Author Topic: Anyone seen the footage of Conor McGregor sparring?  (Read 4682 times)

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Anyone seen the footage of Conor McGregor sparring?
« on: March 29, 2017, 01:37:25 PM »
I'd love to see him KO Floyd Mayweather but it doesn't look possible.  Everyone knows Floyd would get merked in an MMA fight but McGregor doesn't look like he has any business in a boxing ring.  Am I wrong?

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
  • Sensory receptors succumb
Re: Anyone seen the footage of Conor McGregor sparring?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 02:40:05 PM »
McGregor is obviously going to take him into the later rounds, where he dominates.

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 02:46:37 PM »
mcgregor is learning to dodge the punches and guard up.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 02:49:39 PM »
McGregor is obviously going to take him into the latter rounds, where he dominates.

I wish that was true but I just don't see it.

The only wildcard is if Floyd comes in and is just washed.  Just an old man that has totally lost his skill and desire.  I don't see it.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 02:51:35 PM »
mcgregor is learning to dodge the punches and guard up.

I pray that's true.  I want to see him go in there and fucking conquer Floyd.

To me he looks slow and sloppy.  Not a difficult target to hit at all.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 02:52:47 PM »
no way in hell he will even be remotely  able  to win this fight  floyd will ko him and make him look silly

p.s i fucking hate floyd, but now way a mma fighter is going to box with a elite boxer under boxing rules.

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 02:53:37 PM »
I pray that's true.  I want to see him go in there and fucking conquer Floyd.

To me he looks slow and sloppy.  Not a difficult target to hit at all.

you could see the other guy piss taking, if the other guy was up against a pro boxer he could be a lot more cautious. probably conor needs to speed up his fast twitch muscle fibres and tendons for the impact of hitting.

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 02:58:04 PM »
Most one sided fight in history taking advantage of people's gullibility and lack of boxing knowledge so two athletes obsessed with making money can con the public and make even more money. I love boxing, it's by far my favorite sport but I will not watch it on principle.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2017, 03:01:11 PM »
Most one sided fight in history taking advantage of people's gullibility and lack of boxing knowledge so two athletes obsessed with making money can con the public and make even more money. I love boxing, it's by far my favorite sport but I will not watch it on principle.

i am a fan of both but this fight is a joke and cant even beleive people will pay for this shit. connor will get beat so easy it wont be funny.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2017, 03:03:37 PM »

I don't blame Conor, the UFC is a fucking rip off.  They pay their fighters shit.

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2017, 03:06:54 PM »
i am a fan of both but this fight is a joke and cant even beleive people will pay for this shit. connor will get beat so easy it wont be funny.

Unless Mayweather takes a dive Conor won't land a single punch. He's not even good enough to win a European title in any weight class as a boxer let alone beat one of the best fighters of all time!

I don't blame Conor, the UFC is a fucking rip off.  They pay their fighters shit.

Yeah, I agree but lets not pretend it's a competitive fight and is about anything other than them making money. If it was an actual fight with different rules I'd be slightly interested but straight boxing, no chance!

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2017, 03:15:36 PM »

Yeah, I agree but lets not pretend it's a competitive fight and is about anything other than them making money. If it was an actual fight with different rules I'd be slightly interested but straight boxing, no chance!

Yes

I think most sane people already know that Floyd wins a boxing match decisively and Conor dominates in an MMA match.  some people will pay anyway just for the star power.

This fight is just taking money from suckers.

I'd so love to see Floyd get choked unconscious but he's too smart to let that happen.  He wouldn't go within 500 years of the octagon.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2017, 03:22:04 PM »
Would using MMA gloves instead of boxing gloves be a significant disadvantage to Mayweather?

epic2

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2017, 03:23:38 PM »
you answered your own question,  by the way no fight between them will ever take place.  if you believe it will then i guess pro  wratslin is still real to you also

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2017, 03:28:42 PM »
Would using MMA gloves instead of boxing gloves be a significant disadvantage to Mayweather?

i dont think so his punching skill is way ahead of  mcgregors,  probably would be even worst

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2017, 04:07:18 PM »
...And after the fight, The Golden State Warriors are going to play the New England Patriots. ::)

Europe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2017, 04:17:44 PM »
Lomachenko toying/light sparring with TJ Dillashaw who is considered one of the best standup in UFC..

starts at 0.44min

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2017, 06:38:52 PM »
Any journeyman level boxer would beat the balls off McGregor. Judging from those sparring sessions, there are even legit tomato cans that would look like Sugar Ray Leonard against him.

bozo_the_rot

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2017, 07:04:23 PM »
...And after the fight, The Golden State Warriors are going to play the New England Patriots. ::)

;D

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2017, 08:04:00 PM »
Yes

I think most sane people already know that Floyd wins a boxing match decisively and Conor dominates in an MMA match.  some people will pay anyway just for the star power.

This fight is just taking money from suckers.

I'd so love to see Floyd get choked unconscious but he's too smart to let that happen.  He wouldn't go within 500 years of the octagon.

Id laugh my ass off if McNugget sucker punches and knoxks out PrettyBoy Featherglover whilenhes complaining about a headbutt

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2017, 08:12:58 PM »
the only way this fight would be remotely competetive is if they allowed leg kicks and elbow strikes and even then i am not sure if mcanal would win.    hes going to get schooled so bad boxing , it will damage mma's brand

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2017, 08:37:13 PM »
What if he swings some wild haymakers and gets a lucky shot?  :o

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2017, 08:42:39 PM »
tmt all the way

TheFranchise

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2017, 09:08:22 PM »

This. I can't believe people are disrespecting the sweet sport of boxing and think that the greatest counterpuncher of all time would lose to McGregor. Straight up disrespect toward Floyd and boxing.

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2017, 09:37:36 PM »
What if he swings some wild haymakers and gets a lucky shot?  :o

I'm no boxing expert, but people who know the sport say Floyd Mayweather Jr. is the best defensive boxer of all time.