Author Topic: Trump Derangement Syndrome  (Read 233556 times)

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Trump Derangement Syndrome
« Reply #250 on: September 14, 2017, 01:58:33 PM »
Right?  And radio silence by the MSM.  Bunch of hypocrites.  Fostering a climate of hate. 
All these attention  whores.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #251 on: September 14, 2017, 03:22:09 PM »
WTF is wrong with these people?!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #254 on: September 17, 2017, 12:06:20 PM »
This article is a hoot!

This is so dumb.  For gods sake - these people need a life

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #255 on: September 17, 2017, 12:38:41 PM »
This is so dumb.  For gods sake - these people need a life

I think you are taking the article too seriously. -Seems more "tongue in cheek" to me.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #256 on: September 18, 2017, 10:40:15 AM »
NY Times reporter slammed after saying boy mowing White House lawn sends bad signal on child labor
Fox News

Steven Greenhouse, left, tweeted that the lawn-mowing gig was 'not sending a great signal on child labor, minimum wage & occupational safety.'  (REUTERS/Carlos Barria)

A former New York Times labor reporter has been slammed on social media for a snarky tweet hitting the White House for letting an 11-year-old boy mow the Rose Garden lawn last week.

Steven Greenhouse, who worked for the Times for 31 years and still writes for the paper on occasion, took issue with the feel-good story of the boy, Frank Giaccio, of Falls Church, Va., who showed up at the White House Friday to cut the grass at the invitation of President Trump.

“Not sending a great signal on child labor, minimum wage & occupational safety >> Trump White House lets a 10-year-old volunteer mow its lawn,” Greenhouse, who covered unions for much of his time at the newspaper, tweeted.

The Daily Wire website slammed Greenhouse’s tweet as the “dumbest” ever posted on Twitter.

Others were just as critical.

Bill Kristol ✔ @BillKristol
The sanctimonious and humorless finger-wagging of nanny state progressivism in one tweet. https://twitter.com/greenhousenyt/status/908685719178301440
9:54 AM - Sep 16, 2017
 154 154 Replies   275 275 Retweets   944 944 likes

“The sanctimonious and humorless finger-wagging of nanny state progressivism in one tweet,” conservative commentator and journalist Bill Kristol tweeted.

Trump accepted the Virginia boy’s offer after he wrote to the president saying it would be his “honor to mow the White House lawn.” Frank, who was 10 when he wrote the letter but has since turned 11, also enclosed a menu of his landscaping services, including weed-whacking.

Sarah Sanders ✔ @PressSec
Frank is hard at work in the Rose Garden and doing a great job!
3:24 AM - Sep 15, 2017
 3,175 3,175 Replies   8,522 8,522 Retweets   40,521 40,521 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy
Trump spokeswoman Sarah Sanders said at the White House press briefing Friday that it was an “honor” to host Frank.

“The president has always loved go-getters like Frank,” she said.

After his initial tweet, Greenhouse engaged in a spirited back and forth with other Twitter users who disagreed with his view and let him have it. He tweeted later, “What this kid wants to do is noble, but sorry, I'm mindful of problems--I've written lots about child labor & kids being hurt by machinery.”

