Author Topic: Beginning of the end , or just a rough patch for team Trump?  (Read 3193 times)

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
Re: Beginning of the end , or just a rough patch for team Trump?
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2017, 02:25:40 PM »
His seemingly desire to pass the buck and blame everyone else for any little issue that comes along.

If he is having this type of problem now, what happens when the shit really hits the fan?

It's the media that makes policy now?

What blame should he be taking? I'm just curious.

In the media firestorm he's currently under, if you give them an inch they will do their best to hang you. If he takes blame for anything, they will broadcast that "failure" to no end.

And in terms of the "I inherited" quote, I thought he did a good job highlighting all the mess that we are in as a nation. He even said some of it goes back before Obama. It's a bit of a double standard for the media to get upset because we all can remember the "previous administration" comments from Obama (well FOXNews got upset about that, but that's FOXNews)
a

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2017, 02:34:57 PM »
His seemingly desire to pass the buck and blame everyone else for any little issue that comes along.

If he is having this type of problem now, what happens when the shit really hits the fan?

It's the media that makes policy now?
Care to give an example?

Trump has been in office less than a month. So Obama's mess is still lingering and will for a long time. I think the biggest failure of the Obama administration was the worsening race relations. That by far has been the biggest fuck up. And Obama stoked it with his comments and the actions of Holder etc. Obamacare is almost just as big a fuck up. Trump had nothing to do with these failures. It is now left to him to try and bring people together which will be tough considering the left is still in the divisive Obama mode.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2017, 02:37:26 PM »
What blame should he be taking? I'm just curious.

In the media firestorm he's currently under, if you give them an inch they will do their best to hang you. If he takes blame for anything, they will broadcast that "failure" to no end.

And in terms of the "I inherited" quote, I thought he did a good job highlighting all the mess that we are in as a nation. He even said some of it goes back before Obama. It's a bit of a double standard for the media to get upset because we all can remember the "previous administration" comments from Obama (well FOXNews got upset about that, but that's FOXNews)

Well. Reports are that he knew about conversations with Russia and didn't tell his VP.

Should we not also take him to task on certain untruths he's said as well? Like lying about the murder rate in the country among other things.

Like I said. I want him to succeed. His success is our success and the success of the nation and sure I understand that the media isn't being extremely kind to him, but maybe, just maybe he should focus on things that will help the nation?

The pipeline order? 3500 temp jobs. 32 permanent ones.

The nation's issues are not black and white where if you do X then Y will occur, the fundamental blocks of the nation and in turn, the world are much more complex.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2017, 02:38:58 PM »
Care to give an example?

Trump has been in office less than a month. So Obama's mess is still lingering and will for a long time. I think the biggest failure of the Obama administration was the worsening race relations. That by far has been the biggest fuck up. And Obama stoked it with his comments and the actions of Holder etc. Obamacare is almost just as big a fuck up. Trump had nothing to do with these failures. It is now left to him to try and bring people together which will be tough considering the left is still in the divisive Obama mode.

No argument about Obama doing harm to race relations.

Many times he should have just stay quiet. Instead he got loud and caused problems.

That said, the race issue isn't just on Obama. It's on a lot of people. On both sides.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2017, 02:42:21 PM »
Well. Reports are that he knew about conversations with Russia and didn't tell his VP.

Should we not also take him to task on certain untruths he's said as well? Like lying about the murder rate in the country among other things.

Like I said. I want him to succeed. His success is our success and the success of the nation and sure I understand that the media isn't being extremely kind to him, but maybe, just maybe he should focus on things that will help the nation?

The pipeline order? 3500 temp jobs. 32 permanent ones.

The nation's issues are not black and white where if you do X then Y will occur, the fundamental blocks of the nation and in turn, the world are much more complex.

Do you know the exact conversation between Flynn and the Russians? Am I missing something here?

Yes, journalists should take him to task about the untruths he tells... much more than stating (and lying) that the intelligence community will refuse to give Trump information because they don't trust his Russian ties (WSJ). The intelligence officials came out and said that was blatantly false, but they printed it anyway.

We are in agreement that the media needs to change its TONE... damn... that sounds familiar, seems like I heard that at a recent news conference.
a

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2017, 02:47:31 PM »
Do you know the exact conversation between Flynn and the Russians? Am I missing something here?

Yes, journalists should take him to task about the untruths he tells... much more than stating (and lying) that the intelligence community will refuse to give Trump information because they don't trust his Russian ties (WSJ). The intelligence officials came out and said that was blatantly false, but they printed it anyway.

We are in agreement that the media needs to change its TONE... damn... that sounds familiar, seems like I heard that at a recent news conference.

