Author Topic: In Like Flynn  (Read 50393 times)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Re: In Like Flynn
« Reply #100 on: February 19, 2017, 12:06:13 PM »
Oh so now you're acknowledging that you can mock someone without using sarcasm?  Good.  

I nevers said that you can't mock someone without sarcasm. What I did say is that if you use sarcasm, then it is sarcasm.  You were using the word incorrectly.

I was a Never Trump voter.  Did not vote for him.  After the election, I gave him a clean slate and want to give him a chance to lead.  
So, in other words, as circumstances changed, that influenced how you felt about Donald.

But back to these "seedy Russian ties."  If the conspiracy differs from how I outlined it earlier, walk me through exactly how this whole thing worked.  
I'm not even sure what you outlined. From what I got from your previous posts, you're claiming that when Mitch McConnell, Roy Blunt, Peter King called for an investigation into Trump administration ties to Russia it was a figment of my imagination? Or that those Republican legislators are a part of the liberal media conspiracy?

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #101 on: February 19, 2017, 12:29:49 PM »
So why did Trump Fire him?

You been under a rock? Start at beginning of thread. No need for someone to hold your hand
a

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: February 19, 2017, 03:43:44 PM »

Because he did the thing he told him to do. Then they found out the thing was bad.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #103 on: February 19, 2017, 05:54:22 PM »
You been under a rock? Start at beginning of thread. No need for someone to hold your hand

Haha,yep.

Another nothing story mixed with fake news, allegations, innuendo, false reporting and narrative shaping to create something from nothing.

Too funny.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #104 on: February 19, 2017, 06:14:25 PM »
Haha,yep.

Another nothing story mixed with fake news, allegations, innuendo, false reporting and narrative shaping to create something from nothing.

Too funny.

So why are they asking for the tapes to remain intact?

None of this is fake news. Sorry.

As a matter of fact, why does Trump not seem to be able to answer the question about the discussions?

Look. I am not saying anything done was wrong, but if there's no wrong doing, Trump saying he did nothing wrong would have squashed it.

Telling Pence beforehand so he knew would have helped with that.

It's definitely not fake news. Even Fox News just asked questions and got no answers. Fake news is the shit that is posted around Facebook and other such nonsense. Not Fox, ABC, NBC,CBS, or CNN.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #105 on: February 19, 2017, 08:36:47 PM »
Any negative polls are fake news lmao

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #106 on: February 19, 2017, 09:18:38 PM »
Any negative polls are fake news lmao

Tell that to your girl Hillary. 

Skeeter

« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2017, 08:16:10 AM »
"Most importantly, Gen. Flynn is opposed to the Russia-is-the-Enemy war party that rules the US on corporate media, big money, government, and dark-state levels."

Is this true? Was Flynn working for peace with Russia? If so, it's a shame to see him go.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/trump-decapitates-the-russia-peace-initiative/5575052

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2017, 02:08:30 PM »
I nevers said that you can't mock someone without sarcasm. What I did say is that if you use sarcasm, then it is sarcasm.  You were using the word incorrectly.
So, in other words, as circumstances changed, that influenced how you felt about Donald.

I'm not even sure what you outlined. From what I got from your previous posts, you're claiming that when Mitch McConnell, Roy Blunt, Peter King called for an investigation into Trump administration ties to Russia it was a figment of my imagination? Or that those Republican legislators are a part of the liberal media conspiracy?

You didn't understand that the words mocking and sarcasm were not necessarily synonymous.  I'm glad you now understand they are not.  Then again, you are the same person who tried to tell me that "global warming" and "climate change" were different.    

The "circumstances" that change was Trump won the election.  Whenever a new president wins his first term, I give him the benefit of the doubt and hope for success.  You might struggle with that concept, because you have blind allegiance to your party.  

What I outlined is right here:

This is sort of like the birther stuff.  When you step back and think about it, it really makes no sense.  

If I'm following the current line of thinking about these "seedy Russian ties" (not by you):

1.  At some point during the presidential election cycle, someone from the Russian government was in contact with Trump in an effort to gain some kind of favor if he was elected president.  

2.  Someone in the Russian government then worked with WikiLeaks to hack Podesta's email, obtaining truthful information, which WikiLeaks then released, in cooperation with Trump.