15 Sep
Steven Greenhouse @greenhousenyt
Replying to @greenhousenyt
What this kid wants to do is noble, but sorry, I'm mindful of problems--I've written lots about child labor & kids being hurt by machinery
 Follow
Tina C. @Redhead6886
Teaching kids to be self-sufficient and the value of a day's work is problematic now? FFS! My dad had me on the tractor when I was 9. #SMH
4:27 AM - Sep 16, 2017
 139 139 Replies   458 458 Retweets   5,271 5,271 likes
16 Sep
Tina C. @Redhead6886
Teaching kids to be self-sufficient and the value of a day's work is problematic now? FFS! My dad had me on the tractor when I was 9. #SMH
 Follow
Dear fledgling writer. Didn't you read the links I tweeted. It's great to teach kids to be self-sufficient. It's important that they be safe
4:29 AM - Sep 16, 2017
 493 493 Replies   14 14 Retweets   207 207 likes
15 Sep
Not sending a great signal on child labor, minimum wage & occupational safety >> Trump White House lets a 10-year-old volunteer mow its lawn https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/908682993455308800
 Follow
George L. Duncan @GeorgeLDuncan
Steven, that story is inspiring. Take a day off. You're getting grouchy and cranky/
7:52 AM - Sep 15, 2017
 10 10 Replies   7 7 Retweets   113 113 likes
15 Sep
George L. Duncan @GeorgeLDuncan
Steven, that story is inspiring. Take a day off. You're getting grouchy and cranky/
 Follow
What this kid wants to do is noble, but sorry, I'm mindful of problems--I've written lots about child labor & kids being hurt by machinery
7:56 AM - Sep 15, 2017
 47 47 Replies   2 2 Retweets   2 2 likes
 Follow
Stan @Roberty2009
Bonkers and biased: 11-year-old boy mows White House lawn, former @nytimes labor reporter @greenhousenyt uses nice story to bash Trump: https://twitter.com/greenhousenyt/status/908685719178301440
5:59 AM - Sep 15, 2017
 7 7 Replies   3 3 Retweets   28 28 likes
15 Sep
Stan @Roberty2009
Bonkers and biased: 11-year-old boy mows White House lawn, former @nytimes labor reporter @greenhousenyt uses nice story to bash Trump: https://twitter.com/greenhousenyt/status/908685719178301440
 Follow
I'm not bashing Trump. I know the dangers of child labor—Academy of Pediatrics says no one <12 should use push mower https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/05/170530082040.htm
8:34 AM - Sep 15, 2017

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/09/17/ny-times-reporter-slammed-after-saying-boy-mowing-white-house-lawn-sends-bad-signal-on-child-labor.html

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #257 on: September 18, 2017, 05:44:06 PM »
This is ridiculous. The worst part was that I knew someone would say that shit, but it's fucking dumb.

It was cool of Trump to even walk with him while he was mowing.

This is stupid AF for these people to bitch about the kid mowing a lawn. Good on the kid, Trump, and the White House staff for letting the kid have his moment.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #258 on: September 18, 2017, 05:51:22 PM »
This is ridiculous. The worst part was that I knew someone would say that shit, but it's fucking dumb.

It was cool of Trump to even walk with him while he was mowing.

This is stupid AF for these people to bitch about the kid mowing a lawn. Good on the kid, Trump, and the White House staff for letting the kid have his moment.

Completely agree.  Criticize him when he deserves it.  Give him credit when he does something good.  Probably impossible to do if someone has TDS. 

People are really setting him up for a second term.  People are going to tune them out for crying about so much stupid stuff. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #259 on: September 18, 2017, 06:31:09 PM »
Jennifer Palmieri: Trump’s Golf Gif Is ‘Promoting Violence Against Women’
by PAM KEY
18 Sep 2017

Monday on MSNBC, former Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign director of communications Jennifer Palmieri said President Donald Trump’s retweet of an animated gif that shows him knocking down Hillary Clinton with a golf ball was “promoting violence against women.”

Palmieri said, “I thought it was both appalling and revealing about his state of mind. And it’s appalling because it is making, you know — let alone being unable to let go of the election, but promoting violence. You know, that is promoting violence against women from the president of the United States.”

She continued, “You can disagree with Hillary Clinton on policy, you can think she makes mistakes, but the hatred that surrounds her is irrational. And I think that’s a—that is one of the things that’s positive about her writing this book is that we are able to step back and, you know, outside of the heat of the campaign, without any sort of electoral stakes at hand, and consider why that is. And she’s just been this lightning rod her whole adult life, and I think it is because she’s always—whatever role she’s been in, from when she was a young woman, to the first lady, to a presidential candidate, she’s challenged the way we thought about women. And that vexes people. And it doesn’t mean everybody is sexist or everyone is a misogynist, we’re just not sure what to make of her. Because there’s no role model. There’s no—there’s nothing we can refer back to. And so people are suspicious about her. Well, why is that? Why is she doing this? Why does she want this job? And you know, that’s something we all have to wrestle with.”

She added, “And I—again, I don’t think that means everybody is a sexist, but then you do have these moments of blatant, gross misogyny that, you know, at the hands of the president of the United States, it’s—it just couldn’t be more distressing, but I think, you know, women and Americans of all gender that—both genders that are concerned about this and look—look at this moment as something to learn from and to call out, not just as beneath the dignity of the president of the United States, but as actually promoting and-and promoting violence against women.”

