Author Topic: Mike Mentzer - Discussion  (Read 418902 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Re: Mike Mentzer - Discussion
« Reply #600 on: June 30, 2017, 01:19:52 AM »
LoL didnt read your essay twinkie. Full of bullshit.

Again. He did nothing and died a junkie. Not a loss.

PS - couldnt even beat Zane. LoL

Of course you didn't. Anything more than a few sentences taxes the upper limit of your attention span. So you just repeat the same unsubstantiated accusations. You don't argue or reason. You emote. Your responses are based on emotions and feelings. Much like a impetuous child or a woman who doesn't get her way.

In a sense you are like the anti-Mentzer. Illogical, emotional, irrational, feelings based. I see now why Mentzer offends you so much. Why you comes across as a frustrated baby pounding his spoon on the table presented asinine arguments like "he couldn't EVEN beat Zane." As if losing to a three time Mr. Olympia and one who many consider to this day to have the ideal physique somehow negates Mentzer's standing as one of the best bbers in his era and certainly the most influential one.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #601 on: June 30, 2017, 04:37:06 AM »
Of course you didn't. Anything more than a few sentences taxes the upper limit of your attention span. So you just repeat the same unsubstantiated accusations. You don't argue or reason. You emote. Your responses are based on emotions and feelings. Much like a impetuous child or a woman who doesn't get her way.

In a sense you are like the anti-Mentzer. Illogical, emotional, irrational, feelings based. I see now why Mentzer offends you so much. Why you comes across as a frustrated baby pounding his spoon on the table presented asinine arguments like "he couldn't EVEN beat Zane." As if losing to a three time Mr. Olympia and one who many consider to this day to have the ideal physique somehow negates Mentzer's standing as one of the best bbers in his era and certainly the most influential one.

I'm going to take a wild guess that 'Sgt Barnes' didn't make it to the second paragraph of your post. 

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #602 on: June 30, 2017, 04:48:01 AM »
that's true what you write bout newbie strength gains

it also happens when you do a new exercise of if you return to an old one that you hhaven't done in awhile (and this is true for.advanced lifters)

but..... This strength before size was mike's own personal experience and it happened when he was at a very advanced stage ie.circa 78-79 and it happened on exercises he had already been doing for a long time

bump

any of you experienced lifters ever experience this?

bigbychoices

• Getbig III
« Reply #603 on: June 30, 2017, 12:17:43 PM »
sorry but it wasnt mikes personal experience at that time. he WROTE about it at that time. he also said he gained 10lbs of muscle while using weiders new amino acids in pill form. at that SAME time. lol. which is funny cuz mike was against the supplement bs. he didnt push hardly any.in fact mike didnt even come up with the name for his system HEAVY DUTY. i forget who it was but it wasnt mike. he simply had a new way to make money from gullible people looking for a quick way to get bigger. every pro had their own courses back then. remember vince girondas "4 side to every muscle" training?  or coes and columbos  how to create a "split" in your bicep or chest? or how about the danny padilla "tie in" courses ? lol just a small sample. and yes mikes voice was very nasal. like  a whiner ( which he became anyways)

SGT BARNES

• Getbig IV
  • crush your enemies, see them driven before you
« Reply #604 on: June 30, 2017, 03:30:32 PM »
penius melting down over his junkie hero. melt on old man

(BTW- methzer never did beat zane)

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #605 on: June 30, 2017, 08:30:32 PM »
penius melting down over his junkie hero. melt on old man

(BTW- methzer never did beat zane)

Yes, the customary response of one who cannot formulate a coherent  argument.

I expect the "nut hugger" accusation is forthcoming.

Like your intellect, you write and spell like an inner city child.

"penius" Oh brother. Really? How old are you?

SGT BARNES

• Getbig IV
  • crush your enemies, see them driven before you
« Reply #606 on: June 30, 2017, 08:37:23 PM »
my argument penius, is factual and perfectly coherent.

1. Methzer died a weak minded junkie

2. Methzer could never even beat Zane

3. You are melting all over about your thong hero.

3 facts. Prove them wrong.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #607 on: June 30, 2017, 08:54:59 PM »

Mike died a chain smoking fool.

Mentzer could have defeated Zane but instead chose to surrender to his own  bruised  ego.

What "facts" must be proven wrong?  2+2=4?    This last statement of yours (#3 on your H.I.T. parade quoted above) is somewhat of the blanket variety and as any adult knows, a blanket often just smothers the truth.  Mike scored a perfect 300 in the Universe back when it meant something to win the Universe. 

I had the opportunity to watch Mentor train at the original Gold's and it was brief, intense and by association very inspirational.  Mentor was just a man.  No one here "worships" him.  That sort of idiocy is reserved for that pile of barely ambulatory shit, Ronnie Coleman.   That dilapidated retard is worse off than Mike Mentor ever was but he has the false security of 8 Schmoedows.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #608 on: July 01, 2017, 12:17:36 AM »

The argument was Mentzer's influence and changing the thinking and approach to bodybuilding for millions around the world. Pro bodybuilders almost by definition are compulsive junkies.

Try to keep up. You can even spell "Mentzer", begin a sentence with a capital letter, or even count (1,2,3,3) ffs! Everything about reeks of an uneducated moron.

Keep posting and following this thread while telling us how Mentzer had no impact or influence.