3.  The release of this information caused Trump to be elected president.  

4.  Trump is now beholden to Russia, and will be doing some unspecified acts that benefit Russia.  

Sounds pretty loony.  

Do you agree with this?  If not, please walk me through exactly how these "seedy ties" to Russia resulted in Trump getting elected president and how this whole conspiracy is supposed to work.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2017, 02:09:51 PM »

Because he misrepresented facts to VP Pence. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2017, 02:13:09 PM »
??? Right  in the quote you posted I say he has a ton of momentum. Exactly where you bolded, I said why I didn't think he was a lock. The entire point of the thread was about him being the likely nominee. "Likely" =/= "lock"  ::)

Your exact words:

And, sure, Trump was the underdog, but he was hardly an astronomical longshot. Here's a link to a thread I started in September of 2015 commenting on his momentum and the likelihood he would clinch the Republican nomination:
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=579450.0 

He's so at odds with what the GOP has claimed to stand for for the last quarter century that I find it hard to believe that the nomination is a lock for him. However, there's no denying that he has a ton of momentum. If he wins the nomination, will this mark a major idealogical shift for the GOP? They've had a bit of a personality crisis  for a while now. For the last few election cycles it seems like they get really excited over anyone who's not business as usual, then just wind up abandoning that person for Boringum McTypicalPolitician.

You have got to be kidding me.  Saying you find it "hard to believe the nomination is a lock for him" is not saying he would likely win the nomination. 

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #111 on: February 20, 2017, 02:45:42 PM »
You didn't understand that the words mocking and sarcasm were not necessarily synonymous.  I'm glad you now understand they are not.      

No, I never said that the words were "not necessarily synonymous." What I said was that in the very specific case of you using sarcasm, they weren't distinct. You  posted a sarcastic statement, then for some reason, claimed it wasn't sarcasm, it was just mocking. If you use sarcasm to mock something, that doesn't stop it from being sarcasm. You incorrectly used the word.

The "circumstances" that change was Trump won the election.  Whenever a new president wins his first term, I give him the benefit of the doubt and hope for success.  You might struggle with that concept, because you have blind allegiance to your party.  
So, like I said, the circumstances influenced your feelings on Trump. Just like other circumstances, like... oh, I don't know, the leaked emails you were talking about in the post I was referencing... might influence other voters.

Do you agree with this?  If not, please walk me through exactly how these "seedy ties" to Russia resulted in Trump getting elected president and how this whole conspiracy is supposed to work.  

When people investigate suspicious issues/activities, why do you think they do it? Do you think it is because they have all of the answers before the investigation and the investigation is just for fun? Or do you think it is to gain a level of clarity on seedy activity?

Your exact words:

My EXACT WORDS:

I find it hard to believe that the nomination is a lock for him. However, there's no denying that he has a ton of momentum.

Posted in a thread I started asking how the Republican party will change if he clinches the nomination.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #112 on: February 20, 2017, 02:47:11 PM »
Because he misrepresented facts to VP Pence. 

Why do you think Flynn would misrepresent those specific facts?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: February 20, 2017, 02:53:09 PM »
No, I never said that the words were "not necessarily synonymous." What I said was that in the very specific case of you using sarcasm, they weren't distinct. You  posted a sarcastic statement, then for some reason, claimed it wasn't sarcasm, it was just mocking. If you use sarcasm to mock something, that doesn't stop it from being sarcasm. You incorrectly used the word.

So, like I said, the circumstances influenced your feelings on Trump. Just like other circumstances, like... oh, I don't know, the leaked emails you were talking about in the post I was referencing... might influence other voters.

When people investigate suspicious issues/activities, why do you think they do it? Do you think it is because they have all of the answers before the investigation and the investigation is just for fun? Or do you think it is to gain a level of clarity on seedy activity?

My EXACT WORDS:

I find it hard to believe that the nomination is a lock for him. However, there's no denying that he has a ton of momentum.

Posted in a thread I started asking how the Republican party will change if he clinches the nomination.

Ok.  Whatever.  I'm glad you understand the difference now.

The "circumstances" that influenced voters included Hillary being a dishonest, inauthentic, greedy, intemperate, unhealthy, unqualified candidate.  Voters didn't want an Obama third term.  The fact someone like Trump beat her pretty handily speaks volumes about just how lousy she was.   