13 Sep
NY TIMES SUCKS @Fuctupmind
Replying to @Fuctupmind @realDonaldTrump
Why did James Comey leak material to the failing #NYTimes, written while he was head of the fbi, AFTER he was fired? pic.twitter.com/fcoO2hUdZk
 Follow
NY TIMES SUCKS @Fuctupmind
Donald Trump's amazing golf swing #CrookedHillary pic.twitter.com/vKhxxFCBV1

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/09/18/jennifer-palmieri-trumps-golf-gif-promoting-violence-women/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #260 on: September 18, 2017, 06:41:30 PM »
Trump does a lot of things I disagree with. Since becoming President, this is mostly regarding his policies, lying and stupid tweets. In and effort to come up with fresh news stories, the media makes "much ado about nothing". This is becoming extremely tiresome. As a result, I watch less and less Trump related news.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #261 on: September 18, 2017, 06:47:49 PM »
Trump does a lot of things I disagree with. Since becoming President, this is mostly regarding his policies, lying and stupid tweets. In and effort to come up with fresh news stories, the media makes "much ado about nothing". This is becoming extremely tiresome. As a result, I watch less and less Trump related news.

This is exactly what I've been saying.  I think you're representative of a lot of people around the country. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #262 on: September 18, 2017, 08:14:57 PM »
"both genders that are concerned about this"

How dare this bigot?  >:(

There are at least 483 at last count!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #263 on: September 21, 2017, 05:32:42 PM »
Maxine Waters: I 'guarantee' Trump is colluding with Russia
BY TAYLOR LORENZ - 09/21/17

Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.), one of President Trump's most vocal critics, said Thursday she can “guarantee” that he is colluding with the Russians to undermine American democracy.

Waters, who has repeatedly called for Trump's impeachment, made the statements at a Congressional Black Caucus town hall meeting on civil rights in Washington, D.C.

"Here you have a president who I can tell you and guarantee you is in collusion with the Russians to undermine our democracy. Here you have a president that has obstructed justice. And here you have a president that lies every day," Waters said, as reported by The Washington Examiner.

She also encouraged members of Congress to pursue impeachment.

"How many of you in your organizations have said 'Impeach 45? ... Well, they don't have what it takes, they don't have the laws yet. Impeachment is about whatever the Congress says it is,” she said. “There is no law that can dictate impeachment. What the Constitution says is 'high crimes and misdemeanors' and we define that. Bill Clinton got impeached because he lied.”

Multiple Democrats have called for Trump's impeachment, but the party's leadership in Congress has urged caution, saying the investigations into last year's Russian election meddling don't yet warrant it.

Waters has become famous on the internet for her harsh words against Trump. In August, she called him “the most deplorable person I have ever met” and that there was “something terribly wrong with him.”

She said prior to his inauguration that she believed Trump would eventually be thrown out of office, and added in April that she would “fight every day until he is impeached.” In her eulogy for comedian Dick Gregory at his funeral this past Saturday, Waters said, “I’m gonna say ‘Impeach 45 everyday, Impeach 45 everyday, Impeach 45 everyday.’”

She has also taken to calling White House staff the “Kremlin Klan” and advocated for an aggressive independent investigation into Russian interference in the election and whether Trump conspired with Moscow.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/351748-maxine-waters-i-can-guarantee-trump-is-colluding-with-russia

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #264 on: September 23, 2017, 11:48:28 AM »
Proof of failing upward.

She's a fucking moron. Dumb as dirt.

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
« Reply #265 on: September 26, 2017, 09:21:16 AM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #266 on: September 26, 2017, 01:14:06 PM »
Dem lawmaker threatens to force Trump impeachment vote next week
BY CRISTINA MARCOS - 09/26/17

Dem lawmaker threatens to force Trump impeachment vote next week

Rep. Al Green (D-Texas) said Tuesday that he will move to force a House floor vote to impeach President Trump next week as he denounced Trump's attacks on NFL players protesting police brutality.

Green, a member of the Congressional Black Caucus, stood on the GOP side of the House chamber to announce his plans to file a resolution that will automatically trigger a floor vote.

“I rise today as a proud American. A person who believes in his country, who salutes the flag and says the Pledge of Allegiance and sings the national anthem,” Green said, wearing an American flag-themed tie.