I don't know the conversations but apparently Trump did. Then didn't tell his own VP what he knew.

Yes. The media does need to change, but so does he. The media is protected by the Constitution, rightly so, and it would behoove Trump to remember that.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2017, 02:53:27 PM »
Oh brother - Howard really?! After 1 month? There is no rough patch for Trump. Only hurdles put up by the left and the dishonest media. The immigration issue as an example. You can use this analogy. Trump built a brand new road and the left came and added a bunch of potholes. They created a rough patch - not Trump!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2017, 03:23:41 PM »
I have no problem him blasting Obama. He actually is waaay to magnanimous towards the guy since he became president. Someone has to as it wasn't pointed out clearly during his presidency except by few. However, the people spoke about his legacy in the voting booth but many got fooled.

He did inherit a mess. I have no great feelings for Bush or Obama, but Obama was absolutely awful. Obama is responsible for an extreme amount of the mess we are in. He took the mess before and blew it up 1000 fold.

I didn't hear everything in the news conference but heard a lot of it. I did hear him say that the mess was going on years before Obama at one point. Don't remember the exact circumstance on when he said that. May have been on inner city issues, but not sure.

Edit: I think I may get what you are saying now. The phrasing could sound a bit like he is making excuses if things don't go well so could have been phrased a bit better, but I still have no issue with him calling out someone who needs to be called out/got many passes from the media, etc.

I agree Obama was an unmitigated disaster as president.  But I think you do understand what I'm saying as indicated in your last paragraph.  It's really just about how bad this sounds.  He shouldn't in any way act like Obama and that includes not using that tired "Bush's fault" line. 

I think Trump has already shown he is a better leader than Obama by orders of magnitude.  Just looking at how he handled Flynn shows what a good leader should do.  He shouldn't water that down by sounding like a whiner. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2017, 03:27:10 PM »
I agree Obama was an unmitigated disaster as president.  But I think you do understand what I'm saying as indicated in your last paragraph.  It's really just about how bad this sounds.  He shouldn't in any way act like Obama and that includes not using that tired "Bush's fault" line. 

I think Trump has already shown he is a better leader than Obama by orders of magnitude.  Just looking at how he handled Flynn shows what a good leader should do.  He shouldn't water that down by sounding like a whiner. 

I somewhat disagree with the last part.

The media is incredibly unpopular.

Just like how the Von Erichs used to run The Fabulous Freebirds out of the wrestling ring to the delight of the crowd, Trump needs to attack the media at every chance possible. It's only smart politics.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2017, 03:28:39 PM »
I somewhat disagree with the last part.

The media is incredibly unpopular.

Just like how the Von Erichs used to run The Fabulous Freebirds out of the wrestling ring to the delight of the crowd, Trump needs to attack the media at every chance possible. It's only smart politics.

Sorry I wasn't clear.  I agree with him calling the media out.  I was talking about him saying he inherited a mess.  That's what makes him sound like a whiner. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2017, 04:00:13 PM »
any fool can fire
it takes skill to hire

Catchy, but you have to know who to fire, when to fire, and how to do it.  Same with hiring. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2017, 04:35:56 PM »
yes it is catchy but one might expect an experienced business man and  one with such skill as to win the US presidential election (supposedly the most testing democratic election in the western world) to be able to put and hold together a team fit for purpose and in this case the purpose is not a private corporation. besides isn't it a bit early in a presidential term to be defending ones record. And when done with blaming the nasty media (or the parts we don't like) can it be repeated incessantly?

He is doing an outstanding job of putting his team together. 

He is being defensive, because he is constantly being attacked.  He needs to stop, but that's just who he is, I imagine he'll keep doing it. 

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2017, 05:33:11 PM »
The OP is a cock burp.

So Kellyanne Conway stood in front of a microphone and told the truth, the liberal boycott of the clothing was petty, and lame.

Obama stood there and said he and Eric Holder were not involved in Operation Fast & Furious.

See the difference kiddies? Even a fat closet homo with a two year associates degree in physics could figure that out.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2017, 05:51:32 PM »
Anybody here remember ANY president under so much scrutiny by the press?

When Bush Jr. became the president he wanted to invade Iraq a second time come hell or high water, reason or not, justified or unjustified. He did, and not only that, he was helped tremendously by the press in succeeding to bring the case to the UN. Of course, Big Oil was behind the oil play.

Trump is a schmuck who isn't getting financed by any Big Anything, hence the media are having a field day. Trumps support is what folks on the left call "grassroots support".

Remember this?

This is ALL the CIA director and the Secretary of State took to the UN council to state their case. The US media's reaction the next day? "Slam Dunk Case". Shut the lights, close the door.