Author Topic: Homeowners son defends himself against 3 intruders with "high capacity" AR-15  (Read 9070 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Do you know of any instances where a homeowner or private citizen needed a high capacity magazine to defend their home or themselves (not talking about the 12 round one in the shooting in OK)

Don't worry - you and Andreisyourhusband cant fight off muggers and robbers w giant dildos

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
just exactly like you don't know he needed a 12 round clip ::)

and just so you're not confused these people were armed and in his house and I'm perfectly fine with this guy shooting to kill

isn't that what you're supposed to do if you point a gun at someone?

I don't see any significant difference between 10 and 12 rounds

I don't see any need for someone to have a 33 round magazine like the Tuscon Shooter or the shooter in Aurora who supposedly had a 100-round drum magazine

You are an idiot - really - just stop - what you personally see is irrelevent to the discussion.

You come across just like the little fairy in this video

;D :D

falco

• Getbig V

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Actually I don't know what you're talking about. That's because the people who want to limit gun rights generally take broad liberties when defining things like "assault rifle", "high capacity magazine", "automatic weapon" etc...

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/homeowner-shoots-injures-home-invaders_nkncr/53717460

What does it matter how many rounds it took to kill them intruders? Are you under the impression that you only need 1 round per intruder?

Hmm, you can't give even one example where a homeowner needed a high capacity magazine to defend themselves

I can show you many many examples where a gunman used a weapon with a high capacity magazine to kill a lot of people

I guess the only conclusion is we can do nothing to LOWER the carnage.  Can't even try.  Just no point

And what's the reason we an even try or make any effort at all?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Not sure what you mean here...do you see much difference between 8 and 12?
I don't see any reason for cars to have a top speed exceeding 55mph. Think of the lives that could be saved every year!

Nope, I don't much difference between 8, 10 or 12

I see a big difference between 10 and 30 and not just a % but actual bullet count

Not sure why you decided to  bring up automobiles

Are cars primary use as weapons

Are most auto accidents and deaths due to speed above 55 mph hour or are they most due to drunk driving, bad weather, careless driving etc..

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
Nope, I don't much difference between 8, 10 or 12

I see a big difference between 10 and 30 and not just a % but actual bullet count

Not sure why you decided to  bring up automobiles

Are cars primary use as weapons

Are most auto accidents and deaths due to speed above 55 mph hour or are they most due to drunk driving, bad weather, careless driving etc..

Actually most accidents are not because of drunk driving or bad weather. That is a fact. Speed is also not a large part of it.

You have to define careless driving because that's not just one thing.

If you said driver inattentiveness I may go along with it though. I do believe that's number one.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Actually most accidents are not because of drunk driving or bad weather. That is a fact. Speed is also not a large part of it.

You have to define careless driving because that's not just one thing.

If you said driver inattentiveness I may go along with it though. I do believe that's number one.

well, I just asked the question

I'm not sure why people always like to conflate cars or other things when talking about guns

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
well, I just asked the question

I'm not sure why people always like to conflate cars or other things when talking about guns

It's a simple comparison in regulation, didn't mean to confuse you. ::)
I don't understand why some people feel regulating guns and ammo is OK.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
It's a simple comparison in regulation, didn't mean to confuse you. ::)
I don't understand why some people feel regulating guns and ammo is OK.

the only confusion I have is why you think cars and guns have anything in common or why you think cars and speed limits have anything to do with guns

Bear232

• Getbig II
just exactly like you don't know he needed a 12 round clip ::)

and just so you're not confused these people were armed and in his house and I'm perfectly fine with this guy shooting to kill

isn't that what you're supposed to do if you point a gun at someone?

I don't see any significant difference between 10 and 12 rounds

I don't see any need for someone to have a 33 round magazine like the Tuscon Shooter or the shooter in Aurora who supposedly had a 100-round drum magazine

The point is your opinion doesn't matter.   You need as many rounds as you need.   Guns malfunction which may require to reload.   Magazines may malfunction or wear over time.   Your argument over 'need' does not trump someones ability to protect life and property.

chaos

• Getbig V
the only confusion I have is why you think cars and guns have anything in common or why you think cars and speed limits have anything to do with guns
That's because you're a liberal moron that needs everything spelled out in crayon. :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...

Guns are a protected constitutional right, and cars are not.

That's really all that matters in this instance.

mazrim

• Getbig V
Guns are a protected constitutional right, and cars are not.

That's really all that matters in this instance.
Yep.

Also, let's not get away from the fact that Grasping's original point was that the 12 was too much. He only needed three because everyone is Clint Eastwood, etc. Sidetrack city to somewhere he felt on more solid ground.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
30 clip magazines for the win!   :D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Hmm, you can't give even one example where a homeowner needed a high capacity magazine to defend themselves

I can show you many many examples where a gunman used a weapon with a high capacity magazine to kill a lot of people

I guess the only conclusion is we can do nothing to LOWER the carnage.  Can't even try.  Just no point

Lol the link i posted had an incident where the homeowner shot like 40 times.

LMFAO the amount of people you can find killed by people utilizing a high capacity mag is a very small % of the overall people killed by guns.

You're creating a boogeyman which isn't real to push your agenda...in other words, a straw man

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
does that "quote" actually exist anywhere in writing, on audio or video tape?

That I'm unaware of any denial or clarification is what concerns me more than anything else.  Do you know of anything?  Maybe you do.

I'm sure you won't deny it's a strange thing to say.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !

I guess the only conclusion is we can do nothing to LOWER the carnage.  Can't even try.  Just no point

You can't deny, though, that the one thing is what's reported on (people getting killed) while the other isn't (deaths prevented by protective measures) and that it makes a fundamental flaw in perception.

That's why the "gun control" movement is false, and nothing but a creation of media.

All true.

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
people don't need guns. period. for every case like this where access to a gun possibly saved lives, there's 10+ cases where access to a gun led to loss of life. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
people don't need guns. period. for every case like this where access to a gun possibly saved lives, there's 10+ cases where access to a gun led to loss of life.  

Lmao, the second sentence begins by denying the first sentence, before finishing with a wild guess.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie

a

falco

• Getbig V
Lăl

chaos

• Getbig V
Nobody needed your shitty opinion, yet here you are.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Twaddle

• Getbig V
6 shots is really all that is needed.   :-\

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
6 shots is really all that is needed.   :-\

For a shotgun, yes!

Except this Kel-Tec has a 7+7+1 capacity that I am quite fond of:

a

chaos