Author Topic: In Like Flynn  (Read 50663 times)

LittleJ

• Getbig V
Re: In Like Flynn
« Reply #175 on: December 02, 2017, 12:16:12 PM »
You, Strawman and me in a bar having a beer without google. Who wins the debate with $1000 on the table?

A toddler has more brains than you

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #176 on: December 02, 2017, 01:58:03 PM »
I'm not American but I have family members who are Americans, and so I have to look out for my family just like General Flynn does.

By constantly criticising Conservatives on a bodybuilding website? How brave... I'm sure your "family" is proud.

Fuck off
a

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #177 on: December 02, 2017, 02:34:45 PM »
By constantly criticising Conservatives on a bodybuilding website? How brave... I'm sure your "family" is proud.

Fuck off

I like conservatives and respect anybody who can argue their point persuasively.
But a board that is overrepresented with Trump nuthuggers is a tad boring, no?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #178 on: December 02, 2017, 02:59:08 PM »
ABC News statement on Michael Flynn report
By ABCNews
Dec 2, 2017, 5:40 PM ET
We deeply regret and apologize for the serious error we made yesterday. The reporting conveyed by Brian Ross during the special report had not been fully vetted through our editorial standards process. As a result of our continued reporting over the next several hours ultimately we determined the information was wrong and we corrected the mistake on air and online.

It is vital we get the story right and retain the trust we have built with our audience –- these are our core principles. We fell far short of that yesterday. Effective immediately, Brian Ross will be suspended for four weeks without pay.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #179 on: December 02, 2017, 03:38:00 PM »
Trump tweeted today: "I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the VP and the FBI."

So Donald knew that Flynn lied to the FBI when he fired him, and subsequently asked Comey to go easy on Flynn?

haha keep the tweets comin'.

Trump knew Flynn was being investigated by the FBI when he hired him

Obama warned Trump not to hire Flynn

Sally Yates warned Trump not to hire Flynn

But Trump has a "very good brain and has said a lot of things" so he didn't feel the need to listen to people trying to give him advice for his own good

The really interesting question is WHY Flynn lied

He is certainly smart enough to know that lying to the FBI is a crime so he must have thought that was the lesser issue than whatever it was he was trying to conceal

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #180 on: December 02, 2017, 03:45:31 PM »

He is certainly smart enough to know that lying to the FBI is a crime so he must have thought that was the lesser issue than whatever it was he was trying to conceal

Not when Hillary Clinton does it. This is obviously an agency that’s in need of a complete overall.

You only have to listen to the first minute of this:

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #181 on: December 02, 2017, 03:48:49 PM »
Not when Hillary Clinton does it. This is obviously an agency that’s in need of a complete overall:

didn't watch

tell me what point in the video that the FBI says that Hillary lied and I'll watch that

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #182 on: December 02, 2017, 03:49:56 PM »
didn't watch

tell me what point in the video that the FBI says that Hillary lied and I'll watch that

Just Watch the first minute that’s all you need to watch.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #183 on: December 02, 2017, 03:56:05 PM »
Just Watch the first minute that’s all you need to watch.

the only person talking in the first minute is Trey Gowdy

does he work for the FBI ?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #184 on: December 02, 2017, 04:26:07 PM »
I apologize. I forgot one of the characteristics of the liberalism mental disorder is cognitive dissonance. My bad.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #185 on: December 02, 2017, 04:31:39 PM »

This is obviously an agency that’s in need of a complete overall.

Mueller Removed Top Agent in Russia Inquiry Over Possible Anti-Trump Texts - NYTimes.com

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/02/us/politics/mueller-removed-top-fbi-agent-over-possible-anti-trump-texts.html

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #186 on: December 02, 2017, 04:50:38 PM »
I apologize. I forgot one of the characteristics of the liberalism mental disorder is cognitive dissonance. My bad.

I asked you a specific question which you did not answer
Just watched the entire video.

Why didn't Gowdy ask the specific question as to why she was charged with lying to the FBI?

Do you have any video of Gowdy questioning Hillary?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #187 on: December 02, 2017, 04:54:54 PM »
I asked you a specific question which you did not answer
Just watched the entire video.

Why didn't Gowdy ask the specific question as to why she was charged with lying to the FBI?

Do you have any video of Gowdy questioning Hillary?