“I will stand here in the well of the Congress, and I will call for the impeachment of the president of the United States of America,” he said.

Trump renewed the controversy over former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick’s kneeling protests at a rally in Alabama on Friday.

“Wouldn't you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, 'Get that son of a bitch off the field right now. He is fired,’ ” Trump said.

Green denounced Trump’s comments, saying they amount to “a level of indecency that is unbecoming the presidency.”

“I rise to say to the world that this is not what America is all about,” Green said, hitting the podium for emphasis.

Under House rules, any member can file what is known as a “privileged” resolution that argues something goes against the dignity and integrity of the House.

Even if Republicans reject it, as expected, Green can still force a procedural vote on his resolution.

Green has called for Trump’s impeachment before. He signed on to an article of impeachment filed by Rep. Brad Sherman (D-Calif.) in July that argues Trump obstructed justice by firing James Comey as FBI director amid the agency’s investigation of whether his campaign colluded with the Russian government.

Green previously threatened to file a privileged resolution to impeach Trump in June if he ousted Robert Mueller, the special counsel now overseeing the FBI’s investigation.

“I think that would be a part of the last straw, if not the last straw, if he did that,” Green told The Hill at the time.

It's unclear if the latest privileged resolution on which Green is threatening to force a vote will also cite the Comey firing as justification for impeaching Trump. A spokesman didn't immediately return a request for comment.

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/house/352456-dem-lawmaker-threatens-to-force-trump-impeachment-vote-next-week

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #267 on: September 29, 2017, 12:08:48 PM »
Dem addiction to Trump attacks gives party cause for concern

BY AMIE PARNES - 09/29/17 06:01 AM EDT  3,662

Dem addiction to Trump attacks gives party cause for concern

Democrats are linking Republican gubernatorial candidates to President Trump in New Jersey and Virginia, two states won by Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton in last year’s presidential election where the attacks could drive base voters to the polls.

But some Democrats are concerned about their party’s strategy.

Even if Democrats win the two contests, they say it could give the party a false sense of confidence that attacking Trump is the best way to win the House and Senate in 2018.

“It's like a jolt of sugar and they can't put it down,” Democratic strategist Jamal Simmons said of the Trump attacks.

Simmons said Democratic activists relish the attacks on Trump, he but questioned whether it will help the party win over the centrist and independent voters they will need to win races across the country.

“If you want to convince a semi-regular voter to show up on Election Day, you need to find something else,” he said.

For evidence that the attacks on Trump are not a panacea for the party, Democrats don’t have to go back all the way to 2016.

The party suffered a string of losses in House special elections earlier this year, most notably in Georgia, where they feverishly backed Jon Ossoff in a House race that was viewed as a referendum of sorts on Trump.

In Georgia’s 6th Congressional District and the other races earlier this year, Democrats were fighting on GOP territory and lost, repeatedly.

“I worry there’s a bit of amnesia happening,” said one senior aide on Capitol Hill. “It’s almost like we didn't learn our lesson in November, and it can really come back to haunt us a little over a year from now when it really, really matters.”

In New Jersey and Virginia, the anti-Trump campaigns may bear fruit.

In Jersey City and other parts of northern New Jersey, Democratic operatives have flooded the streets with signs and front door literature reading “Stop the Trump Christie Agenda” ahead of the Nov. 7 gubernatorial election between Republican Lt. Governor Kim Guadagno and Democrat Phil Murphy.

It would be a shock of enormous proportions if Murphy lost that race given Christie’s unpopularity. Clinton defeated Trump in the state, 55 percent to 41 percent.

In Virginia, Democrat Ralph Northam has a small edge over Republican Ed Gillespie, according to a recent Christopher Newport University poll.

Clinton defeated Trump there by a narrower margin, 49.7 percent to 44.4 percent, but the Northam campaign has embraced the anti-Trump message.

“TrumpEd: How Ed Gillespie embraced his inner Donald,” one campaign press release sent out last week read.

In another release last week, David Turner, Northam’s communication director, said Gillespie is “taking a page out of the Trump playbook: butchering the facts to try and frighten the voters."

“It is a sad display of disrespect for the voters of Virginia to engage in hysterical fearmongering,” Turner said in the release. “He doesn’t understand Virginians — they care about the truth, even if he doesn’t.”