Amazing how much Mentzer, someone you never met or knew, has hurt you. Time to move on cup cake.

bigbychoices

• Getbig III
« Reply #609 on: July 01, 2017, 05:44:03 AM »
yes mike got a 300 score which went to his head and he always talked about it every chance he got. he really did think he was "perfect" and thats a big reason why when arnold and everyone else beat him he couldnt take it. BUT he wasnt the first or only person to get a "perfect 300". i believe it was carlos rodriquez  who got one before he did.( im not sure who but i think it was him) also in the old grand prix days a few others got them too. they mean nothing. its a judges opinion and they are just human.  and yes mike was a chain smoker mostly his whole life. a drug addict too. and he was also an alcoholic. few people know this.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #610 on: July 01, 2017, 06:24:14 AM »
Some random thoughts. Outside of Arnold at the time he was the most famous bodybuilder by far. Anyone remember how slow Mentzer was in the 100 yard dash in ABC's Superstars show? He really took Arthur Jones writings and put his own spin on training protocol. For this he will go down in bodybuilding history.  I think I own every article he ever wrote back in the day. He is still the biggest influence on my training. Was he a drug addict? Yes. Did he have mental problems because of his drug addiction? Yes. In so many ways his life was tragic. He went from making crazy money for a bodybuilder back in the day to being flat broke. He blew all his money on a failed fitness magazine and out dated video making equipment that he was suckered into buying. He lost the love of his life Cathy to another bodybuilder who married her. Clint had a very stable lucrative career.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #611 on: July 01, 2017, 06:28:01 AM »

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #612 on: July 01, 2017, 06:40:08 AM »
he really did think he was "perfect" and thats a big reason why when arnold and everyone else beat him he couldnt take it.

this is a prime example of narcissistic rage

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #613 on: July 01, 2017, 06:50:43 AM »
 :)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #614 on: July 01, 2017, 07:00:19 AM »
Some random thoughts. Outside of Arnold at the time he was the most famous bodybuilder by far. Anyone remember how slow Mentzer was in the 100 yard dash in ABC's Superstars show? He really took Arthur Jones writings and put his own spin on training protocol. For this he will go down in bodybuilding history.  I think I own every article he ever wrote back in the day. He is still the biggest influence on my training. Was he a drug addict? Yes. Did he have mental problems because of his drug addiction? Yes. In so many ways his life was tragic. He went from making crazy money for a bodybuilder back in the day to being flat broke. He blew all his money on a failed fitness magazine and out dated video making equipment that he was suckered into buying. He lost the love of his life Cathy to another bodybuilder who married her. Clint had a very stable lucrative career.

Some random thoughts. Outside of Arnold at the time he was the most famous bodybuilder by far

Not even close. The average person on the street knows who Arnold is , and Lou Ferrigno NO ONE knows who Mike Mentzer is , even in bodybuilding circles he's not even top 20 of most popular bodybuilders

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #615 on: July 01, 2017, 07:19:34 AM »
LoL didnt read your essay twinkie. Full of bullshit.

Again. He did nothing and died a junkie. Not a loss.

PS - couldnt even beat Zane. LoL

Well, if you wish to continue this argument you should read it because Pellius just made you look like a jackass.

You keep saying "He couldn't even beat Zane". You say that like Zane didn't beat just about every notable bodybuilder of the era including Arnold, you dumbfuck. Zane 3 time Olympia winner won or placed in top 3 of almost every contest he competed in. Zane one of the most successful bodybuilders of all time.

I understand Mentzer had his faults and for a guy who was so adamant that his way was right it's fun to talk about his failures. You've done that. Now fuck off.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #616 on: July 01, 2017, 07:25:16 AM »

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #617 on: July 01, 2017, 08:58:17 AM »
Young Ray

Probably started soon after and shut down any chance of being taller than 5'8" to 5' 9".  Probably the main reason so many of todays "bodybuilders" are below average height.  AS supplementation sends a signal to your body that puberty has begun and this in turn sends a signal to begin the epiphyseal process and BINGO!  You don't get any taller.

Doctors here can correct as they see fit as I am no physician. 

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #618 on: July 01, 2017, 09:44:51 AM »

wonder what that waist measured? 

32-33?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #619 on: July 01, 2017, 11:39:03 AM »
 :)

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
« Reply #620 on: July 01, 2017, 12:14:29 PM »
yes mike got a 300 score which went to his head and he always talked about it every chance he got. he really did think he was "perfect" and thats a big reason why when arnold and everyone else beat him he couldnt take it. BUT he wasnt the first or only person to get a "perfect 300". i believe it was carlos rodriquez  who got one before he did.( im not sure who but i think it was him) also in the old grand prix days a few others got them too. they mean nothing. its a judges opinion and they are just human.  and yes mike was a chain smoker mostly his whole life. a drug addict too. and he was also an alcoholic. few people know this.
This "perfect score of 300" was a new way of scoring the competitors back then,that's why he might have been the first to receive it. Before him Sergio and Arnold won Olympia's and other contests with unanimous decisions,not perfect 300 score simply because it didn't existed at the time. Today the "perfect score" is 20( 4 rounds x 5) and so many competitors have won pro shows that way.

Simple Simon

« Reply #621 on: July 01, 2017, 12:22:46 PM »
This "perfect score of 300" was a new way of scoring the competitors back then,that's why he might have been the first to receive it. Before him Sergio and Arnold won Olympia's and other contests with unanimous decisions,not perfect 300 score simply because it didn't existed at the time. Today the "perfect score" is 20( 4 rounds x 5) and so many competitors have won pro shows that way.

Danny Padilla got a perfect score of 300 against Robbies 296, they gave Robbie the win...

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
« Reply #622 on: July 01, 2017, 12:46:24 PM »
Danny Padilla got a perfect score of 300 against Robbies 296, they gave Robbie the win...
Yeah,at the 1979 NOC. Mentzer placed 3-rd there.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #623 on: July 01, 2017, 01:25:43 PM »

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #624 on: July 01, 2017, 02:11:44 PM »