Please, just stop it. Gowdy is questioning the former head of the FBI who is describing false statements that Hillary made during the investigation. Have just a gram of intellectual honesty and admit there’s a double standard here. Either you indict both Flynn and Hillary or neither of them.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #188 on: December 02, 2017, 05:05:01 PM »
Please, just stop it. Gowdy is questioning the former head of the FBI who is describing false statements that Hillary made during the investigation. Have just a gram of intellectual honesty and admit there’s a double standard here. Either you indict both Flynn and Hillary or neither of them.

Was Comey ever asked if Clinton lied to the FBI?
If so, what did he say?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #189 on: December 04, 2017, 09:07:19 AM »

True.  That's why Comey pursued neither of them. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: December 04, 2017, 09:18:01 AM »
What the Flynn Plea Means
by ANDREW C. MCCARTHY   December 1, 2017

There’s less to the news than meets the eye.

Former Trump-administration national-security adviser Michael Flynn is expected to plead guilty today to lying to the FBI regarding his conversations with Russia’s ambassador to the United States.

Flynn, who is reportedly cooperating with the investigation of special counsel Robert Mueller, is pleading guilty in federal district court in Washington, D.C., to a one-count criminal information (which is filed by a prosecutor in cases when a defendant waives his right to be indicted by a grand jury).

The false-statement charge, brought under Section 1001 of the federal penal code, stems from Flynn’s conversation on December 29, 2016, with Russian ambassador Sergei Kislyak. At the time, Flynn was slated to become the national-security adviser to President-elect Donald Trump. The conversation occurred on the same day that then-president Barack Obama announced sanctions against Russia for its interference in the 2016 election. It is believed to have been recorded by the FBI because Kislyak, as an agent of a foreign power, was subject to monitoring under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA).

Mueller has charged Flynn with falsely telling FBI agents that he did not ask the ambassador “to refrain from escalating the situation” in response to the sanctions. In being questioned by the agents on January 24, 2017, Flynn also lied when he claimed he could not recall a subsequent conversation with Kislyak, in which the ambassador told Flynn that the Putin regime had “chosen to moderate its response to those sanctions as a result of [Flynn’s] request.”

Furthermore, a week before the sanctions were imposed, Flynn had also spoken to Kislyak, asking the ambassador to delay or defeat a vote on a pending United Nations resolution. The criminal information charges that Flynn lied to the FBI by denying both that he’d made this request and that he’d spoken afterward with Kislyak about Russia’s response to it.

Thus, in all, four lies are specified in the one count. The potential sentence is zero to five years’ imprisonment. Assuming Flynn cooperates fully with Mueller’s investigators, there will be little, if any, jail time.

Obviously, it was wrong of Flynn to give the FBI false information; he could, after all, have simply refused to speak with the agents in the first place. That said, as I argued early this year, it remains unclear why the Obama Justice Department chose to investigate Flynn. There was nothing wrong with the incoming national-security adviser’s having meetings with foreign counterparts or discussing such matters as the sanctions in those meetings. Plus, if the FBI had FISA recordings of Flynn’s conversations with Kislyak, there was no need to ask Flynn what the conversations entailed.

Flynn, an early backer of Donald Trump and a fierce critic of Obama’s national-security policies, was generally despised by Obama administration officials. Hence, there has always been cynical suspicion that the decision to interview him was driven by the expectation that he would provide the FBI with an account inconsistent with the recorded conversation — i.e., that Flynn was being set up for prosecution on a process crime.

While initial reporting is portraying Flynn’s guilty plea as a major breakthrough in Mueller’s investigation of potential Trump campaign collusion with the Russian regime, I suspect the opposite is true.

While initial reporting is portraying Flynn’s guilty plea as a major breakthrough in Mueller’s investigation of potential Trump-campaign collusion with the Russian regime, I suspect the opposite is true. Speculation that Flynn is now cooperating in Mueller’s investigation stirred in recent days due to reports that Flynn had pulled out of a joint defense agreement (or “common interest” arrangement) to share information with other subjects of the investigation. As an ethical matter, it is inappropriate for an attorney whose client is cooperating with the government (or having negotiations toward that end) to continue strategizing with, and having quasi-privileged communications with, other subjects of the investigation and their counsel.