A Northam campaign aide told The Hill that looping Gillespie with Trump has been a “successful” strategy and pointed to the recent Christopher Newport University poll, which says there's a “Trump effect” on the upcoming election.

The poll revealed that “a significant segment of voters” say Trump would play a factor in their decision in the gubernatorial race.

“I think being anti-Trump is more powerful than people think,” said Julian Zelizer, a professor of history and public affairs at Princeton University. “Republicans built huge majorities in large part by being anti-Obama. Bottom line is negative politics can work, especially wave moments like the one we are in.”

Zelizer added, “Being against Trump is more than just disliking the man; it symbolizes what a person stands for at this moment in politics.”

Still, there are Democrats worried about the emphasis on Trump.

In their post mortem of what went wrong in the presidential election, many strategists and pollsters concluded that Clinton’s campaign spent too much time going negative on Trump and not enough time explaining why voters should support her. As the campaign grew increasingly contentious in the final weeks, Clinton’s aides — who had sought to end the campaign with a feel-good message — felt compelled to go negative.

Democrats in Congress have been working on their message since the defeat.

In July, they unveiled “A Better Deal,” an economic agenda aimed at winning back the hearts of traditional Democrats — including the working class — who didn’t back the party in 2016.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) acknowledged his party had a messaging problem last year.

“The number one thing that we did wrong is we didn’t tell people what we stood for,” Schumer said on ABC’s "This Week" when the new economic agenda was unveiled.

Now the question is whether Democrats will stick to their guns in next year’s midterm elections, particularly if they win New Jersey and Virginia by going all-in against Trump.

“The Democrats have to come up with some kind of vision that can be neatly articulated and proposed as the alternative. Without that, you're probably not going to see this tidal wave of reaction that they're hoping for,” said Grant Reeher, the director of the Campbell Public Affairs Institute at Syracuse University.

“They never really sorted out clearly what their message is absent of drawing that contrast with Trump. I don’t think they ever got closure on it.”

www.thehill.com

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #268 on: September 29, 2017, 02:48:16 PM »
I read today where deportations are down from previous years.....seems weird.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #269 on: September 29, 2017, 03:27:26 PM »
I read today where deportations are down from previous years.....seems weird.

Not if they stopped manipulating the numbers like Obama did by counting people turned away at the border as deportations.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #270 on: September 29, 2017, 06:35:06 PM »
Not if they stopped manipulating the numbers like Obama did by counting people turned away at the border as deportations.

Without much doubt, more folks are not being admitted at the boarders now. Since one of Trump's campaign promises was to send illegal immigrants home, why wouldn't he  encourage manipulating the numbers to make it appear that this is happening? He has no trouble lying about anything else, even when he is caught.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #271 on: September 29, 2017, 06:38:18 PM »
Without much doubt, more folks are not being admitted at the boarders now. Since one of Trump's campaign promises was to send illegal immigrants home, why wouldn't he  encourage manipulating the numbers to make it appear that this is happening? He has no trouble lying about anything else, even when he is caught.

If anything, the fact he is actually enforcing our immigration laws has had a deterrent effect on illegals coming across the border. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #272 on: September 30, 2017, 03:06:42 PM »
If anything, the fact he is actually enforcing our immigration laws has had a deterrent effect on illegals coming across the border. 

Agreed. Technically, ICE is enforcing the law.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #273 on: October 03, 2017, 10:49:55 AM »
Professor blames Las Vegas massacre on 'Trumpism,' 'narrative of white victimization'
Caleb Parke By Caleb Parke, Fox News

Drexel University professor George Ciccariello-Maher tweeted that "white people and men" will go on shooting sprees "when they don't get what they want."
Drexel University professor George Ciccariello-Maher tweeted that "white people and men" will go on shooting sprees "when they don't get what they want."

Extreme "Trumpism" and "white victimization" motivated the Las Vegas shooter who killed 59 and injured at least 515 others, according to a Drexel University professor.

Associate Professor George Ciccariello-Maher tweeted just hours after the massacre “white people and men” will go on shooting sprees “when they don’t get what they want.”

Stephen Paddock used a perch inside the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino to rain down fire on a crowd at a country music concert Sunday night.

Drexel University told Fox News the professor’s tweets don’t represent the university’s views.

