Author Topic: In Like Flynn  (Read 50390 times)

tom joad

• Getbig V
Re: In Like Flynn
« Reply #125 on: December 01, 2017, 07:56:27 AM »
ya gotta love the Flynnster!

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: December 01, 2017, 08:50:51 AM »
as Flynn left the courthouse today, why were people chanting: "LOCK...HIM...UP!"   ???

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: December 01, 2017, 09:01:43 AM »
as Flynn left the courthouse today, why were people chanting: "LOCK...HIM...UP!"   ???

He's a thug, criminal, traitor, animal, etc

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: December 01, 2017, 09:06:30 AM »
He's a thug, criminal, traitor, animal, etc

but Trump told Comey that "He (Flynn) is a good guy.  I hope you can let this go."

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #129 on: December 01, 2017, 09:54:58 AM »
ya gotta love the Flynnster!

Where are your posts on Clinton?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #130 on: December 01, 2017, 10:38:43 AM »
Everyone keep in mind that prosecutors still have the option of pulling his plea agreement and bringing further charges against him

Here is Flynn's statement in court today

“After over 33 years of military service to our country, including nearly five years in combat away from my family, and then my decision to continue to serve the United States, it has been extraordinarily painful to endure these many months of false accusations of ‘treason’ and other outrageous acts. Such false accusations are contrary to everything I have ever done and stood for. But I recognize that the actions I acknowledged in court today were wrong, and, through my faith in God, I am working to set things right. My guilty plea and agreement to cooperate with the Special Counsel’s Office reflects a decision I made in the best interests of my family and of our country. I accept full responsibility for my actions.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: December 01, 2017, 10:41:52 AM »

Whoever is a convicted felon should be punished accordingly.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: December 01, 2017, 10:54:15 AM »

classic "whataboutism"

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #133 on: December 01, 2017, 11:10:25 AM »

Everything President Trump’s former national security adviser Michael Flynn discussed last December with the Russian ambassador to the U.S. — everything that led to his dramatic guilty plea and cooperation agreement Friday with special counsel Robert Mueller — he did with the involvement of the presidential transition team.

That’s the story told in the most important document Mueller released on a Friday that could have intensified the president’s own legal liability: Flynn’s stipulation of the facts underlying his December 2016 conversations with then-Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak. At least one of those two conversations Flynn undertook at the direction of a “very senior” transition official, the stipulation says.

The documents do not say who directed Flynn to discuss sanctions with Kislyak — a conversation Flynn later reportedly lied about to Vice President Mike Pence, a lie that was the stated reason that Trump fired Flynn in February. But Flynn’s statement, following his Friday guilty plea and agreement to cooperate with Mueller’s probe, shows that the transition team, at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort, was informed at every stage of his discussions with Kislyak.

And that itself raises new questions about what Pence, who ran the presidential transition and publicly affirmed that Flynn never talked to Kislyak about Russia sanctions, actually knew.
[/b]

But, according to a former Justice Department official, that “very senior” official named by Mueller is probably in substantial legal jeopardy.  If the “very senior” official lied to Mueller’s team about directing Flynn to reach out to the Russians, then Flynn would be poised to testify about that lie.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/very-senior-trump-official-authorized-flynns-russia-outreach

tom joad

• Getbig V

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: December 01, 2017, 11:30:26 AM »
Wheres dos or poly :D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #136 on: December 01, 2017, 11:37:41 AM »
Flynn licking his chops as Pence is shitting bricks.

I wonder if Flynn is pissed he got fired for the phony claim about lying to Pence

Flynn in saying that every contact he had with Russia was at the direction of a senior official and a very senior official (two different people) and that's just what is being revealed to the public at this time

there are at least a few other serious charges that could have been filed against Flynn (and can still be filed if Mueller thinks Flynn is not fully cooperating)

I'm sure people around Trump realize that he will throw any of them under the bus to protect himself

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #137 on: December 01, 2017, 11:39:32 AM »
How is it collusion for a President-Elect or any of his team to talk to a foreign power?

The election is over at that point, and the conversations were about actions taken between the election and the inauguration.

Totally confused here.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #138 on: December 01, 2017, 12:02:37 PM »
How is it collusion for a President-Elect or any of his team to talk to a foreign power?

