Author Topic: Dorian Yates Blood and Guts 6 week challenge  (Read 12958 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Dorian Yates Blood and Guts 6 week challenge
« on: January 17, 2017, 05:24:11 PM »

Sometimes we can make things too complicated and need to get back to a simple, consistent routine.
Fuk it, I'm going to do this 4 day /week split with set/rep routine .
I'll actually eat a decent diet for the next 6 weeks.

It's been quite awhile since I did a basic consistent routine OR made any gains, etc.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Dorian Yates Blood and Guts 6 week challenge
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 05:25:40 PM »

Sometimes we can make things too complicated and need to get back to a simple, consistent routine.
Fuk it, I'm going to do this 4 day /week split with set/rep routine .
I'll actually eat a decent diet for the next 6 weeks.

It's been quite awhile since I did a basic consistent routine OR made any gains, etc.

X

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 05:28:46 PM »
"I'm going to do.."  ::)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 05:34:02 PM »
LOL  :D  BS detector hahahaha

But seriously, I'm going to do this 4 day Yates split  with consistent diet and BB cardio for the next 6 weeks. I've got nothing to lose ( but fat  ;D) by simply following a routine without extra thought or analysis.
wed legs
Thur  chest bis , abs

sat - delts tris
Sun- back, abs

Cardio - 40 min treadmill walking , mon ,wed, fri, sat,

Diet  240 g pro , 220 g carbs, minimal fat 30- 50 g

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 05:40:10 PM »
Dear Howard,

If this is indicative of the average quality of your posts/threads, go back to MD..

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 06:16:32 PM »
Dear Howard,

If this is indicative of the average quality of your posts/threads, go fuck yourself..

In light of the fact that I post on MD as well, I modified your post.

SGT BARNES

• Getbig IV
  • crush your enemies, see them driven before you
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 09:00:46 PM »
so you need a dorian video to tell you that lifting weights with consistency over time can give results.  genius. secrets reveled. wow such insight.

you are a tool. if you couldnt do it for yourself then no youtube vid will make jackshit happen.  give up and continue dying slow.

goku

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2017, 04:02:48 AM »
FST-7, Dennis James' super slow training (God knows what its called), German Volume, Occlusion training, Dogshit training or whatever its called, supersets, giant sets, Milos magic drink blood flow training bollocks,
strip away all the nonsense, basics have always worked and always will.

Lift heavy (Relative) in good form, to good muscle failure, progress by getting stronger in that rep range, increase weight, get out and rest FFS (overtraining undertraining etc just rest sensibly! not rocket science!) EAT WELL...Go again.

Anything on top of that is reinventing something that has never needed reinventing.

goku

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2017, 04:08:13 AM »
Even with Dorian though, people take it all as gospel "has to be exactly one working set and once every 7-9 days or else your muscles calcify and catabolize themselves!"

No. Just use common sense. 2-3 working sets per exercise is fine.
Covering all angles is fine (1 or 2 work sets in 6-8 rep range, 1 in a higher rep range)
As long as you're progressing, you're doing good.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2017, 09:47:16 AM »
so you need a dorian video to tell you that lifting weights with consistency over time can give results.  genius. secrets reveled. wow such insight.

you are a tool. if you couldnt do it for yourself then no youtube vid will make jackshit happen.  give up and continue dying slow.

I figured it was time to mindlessly follow a routine from source most respect.
Too often I think we can all be guilty of over-thinking which = progress that's stinking.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2017, 09:49:02 AM »
Even with Dorian though, people take it all as gospel "has to be exactly one working set and once every 7-9 days or else your muscles calcify and catabolize themselves!"

Covering all angles is fine (1 or 2 work sets in 6-8 rep range, 1 in a higher rep range)

Good point!

I'm just trying to follow one basic routine to be consistent.
I'm NOT trying to promote one routine as superior to others here.

8 INCH not biceps

• Getbig IV
  • On the road to weighing 300 pounds
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2017, 09:52:17 AM »
Howard stop the trolling you and I both know that you wont do anything apart from getting up to eat burger fries and ice cream.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2017, 09:55:09 AM »
Howard stop the trolling you and I both know that you wont do anything apart from getting up to eat burger fries and ice cream.

Fair enough, but seriously, this is my step 1 return to real bodybuilding training and diet.

