Author Topic: Should Trump apologize...  (Read 7800 times)

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
Should Trump apologize...
« on: March 20, 2017, 02:15:45 PM »
...for his fictitious claim that the former president tapped Trump Tower?

We know he won't but should he?

Skeeter

Re: Should Trump apologize...
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 02:19:33 PM »

It's not his fault that Alex Jones told him it was true.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 02:28:33 PM »
I'm torn on this one...

I noticed during today's hearing (which was a dog and pony show btw) that both intelligence officials only acknowledged that there was no evidence provided of a "physical" wire tap (which are practically non-existent today); Then they proceeded to not answer any follow up questions from the panel due to it being an "ongoing investigation"...

I would have no problem with an apology, nor would I have an issue with no apology.

Comey did confirm that the Trump campaign was under investigation since July of 2016, and he also REFUSED to deny that he briefed President Obama on calls that Flynn made to Russia.

I'd be with you on Trump apologizing if they came out today and said that there was ZERO evidence of ANY form of surveillance of Trump but they didn't.

This is why we hate politicians; today was a waste of time and energy.

However, I did say I'd eat crow if March 20th rolled around and Trump did not provide any evidence of his claims... I will eat all the crow you guys want to throw at me.  
a

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 03:57:42 PM »
I don't recall seeing a denial for anything (and only just now, today) but for a physical tap.

No, that should tell you he doesn't owe an apology for anything ATM.  Let them give a full denial for all surveillance, first.

And he'd do well to look really fucking well to show a physical tap, because if they're unable to deny performing other types of surveillance (saying that it was engaged in, let's face it) then it means a physical tap DID take place and that it was done illegally,

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 03:59:17 PM »
If it's untrue then yes.  But where did the NYT get it's allegation that Obama twice applied for surveillance warrants for Trump and his people?  

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 04:03:56 PM »
I give Trump 1000x more room to move on this, than the Obama admin.

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 04:08:11 PM »
I give Trump 1000x more room to move on this, than the Obama admin.

Senate and House intelligence committees (bipartisan), FBI, National Security Agency and Department of Justice, all said there is no evidence to support the accusation that Obama spied on Trump during last year’s campaign.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 04:16:08 PM »
Senate and House intelligence committees (bipartisan), FBI, National Security Agency and Department of Justice, all said there is no evidence to support the accusation that Obama spied on Trump during last year’s campaign.

I haven't seen a denial.  Have you?

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2017, 04:18:44 PM »
During a House hearing on Monday, FBI Director James Comey disputed President Trump's claim that his predecessor "wiretapped" him during the presidential campaign.

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) joined Neil Cavuto this afternoon and argued that Trump's allegation is true, since there was surveillance on former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn, which was subsequently leaked to the press.

"Everybody admits that somebody spied on Mike Flynn, and he was part of the Trump campaign," Paul said. "It sounds like what the president said has already been proven to be true."

He said that the media is confused, because they think that wiretapping means placing an "old-fashioned bug" on someone's telephone.

"If you haven't looked recently, most of our telephones don't have wires," Paul said. "'Wiretapping' is a broad term for surveillance."

Cavuto said that surveilling Flynn is one thing, but he pressed Paul if Trump himself was tapped.

"I think 'wiretapping' to Donald Trump probably meant spying. And I think 'Donald Trump' or the 'campaign' also probably meant Mike Flynn," Paul said. "So I think really we're arguing circles around something that most people are admitting."

"Somebody was spying on the Trump campaign and ... Mike Flynn lost his job because of an illegal felony in which somebody released the results of spying on the Trump campaign."
a

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2017, 04:18:58 PM »
Let them give a denial to cover any doubt, and then we'll talk.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2017, 04:20:24 PM »
During a House hearing on Monday, FBI Director James Comey disputed President Trump's claim that his predecessor "wiretapped" him during the presidential campaign.

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) joined Neil Cavuto this afternoon and argued that Trump's allegation is true, since there was surveillance on former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn, which was subsequently leaked to the press.

"Everybody admits that somebody spied on Mike Flynn, and he was part of the Trump campaign," Paul said. "It sounds like what the president said has already been proven to be true."

He said that the media is confused, because they think that wiretapping means placing an "old-fashioned bug" on someone's telephone.

"If you haven't looked recently, most of our telephones don't have wires," Paul said. "'Wiretapping' is a broad term for surveillance."

Cavuto said that surveilling Flynn is one thing, but he pressed Paul if Trump himself was tapped.

"I think 'wiretapping' to Donald Trump probably meant spying. And I think 'Donald Trump' or the 'campaign' also probably meant Mike Flynn," Paul said. "So I think really we're arguing circles around something that most people are admitting."

"Somebody was spying on the Trump campaign and ... Mike Flynn lost his job because of an illegal felony in which somebody released the results of spying on the Trump campaign."

Trust me, "confused" isn't the word we're looking for.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2017, 04:21:28 PM »
Today we learned that Lynch herself had the power to 'unmask' NSA intercepts (ie, the 'wiretapping'), along with many other people in the FBI and WH.

Comey also said that "Obama did not order Trump wiretapped" --  "it is impossible for a president to unilaterally order a wiretap."  <----- (Word parsing)

We also learned (officially) that they opened an (espionage?) investigation into Trump in June. So was THAT requested by the WH, or by WJC on the plane with Lnych, or maybe McCabe in the FBI (acting on his 'own' - nothing to do with his promotion or campaign donation to his wife)?

