Author Topic: NEW YORK TIMES 'FIXES' HEADLINE  (Read 2470 times)

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
NEW YORK TIMES 'FIXES' HEADLINE
« on: March 09, 2017, 05:03:11 PM »

The New York Times has removed the word “wiretapped” from the headline of a pre-inauguration story on data being used by the federal government to investigate aides to President Donald Trump.

The stunning move comes after Trump charged his campaign headquarters was wiretapped by the federal government, drawing criticism from longtime federal employees and Democrats.

The Times changed its headline from “Wiretapped data used in inquiry of Trump aides” to “Intercepted Russian communications part of inquiry into Trump associates.” The text of the story still includes “wiretapped.”

WND reported Monday that establishment media, including the Times itself, had reported the Trump campaign was under federal surveillance.

On Jan. 19, just as Trump was preparing for his inauguration the next day, the Times revealed, “American law enforcement and intelligence agencies are examining intercepted communications and financial transactions as a part of a broad investigation into possible links between Russian officials and associates of President-elect Donald J. Trump.”

The report speculated whether the “intercepted communications had anything to do with Mr. Trump’s campaign, or Mr. Trump himself.”

The Times referred to intelligence reports that are “based on some of the wiretapped communications” and said they were provided to the White House, at the time still under Barack Obama.

http://www.wnd.com/2017/03/new-york-times-fixes-headline/
a

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
Re: NEW YORK TIMES 'FIXES' HEADLINE
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 05:20:38 PM »
Tell us something we don't already know.

I love it how people are now realizing how deep the media has been fucking us all in the ass!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 05:22:57 PM »
Another reason why I don't trust the media.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 05:44:39 PM »

The New York Times has removed the word “wiretapped” from the headline of a pre-inauguration story on data being used by the federal government to investigate aides to President Donald Trump.

The stunning move comes after Trump charged his campaign headquarters was wiretapped by the federal government, drawing criticism from longtime federal employees and Democrats.

!!Fake news alert!!
The online version of that headline always said "intercepted russian data".  The headlines in the hardcopy version are frequently shortened to save space. There was a reason that meme showed the print edition and not a screenshot of the online version. 

Skeeter

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 05:52:35 PM »

!!Fake news alert!!
The online version of that headline always said "intercepted russian data".  The headlines in the hardcopy version are frequently shortened to save space. There was a reason that meme showed the print edition and not a screenshot of the online version. 

End of thread. In a sane world, anyway.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 05:55:38 PM »

!!Fake news alert!!
The online version of that headline always said "intercepted russian data".  The headlines in the hardcopy version are frequently shortened to save space. There was a reason that meme showed the print edition and not a screenshot of the online version.  

Well that makes it all better, doesn't it... nothing to see here...

Thank you for correcting the record!

Do you have an archived link from back on Jan. 19th to prove your claim?

EDIT: Here is mine- http://newsdiffs.org/article-history/www.nytimes.com/2017/01/19/us/politics/trump-russia-associates-investigation.html

This would be the 3rd Unique title for the article... Strange.
a

Skeeter

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 06:06:17 PM »
Well that makes it all better, doesn't it... nothing to see here...

Thank you for correcting the record!

Do you have an archived link from back on Jan. 19th to prove your claim?

EDIT: Here is mine- http://newsdiffs.org/article-history/www.nytimes.com/2017/01/19/us/politics/trump-russia-associates-investigation.html

This would be the 3rd Unique title for the article... Strange.

This was already covered in another thread.

Intercepted Russian Communications Part of Inquiry Into Trump Associates
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/19/us/politics/trump-russia-associates-investigation.html?_r=0

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=627012.75

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 06:08:34 PM »
This was already covered in another thread.

Intercepted Russian Communications Part of Inquiry Into Trump Associates
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/19/us/politics/trump-russia-associates-investigation.html?_r=0

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=627012.75

I get that, but look at that Newsdiffs.org link. The articles Headline changed a few times.

I'm trying to find an archived link for the online article itself (on January 19th's online version), but it is not easy..