Waiting for your explanation of how this conspiracy was supposed to work.  What are the "seedy ties" to Russia and how did they dictate the outcome of this election?  And for what purpose?   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: February 20, 2017, 02:53:37 PM »
Why do you think Flynn would misrepresent those specific facts?

I have no idea. 

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #115 on: February 20, 2017, 03:24:28 PM »
Ok.  Whatever.  I'm glad you understand the difference now.
That was never the question, though. When you say this:
I wonder if they are going to investigate the "seedy ties" to Russia?  This could be a blockbuster.  Maybe there is evidence that Trump is a Manchurian Candidate??
Do you believe that Trump is actually a Manchurian candidate? If not, then you are using sarcasm to mock something.

Do you get it now? Or are you still having trouble?  :-\

The "circumstances" that influenced voters included Hillary being a dishonest, inauthentic, greedy, intemperate, unhealthy, unqualified candidate.  Voters didn't want an Obama third term.  The fact someone like Trump beat her pretty handily speaks volumes about just how lousy she was. 
Does it? because he beat his 16 republican rivals by even  wider margins.

The fact that someone like Trump beat her speaks volumes about just how much the email leaks influenced the election.

Waiting for your explanation of how this conspiracy was supposed to work.  What are the "seedy ties" to Russia and how did they dictate the outcome of this election?  And for what purpose?   

I'll repeat what I asked before:When people investigate suspicious issues/activities, why do you think they do it? Do you think it is because they have all of the answers before the investigation and the investigation is just for fun? Or do you think it is to gain a level of clarity on seedy activity?

I have no idea.
You have no idea why  Flynn would lie, but you're 100% there was nothing more to it, though? Because if there was, all of the facts would be apparent BEFORE any investigation?  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: February 20, 2017, 03:40:20 PM »
That was never the question, though. When you say this:Do you believe that Trump is actually a Manchurian candidate? If not, then you are using sarcasm to mock something.

Do you get it now? Or are you still having trouble?  :-\
Does it? because he beat his 16 republican rivals by even  wider margins.

The fact that someone like Trump beat her speaks volumes about just how much the email leaks influenced the election.

I'll repeat what I asked before:When people investigate suspicious issues/activities, why do you think they do it? Do you think it is because they have all of the answers before the investigation and the investigation is just for fun? Or do you think it is to gain a level of clarity on seedy activity?
You have no idea why  Flynn would lie, but you're 100% there was nothing more to it, though? Because if there was, all of the facts would be apparent BEFORE any investigation?  ::)

I was not being sarcastic when I mentioned Manchurian Candidate, because I think you people suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome might actually believe it.  So, my comment was semi-serious, not really sarcastic, but definitely mocking.  That might be too nuanced for you.  But it's ok.  Keep trying.   :)

The GOP field got more than twice as many votes as Trump.  He benefited from a large field, fractured support among his rivals, infighting, and the fact Hillary was horrible. 

What was it in those leaked emails that influenced the election?  Hillary calling for open borders?  Her saying she has a public and private position?  CNN giving debate questions to Hillary?  The condescending comments about minorities? 

I see.  You don't want to explain how this wacky conspiracy theory works.  Maybe you realize how friggin stupid it is?  Or have you not actually thought it through?  Don't be scared.  Just say it.  Spell it out. 

What the heck does Flynn misrepresenting facts have to do with the price of tea in China?  Is that part of your kooky conspiracy theory?  Explain it. 

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #117 on: February 20, 2017, 04:10:54 PM »
I was not being sarcastic when I mentioned Manchurian Candidate, because I think you people suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome might actually believe it.  So, my comment was semi-serious, not really sarcastic, but definitely mocking.  That might be too nuanced for you.  But it's ok.  Keep trying.   :)

Too nuanced? LOL.  It's pretty transparent in the fact that it's drivel. Your patented blend of willful ignorance, circular logic and blatant diversion could never be mistaken for nuance. So, let's see what the takeaway from this exchange was: you don't understand what "sarcasm" means, you don't understand what "influence" means, you don't understand the purpose of investigating something, you don't understand why a Trump administration official being fired for lying about contact with Russia would be related to the imaginary bi-partisan investigation into ties with Russia that I apparently made up.  ::)  If your goal was to be so reductive that I stopped engaging with you, then congats! You've reached the bottom of the political discourse barrel. It seems like you manage to understand less and less about the world with every thread you post in.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2017, 04:14:44 PM »

