Author Topic: Mike Mentzer - Discussion  (Read 418655 times)

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
Re: Mike Mentzer - Discussion
« Reply #775 on: July 18, 2017, 01:45:08 PM »
Mentzers arms were 18 5/8

no way spanko broke the 17 inch barrier

Lee Haney is a good dude but he was also a torso dominant guy

did his arms hit 18? hmmmmmm

And your point being ??

Didn't stop him winning 8 olympias

Big Arms thankfully are not the only judging criteria

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #776 on: July 19, 2017, 07:43:00 AM »
yes francos arm was never bigger than 17 . he had some fake measurments at 19 but they were never that big.75 wasnt rigged. 80 wasnt rigged. per se but no way was arnold gonna lose. 81 really wasnt rigged either but franco is arnolds buddy. its not like judges were told who to vote for.  they chose on their own but . . . . . .  and also franco was a former mr olympia. they always get better treatment on stage just because they are a mr olympia already.

Please.................. ...hahaha. The judges chose on their own. Ahahahaha.
h

bigbychoices

• Getbig III
« Reply #777 on: July 19, 2017, 10:38:01 AM »
they DO chose on their own. they are NOT told who to pick. that is up to them. BUT they are influenced on their decisions. people scream fix and set up etc and that judges are told who to pick etc. bill pearl is/was a judge on many pro shows and he has never said he was told who to vote for. judges have their favorites for sure. and they dont always vote fairly. but they are never  told what to do.

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #778 on: July 19, 2017, 10:56:11 AM »
Wow!! Thanks for clearing that up. So nice to know that the judges have all the power. 😂😂😂

By the way, you just said they are influenced in their picks. No judge in a fair situation should ever be influenced. You are contradicting yourself, a judge whom is influenced may as well be paid off or told to judge according to an outside interest. No two ways about it.

h

bigbychoices

• Getbig III
« Reply #779 on: July 20, 2017, 06:46:26 AM »
maybe influenced wasnt the right word. what i meant is they choose who they want but its an unwritten rule ( kinda) if arnold is competing he wins. he is BODYBUILDING. and franco is his buddy. plus the judges go with who was a past mr olympia etc and they get a special treatment sorta. if there are no other mr olympias competing then the one from a few years ago is considered the top guy defending his title. ( technically but not actually) and yes politics play a huge part in judging of anything. can they be bought? sure. are they? maybe . when there is money involved anything happens. would weider of said to anyone "vote for this guy"  no. but if you didnt you may not be a judge any longer. its a silent rule so to speak.

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #780 on: July 20, 2017, 08:08:06 AM »
maybe influenced wasnt the right word. what i meant is they choose who they want but its an unwritten rule ( kinda) if arnold is competing he wins. he is BODYBUILDING. and franco is his buddy. plus the judges go with who was a past mr olympia etc and they get a special treatment sorta. if there are no other mr olympias competing then the one from a few years ago is considered the top guy defending his title. ( technically but not actually) and yes politics play a huge part in judging of anything. can they be bought? sure. are they? maybe . when there is money involved anything happens. would weider of said to anyone "vote for this guy"  no. but if you didnt you may not be a judge any longer. its a silent rule so to speak.

Nice turn around, this post is what i was talking about. It leaves all doors open for a rigged contest.
h

bigbychoices

• Getbig III
« Reply #781 on: July 20, 2017, 10:18:28 AM »
its not a turn around. i just had to put it in simplier terms for the less intelligent people to understand.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #782 on: July 20, 2017, 10:20:36 AM »
A real muscular lean 19" arm is amazing. Too bad so many fatsos have 20" arms. Hell my grandma must have had 23" arms.

bigbychoices

• Getbig III
« Reply #783 on: July 20, 2017, 10:33:34 AM »
yes a muscular arm looks much bigger than it is. and bodybuilding is ( was ) about creating an illusion. if your hips were wide you made your shoulders wider to make hips look small. big legs? make upper body bigger to balance them out . nowdays guys are just worried about getting big to be big. period. that is NOT bodybuilding. at least not like it should( used) to be. big but functional muscle is what its about. strive for proportions, symmetry size balance etc. not just big and puffy. they look like crap nowdays to us guys from the golden era. but to the younger guys the guys nowdays look awesome. BUT in 30 years the guys will be so sick/gross and stupid looking that even the guys from  today will say they suck but back in their day( current time) the guys were awesome. lol

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #784 on: July 20, 2017, 01:03:57 PM »
 :)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #785 on: July 20, 2017, 01:21:45 PM »
BIGBY, Interesting comments made by you above. I'm gonna send you a message which you may find to be of interest.'

Simple Simon

« Reply #786 on: July 20, 2017, 01:30:08 PM »

judges dont want to rock the boat, they all vote in a similar way as to keep getting invited on the expenses paid trips around the world.

In reality people have varying opinions, I for instance would lean more towards a complete balanced physique over mass for mass sake, if a guy had no calves then he wouldnt get a first place same as if he had zero arms.