The election is over at that point, and the conversations were about actions taken between the election and the inauguration.

Totally confused here.

because they weren't yet in office and it could be  violation of the Logan Act

If there was nothing improper about it then why did he lie about it and why did other Trump transition team members potentially lie about it (i.e. contacts with Russia prior to taking office - when Obama was still POTUS)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: December 01, 2017, 12:06:08 PM »

Totally confused here.

I think it's not about merely having a conversation with a foreign power Special counsel Robert Mueller and several congressional panels are investigating the Trump campaign for allegedly colluding with Russia in its cyber attacks against the 2016 presidential race. If that isn't proven then it will go away. If it is proven then it may get pretty hot for the prez

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #140 on: December 01, 2017, 12:06:49 PM »

If there was nothing improper about it then why did he lie about it and why did other Trump transition team members potentially lie about it (i.e. contacts with Russia prior to taking office - when Obama was still POTUS)

Again - this has nothing to do w rigging the election, hillary emails, etc.  Its a non story - so he has his incomning national security guy set up a call - AND?  

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #141 on: December 01, 2017, 12:08:54 PM »

How could it be a violation of the Logan Act? That would infer that the POTUS elect and his transition team would not be authorized to negotiate with foreign governments and makes no sense. This is just Flynn trying to get some reduced charges\sentence. If you have some case law that you can site that disproves this please provide it, because I can guarantee you this in not the first time a POTUS elect has contact  foreign governments
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: December 01, 2017, 12:09:15 PM »
Again - this has nothing to do w rigging the election, hillary emails, etc.  Its a non story - so he has his incomning national security guy set up a call - AND?  

Right... and since this is the second indictment where the subjects pleaded guilty.. non story...  ::)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #143 on: December 01, 2017, 12:13:02 PM »
How could it be a violation of the Logan Act? That would infer that the POTUS elect and his transition team would not be authorized to negotiate with foreign governments and makes no sense. This is just Flynn trying to get some reduced charges\sentence. If you have some case law that you can site that disproves this please provide it, because I can guarantee you this in not the first time a POTUS elect has contact  foreign governments

that is correct
they are not empowered to negotiate with foreign governments until they are sworn into office

the more interesting question is why he lied about it and if in fact he is being truthful that he was working in coordination with a senior official and a very senior official in the Trump transition then if those people lied they are fucked too.

also, I never said this indicates "collusion" in regards to swinging the election

the special counsel can go after whatever crimes he discovers in the course of his investigation and if these people choose to cooperate it may well lead to even more crimes

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #144 on: December 01, 2017, 12:28:12 PM »

This is where the "seedy ties with Russia" come in. There's a lot still up in the air, but as far back as the beginning of the year, we knew that trump administration officials had behaved illegally. In the simplest terms, Flynn is being charged with lying.But one train of logic goes like this:

1)The gov't believes there is evidence that this foreign power illegally hacked into one candidate's email, which ended up being a major factor in the presidential election.

2) You have an administration willing to negotiate with a foreign power during a prohibited period, which suggests pre-existing contact.
The administration lies about prohibited negotiations, which further supports the theory of pre-existing contact.

3) The question becomes how much pre-existing contact was there and did that contact play a part in the hacking? Was there knowledge or coordination beforehand? If so this is very serious- administration contacts committed a crime to sway the election and then began favorable negotiations during a prohibited time frame.

lilhawk1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #145 on: December 01, 2017, 12:31:34 PM »

You're not serious are you?  If so, wow.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #146 on: December 01, 2017, 12:41:43 PM »
Right... and since this is the second indictment where the subjects pleaded guilty.. non story...  ::)

It’s a non story because this investigation is about fake news Trump/Russia collusion

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #147 on: December 01, 2017, 12:44:08 PM »
It’s a non story because this investigation is about fake news Trump/Russia collusion

keep telling yourself that

heck, tell yourself that Flynn didn't actually plead guilty today and isn't cooperating with Mueller

It's all fake news

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #148 on: December 01, 2017, 12:49:17 PM »

But how did this affect the election?
a

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #149 on: December 01, 2017, 12:51:09 PM »
If he broke the law he should be held accountable.  And someone in his position, with his background, should be held to a higher standard IMO.