Too nuanced? LOL.  It's pretty transparent in the fact that it's drivel. Your patented blend of willful ignorance, circular logic and blatant diversion could never be mistaken for nuance. So, let's see what the takeaway from this exchange was: you don't understand what "sarcasm" means, you don't understand what "influence" means, you don't understand the purpose of investigating something, you don't understand why a Trump administration official being fired for lying about contact with Russia would be related to the imaginary bi-partisan investigation into ties with Russia that I apparently made up.  ::)  If your goal was to be so reductive that I stopped engaging with you, then congats! You've reached the bottom of the political discourse barrel. It seems like you manage to understand less and less about the world with every thread you post in.

lol.  This is really funny.  But I get it.  You are too embarrassed to spell out your stupid conspiracy theory.  You will just be the good little hack and continue using your meaningless "seedy ties to Russia" buzz words.  Pretty desperate times for you folks.  You just cannot come to grips with the fact that the majority of the country doesn't accept your twisted world view.  

But anytime you want to spell out that asinine Russia theory, the pages of the board will be waiting.  

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #119 on: February 20, 2017, 04:18:32 PM »

Too nuanced? LOL.  It's pretty transparent in the fact that it's drivel. Your patented blend of willful ignorance, circular logic and blatant diversion could never be mistaken for nuance. So, let's see what the takeaway from this exchange was: you don't understand what "sarcasm" means, you don't understand what "influence" means, you don't understand the purpose of investigating something, you don't understand why a Trump administration official being fired for lying about contact with Russia would be related to the imaginary bi-partisan investigation into ties with Russia that I apparently made up.  ::)  If your goal was to be so reductive that I stopped engaging with you, then congats! You've reached the bottom of the political discourse barrel. It seems like you manage to understand less and less about the world with every thread you post in.

What does it mean in this case, though?  Any explanation?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #120 on: February 23, 2017, 12:19:47 PM »
GOP senator says she’s open to demanding Trump’s tax returns as part of Russia probe

A Republican member of the Senate Intelligence Committee says she is open to requesting President Trump’s tax returns as part of the panel’s ongoing investigation into Russia’s alleged meddling in the 2016 elections.

Sen. Susan Collins of Maine said on a local radio program Wednesday that “many of the members” of the intelligence panel will formally request that ousted national security adviser Michael Flynn testify before the committee.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2017/02/22/gop-senator-says-shes-open-to-demanding-trumps-tax-returns-as-part-of-russia-probe/?utm_term=.bc4760f90a0f

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #121 on: February 23, 2017, 12:22:36 PM »
Trump's Russia problem dogs Republicans at town halls

Some Republicans sought to seize on the issue as a rare opportunity to find a bit of common ground with critics, who have been haranguing them to take a tougher line against Trump and his policies.

"Our legal authorities should investigate and follow the rule of law wherever it leads," said Rep. Dave Brat (R-Va.), earning cheers from an otherwise hostile audience in sleepy Blackstone, Virginia, on Tuesday.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-russia-congress-town-halls-235262

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: February 24, 2017, 05:25:11 AM »
What does it mean in this case, though?  Any explanation?

There is no meaning. Their fantasy doesn't match the reality.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #123 on: February 24, 2017, 03:55:23 PM »
There is no meaning. Their fantasy doesn't match the reality.

IDK.  But of all the ppl I'm familiar with who'd like to believe it, not a single one knows.

To say that "influence" took place... well, that's something which requires explanation if it's to be used in an accusatory way.  Because without an explanation, there's no way to say whether it exists.  And that's a big problem.

Really irresponsible reporting along these lines IMHO and some of these guys should know better.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: February 24, 2017, 05:00:39 PM »
IDK.  But of all the ppl I'm familiar with who'd like to believe it, not a single one knows.

To say that "influence" took place... well, that's something which requires explanation if it's to be used in an accusatory way.  Because without an explanation, there's no way to say whether it exists.  And that's a big problem.

Really irresponsible reporting along these lines IMHO and some of these guys should know better.

They do know better and they do know exactly what they are doing. That's the problem. These "reports" the at are based on anonymous sources and "unnamed senior officials who say they are familiar with the matter...." To strike at the admin aren't done by accident or on account of journalistic crusading.