“The recent social media comments by George Ciccariello-Maher, associate professor of Politics and Global Studies at Drexel University, are his own opinion and do not represent the University’s views,” the university said in a statement. “Drexel is deeply saddened by the tragic shooting in Las Vegas. The thoughts and prayers of the Drexel community are with the families of those affected by this senseless act of violence.”

This professor has a history of controversial tweets. In 2016, he tweeted “all I want for Christmas is white genocide.”

Cicariello-Maher began a Twitter thread Monday morning with a three word message: “A White Man.”

Follow
George Ciccariello ✔ @ciccmaher
A White Man
2:08 AM - Oct 2, 2017
 14 14 Replies   42 42 Retweets   82 82 likes
“It’s the white supremacist patriarchy, stupid,” he tweeted.

Follow
It's the white supremacist patriarchy, stupid.
4:29 AM - Oct 2, 2017
 164 164 Replies   444 444 Retweets   1,146 1,146 likes
Cicariello-Maher continued:

"But liberals will drown out all discourse with a deafening chorus screeching 'gun control.' To believe that someone who would shoot down 50 people wouldn't circumvent any gun law you pass is the height of delusion. But liberal escapism means talking about easy questions and proposing easy non-solutions rather than talking about who kills and why.

"White people and men are told that they are entitled to everything. This is what happens when they don't get what they want. The narrative of white victimization has been gradually built over the past 40 years. It is the spinal column of Trumpism, and most extreme form is the white genocide myth. Yesterday was a morbid symptom of what happens when those who believe they deserve to own the world also think it is being stolen from them."

He ended with this tweet several hours later:

“Here's a wild idea: white supremacy in the U.S. is a bipartisan project, & *both* the gun lobby *and* the anti-gun lobby are racist as f---.”

Follow
Here's a wild idea: white supremacy in the U.S. is a bipartisan project, & *both* the gun lobby *and* the anti-gun lobby are racist as fuck.
4:18 PM - Oct 2, 2017
 28 28 Replies   249 249 Retweets   837 837 likes

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/03/professor-blames-las-vegas-massacre-on-trumpism-narrative-white-victimization.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #274 on: October 09, 2017, 10:32:39 AM »
Outrage as Nevada professor suggests Trump deserves blame for Las Vegas massacre
Alex Pappas By Alex Pappas, Fox News

A university professor in Las Vegas was filmed in class this week suggesting President Trump deserves some blame for the city’s shooting massacre because “all he’s done” is “encourage violence.”

“Right when he got elected, I told my classes, three semesters ago, that some of us won’t be affected by this presidency, but others are going to die,” UNLV history professor Tessa Winkelmann said Thursday, according to video obtained by the Las Vegas Review-Journal. “Other people will die because of this. And we’ve seen this happen, right?”

Winkelmann cited Trump’s comments threatening military action against North Korea and argued “words, especially if they’re coming from someone who is the president, have consequences.”

TRUMP PRAISES 'BRAVERY' OF FIRST RESPONDERS IN LAS VEGAS

“I don’t know that these events would have inevitably happened whether or not he got elected, but he has rhetorical powers every president has to encourage or to discourage,” she said of the Las Vegas shooting. “So far all he’s done is to encourage violence.”

Fifty-eight people were killed about 500 were injured in the attack when Stephen Paddock opened fire from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay casino at attendees of a country music concert.

The Las Vegas Review-Journal reported that a student told them Winkelmann’s comments polarized the classroom and students began shouting at each other.

The comments have since been criticized by both the university and the White House. Winkelmann has also issued an apology.

“While we respect academic freedom in the classroom and the right to free speech, we believe the comments were insensitive, especially given the series of events this week and the healing process that has begun in the community,” UNLV spokesman Tony Allen said.

“It is sad she is teaching students such divisive, inaccurate and irresponsible rhetoric,” said White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders. “She should be ashamed of herself, and the university should look into it. What a terrible example to set for students.”

Winkelmann expressed regret about her comments to the newspaper.

“This week has been very difficult for members of our community, and we have allowed students space in our classes to discuss how they have been affected and to openly convey their feelings,” Winkelmann said. “I regret that my comments caused more pain during this difficult time. Emotions were running high and I wish I would have been more thoughtful in how I directed the conversation.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10/07/nevada-professor-suggests-trump-deserves-blame-for-las-vegas-massacre.html