EDIT: this is the earliest archive I could find. January 20th.

http://archive.is/G0CQ9

a

Skeeter

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2017, 06:14:28 PM »
I get that, but look at that Newsdiffs.org link. The articles Headline changed a few times.

I'm trying to find an archived link for the online article itself (on January 19th's online version), but it is not easy..

EDIT: this is the earliest archive I could find. January 20th.

http://archive.is/G0CQ9

I'm comfortable with the explanation that the online version could have a longer headline given the space requirements for print. Given the unproven statement by Trump about Obama wiretapping his home, giving the article a more detailed headline wouldn't be a bad thing anyway. It's not like the body of the article changed.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2017, 06:17:33 PM »
I'm comfortable with the explanation that the online version could have a longer headline given the space requirements for print. Given the unproven statement by Trump about Obama wiretapping his home, giving the article a more detailed headline wouldn't be a bad thing anyway. It's not like the body of the article changed.

Yes... It would make no sense to publish an article on the 19th with the supposed "wiretap" headline and change it to what it currently is on the 20th....

Al dog is right.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/445649/mccarthy-error-apologize-nyt-headline-not-changed

a

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2017, 10:47:14 PM »
How do you intercept communications without tapping into it??

LMAO!

It is basically the same thing.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2017, 10:54:14 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_tapping

Telephone tapping
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Wiretap" redirects here. For the radio program, see WireTap (radio program).
For the method of making telephone calls by depressing the hook switch, see Pulse dialing § Tapping.

Telephone tapping (also wire tapping or wiretapping in American English) is the monitoring of telephone and Internet conversations by a third party, often by covert means. The wire tap received its name because, historically, the monitoring connection was an actual electrical tap on the telephone line. Legal wiretapping by a government agency is also called lawful interception. Passive wiretapping monitors or records the traffic, while active wiretapping alters or otherwise affects it.[1][2]

Skeeter

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2017, 05:01:28 AM »

LMAO!

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2017, 07:12:22 AM »

LMAO!

Modern day Democrat Party and their supporters = a bunch of cartoon characters at this point.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2017, 07:13:18 PM »
To all the skeptics... try to find the "Slam Dunk!" front page of the NYT from the time when Tenet + Powell were beating the war drums with only a fucking drawing of a truck.

Better yet, try to find the article in the New York Times that talks about the economic and social impact of the sanctions on the population of Iraq. The one in which the NYT writer talks about the fact that many people are going to die needlessly, especially children.

The left-wing media is just as blood thirsty as their conservative counterparts. At least the Fox News-type cut right to the chase and let you know an ass whoopin' is on its way.

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2017, 01:53:59 AM »
Modern day Democrat Party and their supporters = a bunch of cartoon characters at this point.

It's like arguing with a wall..guy at work said Russians hacked Hillary emails..yet he says wikilinks emails of hillary published is fake..i just shrug it off now at this point..
real men= no rubbers

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2017, 07:00:54 AM »
It's like arguing with a wall..guy at work said Russians hacked Hillary emails..yet he says wikilinks emails of hillary published is fake..i just shrug it off now at this point...

Many of whom can't even articulate what it is they dislike about Trump's measures, beyond the superficial stuff that is.

They don't like the idea of Obamacare being undone, yet they love the idea of their health insurance rate going down.

They don't like the idea of controlled immigration, yet they love the idea of not having to deal with constant bomb threats, long airport lines and probably better work conditions and higher salaries.

They don't like the Keystone pipeline, yet they love the $2 gallon/dirt cheap heating gas.

They don't like anything and take advantage of everything. To the consummate democrat, there is no connection between their actions and the outcomes. For example, take Obama: The asshole ran his universal health care campaign based on the fact that it was going to benefit many Americans and that the rates were not going to go up. Well, many protested, many expressed their disbelief that the rates WERE in fact going to go up, and that OTHER Americans were in fact going to be handed the bill. Many are of the belief that Obama and his advisory panels were ill-informed. I am of the belief that THEY KNEW the rates were going to go up, that OTHER Americans were going to pay for it and that they PURPOSELY kept it a secret so as to be able to pass the bill.

Their concerns are as fake and superficial as their willingness to put an upmth of effort into any endeavor.