Nevertheless, as I explained in connection with George Papadopoulos (who also pled guilty in Mueller’s investigation for lying to the FBI), when a prosecutor has a cooperator who was an accomplice in a major criminal scheme, the cooperator is made to plead guilty to the scheme. This is critical because it proves the existence of the scheme. In his guilty-plea allocution (the part of a plea proceeding in which the defendant admits what he did that makes him guilty), the accomplice explains the scheme and the actions taken by himself and his co-conspirators to carry it out. This goes a long way toward proving the case against all of the subjects of the investigation.

That is not happening in Flynn’s situation. Instead, like Papadopoulos, he is being permitted to plead guilty to a mere process crime. A breaking report from ABC News indicates that Flynn is prepared to testify that Trump directed him to make contact with the Russians — initially to lay the groundwork for mutual efforts against ISIS in Syria. That, however, is exactly the sort of thing the incoming national-security adviser is supposed to do in a transition phase between administrations. If it were part of the basis for a “collusion” case arising out of Russia’s election meddling, then Flynn would not be pleading guilty to a process crime — he’d be pleading guilty to an espionage conspiracy.

Understand: If Flynn’s conversations with the Russian ambassador had evinced the existence of a quid pro quo collusion arrangement — that the Trump administration would ease or eliminate sanctions on Russia as a payback for Russia’s cyber-espionage against the Hillary Clinton campaign and the Democratic party — it would have been completely appropriate, even urgently necessary, for the Obama Justice Department to investigate Flynn. But if that had happened, Mueller would not be permitting Flynn to settle the case with a single count of lying to FBI agents. Instead, we would be looking at a major conspiracy indictment, and Flynn would be made to plead to far more serious offenses if he wanted a deal — cooperation in exchange for sentencing leniency.

To the contrary, for all the furor, we have a small-potatoes plea in Flynn’s case — just as we did in Papadopoulos’s case, despite extensive “collusion” evidence. Meanwhile, the only major case Mueller has brought, against former Trump-campaign chairman Paul Manafort and an associate, has nothing to do with the 2016 election. It is becoming increasingly palpable that, whatever “collusion” means, there was no actionable, conspiratorial complicity by the Trump campaign in the Kremlin’s machinations.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/454269/michael-flynn-plea-no-breakthrough-russia-investigation

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: December 04, 2017, 11:49:40 AM »
well, the goal posts keep moving... we'll just have to wait and see what comes of it. Hard to figure it out listening to either side at this point.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: December 04, 2017, 02:40:06 PM »
well, the goal posts keep moving... we'll just have to wait and see what comes of it. Hard to figure it out listening to either side at this point.

Not really.  No one has been accused of, charged with, or convicted of anything related to alleged collusion with Russia to elect Trump so he could become a Russian puppet.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: December 04, 2017, 02:51:58 PM »
Not really.  No one has been accused of, charged with, or convicted of anything related to alleged collusion with Russia to elect Trump so he could become a Russian puppet.
"But he's obstructing our made up story! Impeach!"

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: December 04, 2017, 02:53:23 PM »
"But he's obstructing our made up story! Impeach!"

Yep.  One of the biggest farces I've ever seen. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: December 04, 2017, 04:14:08 PM »

yet

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: December 05, 2017, 02:59:11 PM »
yet

And we haven't colonized Mars, yet. 

What evidence have you seen that proves this goofy conspiracy theory? 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: December 05, 2017, 03:46:37 PM »
And we haven't colonized Mars, yet. 

What evidence have you seen that proves this goofy conspiracy theory? 

Well, they won't let me talk to the witnesses and suspects but your question is faulty. I've never said it's been proven. All I've said is let the investigation run its course. With Flynn cooperating there is reason to believe there might yet be some information revealed that could be relevant. 

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: December 05, 2017, 06:29:58 PM »
Well, they won't let me talk to the witnesses and suspects but your question is faulty. I've never said it's been proven. All I've said is let the investigation run its course. With Flynn cooperating there is reason to believe there might yet be some information revealed that could be relevant. 
Isn't the investigation faulty if it was based on nothing to get it running to begin with? Seems backwards to investigate that way. They haven't even shown an example/potential issue of a starting premise.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: December 05, 2017, 06:57:42 PM »
Isn't the investigation faulty if it was based on nothing to get it running to begin with? Seems backwards to investigate that way. They haven't even shown an example/potential issue of a starting premise.

yes it would be if it was. apparently there was enough information to appoint a special counsel to investigate. Now the hard part.. letting that investigation run its course... It's not like no one has been indicted and found guilty of something so far... so grab some popcorn and let the chips fall where they may