Once I get thru the first 6 weeks of following a routine without extra thought, I'll be on my way.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2017, 10:07:30 AM »
good luck.

you should make a training journal on the training section on getbig, i have one.

ive been training 3 times a week every week since november 17th now. whole body every time. so im already 8 weeks into my training.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2017, 10:37:43 AM »

If your form is great, you know how to feel the muscle and have the mind set to realy push it, one set is enough..

I prefer 2 or 3 with moderate weight these days the to protect my fragile joints, I gained all my size heavy duty style tho, really loved training that way

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2017, 10:56:25 AM »
so you need a dorian video to tell you that lifting weights with consistency over time can give results.  genius. secrets reveled. wow such insight.

Everybody (not just Howie) needs Dorian-videos to accomplish and do things.

Arnold would never have been Governor without a Dorian-video, there would be no NASA without a Dorian-video, Titanic would never have sunk without a Dorian-video.

The wheel? You got it, a Dorian-video demonstrating how to shape it.

Everybody needs a Dorian-video in their life.
Q

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2017, 11:04:26 AM »
good luck.

you should make a training journal on the training section on getbig, i have one.

ive been training 3 times a week every week since november 17th now. whole body every time. so im already 8 weeks into my training.

Good idea and  I'll also keep track of my food in a basic journal ,just to keep me on track.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2017, 11:08:06 AM »

If your form is great, you know how to feel the muscle and have the mind set to realy push it, one set is enough..

I prefer 2 or 3 with moderate weight these days the to protect my fragile joints, I gained all my size heavy duty style tho, really loved training that way

Good points.
In fact, I'm going to be sure to be slightly higher on the reps with ultra strict form.
I love the Yates leg routine ;warm up and 1 set to failure 12 -15 reps for : extensions, leg press, hacks, leg curls and hyper extension plus 1 set to failure 12-15 reps ( after warm up) on seated and standing toe raises .

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2017, 11:22:18 AM »
Some of yates tips on how to feel the movement are great and helped me leap frog  years of fucking about..

Gems like..." Pretend your trying to elbow somone behind you, when doing chins "... Or to hold a slight tensed pause at the bottom of hacks etc, every beginner should read and absorb all the info up

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2017, 11:26:52 AM »
Some of yates tips on how to feel the movement are great and helped me leap frog  years of fucking about..

Gems like..." Pretend your trying to elbow somone behind you, when doing chins "... Or to hold a slight tensed pause at the bottom of hacks etc, every beginner should read and absorb all the info up

I consider those tips as training gold. Sadly, the newbies are more interested in drugs then proper training and diet.
8 time Mr O Lee Haney was really big on feeling the wt in the worked muscle, during every inch lifted.

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2017, 11:39:15 AM »
Why is it every time I see a Bobo thread I mean Howard thread I feel like Bobo from the Stern show is calling in posting
I even hear Bobo's voice as I read it weird  ???

8 INCH not biceps

• Getbig IV
  • On the road to weighing 300 pounds
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2017, 03:31:22 PM »
I consider those tips as training gold. Sadly, the newbies are more interested in drugs then proper training and diet.
8 time Mr O Lee Haney was really big on feeling the wt in the worked muscle, during every inch lifted.

I am actually using dorian yates HIT training system right now and its so awesome I just warm up and go all out on one set per exercise and I am out of the gym in 45 min instead of lifting for two hours, if you are actually serious you will see results very fast from this routine.

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2017, 04:40:45 PM »
Why don't you just do a full body routine 3 days per week.  Just do big compounds.  Squat, dead, bench press, overhead press, rows etc.  Do like 5x5 or 3x8 progressive.  If you really want, throw in few isolations like curls or whatever.  This type of program is proven.  Go for a jog or walk on a few of your off days.  You already know how to eat from your competetive days.  You'll be thong ready in no time :-)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2017, 05:04:08 PM »
2-3 working sets per exercise is fine.

This. SO this.

Been doing 15-18 set workouts (6-10 reps) for twenty-plus years. 25-30 minutes per, ever since Haney (then Dorian, then Labrada) said less is more. Never looked back, no regrets.

Excellent post.

Simple Simon

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2017, 10:27:17 PM »
I am actually using dorian yates HIT training system right now and its so awesome I just warm up and go all out on one set per exercise and I am out of the gym in 45 min instead of lifting for two hours, if you are actually serious you will see results very fast from this routine.

why are you in the gym 45 minutes if you are only doing one set per exercise?

How many fucking exercises are you doing?
Given a 5-10 minute warm up what the fuck are you doing for 35 minutes?