was excessive. The time she served is consistent with what most people who commit these offenses serve. After being charged and convicted of violating the Espionage Act, stealing government property, violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, multiple counts of disobeying orders. All this apparently falls short of actual treason.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2017, 10:43:31 PM »
I agree with you.

From what I heard on the news today, Manning's 35 year sentence was excessive. The time she served is consistent with what most people who commit these offenses serve. After being charged and convicted of violating the Espionage Act, stealing government property, violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, multiple counts of disobeying orders. All this apparently falls short of actual treason.

Really? Were you against Assange when they released info and emails against Bush and Palin?

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2017, 12:56:58 AM »
You are right Manning did nothing to compromise security. The U.S. government just locked him her up for the heck of it.

Yeah, because Government is a paragon of virtue, and they'd never do such a thing... Look, based on the statute, whether Manning compromised security or not plays no part in the decision calculus. It comes down to whether Manning leaked classified documents or not. Leaking the classified NSA cafeteria menu would be just as illegal - and I hardly doubt that knowing whether they're serving pasta or beef would harm the security of the United States. Unless you think that we're at risk of catabolism.

I'm not your student, don't be giving me this stupid  homework.

You asserted Manning's leaks hurt national security. Asking you to support that assertion is homework?

You could have said: "but Manning didn't just leak details about abuse; there were also a lot of diplomatic cables containing sensitive information which shouldn't have been exposed." And you could have used that to make a plausible argument that there was some damage to U.S. national security although, in my opinion, I'd probably consider this more "embarassment" than anything else. That's my assessment and someone else may consider the cables to be a lot more damaging.

But instead of supporting your position you chose to act like the ornery fool you are.

The bottom line, and my point along with it, is, ultimately, rather simple: I agree that Manning broke the law and should be punished. But I think that the punishment should be fair and justice should be served.

Sentencing Manning to 35 years seems to be to be both unfair and unjust, especially considering that the information was leaked to the American public to document abuses done in our name by the United States Government..

It's doubly unjust when you consider that General Petraeus, who filled notebook after notebook full of classified information during his time in the Army, which he then stored at his home, and gave access to those notebooks along with other documents from his tenure at the CIA, to his Mistress who was also writing his autobigraphy.

Manning leaked his data on principle and leaked it to the press and the American people. He gets 35 years.

Petraeus leaked his data because his cock and ego needed stroking and leaked it to the first woman willing to take care of both his problems. He gets two years probation and teaching positions at Universities, and private investment firms.

And, as if the Petraeus case wasn't enough, Manning's punishment is, in my opinion, triply unjust when Hillary Clinton, whose own e-mail asks an aide to remove classification markings from a classified document so that it can be sent over unsecure fax to name just one example, escapes with just "well, she was careless."

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2017, 06:44:18 AM »
Obama releasing Oscar Lopez.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2017, 11:18:19 AM »

I don't care what she or whatever it wasn't solitaire by the way it's not really cold solitary is called administrative segregation by the way... And usually people who attempt suicide are given what's called Barney suit to where they don't make them sleep naked usually... Because it's fucking freezing cold and no cells usually... Barney suit looks just like something Barney Rubble from The Flintstones but where except it's made of heavy thick quilted material usually blue and damn near impossible to tie in a knot or make a noose out of it

I am learning many things about prison life from you which I otherwise would not know. Thanks for sharing your extensive knowledge on this subject.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2017, 05:25:39 PM »
It looks like this dishonorably discharged fag is not going to be able to get the government to pay to turn him into an ugly he/she.

Good.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2017, 06:08:04 PM »
It looks like this dishonorably discharged fag is not going to be able to get the government to pay to turn him into an ugly he/she.

Good.

Sadly, legions of get-biggers won't get full service treatment now from Ms Manning.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2017, 06:30:44 PM »

Good.

He going to make millions off book deals, etc.   
A

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2017, 06:47:18 PM »

I don't care what she or whatever it wasn't solitaire by the way it's not really cold solitary is called administrative segregation by the way... And usually people who attempt suicide are given what's called Barney suit to where they don't make them sleep naked usually... Because it's fucking freezing cold and no cells usually... Barney suit looks just like something Barney Rubble from The Flintstones but where except it's made of heavy thick quilted material usually blue and damn near impossible to tie in a knot or make a noose out of it

In Manning's case, wouldn't it be more of a "Betty suit" ?

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2017, 07:39:16 PM »

He going to make millions off book deals, etc.   

I'd say there is a better chance it will now succeed in killing itself.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2017, 12:37:49 AM »
I'd say there is a better chance it will now succeed in killing itself.

His suicide attempts were due to his treatment.  A few meds and a taste of freedom and he'll be fine
A