Lots of guys do well with no calves but not that many with sub par arms.

dseiler

• Getbig III
  • GOING OFF THE DEEP END. FUCK IT
« Reply #787 on: July 20, 2017, 01:50:08 PM »
yes a muscular arm looks much bigger than it is. and bodybuilding is ( was ) about creating an illusion. if your hips were wide you made your shoulders wider to make hips look small. big legs? make upper body bigger to balance them out . nowdays guys are just worried about getting big to be big. period. that is NOT bodybuilding. at least not like it should( used) to be. big but functional muscle is what its about. strive for proportions, symmetry size balance etc. not just big and puffy. they look like crap nowdays to us guys from the golden era. but to the younger guys the guys nowdays look awesome. BUT in 30 years the guys will be so sick/gross and stupid looking that even the guys from  today will say they suck but back in their day( current time) the guys were awesome. lol

Arnold use to hit that twisting bicep post and his midsection would almost disappear. I am too lazy to post it.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #788 on: July 20, 2017, 01:52:07 PM »
Arnold use to hit that twisting bicep post and his midsection would almost disappear. I am too lazy to post it.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #789 on: July 20, 2017, 02:04:12 PM »
judges dont want to rock the boat, they all vote in a similar way as to keep getting invited on the expenses paid trips around the world.

In reality people have varying opinions, I for instance would lean more towards a complete balanced physique over mass for mass sake, if a guy had no calves then he wouldnt get a first place same as if he had zero arms.

Lots of guys do well with no calves but not that many with sub par arms.

None of the judges know how the other is voting.

and I posted this a long time ago and it still holds true.

The judges simply ranked the competitors on a sheet of paper, awarding the best man one point, the second two and so on. It was a simple method in which the lowest score won. DeMilia had devised a system where the computer randomly selected one judge per round as an alternate, thus eliminating their score. It then removed the three highest and the three lowest scoring judges. From the twelve judges, then, just five papers counted in any one round, and the judges were unaware of which they were, " To fix a contest, definitely beyond a shadow of a doubt, Wayne had told me, somewhat gleefully, ' you gotta buy off nine judges. I figured this out mathematically. You gotta buy off nine judges. In our sport, with all the big mouths and gossips and everything else, you think nine judges could keep their mouths shut? And lets face it, you gotta go to nine judges and one says ' I don't wanna do it, ' you gotta go to number ten...You think that one other guy ain't gonna talk? ' Hey he tried to buy me off, but I didn't take it. He didn't offer me enough money..." how much money is it gonna take.?"

dseiler

• Getbig III
  • GOING OFF THE DEEP END. FUCK IT
« Reply #790 on: July 21, 2017, 08:41:21 AM »

BSN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #791 on: July 21, 2017, 08:55:27 AM »
1980 MO... Mike vs Arnold

bigbychoices

• Getbig III
« Reply #792 on: July 21, 2017, 03:58:25 PM »
STUNT i never got your message yet

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
« Reply #793 on: July 21, 2017, 10:06:37 PM »
Always found this to be one of the most impressive pics of Mike. Just looks thick. And no fucked up roid face...like todays so called champs.

Chidoman

• Getbig IV
  • Me Like'em All!! #Team Kwon All The Way!!
« Reply #794 on: July 21, 2017, 10:15:02 PM »
Always found this to be one of the most impressive pics of Mike. Just looks thick. And no fucked up roid face...like todays so called champs.
Fuck Man, That's One impressive shot of Mike in His Prime!..Roids or not Training Made The Man, and His Teachings still prevail to This date, Not His sins, which are another story. The Man Proved that hard work payed, and later on Dorian Yates proved the same thing under his Same Teachings, No Bullshit Training, That's It!!...

bigbychoices

• Getbig III
« Reply #795 on: July 22, 2017, 04:50:48 AM »
oh brother back to "his training techniques" made his build again. smh. im dont trying to explain the way he trained is not the way he told people he trained or how he wanted them to train. im done. no more from me about this. i knew mike i knew how he trained. i cant convince anyone who believes all the mags said. smh. good luck if you train "thatway".

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #796 on: July 22, 2017, 10:19:09 AM »
Why does it matter so much to some people as to whether mike built his physique with one method or the other? Who gives a shit, who gives a shit if you knew him. Who gives a shit if you saw how he trained.
   Mike sold a training system.........end of story. All that really matters is what works for you and that you actually follow through and train. We are all in the iron game mostly for the same reasons. We all have different approaches and training routines to suit our bodies. No one system is right or wrong. People getting their panties in a bunch over one training method or the other  ::)
h

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #797 on: July 22, 2017, 10:42:23 AM »
If it works, it works.  If it doesn't, then try something else. Besides, on drugs pretty much anything works. On Conehead levels of drugs you wind up with pussies like the Philsbury Schmoeboy.

He's proof that drugs work.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #798 on: July 22, 2017, 10:44:47 AM »

Mike looks great there.  Way above average build but still athletic looking.  Contrast that with the 'tards of the mAss monster era.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #799 on: July 23, 2017, 02:52:12 PM »
 :)