Finally, the fact that there is STILL an open investigation may make it impossible for Trump himself to know the details of the warrants or origin of the case, since he is the subject. Can Comey simply keep it open for 4 years?
a

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2017, 04:25:25 PM »
Something's afoot, me mates.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2017, 04:42:49 PM »
Why don't we wait until all the facts come out.....if that's even possible because of the corrupt secretive Obama administration.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2017, 04:44:51 PM »

For what? Where did the leaks come from? Comey stonewalled the question. This is faaaaaaaar from over...

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2017, 05:08:07 PM »
For what? Where did the leaks come from? Comey stonewalled the question. This is faaaaaaaar from over...

You do know that this is an investigation into this administration's possible links to Russia right?

Comey's opening statement...

"Please don't draw any conclusions from the fact that I may not be able to comment on certain topics … We need to make sure we don’t give other people clues as to where we are going. We need to make sure we don't give information to our foreign adversaries about what we know or don't know. We just cannot do our work well or fairly if we start talking about it while we are doing it".

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2017, 05:14:47 PM »
You do know that this is an investigation into this administration's possible links to Russia right?

Comey's opening statement...

"Please don't draw any conclusions from the fact that I may not be able to comment on certain topics … We need to make sure we don’t give other people clues as to where we are going. We need to make sure we don't give information to our foreign adversaries about what we know or don't know. We just cannot do our work well or fairly if we start talking about it while we are doing it".

Yeah, i know what he said

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2017, 05:17:08 PM »

This is true. It's obvious with leaks, etc. that there was surveillance. Whether this will be "proven" or followed through with is another question. Let's not forget Hillary. Do we really think that they will take on a former president in today's culture/character of those still in charge (Comey)? I don't.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2017, 06:15:07 PM »
This is true. It's obvious with leaks, etc. that there was surveillance. Whether this will be "proven" or followed through with is another question. Let's not forget Hillary. Do we really think that they will take on a former president in today's culture/character of those still in charge (Comey)? I don't.

Right?! I want to hold out hope that something will come out off all of this, but that's just dumb of me... the people must demand justice, or take it into their own hands.

a

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2017, 06:21:12 PM »
Gowdy is The Man! He's an awesome dude!

Just wanted to clarify some things that Mr. Comey has said that are directly contradicted by the Snowden leaks: A FISA Court warrant or clearance is extremely easy for anyone in the intelligence community or high-ranking political person to get provided reasonable proof is given. From Snowden, the movie, we know that one of the characters says that, from what he knows, FISA Court has only denied requests on two occasions (out of probably tens or hundreds of thousands of requests). In the case of Trump, and due to the persistence of the Russian issue and even the attempted intelligence leaks which turned out to be false, ElectoHackGate provided the powers-that-be with that proof. The issue now is: WHEN did the FBI investigation start and who ordered the warrant to investigate Flynn. It's all a timing issue. If it turns out that the investigation started BEFORE the election, then that means the White House is involved. If it didn't, then we can rule out Barack Hussein.

Either way, this does not look good for anyone. That the FBI was waist-deep in an investigation of a potential POTUS candidate is no better or worse than Putin hacking his way into the DNC's emails.

BOTH are an interference of our political process, and BOTH are wrooooooong!

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2017, 06:25:05 PM »
Let's take a quick trip down memory lane; 2012, Stratfor E-mails (released by Wikileaks in part of the Global Intelligence Files; more info: https://wikileaks.org/the-gifiles.html)

https://wikileaks.org/gifiles/docs/12/1210665_obama-leak-investigations-internal-use-only-pls-do-not.html

Obama Leak Investigations (internal use only - pls do not forward)

Email-ID   1210665
Date   2010-09-21 21:38:37
From   burton@stratfor.com
To   secure@stratfor.com

Obama Leak Investigations (internal use only - pls do not forward)

Brennan is behind the witch hunts of investigative journalists learning
information from inside the beltway sources.

Note -- There is specific tasker from the WH to go after anyone printing
materials negative to the Obama agenda (oh my.) Even the FBI is
shocked. The Wonder Boys must be in meltdown mode...
a

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2017, 06:30:26 PM »
July was the month when the big donors, the DNC head honchos, Obama and many others started realizing that The People were changing their minds: There is a confluence of events that I suspect go beyond mere random coincidences. Hillary, out of the blue, started saying that if she were to get elected there would be an illegal alien amnesty within a month of her becoming the POTUS, the media turned VIOLENTLY against DT, and all these rumors about investigations started popping up here and there.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2017, 06:34:31 PM »
July was the month when the big donors, the DNC head honchos, Obama and many others started realizing that The People were changing their minds: There is a confluence of events that I suspect go beyond mere random coincidences. Hillary, out of the blue, started saying that if she were to get elected there would be an illegal alien amnesty within a month of her becoming the POTUS, the media turned VIOLENTLY against DT, and all these rumors about investigations started popping up here and there.

When did Bill Clinton/tarmac meeting occur? June 27.
a

Skeeter

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2017, 07:17:58 PM »
Even Fox News is making an attempt at appearing to have journalistic integrity. Took them long enough.

Fox News has reportedly pulled Andrew Napolitano from the air indefinitely after he made claims that a British intelligence agency had wiretapped Trump Tower.
Fox News host Shepard Smith also denied Friday that his network has information validating Napolitano's remarks, saying the network knows of "no evidence of any kind that the now-President of the United States was surveilled at any time in any way."

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/324916-fox-news-pulls-napolitano-after-his-trump-wiretap-claims

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2017, 07:30:32 PM »
Even Fox News is making an attempt at appearing to have journalistic integrity. Took them long enough.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/324916-fox-news-pulls-napolitano-after-his-trump-wiretap-claims

That's their apology.