Author Topic: Bringing up a weak bodypart?  (Read 5840 times)

Rickyboy

• Getbig II
Bringing up a weak bodypart?
« on: March 15, 2017, 12:24:54 AM »
I really want to get my back wider and more detailed over the coming months.....I train four times a week. Is there anything specific you do to do this...train it twice a week? More volume?

cindybaby

Re: Bringing up a weak bodypart?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 03:38:26 AM »
Maybe less volume? Not that back is my strong point but i found less was better and more recovery time. My legs and Buns are my strong bodyparts, my biceps are not too bad either! Girl power!

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 09:00:57 AM »
You need to contract your lats, when you feel what your doing it makes a huge difference...

Rickyboy

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 03:13:19 PM »
Ithink your right....something I haven't been doing enough....

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 05:54:18 PM »
A lot will depend on body type and generally if the upper body/shoulder width  is naturally wide, than wide sweeping lats usually follow.  With a narrow, or even moderate body frame, a  impressive wide sweep can be hard to obtain, but not impossible.. There are natural limits to any muscle size. n Also having natural wide or high lat inserts make a lot of difference.

Might suggest stretching with DB pullovers, either straight arm or the bent arm version. Don't need to go heavy, just work for the stretch and even trying to hold that stretch position at first. Advance the weight when needed, most can become very strong in pullover movements. If you have  chinning rings/handles that allows for gripping with the fingers facing the body (semi curl grip) along with a very wide , than try those. Hang at the bottom position, to let the lats feel a full stretch. A regular chinning bar can also produce results.

If your gym has a nautilus pullover machine or a cross over nautilus lat machine, than your in luck, though not many places have these on site. Probably one of the better back/lat building machines  around. If having only  regular pullover machine, than use them , with the full attention on the stretch at the start of a rep.  Even DL's, regular or SLDL's, with a higher rep range of 12-15, hit the lat's quite well for most guy's.

The best lat's I've seen, rather that through weight work, are on gymnast and rock climbers. Both do a lot of one arm training stretches and holds from the bottom position. Which can work well for BB'er's , either on a straight overhead bar or rings.

Might suggest twice a week on lat's  And within a higher rep range for BB'ers. Though PL'er develop massive lat's/backs through low rep work. Just have to see how the body response's.

Good Luck..
F

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 07:01:36 PM »
How about alternating back routines?

Routine #1 -Chins, Bent Rows, Deadlifts and Pullovers.  (minimal sets, heavy weight, 6-8 reps)
Routine #2 -Pulldowns, cable rows, hyperextensions, stiff arm pulldowns (few more sets, moderate weight, 10-12 reps)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2017, 11:20:51 PM »
I really want to get my back wider and more detailed over the coming months.....I train four times a week. Is there anything specific you do to do this...train it twice a week? More volume?

Hi Phil  :D

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 12:32:09 AM »
More frequency. Do like one heavy lat oriented session, one heavy trap oriented one and like a third more pump oriented/focused on feeling the muscle...
Usually lack of back is related to not being able to engage and feel the muscle.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 08:37:58 AM »
me personally i would put a pull up bar up in my house and then experiement with that daily or every other day for a few months and see what that does...
i have a feeling it could make quite a difference to ones lats over time.